This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Support] (Illusion) Artificial Girl 3

So that the other threads can be used for more constructive posts, we've decided to create a support thread. In this thread you can post your questions/feedback about the various mods out there and hope the creator pays attention. If not, perhaps one of the other friendly people out there will come to your aid.
    Please be as descriptive as possible with your problem. Just posting "I can't get it to work" isn't going to get you a favorable response. If your post is super long because of the problem description, give a brief headline description, and put the bulk of your post inside some SPOILER tags.

Asleep at the wheel

• >>lensman
    looking at the .xx, it's a lighting issue, not a textural one.
    Not sure what version of SB3Utility you're using, but make sure you have 'Replace Normal' checked in Mqo options. Then replace the mesh with your mod. that should solve the smudging issue.

>>elfdrow
    you can simply add the full body suit to your bra section by copying the fullbody suit entry from js02_01_02.lst to js02_01_01.lst.
    then you can edit the mesh or just use a transparent tga.

Comment

• thanks for your help.

im not going to be able to anything close to decent (gonna be busy for a while) but ill try to put something together soon

well i got this up in the morning
      Spoiler

a bit rushed but ill have some subtextures to go with it by tomorrow i think

again thanks
      Last edited by elfdrow; 09-07-2009, 06:04 AM.

Comment

• Hello all,

I seem to have problems exporting and importing mqo meshes with SB3U (v0.7.21).

For example : I exported the 8 pleated skirt mqos (Metaseq format, World coordinates on), and directly imported them back without doing anything else. The pleated skirt should look exactly the same as before, but it does not (see pics).

For these pics I used default mqo import options, but I think I tried almost all import option combinations, with similar or worse results.

This looks like shadows are being reversed. I have searched a solution and found this : "in sb3utility, check the 'Replace Normals' in the Mqo Options in the Mesh tab" (Dilldoe).
        However, there is no such checkbox in my version of SB3U, and I tried various vertex options with no luck either.

Displaying vertex shows significant differences (on the "shadowed" locations) compared to the original pleated skirt...

So I wonder, is my version of SB3U wrong for the purpose of extracting mqo's (as many people seem to use v0.6.xx)? Or am I just not doing things right? What else could it be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

One last thing : the exported mqo's display just fine using Metaseq...
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DillDoe View Post
          >>lensman
          looking at the .xx, it's a lighting issue, not a textural one.
          Not sure what version of SB3Utility you're using, but make sure you have 'Replace Normal' checked in Mqo options. Then replace the mesh with your mod. that should solve the smudging issue.

Spoiler
          >>elfdrow
          you can simply add the full body suit to your bra section by copying the fullbody suit entry from js02_01_02.lst to js02_01_01.lst.
          then you can edit the mesh or just use a transparent tga.
          Thanks for the comment but I have tried both "Normals" on and off and some other options as well but the smudging still appears - noting the additional post below with a similar shadow problem - could they be related to the same error.

PS: I am using the latest SB3 utility.. I did try exporting and reloading an original mqo file in another XX file and did not get the same result ie it loaded back in OK unlike the poster below ???
          As always please give to all the HF and other modders out there..
          They make it easier for us all to join them on their thrones of knowledge.

for the girls and for the guys.
          Regards Colin

Comment

• Hello everyone

I've downloaded artificial Girl 3+ with some mods.

In there, I've experimented with the some given presamples of women.

I find it very annyoing that basicgirls have all the same size. However, I've seen that some of you have made own girls with different sizes. For example: HD6 G3T_HD. Amazing!

However, when I tried to use this girl as a model and recreate her, she automaticaly get the default size.

I chose "Create Character" --> "Load Existin" and chose HD6 G3T_HD. Boing, standart size. not the little smaller version like the original.

Now is there any (easy) way to create your own characters with different body sizes?

Comment

• Footware project: Progressing slowly but surely

I have been playing with a bent foot mesh that was supplied to me. I have put one of my samples on the bent foot and scaled it to fit both size and angles [great potential if I can just get her to uncrunch her toes - haha] but I now need to look at how to get the new foot mesh into the game and/or including the bone linkages.

Do I need to edit the girls original body/foot mesh as a whole to use the "Bent foot mesh with shoe" and therefore have all girls feet look the same or can the modified foot mesh be added to the clothing item ie shoes as a custom mesh ?? I have no idea yet as to how to do that and I am still scanning the tutorials for assistance there.

I am still learning how to use Metasequia to edit/add and generally clean up meshes and have attached a sample screen shot showing my progress to date - admitting its still a WIP..

Any assistance in directing me to the appropriate "laymans terms" tutorials would be greatly appreciated.

Spoiler

Click image for larger version

Name:	CJB_High_heel_scuff_2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	4814847

There are hundreds of high fashion shoes and boot images out there [I have already downloaded many] and am impatient to improve my mesh skills to be able to contribute further ie putting something back into this great community what I have been so far only taking out.
              Last edited by lensman11; 08-29-2009, 09:59 PM. Reason: Lost attachment link - corrected.

Regards Colin

Comment

• Hi!
                Simply do not know actually to whom else should I write. The problem seems to started appearing about a few weeks ago or so and is still lastig up until now, and is concluded in the following: whenever I'm going to download and charracter that is more or less I liked, I push the button ""Download character", and then the strange is coming up. Somewhere on the middle of the character downloading(or at the very and end) the downloading process accidently is being interrapted and downloading on that stage is being stopped. The funny thing that as a result the charracter itself is getting downloaded(at list I can behold it at "mcha" folder ), but it is not visible throughout "JS3_Make" editor And even if I'm trying to import it in "JS3_Make" editor by opening "*.js3cmi" file the charracters then is being imported badly(head-balded) And such kinda thing happens neary with every single charracter I'm willing to download sreen is here
                http://www.hongfire.com/forum/attach...1&d=1251611290

. Could someone hint what can be wrong with that?

Thanks upfront for any advise
                Last edited by duration; 08-29-2009, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lensman11 View Post
                  Thanks for the comment but I have tried both "Normals" on and off and some other options as well but the smudging still appears - noting the additional post below with a similar shadow problem - could they be related to the same error.

PS: I am using the latest SB3 utility.. I did try exporting and reloading an original mqo file in another XX file and did not get the same result ie it loaded back in OK unlike the poster below ???
                  Yeah, I couldn't fix it in the latest version either, still getting the hang of it.

BUT it works in version. v 0.6 pre 21 (see pics below)
                  first pic I just open your .xx
                  2nd one, I just extracted your mesh and replace it (using Normal) and smudges are gone.

For future references, this 'smudging' seems to appears when you have more (textured) faces than the original mesh. This one for example has 1 mesh for each shoe, BUT the AG3 version has 1 mesh for the outside of BOTH shoes and one for the inside.
                  So for this, you should have 4 meshes instead of 2.

>>Nada084
                  see pic 3 and what I said above

>>Talec
                  use Darkhound's Illusion Wizzard to change the girls size. Just create your character and then in Wizzard, chick the "Save Patcher" tab. Select your girl and click the "Change Girl Size" button
                  enter value less than 1 (ie. 0.9) for x, y, z to shrink the girl.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by DillDoe; 08-30-2009, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DillDoe View Post
                    Yeah, I couldn't fix it in the latest version either, still getting the hang of it.

BUT it works in version. v 0.6 pre 21 (see pics below)
                    first pic I just open your .xx
                    2nd one, I just extracted your mesh and replace it (using Normal) and smudges are gone.

Spoiler

For future references, this 'smudging' seems to appears when you have more (textured) faces than the original mesh. This one for example has 1 mesh for each shoe, BUT the AG3 version has 1 mesh for the outside of BOTH shoes and one for the inside.
                    So for this, you should have 4 meshes instead of 2.

>>Nada084
                    see pic 3 and what I said above

>>Talec
                    use Darkhound's Illusion Wizzard to change the girls size. Just create your character and then in Wizzard, chick the "Save Patcher" tab. Select your girl and click the "Change Girl Size" button
                    enter value less than 1 (ie. 0.9) for x, y, z to shrink the girl.
                    Spoiler

Just as an update - I have tried both more faces and less and even a raw export and import via Metasequoia with no changes with same results but did note that if I re-export the smudgy mesh AGAIN to Metasequoia the smudging is NOT there.. ???? This would seem to indicate a rendering or compatability issue between the 2 applications [SB3 V8.11 and V8.12 showed same smudging results] ... I may have to PM the utiliity writer - Alamar - regarding this ...

PS: I did try to run V0.6 Pre.21 but got a DirectX error..

Regards Colin

Comment

• Well, I found the solution to my issue. It consists in :

1- Using SB3U v0.06pre21 instead of recent versions
                      2- UNchecking the "Replace normals" option (when exporting and importing, but I don't know if it's of any help when exporting)
                      3- Importing meshes 1 by 1 (not a single file containing all meshes, but you can export as a single file)

Note : Although the "replace normals" option is back in version 0.8, I get the same shadow issue than in v.0.7.

Thank you Dilldoe for the hints!

Hope this helps, although I'm not sure lensman11's problem has anything to do with mine.
                      Last edited by Nada084; 08-31-2009, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nada084 View Post
                        Well, I found the solution to my issue. It consists in :

1- Using SB3U v0.06pre21 instead of recent versions
                        2- UNchecking the "Replace normals" option (when exporting and importing, but I don't know if it's of any help when exporting)
                        3- Importing meshes 1 by 1 (not a single file containing all meshes, but you can export as a single file)

Note : Although the "replace normals" option is back in version 0.8, I get the same shadow issue than in v.0.7.

Thank you Dilldoe for the hints!

Hope this helps, although I'm not sure lensman11's problem has anything to do with mine.
                        The problem you have is caused by the way normals are calculated when importing .mqo file.

In SB3U 7.x or 8.x when importing .mqo there are several options for normals calculation. In "Do calcuation" the default setting is most likely "Over entire workspace". Try changing this to "Over each root node" or, if this doesn't help, to "For each mesh object".
                        edit: it may be necessary to press the "Calc Normals" button.
                        This should also solve DillDoe's problem with smudges.

If that's what I'm thinking it is, this should help
                        Last edited by profundis; 08-31-2009, 07:42 AM.

[ School Mate 2: Uncensor | Clothes ] [ @HomeMate: Uncensor & Clothes ] [ Yuusha: Uncensor ]
                        [ AG3+: ExpandingPussy Uncensor ] [ Itazura/Ichazura: Uncensor & more ] [ Tech48: Uncensor ]

Comment

• Yes, in recent versions of SB3U (where you can toggle normals on), I clearly saw that the normals were messed up when importing...

I just tried following your instructions, but I still get the same result with strange normals orientation. Here are the import parameters I tested (SB3U v.0.8.12):
                          "Replacing options" : All Yes / All Yes except Replace Normals (No)
                          "Do calculation" : Over each root node / For each mesh object
                          "Do calculation" buttons pressed : Calc normals / Calc normals + Align vertices / None

I tried more combinations before, but none of them did provide a good looking result (until I switched to v.0.6pre21).

Note : All these tests are done with the pleated skirt meshes, since they are the ones I had problems with. I imported other meshes before with no particular issue, so maybe the pleated skirt is particularly difficult to deal with...

Thank you anyway profundis!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nada084 View Post
                            I just tried following your instructions, but I still get the same result with strange normals orientation. Here are the import parameters I tested (SB3U v.0.8.12):
                            "Replacing options" : All Yes / All Yes except Replace Normals (No)
                            "Do calculation" : Over each root node / For each mesh object
                            "Do calculation" buttons pressed : Calc normals / Calc normals + Align vertices / None
                            If you select "No" in "Replace normals", other normals settings don't even matter! You have to set "Replace normal" to "Yes".
                            I'm surprised you still have problems with latest SB3U

"Align vertices" is only useful when you see gaps between meshes after the import, it doesn't matter in this case.

Originally posted by Nada084 View Post
                            Note : All these tests are done with the pleated skirt meshes, since they are the ones I had problems with. I imported other meshes before with no particular issue, so maybe the pleated skirt is particularly difficult to deal with...
                            edit: Now, that I think of this, this may be indeed caused by the pleated skirt mesh itself. It's possible that the normals calculation algorithm tries to smooth sharp edges of the skirt (I hope you know what I mean, my English skills are limited, can't explain this better...).

I don't have AG3 installed currently. I can't test it. If you posted the .mqo file, I could try import it to AHM it with latest SB3U.

Originally posted by Nada084 View Post
                            Thank you anyway profundis!
                            Just trying to help...
                            Last edited by profundis; 09-01-2009, 04:39 AM.

[ School Mate 2: Uncensor | Clothes ] [ @HomeMate: Uncensor & Clothes ] [ Yuusha: Uncensor ]
                            [ AG3+: ExpandingPussy Uncensor ] [ Itazura/Ichazura: Uncensor & more ] [ Tech48: Uncensor ]

Comment

• Continuing the smudging problems...

Many thanks to each of the responders below including similar problem posters.. I still have the same issue as before..

To recap...
                              1/ An exported mesh [usually single file] out to Metaseq whether edited or not and re-imported back into the XX file via SB3 shows smudging of the raw mesh regardless of whether an applied texture is there or not !!!

2/ I am using the most recent version of SB3 [tried both 8.11 and 8.12].
                              3/ I have tried the most recent versions both shareware and free of Metaseq.

4/ If I re-export the smudged mesh back out of the XX via SB3 and into Metaseq again there is NO smudging evident.. This is very confusing..

5/ I also have tried several importing/replacing combinations of "Normals" etc - I have no real clue as to how I should be doing this just yet..

6/ If I do a complete replacement of any mesh [if major physical changes have been made] using SB3 I loose any bone linkages..

7/ I really do think a tutorial should be created [soon] to assist us noobies with how and where the bone information is created/stored and where it is editable if at all.

Regards Colin

Comment

• Originally posted by lensman11 View Post
                                Many thanks to each of the responders below including similar problem posters.. I still have the same issue as before..

To recap...
                                1/ An exported mesh [usually single file] out to Metaseq whether edited or not and re-imported back into the XX file via SB3 shows smudging of the raw mesh regardless of whether an applied texture is there or not !!!
                                Could you post an example of .mqo which gives you those smudges + screenshot of SB3U renderer after the import?

Originally posted by lensman11 View Post
                                2/ I am using the most recent version of SB3 [tried both 8.11 and 8.12].
                                SB3U 0.8.13 is out now. But I doubt it solves your problem, as it must have something to do with import settings.

3/ I have tried the most recent versions both shareware and free of Metaseq.
                                Not relevant...

4/ If I re-export the smudged mesh back out of the XX via SB3 and into Metaseq again there is NO smudging evident.. This is very confusing..

5/ I also have tried several importing/replacing combinations of "Normals" etc - I have no real clue as to how I should be doing this just yet..

6/ If I do a complete replacement of any mesh [if major physical changes have been made] using SB3 I loose any bone linkages..

7/ I really do think a tutorial should be created [soon] to assist us noobies with how and where the bone information is created/stored and where it is editable if at all.
                                Making a tutorial is not that easy...

Some general info about SB3U + Metasequoia import/export:

Metasequoia meshes (.mqo) don't contain bone information (neither normals, I think). That's why in Metasequoia you can edit only geometry. Bone weights and normals are recalculated in SB3U when you import meshes.

Normals are calculated to give you the impression of smooth mesh. If an object is split into many meshes (like girl's body in AG3) you should use "Over entire workspace" or "Over selected root nodes" option for normals calculation. Otherwise, there will be seams visible at edges of meshes. (Of course, you need to set "Replace Normals" to "Yes", otherwise those settings have no effect.)

Bone weights are automatically assigned as well. For each vertex of new (imported) mesh, SB3U finds the nearest vertex of original mesh and assigns its bone weights to the vertex of new mesh.

(If you really want to play with bones, you should export meshes to some other format than .mqo. I've only tried that with DirectX .x format, but it isn't really handy, I don't recommend that.)
                                Last edited by profundis; 09-01-2009, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X