Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Illusion) Artificial Girl 3 (Open for business)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] (Illusion) Artificial Girl 3 (Open for business)

ITT - Discussion about AG3 mods. Go!

Links
    Last edited by Inquisitor; 01-10-2012, 09:36 AM. Reason: Add texturing/3D modeling links

Asleep at the wheel

• Anyone have any idea how one could go about say.. removing a limb? I've been considering doing a Baiken mod, and I'm sort of a sucker for trying to make the missing limb accurate instead of doing a cheap alternative, like a wooden arm texture or something. Just deleting the limb or loading in a 'blank' mesh crashes the game and I'm guessing that crumpling the mesh into a stump would lead to some strange animation issues (Vibrating Stump Syndrome?).

Comment

• Originally posted by OsirisReborn View Post
      I hope your able to make more progress than I did. I can tell you where I stopped, and the reason why. May be of help.

Rather long so I'll put in a spoiler.

Spoiler
      I mixed the girls object tree with the guys, but if you do this, you'll see just how complex the girls structure is, compared to the guys.
      i.e : The guys clothes and hair are all part of his .xx file.
      The girls clothes and hair head and body are all separate .xx files. with separate .xa animation files.

So I suggest the hair is good place to start. Less work. Replace the guys hair (meshes) AND mod the object tree structure with the hair meshes and structures.
      I don't recall if I made the hair in a new frame, or part of the guys head frame.

It is easiest to create a girl in make, with the hair you want for the guy, save her. Extract the hair meshes for that girls' .pp file. Open the guy meshes and these hair meshes in meta and get things looking right. Then import the hair meshes in SB3 Utility. Again, you need to mod the guys object tree for the hair.
      Then try to link the hair animation (from the hair .xa file) to the guy's .xa file. That, I could not do.

My guess is that the code in the game calls the guys .xa file for animation to do with him. The code never adresses the hair .xa files regarding the guy. Just a guess though.

I feel it's easier to work with the least difficult task first, so not much time is wasted if you hit big time road blocks.

Also, you can export the animations, and get them in 3dsmax, mod them and get them back in the game, but I didn't take it any further than that. I am no programmer, no clue how to trigger any new animations.

Most of the mods I have tried are complex like this (for me anyways), and most have ended abruptly, due to lack of programming skills.

If you try it out and have questions, I'll answer anything I'm able to.

Good luck
      You must not confuse animation and physics. AG3 has a rather powerfull physics engine... though few will recognise it as this.
      Head animation, eye animation, hair animation, partly the breast animation, partly the ass animation... have one thing in common, they react on the user/environment input in real time. The real time animation behaviour is calculated by the game's physics engine. Which is why this will never work for the male character, unless the program is rewritten to treat the male character like the girls (I suppose that was not done, because a) the male character does not need sophisticated animation of breast, ass, hair... and b) not wasting cpu resources by the male character).
      Illusion could easily implement the same things for the guy as was done for the girls... though they saw no need to do this yet.
      So my understanding is, there is no hair animation in the xa-files. I wonder where you found it.

Comment

• @j1327,
        Sb3 Utility, open js3_00_02_00.pp

select the .xa tab.
        select the a01_01.xa entry.
        Those are the hair animations.
        Each hair mesh (front, side, back) has a animation.

Edit : er, forget that. Apparently it only works when exported, and then only partially. Plus I got .xa name wrong.
        Definately other files come into play that don't show up in my 3D ap. (Like you mentioned, to do with the engine).
        Last edited by OsirisReborn; 03-10-2008, 10:51 AM. Reason: update

Comment

• Originally posted by OsirisReborn View Post
          @j1327,
          Sb3 Utility, open js3_00_02_00.pp

select the .xa tab.
          select the a01_01.xa entry.
          Those are the hair animations.
          Each hair mesh (front, side, back) has a animation.
          Do you use SB3U? Because I cannot find any kami animation sets inside it. There seems to be facial expression stuff, though I admit, I did not yet check if it is part of maybe kao (face). Do you have a more detailed description? ^^

Comment

• Originally posted by J1327 View Post
            Do you use SB3U? Because I cannot find any kami animation sets inside it. There seems to be facial expression stuff, though I admit, I did not yet check if it is part of maybe kao (face). Do you have a more detailed description? ^^
            Yeah, sorry about that, and anyone else I confused. Is why I edited my previous post. The hair files all have a .kys file. Which may need to be examined to figure this out. Probably generated by whatever tool illusion uses when exporting from their 3d/anim prog.
            While I got the female body, head, hair & anims into 3ds max, I found no hair anims. Sorry about that.

And I'll add, when I edited the guys tree, I renamed the frames for the girls hair (o01_N_kami..etc..) to that of the guys (s01_N_kami), which may be why the anims didn't carry over, among other reasons.

Comment

• My gut feeling tells me that these files are some sort of collission meshes (bounding boxes). That way the hair can be constraint in physical movement. Though I could not figure out what the .kys file data actually means.
              I doubt the engine does per vertex collision detection, that would be far too cpu demanding. I guess there low poly collission meshes bound to the hair bones.
              But I cannot quite figure out how the data is to be interpreted.

there are "øD" "-B" pattern, seperators, but thats already all I can parse/identify from just looking at the hex data ­

Comment

• Trouble using Ag3 Decrypt

Ok, not sure what I am doing wrong as I have had tons of luck with the other games and how to install them with all the mods.

However this is the first time I ever tried to use Ag3Decrypt or something similar, and I am having trouble despite the instructions being easy. My main problem is with the step that says to drag the .pp file into the program.

After I do that, it says I should get a folder named after that .pp file, however the folder never shows up ? How long am I supposed to wait to see if it got created ? I have waited for 20 mins and nothing.

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate, and I already installed the game and put it into an english directory and everything, I am barely trying to install the mods so that I can play.

I have decided to start with Wurlox's english interface mod, but so far I cant get ag3 decrypt to work, I looked through the threads to see if there was something I did wrong, but there is no answer to this. Anyone that can help me ?

Comment

• maybe you are looking in the wrong folder, when you drag the .pp onto the decrypt.exe, it creates the folder in the directory where the .pp is, not where the exe is... ._.;;

Comment

• not sure then, in the instructions for wurlox's interface mod, it says to take the decrypt.exe into the data folder for AG3, so both the decrypt.exe, and the .pp file are inside the data folder of AG3, and it hasnt created anything.

basically I have it like this c:\program files/illusion/Ag3/data/ "this is where I have both the .pp file and the decrypt.exe, should i take the decrypt out of there ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cassara View Post
                      Anyone have any idea how one could go about say.. removing a limb? I've been considering doing a Baiken mod, and I'm sort of a sucker for trying to make the missing limb accurate instead of doing a cheap alternative, like a wooden arm texture or something. Just deleting the limb or loading in a 'blank' mesh crashes the game and I'm guessing that crumpling the mesh into a stump would lead to some strange animation issues (Vibrating Stump Syndrome?).
                      What you may want to try instead of deleting a part of the mesh, which yea, will screw things up as you found out, is take that part you wanted to delete and scale it to a very small size.

Don't know if this is full proof or anything, but I did do something similar in Rapelay to get rid of Yuuko's jewlery and that worked out just fine.

The key issue is to let the game engine still think the mesh is still there, so as to not cause it to freak out and crash.

Good luck.

"Your inability to make it work does not make it broken." -- kuropon
                      >>>SB3 English Interface Mods<<<

Comment

• @Cassara:
                        Spoiler
                        Originally posted by Cassara View Post
                        Anyone have any idea how one could go about say.. removing a limb? I've been considering doing a Baiken mod, and I'm sort of a sucker for trying to make the missing limb accurate instead of doing a cheap alternative, like a wooden arm texture or something. Just deleting the limb or loading in a 'blank' mesh crashes the game and I'm guessing that crumpling the mesh into a stump would lead to some strange animation issues (Vibrating Stump Syndrome?).
                        Also, If you were deleting the meshes in Metaseq (killing the verts; saving, then replacing), try going into the girl's .pp file and deleting the entire .mqo (with SB3Util) called teR_01 (or "L", i forgot which arm shes missing...baiken cripple fetish...neato hehe) and delete UdeL_01 (or R)...

This is done by highlighting the .mqo from the mesh tab and clicking "remove"...if you were doing it this way and it was crashing the game, then wurlox's idea is what you need to do.

That ought to update the object tree, then when you save your .pp. Extract the existing meshes like udeL_01's elbow or hakada's shoulder and edit them to cleanness.

This happend to me when i was editing m_cos .pp files and when you want something (a mesh) gone... its best to just click "remove" or it crashes SB3U or the game. I think it has to do with the object tree and what it thinks its loading.

Here are some pics of random little projects I cant focus on at the moment...(cant focus on just one at the time; I keep switching)

wurlox sent this death dildo mesh ported from Poser (I think?)... so it will get jammed up a cooch/bottom in a cos...Its UV'ed, textured and triangulated...ready to be worked with.

Right to Left ; (1)The UV's for the DD, (2)Textured and rendered (3) Illusion's vibrator from the game edited *completed the faces basically*

lol...project dildo...

Here is a another addition to the white room which is being meshed...gonna put somethin kinked out in the little pink room...dunno what yet. I exported an entire girl (body, head hair and all) and made it into a mqo w/three objects and 8 materials. I just need a way either to add simple bones so I can pose her (ANY POINTERS!!? HELP?), then have her sit as a static object in the room. The only way I could think of animating her would be to duplicate and edit the parrot (in the rich "I" room) and edit its positions; so that there would be an .xa file to work with. Right now this is beta as hell. Had lots of fun making simple picture frames though....

The next thing to go in would be probably a white tiger skin rug...tiger mqo would probably be needed (dont wanna make it flat, until I know there isnt a cool mesh already out)...maybe some Gothic looking furniture, and a Otaku figurine display case...too many ideas....
                        Last edited by SFOHollandMGO; 03-13-2008, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rythan View Post
                          not sure then, in the instructions for wurlox's interface mod, it says to take the decrypt.exe into the data folder for AG3, so both the decrypt.exe, and the .pp file are inside the data folder of AG3, and it hasnt created anything.

basically I have it like this c:\program files/illusion/Ag3/data/ "this is where I have both the .pp file and the decrypt.exe, should i take the decrypt out of there ?
                          well i'm not sure what goes wrong then.. make some screenshots:
                          - of the folder
                          - of the decrypter running (choose a big .pp file)
                          - of the folder after decrypting

do you have the .Net framework installed (it usually gives you an error if you don't, but maybe it doesn't for you)

Comment

• "人工少女3改造画像掲示板" changed to following URL.
                            http://uppervolta.80code.com/mod-bbs/js3/

Because the load of CGI was high, "3Dエロ画像うぷろだ" was abolished.
                            I made "3D(エロ)ゲーム画像貼り付けBBS" for substitution.
                            http://uppervolta.atnifty.com/3d-bbs/

My best regards.
                            Last edited by chuou; 03-15-2008, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Parser for .js3krs

Here's a parser for .js3krs files. Now it's up to you to figure out what all those numbers mean. I couldn't get the .js3ors files to load, so I can't figure out the format. You can remove all the .js3ors files, and the game won't crash.

Instructions
                              Drag-n-drop one or more files or directories:
                              - ".js3krs" files to create ".js3krs.txt" files
                              - ".js3krs.txt" files to create ".js3krs" files

When using ".js3krs.txt" files, it'll only create bytes for lines with:
                              FLOAT=
                              INT=
                              LOOP_LENGTH=
                              BYTE=0x
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Alamar View Post
                                Here's a parser for .js3krs files. Now it's up to you to figure out what all those numbers mean. FLOAT=
                                INT=
                                LOOP_LENGTH=
                                BYTE=0x
                                Alamar.
                                By opening a *_99_99.xx mesh in Meta, and comparing xyz co-ords to it's parsed *.js3krs file, I can confirm that this file holds the numerical entries of the xyz co-ords of the meshes.
                                UPDATE
                                Only free standing meshes (not walls or floors). The stone tablets in the white room, the table in the guys room etc).
                                The file is broken up into 3 parts.
                                The first part contains 1 entry for each point of a meshs' triangle. The Y scale is ignored in most cases).

Here is an entry for 1 point of a 3 point mesh (triangle). The bottom 2 numbers represent the physical location of the point.
                                [7]
                                0x009e: FLOAT=-38.87216 *x scale
                                0x00a2: FLOAT=0
                                0x00a6: FLOAT=-186.2536 *z scale
                                0x00aa: BYTE=0x00
                                0x00ab: BYTE=0x00
                                0x00ac: FLOAT=-40.63992 *x scale
                                0x00b0: FLOAT=-184.4859 *z scale

The second part has a entry for each point and how it relates to every other point. Is there or is there not a connection.

And the third entry relates to the distance between related points.
                                The top two numbers in the first entry are needed for this.

Anyways, if anyone is crazy enough to try this...
                                0. Export the mh03_99_99.xx file in Sb3Utility.
                                1. Load the mesh wa00_O_00_00.mqo from mh03_99_99.xx in Meta.
                                2. Parse the mh03_99_99.js3krs file.
                                3. Select a point in meta and find it in the .js3krs.txt file, based on it's x/z scale. (I documented the whiteroom in the attached pic).
                                4. Move the point in meta, and type in the changes to the .js3krs.txt file.
                                (2 entries for each point as seen above. And the top 2 number seem to be offset a %, I dunno.)
                                I made this changes and nothing changed in game because...

5. You have to change the numbers for all points that relate to the point you moved. Those are the top 2 numbers defined in the first part of the file. The changes have to entered in the third part of the file.
                                6. You have to not suck at math like I do

I'm still working on part 5, so we will see.
                                UPDATE
                                Well, it's way too complicated for me. Some of the changes make sense, but in other places I have no idea how the numbers relate to each other.
                                And considering you can delete the file without any thing changing in the game, ? Just adds to the confusion. I put up some caps of the location in game, as that's probably as far as I can get.
                                ----------------------------------------------------------
                                I can't imagine many people ever modding rooms this way lol.

Whether it works or not, A big thanks to you for helping get location mods a step further

I wonder though, if it would be possible to have SB3Utility update the .krs file when a modified mesh is imported (replace method) ?

I'm guessing the .js3ors file handles the walls and floors in a similar way.

If anyone is still interested in this, re-read it while looking at the pic.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by OsirisReborn; 03-15-2008, 04:07 AM. Reason: Update

Comment

Working...
                                X