This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Support] (Illusion) Artificial Girl 3

So that the other threads can be used for more constructive posts, we've decided to create a support thread. In this thread you can post your questions/feedback about the various mods out there and hope the creator pays attention. If not, perhaps one of the other friendly people out there will come to your aid.
    Please be as descriptive as possible with your problem. Just posting "I can't get it to work" isn't going to get you a favorable response. If your post is super long because of the problem description, give a brief headline description, and put the bulk of your post inside some SPOILER tags.

Asleep at the wheel

• Originally posted by wurlox View Post
    Gonna have to use a different pic hoster bub...try ImageVenue, as they allow adult pics.
    My mistake...
    Should work now

I should add that in both cases I follow exactly the same procedure. Only defference is that in first case the girl file is being modded and it works. For some strange reason it fails when I modify base js3_00_02_00 file. Have no idea what to do with it...

One more thing. Renderer in SB3Utility shows it smooth:
    Spoiler
    Last edited by jQuayle; 08-20-2008, 07:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jQuayle View Post
      My mistake...
      Should work now

I should add that in both cases I follow exactly the same procedure. Only defference is that in first case the girl file is being modded and it works. For some strange reason it fails when I modify base js3_00_02_00 file. Have no idea what to do with it...

One more thing. Renderer in SB3Utility shows it smooth:
      Spoiler
      You could check the RGBA Settings on the Material tab in SB3Utility. Maybe there are different settings used.
      HF-Modding/Translation Club Member

Comment

• Originally posted by darkhound View Post
        You could check the RGBA Settings on the Material tab in SB3Utility. Maybe there are different settings used.
        No, all these objects use the same material. I also checked hex values for mesh objects and I'm pretty sure they are all set to their original values. Actually only thing I changed is the mesh: I moved and added some vertices.

Like I said, the weird thing is that everything looks fine when I apply my mod to any girl's pp file. My problem appears only when I try to apply the same mod to js3_00_02_00 using exactly the same procedure as in first case.

Since no one else reported this kind of problem, I guess I must have screwed something up, just don't know what.

EDIT:
        After some further experiments I believe that game (AG3_Make) treats "a01_O_hadaka_01" mesh in a special way. I'll try to explain what I mean in my poor English

I noticed (accidentally, to be honest) that when you change the number of vertices in a01_O_hadaka_01 weird things happen (see screen below):

In the picture above you can see the result of my experiment: I added one new vertex to hadaka mesh, then applied modified mesh to js3_00_02_00. As you can see there is black area around the vertex I added. I guess it's because there's no UV for new vertex but I checked the UV mapping and I'm sure it's ok. I believe, that AG3_Make doesn't load UV from the modded mesh. Instead it loads original UV (maybe it's hardcoded or stored in other file?). As long as you don't change the number of vertices in hadaka, AG3_make will load mesh without any problems and you won't even notice anything. It's just my hypothesis but I'd be grateful if someone could verify this.

Furthermore, if my hypothesis is correct, it's also possible that normals for hadaka are loaded in the same way, which would explain my previous problem with normals (earlier I didn't change number of vertices, but significantly changed shape of body, so the difference between normals calculated by SB3Utility and loaded by AG3_Make became easy to notice).

Above observations don't apply to changes made in file of already created girl. Only for girls newly created in AG3_Make.
        (Hope I put it clearly enough for you to understand).

Does it make any sense? Or am I totally wrong? Could someone who has better understanding of game structure verify this?

EDIT 2:
        I think that was it. I removed hadaka_01 mesh, added exact copy instead under different name and now all mesh objects are smooth. I only hope it won't crash the game.

For now problem solved.
        Last edited by jQuayle; 08-20-2008, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halitsu View Post
          I can't seem to make the subs work. I used the svn proporly. I made a folder named "subs" in my data folder and it did it's thing. When I open the debug client it shows up with a name everytime the girls speak which to me means the subs should be working. One thing I think may be the problem is the Font Editor. I don't understand how it works. When I drag the main executable file onto it and it opens. I change the values, save and it reverts to 0's when I recheck. Someone please explain to me how the sub mod works..... I also haven't managed to make illusion wizard work but that's another issue.

EDIT: please use screenshots if you can...
          if worse comes to worse,> svn didnt work for me, everytime i right clicked a file (any file) windows would crash with svn installed. so i had to uninstall svn. do this> down load the latest> " ag3subs-20080816.R41.tar.bz2" from http://static.dev.hongfire.com/svn/repos/ag3subs/ rename ur current sub folder to subs1, or what ever,(something different than subs) and copy the downloaded subs file into ur AI3/data folder and use the correct subtitle .exe "AG3_Play.subtitle_v1.5.3.debug2+log.exe" or "AG3_Play.subtitle_v1.5.3.exe" and it should work...works for me. Make sure the subtitle .exe is in ur AI3 folder. if u click it out of the box, (like i did) of course it wont work. it will start the game, but the subs wont work.
          Last edited by boneeed; 08-21-2008, 12:35 AM.
          If you think humans built the pyramids..think again!

Comment

• I have a problem with the subtitle mod 1.5.3
            I put the sub folder in the data folder, when I use the this launcher and play the game, it has this error about "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error" can someone tell me on how to solve this problem?

Also..the location icons were white xD

Comment

• Originally posted by jingjong12 View Post
              I have a problem with the subtitle mod 1.5.3
              I put the sub folder in the data folder, when I use the this launcher and play the game, it has this error about "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error" can someone tell me on how to solve this problem?

It could be 1 of 3 diffrent things that i can think of from the info you gave us

1. Wrong version of game look in the Data folder for a file called Version.dat

Open it with wordpad and see if it says 1.50

2. You have a Bad install

This happens when you use different mods and they don't install the right way

3. Computer problem

Work that out for your self
              Last edited by madman71; 08-22-2008, 09:20 AM. Reason: HO HUM!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jingjong12 View Post
                I have a problem with the subtitle mod 1.5.3

install .net framework 3.5

Comment

• am I right here..?

"Hey". I'm not sure if I'm right here for posting a question but I'll just give it a try... I don't know how to get subs into the game.
                  I've downloaded a SVN client, got the subs folder (including the svn-downloaded files), put it into the right folder (data). So...what now..? I read through the first post quite a few times but it's pretty confusing (might be because I'm not english) and to me it sounds like that's all i have to do. Which obviously isn't the case. I'd appreciate some help, even if it doesn't belong here.
                  Thanks for your work and for any helpful reply in advance. (If i need to download something, links would be nice so I don't get the wrong thing)
                  I do NOT use the expansion yet.

Comment

• Subs folder has to be at "data\subs". You also have to be running one of the modified executables linked to in the first post. For the non-expansion version, it's hidden in the second spoiler tag. You may have to move all the txt files up a level to work with the pre-expansion exe.
                    Last edited by ScumSuckingPig; 08-22-2008, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScumSuckingPig View Post
                      Subs folder has to be at "data\subs". You also have to be running one of the modified executables linked to in the first post. For the non-expansion version, it's hidden in the second spoiler tag. You may have to move all the txt files up a level to work with the pre-expansion exe.
                      Alright, I've tried the old one out and it seems like there are 0 translation, not even for the simple things. So.. I tried it out with the new subs folder and as expected, nothing at all appears. Assuming I get the expansion soon, will I only have to download "AG3+ Subtitle Mod v1.5.3 (for expansion, based on Hentaijin's v4.2)" and that's it? Thanks for your help.
                      Edit: Nice, forget what I said. I tried the new .exe and it works even though I don't have the expansion. Only thing I don't like is that it says
                      the file name on top instead of persons name. Thanks a lot.
                      Last edited by dontdothis; 08-22-2008, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Subs folder has to be at "data\subs". You also have to be running one of the modified executables linked to in the first post. For the non-expansion version, it's hidden in the second spoiler tag. You may have to move all the txt files up a level to work with the pre-expansion exe.
                        It is slightly more complicated. The old subs folder had files like this:
                        data\subs\caks_001.wav.txt while the new one has a subfolder for each type and the first letter of the filename has been removed, so
                        data\subs\c\aks_001.wav.txt
                        If you want to move files up one level you need to rename them all to contain this letter that is now in the folder name.

Originally posted by dontdothis View Post
                        Edit: Nice, forget what I said. I tried the new .exe and it works even though I don't have the expansion. Only thing I don't like is that it says
                        the file name on top instead of persons name. Thanks a lot.
                        It's weird that it works at all but once you got the expansion it should definitely display the character's name. Or are you perhaps using the debug version of the exe?

Comment

• The expansion one shows the file name, too.

Originally posted by Alamar View Post
                          Each subtitle "line" is prefixed with the girl's folder name, since the first/last names aren't easily accessible. Subs are displayed in order of when they're first displayed, instead of girl number.
                          Most people probably give the files and the girls the same or similar names, but there are some restrictions on the file names it lets you use.
                          Last edited by ScumSuckingPig; 08-23-2008, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Just a quick question.

Is there any easy way to merge two mesh objects into one without loosing bone weights of one of the merged objects?

Comment

The expansion one shows the file name, too.

Most people probably give the files and the girls the same or similar names, but there are some restrictions on the file names it lets you use.
                              Ah, now I see.. Yes, I've given the files the girl's first name.. therefore I couldn't see what the problem was..

Comment

• Fro those of you having trouble with archtypal's trainer, you may need to install the srevice pack (SP1) for net framework 3.0.

Comment

Working...
                                X