Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Project Request Thread

What this thread is for:
    We've created this thread as a place for people to post their requests for stuff they'd like us to take a look at modding (this can include games/manga/anime). Requests do not guarantee we'll do something, it's just a way for us to get ideas of things to work on.
    What this thread is not for:
    Making a specific request for a particular mod (i.e. I would like if you could do an XYZ mod for sexy beach 3). Maybe we'll consider opening a thread like that in the future, but not at the moment.

Reminder: (for an example, see smileynator's post)
    When you post a request, make sure to include the name (duh) in romaji and it's original japanese, a couple of screenshots/images, and a link to where the thing can be found. A short description would also be nice.

AGAIN:
    If you want something done, you need to point a link to where we could get a copy of it. We're a bunch of lazy bastards, and we're not very likely to go hunting all around for something to see if we want to do it.
    Last edited by Inquisitor; 04-19-2014, 06:06 AM. Reason: Add prefix

Asleep at the wheel

why is it that there are so few translators on HF. Are they all H lurkers?

Comment

A decent translation is hard work and time consuming. In the end translators might not get the recognitions they might want or might not want to waste time translating it if it wasn't for a friend. Just my idea.
      My request (even though i know it's not going to happen) is the translation for Green Green 1, 2 and 3. Even though i don't play novel games i want to know what happens during and after the anime in more detail.
      What is Rep?
      Rep is used to show appreciation to a member for answering your question or for uploading things for everyone.
      http://www.hongfire.com/forum/faq.ph...utation_whatis

Comment

I figured it was this thing called "real life" that gets in the way, along with the time it can take to translate/lack of motivation.

No matter how much fun you have or how good you are, you're going to get bored eventually.

But maybe you can advertise in the Japanese Chat sub-forum a bit.
        Seems to be a good portion? of people who could, if you get lucky. I dunno.
        Last edited by Littledgn; 03-29-2008, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Help me crack Interheart's Itazura Real

Hey All,

I was just wondering if I could get some assistance in cracking this game: Itazura Real.

Any pointers or help would be appreciated.

COMING SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by mjanes42 View Post
            Hey All,

I was just wondering if I could get some assistance in cracking this game: Itazura Real.

Explain what you mean by "cracking" the game. You want a no-dvd, you want to be able to extract the text, or what?

Asleep at the wheel

Comment

Originally posted by mjanes42 View Post
              Hey All,

Some small info

KG.fpk Directx .X files meshes and anim
              Tex.fpk Textures .BMP
              Tex2.fpk Textures .DDS
              Data.fpk Text files aka Lovedeath2 system

Comment

Originally posted by kuropon View Post
                Explain what you mean by "cracking" the game. You want a no-dvd, you want to be able to extract the text, or what?
                What I would really want, I guess, is a way to extract and recompile textures and text and such.

I guess that I should have been a little bit more descriptive in my request. Sorry about that.

Basically, I would love to be able to do the things that we can do with AG3. I'm not looking for any custom utilities or anything, I was just wondering how I could break open the fpk files and mod them.

So, I guess that I'm looking for a program that can decompile/recompile the fpk's.

I've done some searching online and I have found some programs such as Resource Hacker, which doesn't really help me here, and ExtractData, which says that it is decompiling the file but I don't get anything in the export folder, and so on and so forth...

I guess that the Sid Meyer's Pirates game uses a similar fpk type file, so all of my searches online keep bringing up results for that.

@droopy:

Thanks for the info! That helps narrow things down, for sure. Were you able to extract those files? If so, how did you do it?

I'm pretty tech savvy, and I know that if I were pointed in the right direction I could figure most of this stuff out.

Thanks in advance...
                Last edited by AK420; 03-31-2008, 04:15 PM.

COMING SOON!

Comment

Maybe needed: [Mod Discussion Thread](Interheart) Itazura Rear topic

The interheart fpk file extracted old Susie + plugin.

Links:
                  Susie 0.47b:
                  http://www.digitalpad.co.jp/~takechin/download.html

The plugs:
                  http://www.kiss.ac/~msk-goto/nanigas...picmmn1024.lzh
                  and
                  http://www.kiss.ac/~msk-goto/nanigas...ad/spih009.lzh

only small <16 mByte files extract (very old plugin)

Comment

Originally posted by Droopy View Post
                    Maybe needed: [Mod Discussion Thread](Interheart) Itazura Rear topic
                    Spoiler

The interheart fpk file extracted old Susie + plugin.

Links:
                    Susie 0.47b:
                    http://www.digitalpad.co.jp/~takechin/download.html

The plugs:
                    http://www.kiss.ac/~msk-goto/nanigas...picmmn1024.lzh
                    and
                    http://www.kiss.ac/~msk-goto/nanigas...ad/spih009.lzh

only small <16 mByte files extract (very old plugin)
                    Thank you very much, Droopy!

I'm bummed that this program is so limited, but at least I can get a look at the files and perhaps start translating some stuff...

I'll just hope that the ineffable modding community might pick this one up (hint, hint, nudge, nudge, know what I mean?), and we might get a new utility...

It really is a fun game...

COMING SOON!

Comment

• Originally posted by megaleon View Post
                      Hi All
                      i was dealing with the translation of this game (i know it's already out in english, but i'm planning to translate it in italian, my native language, it would mean a lot to me beacuse it's without duobts one of my favourite games ever).

I'm not a rookie, i've already translated lots of illusion games (AG2 & 3, SB3, SM), both graphically and textually.

But unfortunantly i'm not really into programming and editing. And i think that all the story of Brave Soul lay into some .DATs. Nothing i can handle with notepad.

Anyway, here's the main folder:

I believe that story is locate din the "SCENARIO" folder beacuse PARTS folder is about 44 mb (way too big for some compressed .txt) and AVI, MAP, MIDIS & VOICE are... well, opening, maps, musics and sounds folders

I've already tranlsated the opening poem () beacuse it was a simple .txt (title_e.txt): no problems with it.

I just need some help with the .DATs files. If someone can give me a hand i would be very thankful.
                      I'd like to bump my request

Comment

I'd like to bump my request
                        Sorry I never got back to you - I can't find my English games (all two of them, including Brave Soul : P). I could possibly work on text extraction without having a full copy of the game (if you just sent me a few files, for instance), but it would be more difficult, and I couldn't effectively work on text re-insertion.

For starters, what are the names and sizes of the files in the 'scenario' folder?
                        ~HF-Mimikko #06~
                        Currently Playing: Sugar Coat Freaks
                        Currently Working On: Liar-soft Cannonball English Translation Project - discussion - release

Comment

• Originally posted by smut4biscuit View Post
                          Sorry I never got back to you - I can't find my English games (all two of them, including Brave Soul : P). I could possibly work on text extraction without having a full copy of the game (if you just sent me a few files, for instance), but it would be more difficult, and I couldn't effectively work on text re-insertion.

For starters, what are the names and sizes of the files in the 'scenario' folder?
                          Hi, the files have names like "A_CAVE1.DAT", "B_EVEN1.DAT", "END_2.DAT", "OP.DAT" and so on, resembling game events. Their sizes are usually around 6/8 KB, with the biggest file "B_GUILD.DAT" of 51 KB (I suppose it's the file with the guild conversations and mission briefings). If you ant i can post a full list.

In the attachments there are some of those files. Thanks for your help
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi, the files have names like "A_CAVE1.DAT", "B_EVEN1.DAT", "END_2.DAT", "OP.DAT" and so on, resembling game events. Their sizes are usually around 6/8 KB, with the biggest file "B_GUILD.DAT" of 51 KB (I suppose it's the file with the guild conversations and mission briefings). If you ant i can post a full list.

In the attachments there are some of those files. Thanks for your help
                            Hmm, no luck there. Going to have to do it the hard way - can you attach the game executable (.exe) and a list of all the files in all directories? (This shouldn't be considered sharing an English game, since no one can play the game without all the files, even with the executable.) You can get an easy file listing by opening a DOS prompt (cmd) and running "tree <path to game folder> /f".
                            ~HF-Mimikko #06~
                            Currently Playing: Sugar Coat Freaks
                            Currently Working On: Liar-soft Cannonball English Translation Project - discussion - release

Comment

• Originally posted by smut4biscuit View Post
                              Hmm, no luck there. Going to have to do it the hard way - can you attach the game executable (.exe) and a list of all the files in all directories? (This shouldn't be considered sharing an English game, since no one can play the game without all the files, even with the executable.) You can get an easy file listing by opening a DOS prompt (cmd) and running "tree <path to game folder> /f".
                              here you are

the game executable and a nice tree list of all files.
                              Trying to figure out which encryption uses the executable to read the files?

All right, probably this line is 90% made of nonsense. Eh, just trying. ^^
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Request for Uncensor mods of the new エロ医3d[fulltime]

er.. Plss

Comment

Working...
                                X