Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Request Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Other] Project Request Thread

    What this thread is for:
    We've created this thread as a place for people to post their requests for stuff they'd like us to take a look at modding (this can include games/manga/anime). Requests do not guarantee we'll do something, it's just a way for us to get ideas of things to work on.
    What this thread is not for:
    Making a specific request for a particular mod (i.e. I would like if you could do an XYZ mod for sexy beach 3). Maybe we'll consider opening a thread like that in the future, but not at the moment.

    Reminder: (for an example, see smileynator's post)
    When you post a request, make sure to include the name (duh) in romaji and it's original japanese, a couple of screenshots/images, and a link to where the thing can be found. A short description would also be nice.

    AGAIN:
    If you want something done, you need to point a link to where we could get a copy of it. We're a bunch of lazy bastards, and we're not very likely to go hunting all around for something to see if we want to do it.
    Last edited by Inquisitor; 04-19-2014, 07:06 AM. Reason: Add prefix

    Asleep at the wheel

  • oh thanks a bunch smut4biscuit! Yeah, I would like it as a straight Windows executable if possible. I really appreciate the time you took to help me and the recompression problem doesn't sound like a big deal. Thanks again!

    Comment


    • I made a script using quickbms to extract all the files from Dysnomia
      You can easily re insert the files with a hex editor but just keep in mind unless you re compress it with default zlib again you will need to change the offsets in the file table and the compression flag to 0.
      it has plain mpq files so level and character modding should be a breeze.
      Code:
      # Game: Dysnomia (PC)
      # script for QuickBMS http://aluigi.org/papers.htm#quickbms
      
      idstring "2CCPPACK"
          get FILES long
          math FILES -= 1
      
      for i = 0 < FILES
      getdstring NAME 32
      get ZSIZE long
      get COMPRESSED long #either a 0 or 1 seems to always be 1
      get SIZE long
      get OFFSET long
      get NULL long # always 00000000
      
          if COMPRESSED == 0
              log FULLNAME OFFSET SIZE
          else
              clog FULLNAME OFFSET ZSIZE SIZE
          endif
      next i

      If you enjoy my releases feel free to give me some rep points.

      Comment


      • Here it is. Simple command-line app - just drag the .PAK file onto it to unpack, edit the files in the resulting .PAK.d directory, and drag the directory onto it to re-pack.

        Rules for editing dialog (.TXT) files:
        - The dialog box size is 45 characters x 3 lines. Japanese characters take up two spaces.
        - You have to size lines (on word breaks) yourself. Use \n for a newline.
        - It seems you can use any keyboard character except for angle brackets (<>), circumflex (^), and backslash. The Latin (regular keyboard) comma separates strings; to produce a comma use a tilde (~), which means you can't produce a tilde.

        I don't know anything about the other file types, including editing .DDS files. The 3D game nuts could probably help with that.

        Enjoy!
        Attached Files
        ~HF-Mimikko #06~
        Currently Playing: Sugar Coat Freaks
        Currently Working On: Liar-soft Cannonball English Translation Project - discussion - release

        Comment


        • Custom game installers

          Hello friends,

          I know there already exist some custom installers for hentai games such as AG3, but I want to create new ones which contain more features.

          Example (AG3):

          The installer could install:
          • the complete game
          • available updates
          • a collection of mods, tools
          • translations
          • clothes, characters, etc.


          The user would also be able to decide which components he wants to have and create his own custom installation. I could also think of the possibility to update the current installation with newer versions of mods and more clothes.

          Now I need to know what you think of this idea, because I would need your help to collect the available mods, clothes, translations, tools, etc. and to organize them in a wiki or something.

          So please give me some feedback...

          So long,

          Hoomer

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Hoomer View Post
            Hello friends,

            I know there already exist some custom installers for hentai games such as AG3, but I want to create new ones which contain more features.

            Example (AG3):

            The installer could install:
            • the complete game
            • available updates
            • a collection of mods, tools
            • translations
            • clothes, characters, etc.


            The user would also be able to decide which components he wants to have and create his own custom installation. I could also think of the possibility to update the current installation with newer versions of mods and more clothes.

            Now I need to know what you think of this idea, because I would need your help to collect the available mods, clothes, translations, tools, etc. and to organize them in a wiki or something.

            So please give me some feedback...

            So long,

            Hoomer
            If you want an honest answer - it is a complete waste of time. Why create things that already exist over and over again. Don't you have something better to do with your spare time ?
            HF-Modding/Translation Club Member

            Comment


            • Request!

              Hey guys I'm requesting for this 3 games to be translated thanks! The games are ステルラエクエス コーデックス ~黄昏の姫騎士~, Blaze of Destiny III as well as 君が呼ぶ、メギドの丘で game.. Sorry but if you guys want the links you'll have to give me about 4 hours because I'm going overseas for a while and I can only access my laptop then... Thanks again!! Sorry if I seem so greedy requesting for 3 translation at one go...

              Comment


              • Requesting GPK decrypt/encrypt

                Requesting someone to make a GPK extractor/inserter for the game known as "Cross Days" so I can extract text and re-insert it back into the game. The game is due sometime this summer, but a demo is already out.

                You can get the demo here which I assume the final game would have the same GPK encryption for the text data:

                Direct Download
                Page with Mirrors

                After you've installed the demo, the text files should be encrypted inside the game folder in a folder called "PACKS" and the file should be named SCRIPT.GPK
                The last game (school days) uses XML to code the subtitles into the game, so I expect that the decrypted files from the GPK file should be either in XML format or perhaps in RIOS format.

                Thank you in advance.

                I've also attached "script.gpk" to here for convinience. If anyone really wants to take a crack at it Pretty Please?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by mzixu; 06-17-2009, 01:19 AM.
                Current on-going project(s):
                SchoolMate Story Translation
                SchoolDays Story Translation


                Finished project(s):
                Hako Mail and Story Translation

                What I am playing:
                Love Plus for DS, Red Dead for ps3, Alan Wake for 360

                Comment


                • mzixu: Oddly enough, that file is actually a .net exe. Maybe a self-extractor of some sort?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ScumSuckingPig View Post
                    mzixu: Oddly enough, that file is actually a .net exe. Maybe a self-extractor of some sort?
                    So is there anyway to decode it? When I open up with wordpad all it says is something about FORBIS.exe and the rest are unreadable.
                    Current on-going project(s):
                    SchoolMate Story Translation
                    SchoolDays Story Translation


                    Finished project(s):
                    Hako Mail and Story Translation

                    What I am playing:
                    Love Plus for DS, Red Dead for ps3, Alan Wake for 360

                    Comment


                    • I dunno. Not sure how it works. You can rename it to .exe and run if, if you want. Just outputs a few lines of text. Are you sure that file's the one that contains the scripts? Could be an interpreter for the scripting language the game itself uses, rather than contain game scripts itself.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ScumSuckingPig View Post
                        I dunno. Not sure how it works. You can rename it to .exe and run if, if you want. Just outputs a few lines of text. Are you sure that file's the one that contains the scripts? Could be an interpreter for the scripting language the game itself uses, rather than contain game scripts itself.
                        I am pretty sure that's where it is. The other files are simply too large to contain the one hour long story in the demo. After opening the file in cmd line, I see the words:

                        "This program is for use with FORIS-OS.exe version 2.0 or later"

                        I did some searches on FORIS-OS, but didn't get any luck. It appears to be some sort of compression/extraction program they use at overflow...

                        hmmm, maybe I'll have to wait till the full game comes out. :S But thanks for checking it out.

                        Anyway, i've attached the other two files that could possibly contain text. all other files are over 70mb, so I think they wouldn't have no text or xml files in them.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by mzixu; 06-17-2009, 10:00 PM.
                        Current on-going project(s):
                        SchoolMate Story Translation
                        SchoolDays Story Translation


                        Finished project(s):
                        Hako Mail and Story Translation

                        What I am playing:
                        Love Plus for DS, Red Dead for ps3, Alan Wake for 360

                        Comment


                        • The data in these files is packed after the regular executable content, something called EOF Extra Data by my disassembler (never heard of it myself). The data starts at address 0x1400 in the couple of files I looked at. You can see the sound file headers there in the sound effect packs, for instance. Unfortunately, the data in Script.GPK appears to be either encrypted or compressed.
                          ~HF-Mimikko #06~
                          Currently Playing: Sugar Coat Freaks
                          Currently Working On: Liar-soft Cannonball English Translation Project - discussion - release

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by smut4biscuit View Post
                            The data in these files is packed after the regular executable content, something called EOF Extra Data by my disassembler (never heard of it myself). The data starts at address 0x1400 in the couple of files I looked at. You can see the sound file headers there in the sound effect packs, for instance. Unfortunately, the data in Script.GPK appears to be either encrypted or compressed.
                            If the files are encrypted or compressed, does that mean there's no way to ever crack it open without the original compression/encryption program?
                            Current on-going project(s):
                            SchoolMate Story Translation
                            SchoolDays Story Translation


                            Finished project(s):
                            Hako Mail and Story Translation

                            What I am playing:
                            Love Plus for DS, Red Dead for ps3, Alan Wake for 360

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by mzixu View Post
                              If the files are encrypted or compressed, does that mean there's no way to ever crack it open without the original compression/encryption program?
                              Nope - it just means I have to reverse-engineer the game, which could take a while.
                              ~HF-Mimikko #06~
                              Currently Playing: Sugar Coat Freaks
                              Currently Working On: Liar-soft Cannonball English Translation Project - discussion - release

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by smut4biscuit View Post
                                Nope - it just means I have to reverse-engineer the game, which could take a while.
                                Alright, then there's still hope XD
                                Current on-going project(s):
                                SchoolMate Story Translation
                                SchoolDays Story Translation


                                Finished project(s):
                                Hako Mail and Story Translation

                                What I am playing:
                                Love Plus for DS, Red Dead for ps3, Alan Wake for 360

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X