This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Support] (Illusion) Artificial Girl 3

So that the other threads can be used for more constructive posts, we've decided to create a support thread. In this thread you can post your questions/feedback about the various mods out there and hope the creator pays attention. If not, perhaps one of the other friendly people out there will come to your aid.
    Please be as descriptive as possible with your problem. Just posting "I can't get it to work" isn't going to get you a favorable response. If your post is super long because of the problem description, give a brief headline description, and put the bulk of your post inside some SPOILER tags.

Asleep at the wheel

• Okay so Im new here, and Ill post some character mods later, after some one tells me how. Wow being a noob feels wierd. >.<

Anyway, I use the EroBody Mod because I like my girls with curves ;p, but the problem is there are some clothes I cant use because they arent fixed according to EroBody frames. And now when I try to re-save some of these really awesome mods, they either go back to a unmodded clothing file or I cant find the file at all. SO could some one make these clothes to work with EroBody.

http://img09.pics.livedoor.com/012/2...4368a36f-L.JPG (For this one if possible, can you also make an alt. version where the purple is Darkish blue instead.)
    http://img08.pics.livedoor.com/011/2...e266cf85-L.JPG (This one in both dark red and dark blue please)
    http://img07.pics.livedoor.com/010/e...ce0b29b7-L.JPG

*Gotten from the link from "StormWing"'s sig/

Comment

• Originally posted by unmei220 View Post
      Map Compilation v2.7 was released some days ago....

As usual, get it here....
      How do I get to these maps? =/

Comment

• Originally posted by lensman11 View Post
        Many thanks to each of the responders below including similar problem posters.. I still have the same issue as before..

To recap...
        1/ An exported mesh [usually single file] out to Metaseq whether edited or not and re-imported back into the XX file via SB3 shows smudging of the raw mesh regardless of whether an applied texture is there or not !!!

2/ I am using the most recent version of SB3 [tried both 8.11 and 8.12].
        3/ I have tried the most recent versions both shareware and free of Metaseq.

4/ If I re-export the smudged mesh back out of the XX via SB3 and into Metaseq again there is NO smudging evident.. This is very confusing..

5/ I also have tried several importing/replacing combinations of "Normals" etc - I have no real clue as to how I should be doing this just yet..

6/ If I do a complete replacement of any mesh [if major physical changes have been made] using SB3 I loose any bone linkages..

7/ I really do think a tutorial should be created [soon] to assist us noobies with how and where the bone information is created/stored and where it is editable if at all.
        here, I replace the mesh using normal in sb3u v6, smudges gone.

there is a tutorial on bone editing, but it's isn't easy, hence reason why there aren't many mod bones outfits.
        Attached Files

Comment

• to lensman11

1st, where were you when i was still in melbourne? XD
          na, kidding...
          back to schoolmate mod days, a tool from JP actually export bone struct along with meshs. but even so, to edit bones still not a simple task due to the animations. to do it right we need to edit many xa files which takes a long time.

I would suggest to cheat a bit like what i do in @homemate high heel mod(not finish yet).
          steps:
          1. export body mesh
          2. chop foots meshs,include ankles and the lower part of legs.
          3. import back then save. you will get a character without ankle and foots
          4. export body mesh from the backup file.
          5. insert this one back to overwrite the ankleLess girl.

or look for bone structure in the tree, and remove the footL and footR(something like this) should get the same resule.

after this your girl will not have foot animation anymore.

for new shoes not to get affect by the foot animation. kill those foot bones as well. heels will still move with the legs since that mesh is assosiate with the whole lowerbody bone structure .

just my 2c...

Comment

• @Joethebeast: Wait, wut do u mean with "How do I get to these maps? =/"? Of course you must download the map (h**p://www.sendspace.com/file/ox17g3). Or... You were asking about how to install it? There's a readme file.

...Or maybe you want to know each new locations?? Here ya go:
            http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpo...postcount=3867

Originally posted by StormWing
            Dear Illusion. PLEASE release AG4 already because i'm a proud member of A.S.S (Annoying Awesome Spamming Squad). Period.

Comment

• Originally posted by profundis View Post
              If you! select "No" in "Replace normals", other normals settings don't even matterYou have to set "Replace normal" to "Yes".
              I'm surprised you still have problems with latest SB3U

"Align vertices" is only useful when you see gaps between meshes after the import, it doesn't matter in this case.
              Well, I must admit that I tried these options without knowing exactly what they do. Thanks, now I know.

Originally posted by profundis View Post
              edit: Now, that I think of this, this may be indeed caused by the pleated skirt mesh itself. It's possible that the normals calculation algorithm tries to smooth sharp edges of the skirt (I hope you know what I mean, my English skills are limited, can't explain this better...).
              Understood, and learned something again (I was actually suspecting something, but it was a mere guess)!

However, setting replace normals to "No" with the pleated skirt should give the same result with SB3U v0.6 and v0.8.x, so any idea of why it does not?

Originally posted by profundis View Post
              I don't have AG3 installed currently. I can't test it. If you posted the .mqo file, I could try import it to AHM it with latest SB3U.
              mqo file for the pleated skirt attached below
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Nada084 View Post
                mqo file for the pleated skirt attached below
                I just checked that with SB3U v0.8.13. It's caused by the mesh shape, indeed.

In the renderer window you can check "Normal" to display normals orientation. If you do that you can see this:
                Spoiler

I chose one vertex and marked it's actual normal orientation with red. This is wrong in this case, and causes your problem. In fact there should be two normals for this vertex: one directed like the blue line (for the front face) and the other like green line (for the face directed backwards). The smoothing algorithm takes average of blue and green. This would be correct if you wanted to smooth this edge (and works fine in most cases), but here this is wrong. I don't think there is any way to fix this using .mqo and SB3U 0.8.x or 0.7.x (I may be wrong though).

I think in this case using SB3U 0.6.x seems reasonable
                (Maybe you could also try export/import to some other format than .mqo...)

I don't know why choosing "No" for "Replace normals" gives different result in SB3U 0.6.x and 0.8.x. That's the question only Alamar could answer

EDIT: Just checked one more thing. You can get slightly better result if you set normals settings like I told you before and increase value of "Duplicate Threshold". So you could try importing .mqo with some different values of the threshold, maybe you get some decent result this way?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by profundis; 09-02-2009, 07:08 AM.

[ School Mate 2: Uncensor | Clothes ] [ @HomeMate: Uncensor & Clothes ] [ Yuusha: Uncensor ]
                [ AG3+: ExpandingPussy Uncensor ] [ Itazura/Ichazura: Uncensor & more ] [ Tech48: Uncensor ]

Comment

• Alright, I was directed here from another thread about my problem with AG3. As posted in my previous reply in the other thread, I am having a problem with AG3 crashing in the character maker whenever it feels like it wants to. I can sit there and let it run idle, I can click on some things sometimes, but all of the sudden it'll crash, blue screen, and reset the computer. I really have no idea why its doing this. I have literally tried almost everything, I have followed TheShadow's guide to fixing crashes, done everything, and I know I don't have a bad copy of the game because I have downloaded it right here on Hongfire. All of my video drivers are up to date, everything else works fine, except for this game. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stormwing View Post
                    @Joethebeast: Wait, wut do u mean with "How do I get to these maps? =/"? Of course you must download the map (h**p://www.sendspace.com/file/ox17g3). Or... You were asking about how to install it? There's a readme file.

...Or maybe you want to know each new locations?? Here ya go:
                    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpo...postcount=3867
                    Thanks a lot, thats what I wanted to know.

By the way, is there any way to change the image when I press esc?
                    Last edited by joethebeast; 09-02-2009, 08:21 AM.

Comment

• I can't access uppervolta. Does someone still have upjs3mod1553 (homeless) and can upload it ? I just want to check something and I can't find that mod anywhere.

Edit:
                      To GhostLover below: Thanks a lot !
                      Last edited by unmei220; 09-02-2009, 10:51 AM. Reason: saying thanks
                      AG3: New Map Compilation / Map addons & extras / Main house paintings
                      @HM: Story translation
                      AA1: Romanized names

Comment

• Originally posted by unmei220 View Post
                        I can't access uppervolta. Does someone still have upjs3mod1553 (homeless) and can upload it ? I just want to check something and I can't find that mod anywhere.
                        Here you go.

Download: http://www.filefactory.com/file/ah5h...js3mod1553_rar

Comment

• @JoeTheBeast:
                          Thanks a lot, thats what I wanted to know.
                          Don't mention it
                          By the way, is there any way to change the image when I press esc?
                          ...We're still talking about AG3, right?? If you press esc, yeah the ONLY image you'll see is the option to end AG3 with a Yes or No button.

*edited*
                          @Unmei: Are you gonna modify the map so we can use that "Homeless" mod again? If you do, i don't think the "homeless" location in the shopping district will work (there's a hotel there LOL). But the "Homeless" mod in the beach will do (the beach mat with an umbrella & a small radio).
                          Last edited by Stormwing; 09-02-2009, 01:17 PM.

Originally posted by StormWing
                          Dear Illusion. PLEASE release AG4 already because i'm a proud member of A.S.S (Annoying Awesome Spamming Squad). Period.

Comment

• Originally posted by profundis View Post
                            EDIT: Just checked one more thing. You can get slightly better result if you set normals settings like I told you before and increase value of "Duplicate Threshold". So you could try importing .mqo with some different values of the threshold, maybe you get some decent result this way?
                            Yes, I did observe this. However I didn't go further in this direction, because using SB3U 0.6 with normals replacement off just gave the results I expected.

Thanks again for your explanations regarding normals, these allowed me to understand what was wrong (although I still wonder about some details, see optional questions below).

Optional questions:

1- What is the difference (if any) in the way SB3U v0.6.x and v0.8.x deal with normals?

2- When selecting 'No' for the Replace normals option, does the imported mesh use the normals of the old one?

3- What does selecting 'Yes' do? I think I read somewhere that mqos do not contain any normals information?

4- In SB3U v0.8.12 and with the pleated skirt, why is it that the Replace normals option seems to have no impact on the result, regardless of the choice (Yes/No)?

*bows*

Comment

• Originally posted by Nada084 View Post
                              Optional questions:
                              Like I said, there are questions only Alamar can answer. Everything below is just my guess...

Originally posted by Nada084 View Post
                              1- What is the difference (if any) in the way SB3U v0.6.x and v0.8.x deal with normals?
                              No idea. Since 0.7.x Alamar reimplemented many algorithms, probably for normals calculation as well. If I recall correctly, in 0.6.x it wasn't possible to calculate normals over multiple meshes (to smooth them as if they were one object), which sometimes caused seams to appear. Since 0.7.x it is possible!

2- When selecting 'No' for the Replace normals option, does the imported mesh use the normals of the old one?
                              I believe it uses normals of the original mesh (which should cause problems if you radically modify the geometry, like changing the number of vertices).

3- What does selecting 'Yes' do? I think I read somewhere that mqos do not contain any normals information?
                              Indeed, I believe .mqos don't contain normals. That's why SB3U calculates them for the new mesh (if you select "yes")! Further options, tell you how the normals are calculated.

a) "over entire workspace" - all meshes in workspace (in .mqo in this case) are treated as a single object to smooth seams between meshes. (Example: body split into many meshes like torso, legs, hands... This option will give you the impression that whole body is smooth.)
                              b) "over selected root nodes" - similar to the above, but only checked meshes/nodes (you can check them in workspace window) are treated as single object
                              c) "for each root node" - each root node is treated as single object (when there are many "mesh objects" in a mesh and you want them to be seen as one)
                              d) "for each mesh object" - each mesh object has normals calculated separately (if you selected this options when replacing body meshes there would be seams visible between meshes, like between arm and torso, leg and torso...)

4- In SB3U v0.8.12 and with the pleated skirt, why is it that the Replace normals option seems to have no impact on the result, regardless of the choice (Yes/No)?
                              No idea. I don't know how "replace normals" works when set to "no" in 0.8.x.
                              Last edited by profundis; 09-03-2009, 02:03 AM.

[ School Mate 2: Uncensor | Clothes ] [ @HomeMate: Uncensor & Clothes ] [ Yuusha: Uncensor ]
                              [ AG3+: ExpandingPussy Uncensor ] [ Itazura/Ichazura: Uncensor & more ] [ Tech48: Uncensor ]

Comment

• Originally posted by Stormwing View Post
                                @Unmei: Are you gonna modify the map so we can use that "Homeless" mod again? If you do, i don't think the "homeless" location in the shopping district will work (there's a hotel there LOL). But the "Homeless" mod in the beach will do (the beach mat with an umbrella & a small radio).
                                That was what I intended to do, but my modding skills are 0, zero, none, nada, so I couldn't do a thing. The only thing I was able to do was put the mat & the radio on the beach, but i don't know how to add an action point there. Coz' if I put the action point file that came with the mod, the action point to enter the bible black bedroom will disappear.
                                Anyone who can give me some hints as to what to do ?
                                Last edited by unmei220; 09-09-2009, 08:19 AM.
                                AG3: New Map Compilation / Map addons & extras / Main house paintings
                                @HM: Story translation
                                AA1: Romanized names

Comment

Working...
                                X