(Illusion) Artificial Academy 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] (Illusion) Artificial Academy 2

This is the discussion of AA2 modding. Post not mod related general questions/discussion in the AA2 Discussion and FAQ!

WARNING: Repeated questions will not be tolerated and will be deleted without warning or notice. If your post "disappeared" it's not a reason to post again, but an indication that you should be extra careful in the future. Do not EVER post the same question twice!!

BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION
    1. Read the mod/patch release post
    2. Read the readme (might be integrated in the mod/patch or a separate file)
    3. Read the mod description in the Wizzard (shown on the right when you select the mod)
    4. Read the FAQ to see if your question was already answered
    5. Search this thread to see if your question was already answered
    6. Search the AA2 discussion and FAQ to see if your question was already answered
    7. Done it all already? Feel free to post your question!

Useful Links
    Click Show to view more...
    Spoiler
    Last edited by Inquisitor; 10-09-2014, 12:19 PM.

• I wouldn't say nearly 0. AAUnlimited is still active and the devs figured out a way to spawn and pose more than 3 characters. Although admittedly clothes mod situation is a little weak when it comes to this game.

Comment

• Can the AA2Decrypt program work fully through the console?
      When you write the command "AA2Decrypt_fix.exe jg2e00_00_00" the folder "jg2e00_00_00" is packed into the archive "jg2e00_00_00.pp".
      If you re-write this command, the file "jg2e00_00_00.bak0.pp" appears next to the file "jg2e00_00_00.pp".
      How to achieve the fact that after re-entering the command the old "jg2e00_00_00.pp" file was replaced with a new one?

Sorry for my English.

Comment

• When the contents of the folder is packed into a new file, the original file is renamed to *.bak0.pp to let the new file get the original name. If the *.bak0.pp is already present then the original would be renamed to *.bak1.pp, aso.

If you would use Sb3UGS then all that unpacking to folder and repacking is saved. You will have approximately half of the io for the same operation when saving a new file.

Comment

• I apologize, but this method is not good. I need only use AA2Decrypt. But if this is not possible, then I will leave this topic.

Comment

• Is there a rainbow skin mod...I would like to make characters based on World of warcraft...
            Schemer is too full of himself but yet so amusing~

Comment

• so i downloaded a few characters from online and they had bigger breasts on image and in aa2edit but not in the game... is it due to lack of a mod? if so then can someone tell wich one?

Comment

• I need help on a crash whenever I run AA2 on sub-mode the game crashes but when I talk to someone in non sub-mode the game doesn't crash my guess is because sub doesn't work with 3d rooms v16 but I'm not 100% sure... anyone knows a work around this or what issue is crashing my game in sub when i talk to anyone in game?

Comment

• Hey I'm new to modding this game, and I thought I'd work on a project.
                  I'm attempting to figure out how to add map locations, to expand the entire map.
                  I'm looking through the game files in an attempt to comprehend how the game works with maps.
                  I know that the game uses a 2d background and 3d objects for depth in the .xx files.
                  and .lst files seem to be variables.

I think I can fix aim translation Biggs as well.
                  I noticed when some one askes a character to meet them somewhere i get a jumbled mess.
                  I'll keep posted on that.

any advice on maps though?

Comment

• in Play data/:
                    jg2p08_00_00.pp:
                    *.bmp: 2D Backgrounds
                    *.xx: 3D lowpoly rooms. Lowpolys walk over these transparent meshes

jg2p01_00_00.pp:
                    MAP*.lst: Map connections

There are others but this should give you an idea. Some quick guide from a japanese image board.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	1420646374779.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	505.3 KB
ID:	5899079

Click image for larger version

Name:	1420909699525.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	346.1 KB
ID:	5899080

Comment

• update to the map mod

i made some new files, played with some values and when i click on the placeholder button for the arcade the game freezes and crashes. any ideas?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xfd8bt...A2_map_mod.zip

Comment

• Does that game use IK for H animations? If so, is it possible to export those instead of baked animations?

Comment

• Normal skeletal bone animation was used for all animations in AA2.

You could still use those animations and apply them to characters of other games but you need to make yourself familiar with animation retargeting in your 3d editor.

Comment

• Yeah I am able to retarget them, however I am not sure how do i get the 通常ループ, 揺らぎループ1 and 揺らぎループ2 to work together seamlessly? how does the game switch between the animations which do not align perfectly in sb3u?

Comment

• Too long ago. But I think the game dropped some of the customization of the characters by using certain skeletons and combined just the animations for the three heights and widths of characters.

Comment

• Yeah it has 9 different .xa per animation for each body build combination
                                But inside of those .xa's there are different tracks which look like different variants of the same loop, but they just don't transition between each other correctly. Perhaps they don't connect to the end of each loop but rather in the middle, i have to look into that

Comment

Working...
                                X