This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] (KISS) Custom Maid 3D 2

This is the modding discussion of Custom Maid 3D 2 (CM3D2).

==[ Modding tools ]=======================

==[ Useful Links ]=======================
    Last edited by Inquisitor; 08-10-2015, 08:19 AM. Reason: Update mod releases link

Originally posted by crypticmelon View Post
    Yeah. I've tried it while trying to inject files into assets. Either it crashes or it creates corrupted .assets files (at least according to the game, as Unity Assets Explorer and/or Disunity can still read them).

For this I've used Unity Assets Explorer for text (shader) files and SB3UGS for texture2d files. The former sometimes cannot read the asset file correctly (so then it injects files incorrectly).
    I've replaced a bunch of stuff, everything works fine so far.
    The most important thing on doing these things is to make sure it's the same filetype.
    For shaders/text, it's usually some UTF8 (with or without BOM) encoding that supports certain characters and for textures/UI images u gotta make sure it's the correct dds format (there are like 10 of them).
    If this is off, the game will most likely not start after a loading screen no matter what program you use to inject the files.

Try to figure out what filetype you're editing and make sure you save it as exactly that, it's VERY important.

Comment

I had success importing modified AtlasSceneEdit.dds with this setting applied, the file size matches exactly.

Edit: Also yes the game did run fine afterwards.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Anthemoessa; 07-26-2015, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Perkel View Post
        How do you export alpha channel in SB3UT ?

I do it like this:
        Open sharedassets1.assets
        on lower window click img and then find image i want. Then i click it and then export via menu bit higher.

But it doesn't give me alpha channel just plain TGA without transparency...

edit:

Also how do you import it back into sharedassetsx.assets file ?
        I use save unity from that window above. Do i need something else ? Because my game crashed after initial load when i switch sharedassets/assets file with patched imgs...
        which SB3UGS version did you use?
        i use 1.0.14,just export,its TGA has alpha channel。just use PS open it,and choose alpha channel。
        when i need to import,just use SB3UGS too,no more skill to say。

i had used SB3UGS to translate another unity game,it is finished and perfect to do that。

when i use SB3UGS to inport,it is successful。but Menelol's PNG package had not alpha channel,so it has no transparency。

and ,i release a TGA with alpha channel you can compare。

MEGA

Comment

Originally posted by bdsqlsz View Post
          when i use SB3UGS to inport,it is successful。but Menelol's PNG package had not alpha channel,so it has no transparency。
          thanks. I just didn't notice alpha channel in photoshop for some reason.
          Second question.

How do you import stuff into .asset files ?

I mean i use SB3UGS but there isn't option to "import". only export and replace file.
          Replace file works very weird. I need to first click on thing i need to replace then hit replace file then i need to click "mark for coppying" or "reload" then new file shows up then i delete old one and then i click "save unity"

i put this into game and game crashes on initial load after R18 and use in japan only.
          How do you import stuff so it won't crash ? I think someone said file needs to have same file size. If yes then how you achieve that ?

Comment

For Photoshop .tga transparency problem

Save the image as png and use png to tga converter
            like this one: http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-tga

Comment

Originally posted by Calithia View Post
              So first of all don't run exe file in the Sweetfx folder.
              Now let me explain this a little bit
              CM3D2.exe - 32bit exe file of game
              CM3D2x64.exe - 64bit exe file of game
              This game uses Direct3D11 as user baff said.
              So basically if you want to use 32bit exe file of the game you rename ReShade32.dll to dxgi.dll, if you want to use 64bit file of the game rename ReShade64.dll to dxgi.dll.
              Also keep in mind which version of windows(7/8/whatever) you're using, it's recommended to use 64bit file on 64bit systems.

This game is supposed to look like that after you use sweetfx, you can mess up with settings in the sweetfx folder.
              Wow, thank you so much for explain everything to me. You're the BEST!

Comment

but Menelol's PNG package had not alpha channel,so it has no transparency。

What, I'm pretty sure my package had transparency. When yesterday I started to translate the lines, I based to it, and in PS every file had transparency. Maybe there's something wrong with PS...?
                CM3D Tools: VAC Manager v0.5a - NEI Manager v0.3 - Skills Converter v0.2
                CM3D Mods: English Translation R8 - Ultimate Uncensor R7 - Futa Collection R2
                CM3D2 Mods: English UI R4.2 - Female Uncensor R4

Comment

thanks. I just didn't notice alpha channel in photoshop for some reason.
                  Second question.

How do you import stuff into .asset files ?

I mean i use SB3UGS but there isn't option to "import". only export and replace file.
                  Replace file works very weird. I need to first click on thing i need to replace then hit replace file then i need to click "mark for coppying" or "reload" then new file shows up then i delete old one and then i click "save unity"

i put this into game and game crashes on initial load after R18 and use in japan only.
                  How do you import stuff so it won't crash ? I think someone said file needs to have same file size. If yes then how you achieve that ?
                  i use replace file,just choose a original file in list and replace files。。。
                  then save unity3d(ctrl+s)
                  i dont need to click "mark for coppying" or "reload" then new file shows up then i delete old one

i mean that replace the original you need to
                  keep new file and original file at the same name and format。

if new file(i mean i translated file) had another name,SB3UGS will add it not replace。
                  if you rename original name or remove it,game will crash。

just choose original file and replace with same name ,game will run as usual。

Comment

Originally posted by Menelol View Post
                    What, I'm pretty sure my package had transparency. When yesterday I started to translate the lines, I based to it, and in PS every file had transparency. Maybe there's something wrong with PS...?
                    i dont know why,but when i use PS open PNG,it has not alpha channel,i use SB3UGS to export a same TGA to open,it has。

maybe zip problem or PNG format problem?i dont know。。。

Comment

i dont know why,but when i use PS open PNG,it has not alpha channel,i use SB3UGS to export a same TGA to open,it has。

maybe zip problem or PNG format problem?i dont know。。。
                      PNG doesn't need exclusive alpha channel in Photoshop

However TGA file does need exclusive alpha channel
                      but alpha channel method doesn't work for cs6 or higher version

As I mentioned above, save it as png and use converter to make tga with transparency

Comment

Originally posted by usagirei View Post
                        We have a google spreadsheet and a patcher ready to do the heavy load: http://i.imgur.com/sMLYfH4.png
                        When i finish the patcher prepwork i'll be releasing it, alongside the Plugin Module with the Translation Plugin
                        Whoever wants to help, PM me or Menelol, we can add you to the spreadsheet
                        Is non English native speaker welcomed. LOL?
                        English is 2nd and Japanese is 3rd language.

Comment

Originally posted by yudonniku View Post
                          PNG doesn't need exclusive alpha channel in Photoshop

However TGA file does need exclusive alpha channel
                          but alpha channel method doesn't work for cs6 or higher version

As I mentioned above, save it as png and use converter to make tga with transparency
                          thank you for answering!i am not very good at PS。
                          how can you solve that TGA files alpha channel has more Japanese characters than PNG?
                          even if use converter to make tga with transparency,it lost many characters。

Comment

if new file(i mean i translated file) had another name,SB3UGS will add it not replace。
                            if you rename original name or remove it,game will crash。

just choose original file and replace with same name ,game will run as usual。
                            ok now i get it. Gonna try that.

edit. Ok i game doesn't crash anymore but game doesn't use new file at all.

here is TGA i redone and here is screenshot of what it looks like:

i save file i copy my sharedassets3.assets into game folder and overwrite original sharedasstets3.assets I start up game and nothing is translated.

Are you sure you don't need to do something with original file ? Why game should load new file ?

Comment

ok now i get it. Gonna try that.

edit. Ok i game doesn't crash anymore but game doesn't use new file at all.

here is TGA i redone and here is screenshot of what it looks like:

i save file i copy my sharedassets3.assets into game folder and overwrite original sharedasstets3.assets I start up game and nothing is translated.

Are you sure you don't need to do something with original file ? Why game should load new file ?
                              why you have two same name files?
                              if i replace it,it just one file,just replace original flie。
                              no more or no less,then just save unity3d。
                              Last edited by bdsqlsz; 07-27-2015, 02:45 AM.

Comment

pre

after

Comment

Working...
                                X