(Illusion) Premium Play Darkness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by enimaroah View Post
    Yes, Inquisitor meant that he appreciates every mod in any form in the release thread. You can read more in my and his visitor messages. I am still of different opinion, but may be my expectations for acceptance of bdpq's guide lines were too far from reality and I see by your opinion that these guide lines are not wanted by the majority.

A while ago I warned someone because I had removed a bug from SB3Utility which was used by several ppl as a kind of protection against further editing of their xx unit. He had stated that he had used that "feature" in his release post and so I warned him. He said that he had worked on that mod about 200 hours and wouldn't release any further mods because of the missing protection. I argued that I work several hours each day on SB3Utility and if I should stop releasing it. He saw the argument, but it was his last release. His mod was found in another one's release without any mentioning of his name soon after that. This has been corrected in the meantime, but you can imagine how he felt.
    Yes I can understand how he felt but I'd actually like to see people modify my work in a way that they can enjoy it, for example a recent mod I DLd, worked very different in Semi Nude State from I thought it should've been, I would like to be given the option to change that. 200 hours huh? Is it THAT hard to make a costume mod?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sovereign899 View Post
      Yes I can understand how he felt but I'd actually like to see people modify my work in a way that they can enjoy it, for example a recent mod I DLd, worked very different in Semi Nude State from I thought it should've been, I would like to be given the option to change that. 200 hours huh? Is it THAT hard to make a costume mod?
      The time you spend is depending on many factors. It can be hard to be a perfectionist

What I would like to see as a minimum is when another one's mod is taken as a base and modified that the original author and forum is named in the release post. If it is just posted without modification I see this as a matter of course. But you see, it is my personal opinion.

Comment

The time you spend is depending on many factors. It can be hard to be a perfectionist

What I would like to see as a minimum is when another one's mod is taken as a base and modified that the original author and forum is named in the release post. If it is just posted without modification I see this as a matter of course. But you see, it is my personal opinion.
        Ah yes if you modified something that's not yours then yes you DO need to credit original author etc.

Comment

• @Sovereign899: Well, the king's way was presented from moff moff lately. It was the first time I was asked for permission to mod something I modded.

@moff moff: Thank you for your update! Wonderful!

@snooley: Soon! The PNG parser is ready and able to read all png files from PSP, regardless of the number of IK lines. For all StudioIK*.lst units
          Attached Files

Comment

• Something I ran across while building the salon mod. Materials using textures with the same name (ie. 001.jpg) would only display one of them

An example, not actual textures or names used

A chair has a texture named 01.jpg that is brown.
            A table has a texture named 01.jpg that is tan.
            They would both use the brown version of the texture, until I renamed the tan one to something else.
            PPD & Studio Pro Items
            PPD & Studio Pro Tutorials, Tips, & Outfit Mods

Comment

@snooley: Soon! The PNG parser is ready and able to read all png files from PSP, regardless of the number of IK lines. For all StudioIK*.lst units
              That's fabulous! =O
              Very excellent, this will help a ton of people.

Lately I feel kinda robbed of my money, having spent all that cash on PPD and it's Expansion and now all of us have made it into something much more enjoyable. The state the game is in now is what I should have spent my money on and not the barebones version of PPD and Pro wich had:

No uncensor (Okay can't blame them because of messed up laws)
              Serious Clipping Issues with Skirts
              PNG Corruption
              255 Costume Limit
              Low Res Skins
              No anuses (I DO Blame them for that, because they are allowed to show those according to laws!)
              Poser with only 4 controlable Joints

etc. etc., you guys get what I mean.
              Sorry for the rambling. >_>

Regards,
              Snooley

Comment

• Originally posted by Guff View Post
                Something I ran across while building the salon mod. Materials using textures with the same name (ie. 001.jpg) would only display one of them

An example, not actual textures or names used

A chair has a texture named 01.jpg that is brown.
                A table has a texture named 01.jpg that is tan.
                They would both use the brown version of the texture, until I renamed the tan one to something else.
                This mechanism is most likely present in nearly every game. The textures are cached and using the name as key prevents multiple uploading the same texture to the gpu.

But it's good to post such information, because it prevents others wasting time on searching for errors. Thanks!

Originally posted by Snooley View Post
                That's fabulous! =O
                One thing to consider for Ultimate Pro! The IK information in the png files has no link to the frames in the StudioIK*.lst. That means they are used by index! It will be nearly impossible to convert back and forth when different IK mods were used. The results will be loadable by PSP but the joints might be twisted when customized.

To simplify that, every IK mod would have to put additional IK lines behind the (4/8) original ones. The question is, would ppl convert scenes back to vanilla PSP? If the answer is yes, then I would suggest to make a compatible ultimate version with the original lines at the top. Nothing to hurry, I will still be busy with the converter for some time.

Comment

So you're saying we can put ANY of the mods that we find even if we don't credit the author? Was this because of everyone's backlash against Mk3200? I believe he was just helping, he put up some of the costumes I really wanted to see as mods (before the backlash costumes) and I thank him sincerely for that. Not everyone has the time to go through a bazillion different modding sites to even remember authors etc. HF is the only modding site I go to.
                  No, you should ALWAYS credit the author. It's just not everybody that can manage it. Not everybody is used to using a forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                    No, you should ALWAYS credit the author. It's just not everybody that can manage it. Not everybody is used to using a forum.
                    I know we SHOULD credit the author but sometimes you seriously forget their name .

Comment

I know we SHOULD credit the author but sometimes you seriously forget their name .
                      Yeah, and then we should point it out to the OP, so that the author name(s) can be edited in. If the OP cannot manage (for whatever reason) then it can be done by a moderator. My point was simply that it would be better for all if we are open and start out by thinking that people probably forgot proper credit instead of accusing them of stealing. We have to consider that not all people have functional language skills, reasonable posting experience, have knowledge about forum etiquette or that they can simply forget.

I have seen it many times in the past that a non-English speaker somehow managed to create a post at HF with a download link to a special mod from elsewhere with not much help or anything. Very few was able to even install the mod or figure out what it was, but some time down the road a brilliant HF modder made it wizzard ready or even better managed to make a mod that was even more special.

Comment

@Sovereign899: Well, the king's way was presented from moff moff lately. It was the first time I was asked for permission to mod something I modded.

@moff moff: Thank you for your update! Wonderful!

I am fortunate when you are glad.

In UV, it is usually to obtain permission of modification from the modder who work first.
                        I think that it is good, if the custom is circulated here.

homu homu -> mohu mohu -> moff moff

Comment

• Originally posted by Snooley View Post
                          That's fabulous! =O

Lately I feel kinda robbed of my money, having spent all that cash on PPD and it's Expansion and now all of us have made it into something much more enjoyable. The state the game is in now is what I should have spent my money on and not the barebones version of PPD and Pro wich had:

No uncensor (Okay can't blame them because of messed up laws)
                          Serious Clipping Issues with Skirts
                          PNG Corruption
                          255 Costume Limit
                          Low Res Skins
                          No anuses (I DO Blame them for that, because they are allowed to show those according to laws!)
                          Poser with only 4 controlable Joints

etc. etc., you guys get what I mean.
                          Sorry for the rambling. >_>

Regards,
                          Snooley
                          Thanks for the +rep Snooley.

I write the gratitude to you here today.
                          But, I will thank to you using a visitor message in the near future.
                          Last edited by moff moff; 07-13-2013, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by moff moff View Post
                            I am fortunate when you are glad.

In UV, it is usually to obtain permission of modification from the modder who work first.
                            I think that it is good, if the custom is circulated here.
                            Yes, it is good and highly appreciated.

---------

ConvertPSP_PNG
                            [ATTACH]244887[/ATTACH]

What's that?:
                            It is a tool which converts a scene saved from PSP into a scene for PSP after a change of the StudioIK*.lst units. It is useful for conversions of scenes you made before you installed Snooley's Ultimate PSP version or other IK mods.

Usage:
                            The interface is minimalistic and you have to drop a scene png onto the converter like you would do with a pp file onto a decrypter. Starting the converter without any argument just shows an error!

You will see the number of characters and items of the scene png file and the number of lines in the StudioIK*.lst units the scene was saved with. These numbers have to be adapted to the current number of lines in that lst units. Then you click Convert to save the file. This converted filename has a fixed "-c" at the end and the file is placed into the same folder as the original.

Note:
                            You can adapt in both directions and if you decide to uninstall IK mods you can convert your scenes back to be loaded by vanilla PSP. Of course, the modified IKs in the scene will be free then.

I put it here because it needs more testing. If someone wants to find out more values for editing, the sources are attached as well.

Usage in a command line requires version 0.2:
                            This allows to convert many png files with one call but without GUI. You could even make a link to the tool and insert the arguments in the Target line, but you will have no feedback - neither error nor success will be reported. Therefore, I recommend to open a command prompt and start the tool there.

The command line syntax is explained when called with /? or /help:
                            Usage in a console:
                            -f={number of female IKs}
                            -m{0-4}={number of male IKs for that type}
                            -stop_at_first_error
                            All other arguments are considered to be filenames.
                            They may contain wildcards.
                            Example: ConvertPsp_Png -f=88 -m0=72 example.png demo*.png

Demo output:
                            Spoiler

CMD>ConvertPSP_PNG.exe d:\PPDP\data\studioscene\scene1.png d:\PPDP\data\studioscene\scene2.png D:\PPDP\data\studioscene\scene3.png D:\PPDP\data\studioscene\p*2.png -f=4

d:\PPDP\data\studioscene\scene1.png chars=1, items=0 - conversion okay
                            d:\PPDP\data\studioscene\scene2.png chars=2, items=0 - conversion failed: SetNumberOfIKEntries for type=0, subType=0 was called with wrong value.
                            D:\PPDP\data\studioscene\scene3.png - conversion failed: PPD scene PNG files dont need to be converted. PSP can read those directly.
                            D:\PPDP\data\studioscene\p1p2.png chars=2, items=0 - conversion okay

History:
                            Spoiler

[ATTACH]270553[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]270552[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH]244888[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]244889[/ATTACH]
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by enimaroah; 09-27-2014, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Yes, it is good and highly appreciated.

---------

ConvertPSP_PNG
                              [ATTACH]244887[/ATTACH]

What's that?:
                              It is a tool which converts a scene saved from PSP into a scene for PSP after a change of the StudioIK*.lst units. It is useful for conversions of scenes you made before you installed Snooley's Ultimate PSP version or other IK mods.

Usage:
                              The interface is minimalistic and you have to drop a scene png onto the converter like you would do with a pp file onto a decrypter. Starting the converter without any argument just shows an error!

You will see the number of characters and items of the scene png file and the number of lines in the StudioIK*.lst units the scene was saved with. These numbers have to be adapted to the current number of lines in that lst units. Then you click Convert to save the file. This converted filename has a fixed "-c" at the end and the file is placed into the same folder as the original.

Note:
                              You can adapt in both directions and if you decide to uninstall IK mods you can convert your scenes back to be loaded by vanilla PSP. Of course, the modified IKs in the scene will be free then.

I put it here because it needs more testing. If someone wants to find out more values for editing, the sources are attached as well.
                              I appreciate that you offered your tool.
                              I thought that it was very useful.
                              Because I have already installed Snooley's Ultimate PSP, I would like to use your tool.

>> If you make another update or new costume please include the costume number in the pp's filename. It would help to identify collisions of mods. E.g. prpr_99_mdrms_14(192-194).pp

Thanks for the +rep.
                              I quite agree. I will perform it from next update.
                              Last edited by moff moff; 07-13-2013, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• @enimaroah

In conclusion, I was not able to convert PNG well. The screen was pitch-black when the PNG file which has -c was loaded.
                                I put my images on below. Please point out, if there is a erroneous place.

"These numbers have to be adapted to the current number of lines in that lst units."
                                I do not understand the meaning of the sentence well.

Spoiler

Comment

Working...
                                X