This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] (KISS) Custom Maid 3D 2

This is the modding discussion of Custom Maid 3D 2 (CM3D2).

==[ Modding tools ]=======================

==[ Useful Links ]=======================
    Last edited by Inquisitor; 08-10-2015, 08:19 AM. Reason: Update mod releases link

Originally posted by csid View Post
    Oh my god
    Is it not possible to fix CM3D2Tool? Or you just need more time?
    I can wait it...
    Well, for starters i don't even know why it breaks, besides i prefer the above method, since its easier to just plop a file down there, i'll try but don't quote me on it being fixable.
    On the other hand, above method should also allow for a little programming magic to also get rid of the .tex files, and use the .pngs directly
    Signature Space Critical, You can find most of my links and stuff Here now.
    CM3D2: Loaders | Translation | Signboard | Body-Writing
    SBPR: Loaders

CM3D2 HF Patch (v120.0)
    CM3D2.ToolKit - Pre Release

Comment

Originally posted by FutaBoy View Post
      Is there a way to use SB3UGS?
      I don't like and can't work with other tools.
      Uhmmm... how to open an *.model file?
      Actually there isn't a way to open them. It is a format created by KISS, even if it's pretty similar to FBX.

Usagirei was able to export meshes from these files, I think he is waiting for the official tools to see how they are handling the format to see if there's an easy way to implement a new conversion tool.
      CM3D Tools: VAC Manager v0.5a - NEI Manager v0.3 - Skills Converter v0.2
      CM3D Mods: English Translation R8 - Ultimate Uncensor R7 - Futa Collection R2
      CM3D2 Mods: English UI R4.2 - Female Uncensor R4

Comment

Originally posted by Menelol View Post
        Well I don't know much about shaders, I just know more or less how they work and what they do, but I'm not able to create one myself. Can you upload your transparent shader? There are a few reports about a problem with my uncensor, and I think the problem may be the demosaic. Your method looks better! I wanna update my uncensor mod including your method
        So I think I have managed to remove the mosaic. I used a bit of a sloppy method primarily because I was having issues injecting the edited file back into "resources.assets" without it corrupting either resources (crashes or hangs the program) or the shader itself (mosaic area show up as the typical alpha pink). Basically what I did was simply edit some lines and replacing text with spaces in order to maintain the same file size. I'm using Unity Assets Explorer v1.5 (latest) Link Here.

CM3D2_Mosaic.shader.txt

In case anybody wants to try this out just open resources.assets using UAE ("Open Assets-file"), search for "CM3D2_Mosaic.shader", right click and choose to "Extract this file". This should then create a new folder called resources.

Then rename the attached file (remove .txt) and then replace the existing .shader file with this one. Back in UAE, right click again and choose "import this file from original-format".

Finally "Save as Assets-file", obviously I recommend not saving over the original "resources.assets".

4rtie mentioned removing the file, but in all .assets editing programs I've tried, either nothing happens or the file gets corrupted. Either way in case he doesn't chime in with a more elegant method, here is mine.
        Last edited by crypticmelon; 07-26-2015, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by usagirei View Post
          Plan B Works (i think, need to test further), but its not thaaaaat pretty, it has a few advantages, and a few disadvantages

Pros:
          * No need to repack the arcs, because there are no more arcs
          * Able to drop *new* stuff in the data dirs

Cons:
          * Slower Cold-Boot of the game (First start after launching the exe)
          * First Setup is slow as fuck

How to:

* Use CM3D2Tool to extract ALL your arc files (yes, its slow, yes, its big, have at least 8gb free space before doing this)
          * Move away the old arc files to somewhere else (Like GameData_Original), leaving only the extracted directories
          * Replace your assembly-csharp with the one provided in this post (x64 only for now)
          This works. Most of the dialogue is in the script\daily folder and can easily be edited.
          http://i.imgur.com/jOTRH1T.png

an example from my m_op_0001 for syntax [SF] will replace the text with the player's name

*L2|
          ;@talk name=叔父
          @talk name=Uncle
          ;遠いところありがとうね、[SF]くん。
          Thank you for coming so far on such short notice [SF].
          @hitret
          Last edited by loverollin; 07-26-2015, 11:55 AM.

Comment

This is taking me more time than i want to admit: http://i.imgur.com/8GXNbPa.png

Working-ish translation plugin, as of now i'm just replacing everything with 'w'

on a side not, it also works for the scripts, with the only drawback being: since the game shows one character at a time, the translation wouldn't occur until the whole line was in place

EDIT: http://i.imgur.com/RNbNwAE.png
            Last edited by usagirei; 07-26-2015, 01:10 PM.

CM3D2 HF Patch (v120.0)

Comment

Originally posted by loverollin View Post
              This works. Most of the dialogue is in the script\daily folder and can easily be edited.
              http://i.imgur.com/jOTRH1T.png

an example from my m_op_0001 for syntax [SF] will replace the text with the player's name

*L2|
              ;@talk name=叔父
              @talk name=Uncle
              ;遠いところありがとうね、[SF]くん。
              Thank you for coming so far on such short notice [SF].
              @hitret
              We have a google spreadsheet and a patcher ready to do the heavy load: http://i.imgur.com/sMLYfH4.png
              When i finish the patcher prepwork i'll be releasing it, alongside the Plugin Module with the Translation Plugin
              Whoever wants to help, PM me or Menelol, we can add you to the spreadsheet

CM3D2 HF Patch (v120.0)

Comment

Did you only pull the talk lines, or did you also pull the text lines for that? I found that the text lines display on the conversation choices, did a batch of them and it works ingame(I edited the .ks files).

http://i.imgur.com/P61A0yh.png

And yes, my maids are all going to be vocaloids, just wish they had all the personalities from the first game already in this one...Meiko would go good with sadistic...
                Last edited by rebelgamer; 07-26-2015, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bdsqlsz View Post
                  when i export it ,it with alpha channel ,i dont need more action about conversion。
                  it is tga files with complete alpha channel
                  just
                  1、export
                  2、translation
                  3、inport

i think it is better than other tools。
                  How do you export alpha channel in SB3UT ?

I do it like this:
                  Open sharedassets1.assets
                  on lower window click img and then find image i want. Then i click it and then export via menu bit higher.

But it doesn't give me alpha channel just plain TGA without transparency...

edit:

Also how do you import it back into sharedassetsx.assets file ?
                  I use save unity from that window above. Do i need something else ? Because my game crashed after initial load when i switch sharedassets/assets file with patched imgs...

Comment

Originally posted by rebelgamer View Post
                    Did you only pull the talk lines, or did you also pull the text lines for that? I found that the text lines display on the conversation choices, did a batch of them and it works ingame(I edited the .ks files).

http://i.imgur.com/P61A0yh.png

And yes, my maids are all going to be vocaloids, just wish they had all the personalities from the first game already in this one...Meiko would go good with sadistic...
                    I have Exported Everything containing @choiceSet and @talk, but i have some good(?) news too

While finishing the Translation Plugin, i noticed if you set text speed to max, its also usable to translating dialog strings, with little to no overhead, since Dictionary<K,V> is hashed
                    would add a bit of memory overhead, and easier than patching the ks files

More Screenies: http://i.imgur.com/oCESrwV.png

CM3D2 HF Patch (v120.0)

Comment

Originally posted by Menelol View Post
                      Well I don't know much about shaders, I just know more or less how they work and what they do, but I'm not able to create one myself. Can you upload your transparent shader? There are a few reports about a problem with my uncensor, and I think the problem may be the demosaic. Your method looks better! I wanna update my uncensor mod including your method

About the skins, well all the skins are stored inside texture.arc and texture2.arc, the ones inside the sharedassets aren't used at all.
                      The asset pack comes with the transparant shader, u can copy it from that and simply replace it.
                      I've uploaded mine so you can check it out and try it (and others who are ballsy) but it's really not that interesting.

Sucks about the texture stuff though.

Comment

Nice, I'll have to take your word on how it works, haven't touched code in over a decade when I went over to the hardware side of things(high energy RF).

I have a good start on the choiceset lines, those were the ones I was editing. I'm still not sure if the ones in the motion folder are used though, I haven't seen it in game yet(spend more time in the files than ingame...).

Go ahead and put me on the access list for it, after work tomorrow I'll add the ones I've gotten done so far. My plan is after the choiceset lines are done, I'm going to start on the cool personality files. Your way is probably easier than what I dealt with on CM3D, editing the .ks files, then sending them to Inquisitor to put in the patch. Every update I had to recheck to make sure no changes were made to the edited files, it was such a pain, and a good part of why I stopped at 1.35, it just ate up too much time.

I must say it is fun getting your maid drunk though, that is a nice touch...

Comment

Originally posted by 4rtie View Post
                          The asset pack comes with the transparant shader, u can copy it from that and simply replace it.
                          What program are you using to inject the new shader after editing? From what I've seen injecting both smaller and larger .shader files breaks either the resources file or the shaders themselves.

I had to stop it from applying the shader to the surface.

Comment

Originally posted by crypticmelon View Post
                            What program are you using to inject the new shader after editing? From what I've seen injecting both smaller and larger .shader files breaks either the resources file or the shaders themselves.

I had to stop it from applying the shader to the surface.
                            I have multiple programs but Unity Asset Editor might be the easiest if ur new to editing unity files and works fine with replacing images for translations and shaders.

Comment

Very glad to see work is being done in the UI. So many volunteers! xD Depending on the game, I've not always had great luck with Unity Asset Editor. Some UI elements and sometimes text also do not show up in the assets pack file...
                              Last edited by Anthemoessa; 07-26-2015, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthemoessa View Post
                                xD Depending on the game, I've not always had great luck with Unity Asset Editor. Some UI elements and sometimes text do not show up in the assets pack file...
                                Yeah. I've tried it while trying to inject files into assets. Either it crashes or it creates corrupted .assets files (at least according to the game, as Unity Assets Explorer and/or Disunity can still read them).

For this I've used Unity Assets Explorer for text (shader) files and SB3UGS for texture2d files. The former sometimes cannot read the asset file correctly (so then it injects files incorrectly).

Comment

Working...
                                X