(Bullet) 3D Girl Custom Evolution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] (Bullet) 3D Girl Custom Evolution

This thread is a modding discussion of 3D Girl Custom Evolution.

Posting Rules
    - This thread is ONLY for discussion of mods.

Tools/Info
    Modding tools posted by warior

Links
    Mod releases
    Gameplay discussion and FAQ
    3D Girl Custom Evolution wiki
    Last edited by Inquisitor; 04-17-2014, 09:29 AM. Reason: Fix wiki link

I think a mod release thread is not really necessary, cause somewhere I read you can use the mods from the old costume girl 3d.

Comment

I'm just quoting some modding related posts from the discussion thread to make them easier to find:

Originally posted by Suriko View Post
      Cheers, that did the trick.

Things look good for modding. Everything's laid out reasonably sensibly, in standardised formats. If I could just get tsos to repack after extraction and editing without tsu2mqo spitting out an errror, everything'd be set. Time to tinker a bit more I guess.
      Originally posted by patho View Post
      its not just that. tbn files are scripts the engine executes. in old 3dcg that was mostly telling the game where to find files for an item, loading items and giving them buttons. in this they also handle things like what bgm to play in an area, the location of area transitions and probably the girls ai.

here take a look at what seems to be in there.

Spoiler

Spoiler

also there appear to be tbn files responsible for when you click somewhere during H and it changes contextually. if thats what its really saying then if we could edit or create these more complex .tbn files we could made H more like ag3.

its already quite close, it just needs something to loop h animations on click and to use the same script the game uses for the click and drag walk/dash but for changing positions. oh and to allow for clicking without changing position on its own.
      Originally posted by warior View Post
      The password is usually "custom"

attached mod tools

also here can be found unc exe and option to save and play game without japanese locale (or AppLocale) - http://lds718.egloos.com/3444417
      (TDGirl-104-unc-sav-exe.7z needs to change save path in user\Documents from [Bullet\3D少女カスタムエボリューション] to [Bullet\3DGirl])

use the tools included in BUC00002.zip and BUC00001.zip to convert 3DCG mods into 3DCGE mods. follow the instructions. the un-tah in BUC00001.zip can extract .tah OR .tdg since they are interchangeable.

place your finished ports in your arcs folder just like 3DCG. Not sure if the old tools to generate a TBN are needed or still work. all ofthe mods out right now just replace whats already in the game. There aren't .tbn files for every article of clothing. They may not be needed and things are loaded some other way or they may be consolidated all in one .tbn.

Could be wrong, but given these two things its likely we cant write even the simple .TBNs for adding new things to the customization menu right now.

p.s. to anyone who reads this, how did TDCG Explorer go about generating TBN files for 3DCG if it couldn't read them?
      after looking at it more in depth it doesnt seem like anything new can be added without having a tbn decompiler.

on the other hand lines in the tbns seem to point to multiple things by replacing some of the numbers in names with variables. maybe something can be done if you mirror the naming convention and just increase the digit. you would still have to edit the tbn eventually to accept a wider range of numbers. most of these only have one or two variables in their names.

much of the stock content can be found in _chara.tbn and _dress.tbn
      Originally posted by Lonesome View Post
      Originally posted by Hamger View Post
      I wonder if there a mod site like 3DCG? Hoping to catch me some futa mods.
      here you go. http://cdn.3dcustom.net/BUCuploader/upload.html
      Last edited by Inquisitor; 11-25-2013, 07:29 AM.

Comment

If anyone has any advice regarding TSO file repacking, I'm all ears. Extraction is fine, as is recompiling TDG files, but TSO files spit out an error every time I try to repack them. Currently attempting to tweak background textures, but that's the only stumbling block I've found.

Edit: This, to be particular, output by tso2mqo:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Suriko; 11-25-2013, 05:01 PM.

Comment

What? Only to work with Mqo files?
          That is bad, cause there no chance to work with bones.
          Hope there is an fbx converter, cause if not, than is modding the same shit like for CM3D.

Comment

Can you make 3DCGE files into . Tah?

Comment

i have a Japanese friend who is the creatior of BCU00002 aka evoconov who has said thay will be posting a tutorial on how to export mods from xp to evolution soon i give him a few days after that we should have more to go off of it will probably be just the basics but im sure the haxor in our blood will drive us forward
              check out my pixiv

my mods and translations

i do take requests and commissions so please don't hesitate to ask me i would be happy to make custom mods
              for you simple mods i can do for free anything advanced that needs alot of modeling work will need to be commissioned unless i like the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by MissPockySan View Post
                just use the new untah or rename tdg to tah and use the old untah.
                Originally posted by MissPockySan View Post
                yes with evo convert no problem. pretty straight forward.
                Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                I'm just quoting some modding related posts from the discussion thread to make them easier to find:
                posted the password and tool+instructions/website before warrior. just not the actual files. just to be fair.
                サイバー♡命運

PSO2 Ship 2 命運

Comment

Looks like that this game don't really need new mods, cause you can use the tonns of mods from the old Costume Girl 3D.
                  But I still hope that an modding tool will come out, where you also can work with FBX and not only with MQO.

Comment

Originally posted by FutaBoy View Post
                    Looks like that this game don't really need new mods, cause you can use the tonns of mods from the old Costume Girl 3D.
                    But I still hope that an modding tool will come out, where you also can work with FBX and not only with MQO.
                    if the pmd or mqo conversion tools were working we could get bones at least. pmd preserves weights and vertex groups as well and is acceptable. cant remember but couldnt the old game load .x format? the current mqo tools seem to be having problems with armature.

some of the aspects of old mods might not work. have you gotten custom scene/backgrounds to work? that might require tools that can edit or generate .tbn files as they are loaded through the tbn still. should be possible to create higher resolution versions of the maps as well but cant change where you enter or exit things.

to be honest those are the sort of mods that will make this game something thats great instead of just something that has potential. we may or may not ever see a decompiler though.

the old blender 2.49 tso import script might work wonders for the modeling process if it works with these new .tso files. does anyone know how to use blender? personally more familliar with c4d. newer blender is very close to c4d but 2.49 and before are absolutely alien.
                    Last edited by Meiun; 11-27-2013, 02:09 AM.
                    サイバー♡命運

PSO2 Ship 2 命運

Comment

Hmmm... that pmd format, can I use it in Maya?
                      Don't really like that Blender.

Comment

is there a slider-mod (ie less restrictions) for cg3d that i can use?

Comment

Originally posted by h821365 View Post
                          is there a slider-mod (ie less restrictions) for cg3d that i can use?
                          not if you want to remove sliders. what else would you use? that for SURE would require tbn editing. do you want to just make the sliders better?

to improve the sliders for a larger range of sizes/shapes change the morph targets for each slider. remember the way morph targets work is it takes two meshes and compares how close the vertices are in one to the other. you cannot make something totally unreasonable and if you change the geometry in one but not the other you wont get a clean result.

Hmmm... that pmd format, can I use it in Maya?
                          Don't really like that Blender.
                          not sure, see if you can find a pmx or pmd loader. feel the same about blender. newer is closer to maya or c4d but older is just archaic and clunky. there are pmd i/e scripts for blender and there should be for maya. have seen mmd modders use maya as their 3d package. ask one of the maya using pixiv modders/artists for 3dcg or mmd.

edit: yes, here is info on it and links to it and patches for it. http://d.hatena.ne.jp/hecomi/20130720/1374292423
                          Last edited by Meiun; 11-28-2013, 12:19 PM.
                          サイバー♡命運

PSO2 Ship 2 命運

Comment

Hmmmm... don't can read japanese and btw, where is that program where I can extract the 3d models?
                            But if its in japanese too than I can forget it.

Comment

Hmmmm... don't can read japanese and btw, where is that program where I can extract the 3d models?
                              But if its in japanese too than I can forget it.
                              here stereoarts.jp . also those are scripts to convert between pmd and fbx. you need to still need get tso2pmd and that IS in japanese. you'll find plenty of documentation for it and tutorials though. pretty this tool converts one way so not sure how you're going to get it back into the game.

this SHOULD result in a mesh with weights and bones but you may have to update some of the tso2pmd configuration files for the new game. pmd2fbx should be no problem once you have tso2pmd set up. not sure why youd go through all that work to convert the files though.

Stereoarts.jp PMD2FBX

here are the bleeding edge builds for tso2pmd & TDCGExplorer since a release version hasn't come out in well over a year.

alternatively you could just wait to see if someone makes a direct conversion tool. theres probably maya import/export scripts for pmd out there as well. couldn't find any though and know of none for tso.
                              Last edited by Meiun; 11-28-2013, 07:38 PM.
                              サイバー♡命運

PSO2 Ship 2 命運

Comment

Working...
                              X