This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Support] (Illusion) Artificial Girl 3

So that the other threads can be used for more constructive posts, we've decided to create a support thread. In this thread you can post your questions/feedback about the various mods out there and hope the creator pays attention. If not, perhaps one of the other friendly people out there will come to your aid.
    Please be as descriptive as possible with your problem. Just posting "I can't get it to work" isn't going to get you a favorable response. If your post is super long because of the problem description, give a brief headline description, and put the bulk of your post inside some SPOILER tags.

Asleep at the wheel

• Is there a JS3 wizzard tutorial for creating lst injection packages like Illusion Wizzard?

I've check the tutorial thread and couldn't find anything on it.

Comment

• I only load the character in make to see if it works. I don't save it in make.

Originally posted by DillDoe View Post
      >>killian

you just can't replace bmp with a tga to get transparency in sb3utility. You don't even have to replace the bmp to get transparency.

You have to edit the Diffuse RGBA in the Material section.

So you have to click the Material tab and go thru each material that uses that texture (or what you want transparent) and edit the Diffuse RGBA (on the right) with a value less than one.

example.
      Click on a01_M_karada_01 in the Material tab (in the center), this is the for the body.
      on the right in the Material tab, in Diffuse RGBA, you should have a '1 1 1 1' in the box, the last box is what makes it transparent. so set it to like 0.9 or less.
      Click apply and save. See how it looks in Make and repeat with the other material.
      Thanks for the help. Your suggestion worked. The thing is on ChengK's character has a solid head and uses alpha mask on his main body texture to achieve partial transparency.
      I loaded his up and found no numbers less than 1.
      there must be something i'm missing.

Comment

• Originally posted by killian the red View Post
        Thanks for the help. Your suggestion worked. The thing is on ChengK's character has a solid head and uses alpha mask on his main body texture to achieve partial transparency.
        I loaded his up and found no numbers less than 1.
        there must be something i'm missing.
        you can use tga to get transparency with all 1. (Can't believe I forgot this)
        in Material (on the right side) under Textures Used, the first box (this is your texture) set Byte 0 to 1 instead of 0
        The box below that is the shine/gloss map for the skin with byte 7 & 3

Comment

• Originally posted by DillDoe View Post
          you can use tga to get transparency with all 1. (Can't believe I forgot this)
          in Material (on the right side) under Textures Used, the first box (this is your texture) set Byte 0 to 1 instead of 0
          The box below that is the shine/gloss map for the skin with byte 7 & 3
          OK here's the deal. I loaded ChengK's original .pp file and changed the byte like you said and it indeed does have the effect intended. (when I changed it to 0 it lost it's transparency, changed it back and regained it)
          however when I changed it in my character 0 and 1 nothing changes. I tried a 2 there and the character is all white, so I knoe i'm actually changing something.
          I'm thinking maybe my texture is bad or doesn't have a proper alpha mask, but I'm using the same texture just extracted from the original character.
          Does sb3utility mess up tga textures upon extraction? I looked at the texture in photoshop and it looks like there's a proper alpha there but i'm not an expert in that program either.

Comment

• ok, let me tell you how to do this, you need to make a little change in the js01_01_00.lst that is in the js3_00_00_00.pp in your data directory, you only need to replace one of the skins in.bmp with a .tga
            for example:

1 0 js3_00_04_00.pp ab15_01_01.bmp ab15_01_02.bmp ab15_01_03.bmp ab15_01_04.bmp

to

1 0 js3_00_04_00.pp ab15_01_01.bmp ab15_01_02.bmp ab15_01_03.bmp ab15_01_05.tga

of course you need to inject this .tga in your js3_00_04_00.pp

this is the simplest way to make a translucid girl, belive me

Last edited by Hecatom; 10-08-2008, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• that did it.

It seems that the only way (that I've found at least) to make semi transparent tga's to appear correctly is to apply them in make.
              Thank you everyone for your help.

Comment

• its always a pleasure , now, i want to see your girl, im curious

Comment

• hi I'm new here, i tried to install http://www.hongfire.com/forum/attach...9&d=1218200434 this mod i got it works, but when i try to change the color the color just doesn't change. Could anyone help me out please

Comment

• Originally posted by tumzone View Post
                    hi I'm new here, i tried to install http://www.hongfire.com/forum/attach...9&d=1218200434 this mod i got it works, but when i try to change the color the color just doesn't change. Could anyone help me out please
                    The color of what??> the skin, the clothes, the piercings?
                    If you think humans built the pyramids..think again!

Comment

• Another newbie here...I've localized my computer to spec, I have the correct .net framework, and the only mods I've installed are wurlox/darkhound's Interface 1.1, and hentaijin's English translation 3.5. The character creator works as it should, the game starts up and begins to run as it should...but as soon as I enter the same area as ANY girl, premade or custom-made, the game immediately crashes to desktop. This is the third reinstall try, so re-installation isn't the answer. Thoughts?
                      Last edited by ZeroAlex; 10-12-2008, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZeroAlex View Post
                        Another newbie here...I've localized my computer to spec, I have the correct .net framework, and the only mods I've installed are wurlox/darkhound's Interface 1.1, and hentaijin's English translation 3.5. The character creator works as it should, the game starts up and begins to run as it should...but as soon as I enter the same area as ANY girl, premade or custom-made, the game immediately crashes to desktop. This is the third reinstall try, so re-installation isn't the answer. Thoughts?
                        If you click on [System Information] and the version reported is 1.50, you are running AG3+. Click the last button in my signature to download the correct launcher.

Comment

• @ScumSuckingPig or anyone else who might know

Everything about my game seems to be working well, except subtitles won't display.

OS is XP SP3 with DX9.0c.

Game is AG3+ using Hentaijin's Launcher 4.3 and ScumSuckingPig's Overlay 0.4.3 with ag3subs-20081013.R90.

Short of downloading SSP's source, I've exhausted all avenues I can think of with regard to searching these forums and experimenting on my own.

The game itself runs fine, and the sub overlay appears to be working also. I can call text to the screen using all CTRL-key combinations, time appears at bottom right, but when a girl speaks I get nada. CTRL-B reports: "Last 0 lines logged". The only way I can produce a log file is by going to Log Mode 5 and logging everything. The log file reports reads to character and costume *.pp files, as well as to the js3_##_##_##.pp files, but never a single sound file (it is supposed to, isn't it?).

Wild guess on my part, but I don't think the thing is intercepting a single sound. I have no idea what could be causing this, or how to fix it.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by WetNoodleMaster View Post
                            @ScumSuckingPig or anyone else who might know

Everything about my game seems to be working well, except subtitles won't display.
                            Made sure, your subtitles.txt is where SSP's mod is looking for it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hentaijin View Post
                              Made sure, your subtitles.txt is where SSP's mod is looking for it?
                              [AG3 Dir]\Data\subs

Also tried putting it in the AG3 root dir, to no effect.

Reloading with CTRL-R reports: "12976 lines loaded from data\subs\subtitles.txt (0 lines skipped)" followed by the percentage breakdown.

Comment

• WetNoodleMaster: The sound files are contained in the js3_0x_05_0x.pp files. I display the offsets being read just before I look up the sound file names from that, in case the code to get the sound file name is causing crashes. Output's for me to debug with rather than for end users. As long as you get reported reads those files, should be fine. Of course, you should be getting something in log more 4, too...hmm...

Just checked the latest version (Which I hadn't tried with AG3, been busy with Hako), and it works fine for me, so I didn't break anything obvious recently.

The only cases I can think of where you get the behavior you describe are:

1) pp files are corrupted or I can't read them for some other reason. Try using my PPExtractor to extract one of the pp's with sound files. If it works, this isn't the problem. My code does a little more file format validation that Hako does, apparently, and may do more than AG3 as well, so it may work with files I consider corrupted. You haven't modded any of the sound pp files, right?

2) I can't find the subtitles in memory and/or recognize the extension. Not sure how this would even be possible. What region are you running the game under?

Neither 1 nor 2 seems all that likely, but I just can't think of what else is going on. You aren't running Windows 9x/Me, right? The lines in the log file have non-0 numbers at the end, correct? Like this:
                                Code:
                                \Illusion\AG3\data\js3_00_05_00.pp	419248275
                                Edit: Try the attached version. It will log the names of the identified files in pp files to the log as well (In mode 5). If you don't get any additional lines, problem is I can't id the files, it you do, problem is ...erm...I'm not sure.
                                Last edited by ScumSuckingPig; 10-14-2008, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X