This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Translation] (Illusion) Artificial Girl 3

This is a translation thread, NOT a tech support thread. If you have problems, go here.

For end-users, you need to download two things:
    - Illusion Subtitle Overlay Mod by ScumSuckingPig. It's an attachment at the bottom of the post. The subtitle mod goes in your "[AG3 install dir]\".
    - Download roguefiend's subtitles.txt for the latest version. The subtitles.txt file can go in either "[AG3 install dir]\" or "[AG3 install dir]\data\subs\".

Other notes:
    - If the subtitles.txt file is in the same directory as the subtitle mod, that takes precedence over "\data\subs"
    - You can configure the subtitle mod like the font by editing the AG3Overlay.cfg file. You can also configure it to use multiple subtitle files
    - There are few tips in this post

The SVN server is likely down for good.
    Spoiler
    The subtitles are a work in progress and are not complete. Some voice types don't have many translations.
    The latest subtitles are now hosted at svn://svn.dev.hongfire.com/repositories/ag3subs Yes, they moved. Instructions to relocate are here.

If you're new to SVN:
    - Download and install TortoiseSVN (or any other SVN client, but the following instructions are specific to TortoiseSVN)
    - Create a new "subs" folder in your game's "data" folder ("[AG3 install dir]\data\subs\"). Make sure it's empty
    - Right-click on the "subs" folder and select "SVN Checkout..."
    - Under "URL of repository", put svn://svn.dev.hongfire.com/repositories/ag3subs
    - Click "OK", and it'll start downloading
    - Whenever you want to update your subtitles.txt file, right-click on the "subs" folder and select "SVN Update"
    For translators/editors:
    - If you want a SVN account, send me a PM with your desired login/pass, and I'll reply once your account is created. You'll need one if you want to commit updates, or you can send your changes to someone who already has an account. You don't need one if you're only going to download the subtitles
    - To make changes, just edit the files. To commit your changes to the SVN repository, right-click on the "subs" folder and select "SVN Commit..."

Before Single Subtitles File
    Spoiler

Subtitle Mod by ScumSuckingPig

AG3+ Subtitle Mod v1.5.3 (for expansion, based on Hentaijin's v4.2) Mediafire Sendspace
    AG3+ Subtitle Mod v1.5.3 Source Mediafire Sendspace
    AG3+ Subtitle Mod v1.5.3 Debug2 (bin+src) Mediafire Sendspace
    - Get subtitle files (\[type]\*.wav.txt) from the SVN server. They need to be in your "[AG3 install dir]\data\subs\" folder to show in the game
    - The Debug version only shows which file is expected when a girl says something. Use this if no subtitles show to determine if you have the correct path set up
    - The Debug2 version shows the filename along with the subs when they are displayed. The Debug2+Log version also logs them to "[AG3 install dir]\data\subs.txt". They won't show/log anything if the .wav.txt file doesn't exist
    - Run the Font Editor and drag-n-drop the subtitle mod .exe file to edit its font properties. The Font Editor requires .NET 3.5 Framework. The alpha for text color doesn't really work as expected because it's solid black underneath from the outline render
    - There are no longer restrictions on file size, number of lines, or line length. Long lines are word-wrapped. Each subtitle "line" is prefixed with the girl's folder name, since the first/last names aren't easily accessible. Subs are displayed in order of when they're first displayed, instead of girl number. Subs with overlapping timecodes will show at the same time

*.wav.txt File Format
    Spoiler
    - When a .wav is played for a girl's dialog, the game will display text from the corresponding .txt file
    - If there isn't a .txt file for the .wav, it just won't display anything for that .wav file
    - The line format is "[start_time in ms] [end_time in ms] [text]". For example, "1000 3000 stuff" will display "stuff" for 2 seconds with a 1-second delay
    - Not having the space separators can cause a nearly infinite loop or crash the game
    - All timecodes are from when the .wav file starts playing
    - You can have multiple lines. For example:
    "0 3000 stuff1"
    "3000 6000 stuff2"
    will display "stuff1" for 3 seconds with no delay and then "stuff2" for 3 seconds afterwards
    How to unpack the .wav files
    Unpack "js3_##_05_##.pp" using AG3 Decrypt to extract all the .wav files

Pre-SVN & non-expansion stuff
    Spoiler
    AG3 Subtitle Mod v0.9.0 (non-expansion) Get it here

AG3 Dialog Compilation by bloodforge
    AG3 Dialog Compilation (outdated)
    This was made with the merger program using the following profile:
    (dialog) [AG3]subs_v_003.zip
    (dialog) [AG3] Sub-Titles: Addresses Kuropon version
    (timing) Hentaijin's Final Timings
    Read the .txt file from the merger program to understand how the compilation was made (like how the timings were chosen).

AG3 Dialog Merger (bin+src) AG3DialogMerger_v1.0.rar
    AG3 Dialog Merger (non-expansion base.txt) v1.1 AG3DialogMerger_base_v1.1.rar (filenames with "no dialog" prefixes are removed)
    *This is only to help make compilations and isn't necessary to run the subtitle mod*
    Since all of the lists of subs is a nightmare to organize, I made a program to help merge them. Read the included .txt file for more info. Requires .NET Framework v2.0 or later. Get the latest "base.txt" and replace the one in the merger program.

There are a few different things you can do for this project:
    - translate / make Japanese scripts (I recommend starting with ?rak_*.wav, the common non-h responses)
    - timing
    - identify specific files with/without dialog (c-type done)
    - identify when the files are played

The following is a list of which files contain which voice type:
    js3_00_05_00.pp: c-type
    js3_00_05_01.pp: k-type
    js3_00_05_02.pp: n-type
    js3_00_05_03.pp: t-type
    js3_00_05_04.pp: u-type
    js3_00_05_05.pp: v-type
    js3_00_05_07.pp: m-type

The following are file prefixes with/without dialog for c-type. The other voice types are probably the same. There are a few specific files in the "Has dialog" list that don't actually have any dialog. Translations for certain files might be the same for all voice types.
    Spoiler
    Has dialog
    caks_
    cdkw_
    cf#_
    ch#_
    cha_
    chf_
    chhh_
    chhs_
    chk_
    chmi_
    chmr_
    chp_
    chq_
    cish_
    ckai_
    ckaw_
    cmap_
    cmch_
    crak_
    csdt_
    csys_
    cta_
    ctf_
    cthh_
    cthn_
    cths_
    ctk_
    ctmi_
    ctmr_
    ctp_
    ctq_
    czmi_

No dialog
    cae_
    cak_
    cas_
    cdk_
    cds_
    cfr_
    ckk_
    cm_
    cnk_
    csn_
    css_
    czc_
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alamar; 05-03-2012, 02:13 PM.

• Originally posted by zyrexia
    If you just upload the zip file as thumbnail in the go advanced settings i can pick it up that way thanks.
    I'm surprised that worked.
    Attached Files
    Visit OysterMug's "real-life" outfits library:

Click Here!

Comment

• Ill take a peek, I randomly reinstalled AG3 today. This was something I was considering doing for a long time, rewriting the subtitles to better suit English grammar, though I would leave the references to Japanese culture alone, would I have done it. Spelling / Grammar mistakes drive me absolutely crazy. I know, beggars can't be choosers... I'm interested to give these subs a try.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that someone was trying to translate the last of it after the mistranslated 100%, but that was a long time ago now, I'm guessing it's as done as it'll ever be.
      Last edited by Oxymorphone; 10-29-2015, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• I have what I think is the latest subtitle file, but there's a large amount of sentences that aren't showing up. The only thing I can think of would be the fact that whenever I start the game, it keeps telling me that im using version 0.7 of the subtitle mod, even though I have (numerous times) tried to apply the 1.0 version. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Comment

• there is a lag but i want a fix with i want the sub with it

Comment

Working...
          X