• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] (Illusion) Immoral Ward

Here is modding discussion thread

==[ Useful Links ]=======================
    Last edited by Inquisitor; 04-17-2014, 08:26 AM. Reason: Fix wiki link

• Originally posted by enimaroah View Post
    If you have additional IK chains in mind, then follow this post and the answers even on the next page.
    This would be very difficult.

Comment

• Face texture bitmap files

I am looking for suggestions on resolving this issue related to Skins and Faces.

I replaced the textures for body 4 and 7 in 30_00_00.pp. Things were fine for a while. But for whatever reason, right now, all skin tones point to the same face bitmap. i.e. as I change skin stones, the face remains the same. So I end up with pale-faced characters.

I think this may be related to an LST file entry. But I am not sure. The correct Face BMPs are contained within 30_00_00.pp. It should not be a naming issue because all of the other original skin tones (from original installation) suffer from the same problem.

Any suggestions on where I can look into to have the game point back to the correct textures?

Thanks.

Comment

If you have additional IK chains in mind, then follow this post and the answers even on the next page.
        Not sure I'd want an additional IK chain for the breasts. More like moving them when the mouse hovers over them. At least that's how it works in PSP.
        Last edited by holahov; 03-21-2014, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anand View Post
          I am looking for suggestions on resolving this issue related to Skins and Faces.

I replaced the textures for body 4 and 7 in 30_00_00.pp. Things were fine for a while. But for whatever reason, right now, all skin tones point to the same face bitmap. i.e. as I change skin stones, the face remains the same. So I end up with pale-faced characters.

I think this may be related to an LST file entry. But I am not sure. The correct Face BMPs are contained within 30_00_00.pp. It should not be a naming issue because all of the other original skin tones (from original installation) suffer from the same problem.

Any suggestions on where I can look into to have the game point back to the correct textures?

Thanks.
          My guess would be that you messed up 00_00_00.pp / y01_cha_tinfo_00.lst.

Originally posted by holahov View Post
          Not sure I'd want an additional IK chain for the breasts. More like moving them when the mouse hovers over them. At least that's how it works in PSP.
          This functionality is most likely an implemented feature of the exe. No chance adding such without reverse engineering both posers.

Comment

My guess would be that you messed up 00_00_00.pp / y01_cha_tinfo_00.lst.
            Awesome bro.

Although I had not touched that lst file, looking into it pointed the way to 07_00_00.pp which is where I messed up. In re-packing the pp file, I had left out almost everything except the files I was modding - careless mistake.

Thanks!

Comment

This functionality is most likely an implemented feature of the exe. No chance adding such without reverse engineering both posers.
              Couldn't the code from the PSP exe by copied over to the Iward exe? Or is that making it seem simpler than it actually is?

Comment

• no this is not possible, cause the different coded strings, I guess.

Comment

• damn, it seems like I expected too much from the iward studio...

Comment

• I'm writing this post to personally and publicly send all my sincerest thanks to Futaboy for continuing the English translation for IW user interface. I was the one supposed to do it, and he took the job over without any guidance nor knowledge about Japanese.

My dear Futa, you rock. Without your hard work, Immoral Ward wouldn't be so enjoyable.

And, to those who read this, if you haven't done it already, give this boy the reputation he deserves for his awesome work along with a message telling him how much you love what he does.

Also, I would like to apologize for having discontinued this translation without further notice nor any directions to maintain it. This sudden disappearance was a really rude and egoist move from me.
                    Even if I did it to chase after my dreams (see my location), I committed the uttermost blasphemy of not delivering after engaging myself to do so, and I'm deeply sorry for this act.

Comment

• Originally posted by holahov View Post
                      Couldn't the code from the PSP exe by copied over to the Iward exe? Or is that making it seem simpler than it actually is?
                      Yes, the code could be copied over - after having reversed engineered both posers. Without it you wouldn't know which code part from PSP would have to be copied and where to put that code part into IW.

With code I mean functions written in assembler, not strings.

@Dr.Yoshi: it is nice to see that you haven't forgotten us. Welcome back!

Comment

• Hello, one can offer please a Backup during the installation. The HF patch has destroyed all my work.

many Thanks
                        Last edited by Inquisitor; 03-28-2014, 11:35 PM. Reason: Moved from mod RELEASE thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Slider x View Post
                          Hello, one can offer please a Backup during the installation. The HF patch has destroyed all my work.

many Thanks
                          First of all: Don't EVER post in a mod release thread unless releasing a mod, get it?
                          Secondly: The HF patch warns you about keeping a backup, so ofc you still have the iso, right?
                          Thirdly: The HF patch doesn't destroy anything unless you did something to make it go wrong.

Comment

• Unlocking Sliders

What files would I need to look at if I wanted to unlock the sliders in the character creation? I know it's been done for PPD and I'm interested to see if it could work for immoral ward.

Comment

What files would I need to look at if I wanted to unlock the sliders in the character creation? I know it's been done for PPD and I'm interested to see if it could work for immoral ward.
                              I would say that you need to debug the exe and investigate what values changes when you move a slider. When you have that settled you would need to change the behavior to the same as when moving, when the slider reaches the end.

Comment

Some months ago tomatopasta wanted to use the Cheat Engine for this purpose for Musu. But I dont know if he meant this one. Still you will need to be an expert in assembler to use it.

Comment

Working...
                                X