This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] (Illusion) Play Club

Please discuss modding Play Club (PC) here.

==[ Modding tools ]=======================

==[ Useful Links ]=======================
    Last edited by Inquisitor; 08-05-2015, 08:35 AM. Reason: Fix thread links

• Well, I tried importing my finished FBX to MAX after exporting it.

This doesn't look right:

Any ideas on why this happens?

Maybe because I'm converting bones to dummies when importing the original SB3U FBX output?

I don't know if these weird squares are the culprit, but when I try to import my meshes from said weird FBX, they come out really high:

Tried them ingame, they're indeed floating at the ceiling. They move though, so the skinning is, well, working, more or less...

I checked the bone transform for the meshes after importing them, and the scale was wrong. It said 2 instead of 1 like in every other mesh. I set it to 1 and now the meshes are positioned right. So my guess is that there's something wrong in either my import or my export settings, maybe in the units section which defines the scale.

Can someone who has imported and weighted successfully into MAX post his FBX import/export settings?
    Last edited by roy12; 05-17-2015, 08:20 PM.
    My blog, you can find my mods there too.

Comment

• why am I getting "Index was outside the bounds of the array." when trying to replace a texture with Assets > Replace?

Comment

• Originally posted by roy12 View Post
        Well, I tried importing my finished FBX to MAX after exporting it.
        This doesn't look right...
        My guess is those squares are the joints. They appear big because body mesh is relatively small. You've got to change the joint size display setting in Max to have them display nicely. I never use the software so I can't tell you where it is.

If you see your mesh position incorrectly in SB3UGS, you'll definitely get wrong mesh position in game. So you've got to try to make it looks right in SB3UGS first. If you succeed making it looks right in SB3UGS but not getting a good result in game, then you've encountered an incorrect weight issue.

One thing to note about skinning is that the current SB3UGS is not 100% in 'animation' part according to enimaroah. So even if you do everything right you might not get a correct result in game. The safe way to go right now is to copy weight form another costume. You can find more info about that in bdpq's tutorial thread.

Comment

• i completed your translation 100% ... may i upload it(translation.txt)?
          Last edited by Inquisitor; 05-17-2015, 10:39 PM. Reason: Moved from mod release thread. :/

Comment

• Originally posted by nneezz View Post
            The safe way to go right now is to copy weight form another costume. You can find more info about that in bdpq's tutorial thread.
            I know, and I've had another mesh work with that method. But for the model I made yesterday this isn't very reliable since I need some more precision (I need to include the weights of the top section of the body on some vertices of the bottom section of my model and remove some weights from some meshes).

I'll keep playing with the scale when importing/exporting, I might get it right. Else I'll just wait.

EDIT: Got it. If you import with the automatic box in scale settings checked, then you must export with centimeters (it will say scale 2.xx, ignore that). Then the meshes will import with the correct scale in SB3U, tested ingame, they work just fine. So yeah, skinning in 3DS Max and Maya should be okay.

Also tested importing with Centimeters so that it says scale 1, then exporting with Inches so that it still says scale 1. It seems to work as well.
            Last edited by roy12; 05-17-2015, 10:07 PM.

Comment

I know, and I've had another mesh work with that method. But for the model I made yesterday this isn't very reliable since I need some more precision (I need to include the weights of the top section of the body on some vertices of the bottom section of my model and remove some weights from some meshes).

I'll keep playing with the scale when importing/exporting, I might get it right. Else I'll just wait.

EDIT: Got it. If you import with the automatic box in scale settings checked, then you must export with centimeters (it will say scale 2.xx, ignore that). Then the meshes will import with the correct scale in SB3U, tested ingame, they work just fine. So yeah, skinning in 3DS Max and Maya should be okay.

Also tested importing with Centimeters so that it says scale 1, then exporting with Inches so that it still says scale 1. It seems to work as well.
              That means we can reskin the mesh in 3dmax? so amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by qkeq View Post
                That means we can reskin the mesh in 3dmax? so amazing.
                Yeah. Here's a crappy attempt at Takeda Hiromitsu's style:

Pretty sure those who know how to handle weighting in Max can do better. I weighted the lower part of the black "laces" to use the nipple bones so that it scales along with breast size and such, with that it looks a bit more natural since it should be stretching depending on the breasts size. Also made the top hearts not deform horribly when you use any of the nipple sliders by making them only use the last nipple bone.

There's still lots of clipping with the laces, a redesign might be in order, but at least now I know we can work on weighting with an outside tool.

Comment

Yeah. Here's a crappy attempt at Takeda Hiromitsu's style:

Pretty sure those who know how to handle weighting in Max can do better. I weighted the lower part of the black "laces" to use the nipple bones so that it scales along with breast size and such, with that it looks a bit more natural since it should be stretching depending on the breasts size. Also made the top hearts not deform horribly when you use any of the nipple sliders by making them only use the last nipple bone.

There's still lots of clipping with the laces, a redesign might be in order, but at least now I know we can work on weighting with an outside tool.

Roy12 those mods look AMAZING! Sorry I am out of town so I can't really get on and try enimaroah's new method, I have been wanting to reskin the base body for the longest time. The upper thigh always looked wrong to me...

Btw, I like the laced underwear a lot as well, would you release it? Great work indeed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuchisake otoko View Post
                    Where did you get that outfit =D i whant it ^^

Its a costume from Vindictus, Arisha exclusive (image below). I didnt know you can port costumes out like that from Vindictus(Source) to Unity. If this is possible, many sexy opportunities are in the horizon...

Spoiler

Comment

Ah damn, I don't have Maya installed. What version should I use (or rather, what version do you use without problems)?.

By the way, how do you handle bump maps in the game? Or rather, converting from a Tangent Normal Map to a Bump Map? I did it in a very hacky way the last time, I want to do it properly this time.
                      It is really great that you found out how to work with 3DS Max! I added a link to your post in the FP.
                      But to answer your question, I dont work much with textures. I usually keep them as they come.

Originally posted by senz View Post
                      You need to set bone affect limit to 4 in 3ds max
                      Maya has the same ability to limit the maximum number of influences. But there are operations where this limit is disregarded, and you end up with more weights in some vertices. I dont know if 3DSMax has the same problem.

Unity seems to have some setting for the maximum number of weights per vertex.

Originally posted by DillDoe View Post
                      is it possible to replace a texture with one of a different size?

trying to replace a 1024x512 tga with a 1024x1024 tga but it just gets corrupted.
                      Sb3UGS uses a directx function to find out the resolution and a change should work. Is it wrong in the game or even directly after replacement in Sb3UGS's preview of the texture?

Originally posted by DillDoe View Post
                      why am I getting "Index was outside the bounds of the array." when trying to replace a texture with Assets > Replace?
                      Why I am getting incomplete information? Please, which file, which texture, which format. I dont have the second sight!
                      Did you try to replace the texture from within the Texture editor inside of an opened Animator?

Comment

• Originally posted by bdpq View Post
                        Btw, I like the laced underwear a lot as well, would you release it? Great work indeed!
                        The underwear probably comes from one of the mods in the release topic. Probably from the high heels combined with normal feet in http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...70#post3669770.

Now I'm gonna try to remodel the thing so that it looks better when skinned. It's nice having something besides Bethesda games to mod outfits in.

I still wonder how these bump maps work though.

Comment

• Is there a Mod with a wider range of heights? I wanna play out a Peter Pan Tinkerbell kinda thing.

Listed Here:
                          http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...79#post3666179

Comment

• Originally posted by enimaroah View Post

Sb3UGS uses a directx function to find out the resolution and a change should work. Is it wrong in the game or even directly after replacement in Sb3UGS's preview of the texture?

Why I am getting incomplete information? Please, which file, which texture, which format. I dont have the second sight!
                            Did you try to replace the texture from within the Texture editor inside of an opened Animator?

ok, seems like for some outfits, sb3u won't change the base texture.

Example the swimsuit (FemaleCos_08.unity3d). I export the base texture, cf_t_cosT_08_d_00, which for some reason exports as a flipped .tga not .dds

Now no matter what I do (save as tga, dds 1, dds 5, etc..) it won't replace it, gives "Index was outside of bounds of the array." and just corrupts the image in the file. So everytime I click on that image it gives that error and sb3u refuse to display it.

At first I thought it was how I save, but I tried replacing the tga that I exported from sb3u and gives the same error.

I tried to replace the texture with the texture editor and it does replace with no error, but won't work in game (see pic). (which was my first question about different image size) This is replacing it with the same tga I exported. Same results with dds1 or dds5 save of the same file with generated mipmap. It looks & works in SB3U render, but not in game.

The pantsuit does the same (FemaleCos_13.unity3d) and I assume some others too.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by DillDoe; 05-18-2015, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DillDoe View Post
                              I tried to replace the texture with the texture editor and it does replace with no error, but won't work in game (see pic).
                              I had strange stuff happen to me too once.

Turns out every time you replace textures, they come in with the wrap flag set to 1, which means not projected to the UV.

Set it to 0 and the texture should work:

Comment

• Sb3UGS exports every texture in the format it is stored in. (Unity has much more formats than Sb3UGS supports).

Replacing from the file menu
                                • if a texture with the same name exists, then the new texture must come in the same format and resolution. Only image data is replaced.
                                • if the new texture has a unique name, then it is inserted with default values and in the format it has in the file.

Replace in the Texture editor replaces image data and format. It also tries to find out if mipmaps were included or not, like the second case above.

cf_t_cosT_08_d_00 seems to have mipmaps and they also seem to be exported, but I have no plugin for Gimp which allows to store TGAs with mipmaps. Therefore the file is smaller. And the mipmap flag is unset when replaced. If the game has a problem with a texture without mipmap then bad luck. In this case you should use a brand new texture (name) and try DXT1 or DXT5 with mipmaps.

When you get an error from Sb3UGS, then you should check your TGA. Dont save it compressed!

Originally posted by roy12 View Post
                                I had strange stuff happen to me too once.

Turns out every time you replace textures, they come in with the wrap flag set to 1, which means not projected to the UV.

Set it to 0 and the texture should work:
                                Spoiler

The version I just released changes this default setting of Wrap, because it seems to be the rarer case.

Now that I checked the first case, this seems to be nonsense to just replace the image data and leave the original format and resolution. I will change that in a future version.
                                Last edited by enimaroah; 05-18-2015, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X