This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Support] (Illusion) Artificial Girl 3

So that the other threads can be used for more constructive posts, we've decided to create a support thread. In this thread you can post your questions/feedback about the various mods out there and hope the creator pays attention. If not, perhaps one of the other friendly people out there will come to your aid.
    Please be as descriptive as possible with your problem. Just posting "I can't get it to work" isn't going to get you a favorable response. If your post is super long because of the problem description, give a brief headline description, and put the bulk of your post inside some SPOILER tags.

Asleep at the wheel

• Thanks to both TigerFist and Chieko for the pointers

Originally posted by TigerFist View Post
    I'm still afraid to try it on my own... It talks near the bottom about xx files.
    I now actually prefer the manual method for installing clothing mods. This is the only way I can cherry pick the actual items I want from the pack. The way I do it vary a little bit from the tutorial you gave me, in that I'm using SB3Utility extensively (IMHO easier/more foolproof, though AG3Decrypt is still needed) and not touching the js3_00_07_00.pp file, instead making a new/separate .pp file for the mods.

I can write up my approach if you'd like to know more of my approach.

Comment

• Well, now I have a few questions.

Q #1:
      How do you guys make screenshot of "Play" and/or "Maker"? I tried using IrfanView, which works satisfactory in other cases, but for some reason can't work with AG3.

Q #2:
      I'm trying to make a Wizard compatible mod. I tried to pack it in RAR format but it seems Wizard can't apply it. Trying a ZIP format and the Wizard can't find the screenshots but able to apply it. Does the mod needs to be in 7ZIP format?

Q #3:
      I'm using TwinAngel's "color skin custom compilation" mod ([ag3+][maker][color skin custom compilation][by twinangel].7z as I dl it), but having some quirks with it. One quirk needs a screenshot to explain better, hence Q #1. Another, is I noticed that the mod "supposed" to add new skin colors (Brown, Brown+, Dark, Vampire, Elf) as well as new tans (One-piece, Topless 1, Topless 2). However no change applied when selecting the new colors and tans. Selecting the new colors reverts to "Normal" and the tan to "None". Are there special steps to enable them?

Q #4:
      Anybody still have a working link to the A-type personality mod?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by klem37 View Post
        How do you guys make screenshot of "Play" and/or "Maker"?
        Game: Print or F11 (With subtitle mod F12 to hide the stats.), then look in \data\cap!
        Maker: Alt+Print and insert in IrfanView.

Trying a ZIP format and the Wizard can't find the screenshots but able to apply it.
        The screenshot must have the same name as the archive (without the extension). Several screenshots can be numbered.
        Last edited by Chieko Nakasato; 02-28-2012, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chieko Nakasato View Post
          Game: Print or F11 (With subtitle mod F12 to hide the stats.), then look in \data\cap!
          Maker: Alt+Print and insert in IrfanView.

The screenshot must have the same name as the archive (without the extension). Several screenshots can be numbered.
          I see. Thanks for the help Chieko

Anyone else uses [ag3+][maker][color skin custom compilation][by twinangel].7z mod or have any ideas why tan lines wont work? I see the mod changes to js_01_00_00.lst, adding a few more buttons to the maker. That's the only .lst file changed. However, how maker knows which texture to use when I click the new buttons?

Comment

Thanks to both TigerFist and Chieko for the pointers

I now actually prefer the manual method for installing clothing mods. This is the only way I can cherry pick the actual items I want from the pack. The way I do it vary a little bit from the tutorial you gave me, in that I'm using SB3Utility extensively (IMHO easier/more foolproof, though AG3Decrypt is still needed) and not touching the js3_00_07_00.pp file, instead making a new/separate .pp file for the mods.

I can write up my approach if you'd like to know more of my approach.
            I would totally like to know your approach, thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerFist View Post
              I would totally like to know your approach, thank you!
              Here's something I wrote about manual mod install. I also included AG3Decryptor and SB3Utility just in case, but maybe the versions are not up-to-date.

AG3ManualModInstall.rar

Hope it's readable

Comment

• I also installed shadowmages clothing pack (best thing ever) and only have one question about it, the wizard took care of everything except the files that say that they need to be placed in the AG3 directory; normally I wouldn't have a problem because they come with instructions, but I just want to make sure I'm clear here; do they go in the AG3 folder or the texture directory, because most of the files are named like a40_02_02_01_00, and those would go in the m_tex directory---->even though it says they go in the AG3 directory.

In my AG3 directory I have the play,make,and data...I just want some clarification lol thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mekishiko View Post
                  In my AG3 directory I have the play,make,and data...I just want some clarification
                  Yes, this directory is the right one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chieko Nakasato View Post
                    Yes, this directory is the right one.
                    thanks! now I just need to rename some files lol

Comment

Here's something I wrote about manual mod install. I also included AG3Decryptor and SB3Utility just in case, but maybe the versions are not up-to-date.

AG3ManualModInstall.rar

Hope it's readable
                      Hey thanks so much ^_^ I'll try it out today and tell ya how it goes!

Update: Well, so far I'm still a little intimidated. I don't have almost any of these screens popping up XD I'm trying to install an xx file from the MilkyBreasts/Animated Pussy mod, which was supposedly wizard friendly yet so far does not seem to work with it. There are no txt files @.@
                      I'm going to go at this a bit more and see what I can figure out... Any pointers are welcome of course!
                      Last edited by TigerFist; 03-01-2012, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerFist View Post
                        Well, so far I'm still a little intimidated. I don't have almost any of these screens popping up XD I'm trying to install an xx file from the MilkyBreasts/Animated Pussy mod, which was supposedly wizard friendly yet so far does not seem to work with it. There are no txt files @.@
                        I'm going to go at this a bit more and see what I can figure out... Any pointers are welcome of course!
                        I got the MilkyBreast mod, the one compiled by Sjaakster, Profundis and FutaBoy. Looking at the mod, which is Wizard friendly, it does not requires any LST editing, so it changes something from the game. The mod require us to insert/replace a15_01.xx to js3_00_02_00.pp, which can be easily done with SB3Utility.

AFAIK a15_01.xx is the body mesh. Have you tried unloading your characters from Play, re-open them in Maker then save it without change, then load them again in Play?

According to my observation, AG3 have customizable default meshes and textures. In Maker we customize them (i.e. waist width, breast size, etc). When we save in Maker, the engine copies the meshes and textures, apply our customization to it, and pack them into a separate PP file. Play then only read those customized PP files, and saves a considerable time loading.

Mods like MilkyBreast, AnimatedPussy, all make changes to the master template, which Play doesn't read. Only Maker reads those master templates. The only way Play get to know those changes is when Maker saves it to the customized PP files, which Play read.

That said, I'm a bit curious. I have installed a mod which changes the character head mesh. While the Maker reads them fine, Play seems to revert to the original mesh. I've tried to use Morpher to XDiff the body and play can read it, but not heads. Anyone got a suggestion?

Comment

• While cherry-picking the Clothing Compilation, I found few minor errors. Here's my attempt to fix them.

Spoiler
                          What's been fixed

js02_01_03.lst
                          Barbell Piercing (Small):
                          - Fixed default texture filename
                          - Added default texture which are missing from original

Ring Piercing (Medium A):
                          - Added default texture which are missing from original

Lipstick Kiss 2:
                          - Changed japanese default texture name to english

js_02_05_04.lst
                          Necklace (Longer, Options):
                          - Fixed garbage option label
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Question of adding new hair style.

Hi all,

Recently I want to make a new hair style in AG3,
                            if I want to add it in char-editor(front and back hair),
                            which lst file, should need to edit?

Thanks for reply.

Comment

• It's been a while since I've done anything for AG3 but If I'm not mistaken,

js01_06_01.lst is the front hair file

js01_06_02.lst is the back hair file

js01_06_03.lst is the file for side hairs.

I hope that helps.
                              The cake turned out to not be a lie after all!

My UpperVolta AG3 Mod Wizzard ready conversions

Comment

• Thanks Sibushang, I will try to make it.

Comment

Working...
                                X