Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by enimaroah View Post
    That sounds great!

No, I didn't analyze those files. But there are no references as you hope; not even in PNG scene files. .edch files contain values for the "morph" sliders, colours, etc but no geometry or anything related.

Individual tattoos could be created on costume basis, but of course not for the full naked state.

Spoiler

I see... Well, theres some skin color that I never use so I will modify them with more generic tattoos. It's not the best way but we have to play with what we got in hands, right?
    do not panic

Comment

@idEGO: congratulations for your success! If you had problems in understanding my tutorials and would redact the problematic parts, I would be grateful.
      The tutorials are very good. My problems stem from inexperience, ignorance, and information overload. I had a problem when I got to step 11 of the third tutorial because my freeware version of Metasequioa starts in Beginner mode, which is absent the Join closed vertices function. By changing the mode in upper left corner from Beginner to Modeling(string) I was able to open up this menu option, but there was a few hours where I simply thought it wasn't available to freeware users.

I found this page useful

For me personally I just get to a point where almost every post in this thread seems significant, or even if it is not significant it has the potential to be so, which essentially amounts to the same thing. So I'm reading, learning to use Gimp, gmax, Google Sketchup, milkshape, SB3ugs,etc. and exploring game engines and scripting languages. I just had to leave my comfort zone and start following the tutorial and now I wonder what held me back in the first place. It took a few hours but its fun to use and easy to understand between your tutorial and that page I linked too.

Originally posted by enimaroah View Post
      The backside or better the inside of clothes will also act as a sight blocker (limiting the sight outwards). You have several choices. See the screenshot.
      • The jacket's inside is only visible on the lower rim. This small part was modelled in one piece together with the outer surface. This allows the jacket to get some thickness along with the effect that these faces block the sight (to the inside of the jacket).
      • The skirt doesn't block the view to the outside in SB3UGS until you switch off Culling. This is the effect of the unknowns which you can find out by comparison. The skirt's switches off backface culling in the poser/game for that submesh only. Unknown values are ignored for rendering in SB3UGS because these values are or could be game dependent.
      • Finally it is possible to provide extra geometry, like Cheongsam's cw_O_chinaura_11_00. Only the visible part of the dress has been taken and inverted.
      Mimic all three possibilities to retain performance.
      I copied unknown section 1 and unknown section 4 from the hex of the skirt in cw_body_00_00.xx and it turned off backface culling for the shirt I'm using, I probably went a little overboard but it works and seems stable

Now I'm working on cutting the body. I've decided to replace the one in the pic with a custom one cut from cw_body_99_00.xx and will probably rebuild the entire costume following all the steps of the tutorial this time around. (Forgive me I'm an American and the first thing we do is throw out the instruction manual )

Comment

If you would replace the cw_O_panst_11_00 with these legs, then the feet will begin z-fighting with the shoes. Still, for a test, you should do so for learning the process.

Drop the MQO into SB3UGS. If the imported legs are still named cw_O_panst_11_00 then you can drag them into the Object Tree and simply click OK. If you have renamed the legs somewhere in the process then you have to drop them precisely onto the frame cw_O_panst_11_00.

Make sure that you drag the mesh from the workspace - not the submesh (mesh object)! If you dont know the difference consult the Glossary.
        Hi, I am encountering problems. I tried transferring the mesh into the pants frame cw_M_pants... But nothing happens, the stockings is still there and moments later, my SB3U crashes. Am I doing it correctly (which is obviously I am not )? Moreover, how do I name the mesh correctly during editing? Is it the one when I "save as..." the mesh from Metasequioa?
        Pudding!

Comment

• Originally posted by SSora View Post
          I see... Well, theres some skin color that I never use so I will modify them with more generic tattoos. It's not the best way but we have to play with what we got in hands, right?
          Sure, you can do that of course. I always try to give hints into the most compatible direction. But your way is easier and fine as an individual solution.

Originally posted by idEGO View Post
          The tutorials are very good. My problems stem from inexperience, ignorance, and information overload. I had a problem ... because ... Metasequioa starts in Beginner mode ...
          Thank you! I will emphasize that point even more. The first sentence of the third tut seems to be too weak.

For me personally I just get to a point where almost every post in this thread seems significant, or even if it is not significant it has the potential to be so, which essentially amounts to the same thing. So I'm reading, learning to use Gimp, gmax, Google Sketchup, milkshape, SB3ugs,etc. and exploring game engines and scripting languages. I just had to leave my comfort zone and start following the tutorial and now I wonder what held me back in the first place. It took a few hours but its fun to use and easy to understand between your tutorial and that page I linked too.
          I tend to do the opposite and limit the number of tools to a minimum. E.g. I do most geometric related tasks in Metasequoia. If I cant find a way there then I use Maya. But it is good to learn many tools to find the best for you.

Now I'm working on cutting the body. I've decided to replace the one in the pic with a custom one cut from cw_body_99_00.xx and will probably rebuild the entire costume following all the steps of the tutorial this time around. (Forgive me I'm an American and the first thing we do is throw out the instruction manual )
          There is nothing wrong with making your own experiences. The problem is that many possibilities are not obvious. And I hope that my tutorials reveal the non intuitive parts of the "production cycle" and functions of SB3UGS.

Originally posted by KingRexTan View Post
          Hi, I am encountering problems. I tried transferring the mesh into the pants frame cw_M_pants... But nothing happens, the stockings is still there and moments later, my SB3U crashes. Am I doing it correctly (which is obviously I am not )? Moreover, how do I name the mesh correctly during editing? Is it the one when I "save as..." the mesh from Metasequioa?
          As soon as you drop an ImportedMesh - again: not the submesh! - onto a frame in the ObjectTree you will see a dialog with several options (Destination Frame Id, Merge / Replace, Normals, Bones, etc.)

What kind of crash happens? The renderer window gets blank? An error is written into the Log window?

The easiest handling for meshes is when you dont rename the mesh in Metasequoia. This makes sure that the ImportedMesh has the name of the mesh frame and you can simply drop the mesh into the empty area of the ObjectTree without having to search the original mesh frame. The name of the MQO file doesn't matter.
          Last edited by enimaroah; 12-29-2013, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• Yep. I get the window where Destination Frame Id, Merge / Replace, Normals, Bones, etc appear.

Then, after dropping the mesh into the Object Tree.. I'll go check the mesh in the mesh tab to see if it was replace. Sadly no. The stocking is still there. Then it will crash. I'll get the message SB3U has stopped responding...

About the do not rename part... The attachment I uploaded last time was the "body" mesh of another outfit.. Not pants. So, I believe renaming is in order (although I do not know how to rename for all I know renaming the MQO is the same as renaming the mesh, which was proven wrong just now.)

BTW, Thanks for your replies.

I still can't figure this out. :<
            Pudding!

Comment

• Originally posted by KingRexTan View Post
              Yep. I get the window where Destination Frame Id, Merge / Replace, Normals, Bones, etc appear.

Then, after dropping the mesh into the Object Tree.. I'll go check the mesh in the mesh tab to see if it was replace. Sadly no. The stocking is still there. Then it will crash. I'll get the message SB3U has stopped responding...

About the do not rename part... The attachment I uploaded last time was the "body" mesh of another outfit.. Not pants. So, I believe renaming is in order (although I do not know how to rename for all I know renaming the MQO is the same as renaming the mesh, which was proven wrong just now.)

BTW, Thanks for your replies.

I still can't figure this out. :<
              The mesh can be named as you like. It would be just convenient if it would have the name of its destination frame.

Please upload your work in progress. I currently have no idea about the crash or the failed replacement.

Comment

• Windowed Fullscreen v2.0 alpha

I don't like it when people tell me that my mods slow down their game to the point where the only way to play it is to remove my mod.

There are two solutions to this problem:
                1) Silence them

2) Fix the mod

I opted for the second solution and stripped down everything that wasn't used to do what the name of the mod suggests. The result is that there is no drop in FPS when using the mod and the dll is only 9KB instead of half a megabyte.

Before releasing it in the Mod Release Thread, I would like people to test this. Especially the ones with an Oculus Rift.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by enter75; 12-29-2013, 02:54 PM.
                Spoiler
                Nothing to see here. These links are probably outdated and I'm too lazy to fix them.
                Illusion universal crack | SVN module for Illusion games | PerfHUD mod for SBZ

If you like what I do, click the button.

Comment

• Originally posted by enter75 View Post
                  I don't like it when people tell me that my mods slow down their game to the point where the only way to play it is to remove my mod.

There are two solutions to this problem:
                  1) Silence them

2) Fix the mod

I opted for the second solution and stripped down everything that wasn't used to do what the name of the mod suggests. The result is that there is no drop in FPS when using the mod and the dll is only 9KB instead of half a megabyte.

Before releasing it in the Mod Release Thread, I would like people to test this. Especially the ones with an Oculus Rift.
                  I haven't had time to test it yet, but it sounds great! I was wondering if it would be possible to include a resolution fix, like the old subtitle mod had? Some people have posted that Illusion games can't run in higher resolution than 1900x1200, meaning a desktop resolution of like 2560x1440 would not work with this mod. This could be just a config file (no button/GUI) needed. Would it be possible?

Comment

The mesh can be named as you like. It would be just convenient if it would have the name of its destination frame.

Please upload your work in progress. I currently have no idea about the crash or the failed replacement.
                    So far, this is what I got from the last time. A body mesh from 17.

There are 2 MQO's there. They are just the same. I just renamed the other one thinking it is the same as renaming the mesh.

https://www.mediafire.com/?df3zu41zhw929c2
                    Pudding!

Comment

So far, this is what I got from the last time. A body mesh from 17.

There are 2 MQO's there. They are just the same. I just renamed the other one thinking it is the same as renaming the mesh.

https://www.mediafire.com/?df3zu41zhw929c2
                      The error can be seen immediately when importing any of the two in the Log window.
                      Code:
                      Error parsing object cw_O_taorubody_01[0]: Face 4943 in mesh object cw_O_taorubody_01[0] has more than 3 vertices. Triangulate the meshes
                      Error parsing object cw_O_taoru_01[0]: Face 25 in mesh object cw_O_taoru_01[0] has more than 3 vertices. Triangulate the meshes
                      Such an error cant be ignored on your side and you really have to triangulate those meshes in Metasequoia.

In the Edit Options uncheck CObj. Make sure that Pt is checked, then select all vertices of all meshes (CTRL-A). Then choose Triangulate from the Selected menu. (Names can differ since I am still using 3.1.1)

Comment

The error can be seen immediately when importing any of the two in the Log window.
                        Code:
                        Error parsing object cw_O_taorubody_01[0]: Face 4943 in mesh object cw_O_taorubody_01[0] has more than 3 vertices. Triangulate the meshes
                        Error parsing object cw_O_taoru_01[0]: Face 25 in mesh object cw_O_taoru_01[0] has more than 3 vertices. Triangulate the meshes
                        Such an error cant be ignored on your side and you really have to triangulate those meshes in Metasequoia.

In the Edit Options uncheck CObj. Make sure that Pt is checked, then select all vertices of all meshes (CTRL-A). Then choose Triangulate from the Selected menu. (Names can differ since I am still using 3.1.1)

Sir, I am now receiving an error saying Invalid Material Index. Ahaha! I do not know what to do anymore.. :< I just want an edited Cheongsam outfit..

Can I request the one you attached messages ago? I think I saw a finished one.. I, also, want to know how your got it. Thanks! Hope it's not a bother.
                        Pudding!

Comment

Sir, I am now receiving an error saying Invalid Material Index. Ahaha! I do not know what to do anymore.. :< I just want an edited Cheongsam outfit..

Can I request the one you attached messages ago? I think I saw a finished one.. I, also, want to know how your got it. Thanks! Hope it's not a bother.
                          No, I would never release a mod like this. It was no more than assigning the body material to the first submesh of cw_O_panst_11_00. Can be done in 3 seconds plus time for saving the pp file. BTW, it looks bad because of the wrong UVs.

Yours can look like in the first screenshot. And you can simply remove the shoes or could decide to work a bit more in Metasequoia to cut the parts of the feet which should be covered by the shoes.
                          1. After import set the options for Base and Replace with the context menu for all submeshes involved in the replacement. I made that with two replacements.
                          2. drag cw_O_taorubody_01 onto cw_O_panst_11_00. The defaults in the dialog are okay and remove the original in the process (because of Replace).
                          3. drag uncen onto cw_O_panst_11_00. This time we want to retain what we have there; so change the option to Merge.

Click on Mesh to see the result. Look under her feet. They are strangely dark. Correct the Normals... with the usual threshold of 0.00001.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• @Enimaroah and and idEGO: Gah been a LONG while, parents are home for vacation and can't really check anything PPD. Got a new laptop as well (notebook.......don't know how well it can run PPD yet) so need to get everything again (install PPD again then copy all my mods and buy a mouse cause touchscreen is annoying )

Anyway back to modding, I guess I'll try to make those accessories for the actual game then see about creating static items.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                              I was wondering if it would be possible to include a resolution fix, like the old subtitle mod had? Some people have posted that Illusion games can't run in higher resolution than 1900x1200, meaning a desktop resolution of like 2560x1440 would not work with this mod. This could be just a config file (no button/GUI) needed. Would it be possible?
                              I don't remember how this was implemented in the Subtitle mod. I would have to check.
                              I can mark this as TODO but I've got a lot of other projects I'm working on, at the moment. I have to start proritizing if I want to get anything done.

I released the mod above because it was relatively easy to throw code out. Throwing code back in is a whole other story
                              Spoiler
                              Nothing to see here. These links are probably outdated and I'm too lazy to fix them.
                              Illusion universal crack | SVN module for Illusion games | PerfHUD mod for SBZ

If you like what I do, click the button.

Comment

• Originally posted by enter75 View Post
                                I don't remember how this was implemented in the Subtitle mod. I would have to check.
                                I can mark this as TODO but I've got a lot of other projects I'm working on, at the moment. I have to start proritizing if I want to get anything done.
                                I have attached some screens from SBZ, so you can see how it worked. Selecting any resolution in Resolution will override the resolution set in the game options.

Making any change to the Illusion Subtitle Overlay will result in it creating a new file, Subtitle.cfg, in the same folder as d3d9.dll. These are the first few lines of the file:
                                Code:
                                // Note that this file must be in UTF-8 format.

Resolution = 1920, 1200
                                MinSubDuration = 2000
                                I understand that you have other things to do, but your mod would be the ultimate mod if there was an optional resolution.cfg with just the Resolution value.

Background information
                                High resolution displays (sometimes mistakenly aka 4K) are dropping in price and becoming more common. You can get a 27" screen with 2560x1440 for ~400€ in DK. In addition the ultrawide (2560x1080) displays are also becoming more common and a 29" is ~375€. Illusion games doesn't support resolutions higher than 1920x1200, so you will be forced to run the games in either a small window or in full screen (sacrificing the ability to Alt-Tab).

Here is a post where enimaroah is replying to a question about it. There have been several other similar questions.
                                Here is a post with some information that a resolution fix works (at least in AG3).

Originally posted by enter75 View Post
                                I released the mod above because it was relatively easy to throw code out. Throwing code back in is a whole other story
                                Where did you release the mod?

@all: I wish you HAPPY NEW YEAR!
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Inquisitor; 12-31-2013, 12:14 AM. Reason: Minor clarifications, add question about where the mod was released and new year greeting

Comment

Working...
                                X