This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Support] (Illusion) Artificial Girl 3

So that the other threads can be used for more constructive posts, we've decided to create a support thread. In this thread you can post your questions/feedback about the various mods out there and hope the creator pays attention. If not, perhaps one of the other friendly people out there will come to your aid.
    Please be as descriptive as possible with your problem. Just posting "I can't get it to work" isn't going to get you a favorable response. If your post is super long because of the problem description, give a brief headline description, and put the bulk of your post inside some SPOILER tags.

Asleep at the wheel

Maybe this isn't a perfect solution yet; I've had strange, random bundles of flickering pixel since I tried this. I've figured out it isn't due to this or any other mod, it's from moving the .pp and missing some other associated files. I'm still trying to figure out which ones are really necessary.
    Brevity is the soul of...

My Gallery Since 2008

Comment

Originally posted by DokEnkephalin View Post
      Maybe this isn't a perfect solution yet; I've had strange, random bundles of flickering pixel since I tried this. I've figured out it isn't due to this or any other mod, it's from moving the .pp and missing some other associated files. I'm still trying to figure out which ones are really necessary.
      I just create a new girl then use SB3utility to export her body texture and import it into an existing girl's .pp file. You can also use illusion wizzard's skin editor. Simply copy the body texture from the new girl's backup folder into an existing girl's then you can use the restore original button to apply it.

Comment

I may be mistaken about the cause of the pixelation, it may be the clothes instead of the skin. I've replaced js3_00_02_00.pp with the original on CD, forced all the mods again, and still had it appear.

Originally posted by GhostLover View Post
        I just create a new girl then use SB3utility to export her body texture and import it into an existing girl's .pp file. You can also use illusion wizzard's skin editor. Simply copy the body texture from the new girl's backup folder into an existing girl's then you can use the restore original button to apply it.
        The .pp also has data on dimensions and proportions. If you do any tweaking in Make it'll update to the .pp, but next time you open the original girl in Make you won't have any of your changes as a reference. The Wizzard's Base File editor doesn't seem to update the .pp, but you can use it to update the data so it'll be correct in Make.

Or you can save the version you did edits on, and in the future just do edits on her and transfer the .pp over to the girl you have in world. If you have a lot of girls, this can take up a lot of space and clutter your lists.

My Gallery Since 2008

Comment

In an attempt to fix the flickering problem, I've uninstalled all mods, replaced all the game *.pp's with the original from CD, and reinstalled one by one.

Now AG3_Make crashes on loading many girls and crashes on generating others from examples. The girls it does load or create without crashing are either missing all hair or only have front hair. I've removed and reinstalled and removed all mods that deal with the .lst files and hair meshes, and I've updated to the latest versions of launchers, and the problem remains.

JS3_Make still works normally, but I prefer to use Hentaijin's translations. Does anyone have any suggestions that I haven't tried yet?

My Gallery Since 2008

Comment

I wonder if anyone got the hair mod of Miku from Vocaloid and could apply it

Comment

Originally posted by DokEnkephalin View Post
              In an attempt to fix the flickering problem, I've uninstalled all mods, replaced all the game *.pp's with the original from CD, and reinstalled one by one.

Now AG3_Make crashes on loading many girls and crashes on generating others from examples. The girls it does load or create without crashing are either missing all hair or only have front hair. I've removed and reinstalled and removed all mods that deal with the .lst files and hair meshes, and I've updated to the latest versions of launchers, and the problem remains.

JS3_Make still works normally, but I prefer to use Hentaijin's translations. Does anyone have any suggestions that I haven't tried yet?
              You probably forgot an important step: To update AG3. The actual launcher (Release 3+) depends on the js3_00_00_00.pp from the update to version 1.03.

Comment

Hi, I would love it if someone could convert this sexy beach 3 mod for use in AG3

here is a link to a screen shot http://illusionist.sosavalanche.net/...od.php?mod=294

the mod is listed under [All Girls] [Back] [sosola] - Horns (v0.1) at http://illusionist.sosavalanche.net/SB3/index.php

thanks very much.

Comment

Thanks, I did overlook that. It's working fine now.

My Gallery Since 2008

Comment

Curvaceous Body Mod

I'm having trouble getting the Curvaceous Body Mod, the Illusion Wizzard friendly version posted in the mods thread (and originally from UV), to work properly. I install the mod and everything's good until I try and put clothes on her in the maker, where various large sections of the underclothes, corresponding to the meshes this mod alters, clip or disappear. Its mainly in the butt area (all panties are affected) and waist and upper legs (affecting garters and stockings). I've tried installing the mod normally and forcing it, but no difference.

Game is vers 1.03, latest Illusion Wizzard (0.3a?), latest launcher (1.3 rel 3.5), and only other mods are the Girley3T v. 1.2 (1024) texture mods. Anyone else encounter this or have any idea of a fix?

Comment

If you load and resave all the outfits in Make, they'll conform to the new meshes and UV-maps. If you have a lot of outfits, it's going to be a pretty tedious task, but it's the only way.

It's still not a perfect fit in all animations, but those are the animations that you might prefer to strip the clothes away anyway.

My Gallery Since 2008

Comment

Originally posted by jeckyll View Post

As a side note, the original archive from UV archive its found in, upjs3mod813 contains 2 body mods and the second one is even more interesting (much more curvy: wider, curvy hips, bigger, rounder ass) but I don't think anyone's tried to make an IW friendly version of it (and there's an update of it too in upjs3mod814). I'd love to attempt this but between my knowledge gap in the way these files are structured and total lack of any Japanese I'm way out of my depth there.
                        Ahh, will have to look at that 0814 one, because the original one, 0612 the author messed up and forgot to fully do the clothes to fit that body...

Though Olken has done a fairly good job with his hip/butt mod, just looks like cottage cheese to me...

"Your inability to make it work does not make it broken." -- kuropon
                        >>>SB3 English Interface Mods<<<

Comment

Originally posted by wurlox View Post
                          Ahh, will have to look at that 0814 one, because the original one, 0612 the author messed up and forgot to fully do the clothes to fit that body...

Though Olken has done a fairly good job with his hip/butt mod, just looks like cottage cheese to me...
                          From what I could make out in the Google translated readme files, 0813 is the fixed replacement and 0814 further addresses the clothing issue. Including here some screens to show what it looks like, although these 2 only show the clothes fitting properly. For the full effect you really need to see the animated gif that shows the full torso but its too large to post as an attachment. I think the mod would look awesome in its own right or just for a change of pace from the normal body type.
                          Attached Files

Comment

More curvaceous body mod problems

This mod has proven to be a nightmare. Not saying its the mod that's broken, its quite possibly something, or some combination of things, in my setup that is creating the issues. At this point, after hours of trying to get it to work, I'm giving up - but if only it were so easy! Previous outfits, even now that the mod is removed, no longer work. I'll recap tonight's events as concisely as I can in the hopes another mind can find the flaw here:

1. Uninstalled all old mods and then updated AG3 1.02 to AG3 1.03
                            2. Installed Hentaijin's launcher 1.03 rel. 3.5 & Wurlox's interface.
                            3. Tested this base install with a fresh test girl, all good.
                            4. Installed Girley3T 1.2 (1024) and retested, all good.
                            5. Installed Translation Mod, retested, all good.
                            6. Installed Curvaceous Body mod, noticed clothes clipped/disappeared on mannequin.
                            7. Posted here and tried the fix (resaving the fashion). Worked in Make but the game would crash.
                            8. Uninstalled all mods. Reinstalled just Curvaceous body mod.
                            9. At this point it seemed to work with 2 test outfits, but wouldn't with several others.
                            10. Cleared out all bmp files & folders & *.up files in data/cos and data/cha.
                            11. Recompiled new test char and several outfits from scratch.
                            12. Same problems, more crashes (each crash when entering a room with a clothed girl).
                            13. Uninstalled curvaceous body mod, reinstalled other mods.

And the problems persist. The same clothes that mod had trouble with (tight skirts, garters, panties) the maker still displays those same issues even though the mod's removed as are any and all compiled clothes sets or fashion sets (except fresh ones to test with).

Not sure where to go from here. I really, really don't want to have to reinstall again as I have (literally) GBs and GBs of clothes sets, textures, and characters and getting everything back to where to where it was... although in a sense I guess I'm half way there now anyway after deleting everything compiled, and I still can't figure out what's going on or how to fix it.

Edit: One important note I left out, the CB mod I used was version 1.0 (either 1.1 wasn't yet posted when I downloaded 1.0 or I somehow missed it until just now).
                            Last edited by jeckyll; 02-03-2008, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jeckyll View Post
                              This mod has proven to be a nightmare. Not saying its the mod that's broken, its quite possibly something, or some combination of things, in my setup that is creating the issues. At this point, after hours of trying to get it to work, I'm giving up - but if only it were so easy! Previous outfits, even now that the mod is removed, no longer work. I'll recap tonight's events as concisely as I can in the hopes another mind can find the flaw here:

1. Uninstalled all old mods and then updated AG3 1.02 to AG3 1.03
                              2. Installed Hentaijin's launcher 1.03 rel. 3.5 & Wurlox's interface.
                              3. Tested this base install with a fresh test girl, all good.
                              4. Installed Girley3T 1.2 (1024) and retested, all good.
                              5. Installed Translation Mod, retested, all good.
                              6. Installed Curvaceous Body mod, noticed clothes clipped/disappeared on mannequin.
                              7. Posted here and tried the fix (resaving the fashion). Worked in Make but the game would crash.
                              8. Uninstalled all mods. Reinstalled just Curvaceous body mod.
                              9. At this point it seemed to work with 2 test outfits, but wouldn't with several others.
                              10. Cleared out all bmp files & folders & *.up files in data/cos and data/cha.
                              11. Recompiled new test char and several outfits from scratch.
                              12. Same problems, more crashes (each crash when entering a room with a clothed girl).
                              13. Uninstalled curvaceous body mod, reinstalled other mods.

And the problems persist. The same clothes that mod had trouble with (tight skirts, garters, panties) the maker still displays those same issues even though the mod's removed as are any and all compiled clothes sets or fashion sets (except fresh ones to test with).

Not sure where to go from here. I really, really don't want to have to reinstall again as I have (literally) GBs and GBs of clothes sets, textures, and characters and getting everything back to where to where it was... although in a sense I guess I'm half way there now anyway after deleting everything compiled, and I still can't figure out what's going on or how to fix it.

Edit: One important note I left out, the CB mod I used was version 1.0 (either 1.1 wasn't yet posted when I downloaded 1.0 or I somehow missed it until just now).
                              you need to be careful when uninstalling old mods, if they arent uninstalled in in reverse order that they were installed then it can really muck up your games files. I wish there was something in Illusion Wizard that tells you the date&time each mod was applied so you know what order to uninstall if you want to remove stuff at a later date.

Comment

Originally posted by neobunny View Post
                                you need to be careful when uninstalling old mods, if they arent uninstalled in in reverse order that they were installed then it can really muck up your games files. I wish there was something in Illusion Wizard that tells you the date&time each mod was applied so you know what order to uninstall if you want to remove stuff at a later date.
                                Well ok, noted that - next version of Illusion Wizzard will get a mod apply history file where you can check what mod has been applied at what time. You still have to decide on your own which mods do have an effect on others. The general problem that you have to remove mods in reverse order has been discussed several times on irc. There simply is no sensible/feasible way to keep track of the changes and to have wizzard automatically know which mods have to be removed before a certain mod.
                                HF-Modding/Translation Club Member

Comment

Working...
                                X