Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Release AND Discussion Thread] (Illusion) Digitown - Digital girl

First major EDIT:
    Folks, sorry for starting this thread and then going away for a long time. I really never expected this little program to gain such a following. (Actually never expected Illusion game releases to have bombed so badly resulting in ongoing interest in Digikano).

Anyway, just came back from a long absence and saw ToxicKing's suggestion to include this useful post by PhoenixA1.

Click here

Anyway, I am not going to have time to continue maintaining the first post. Hopefully, PhoenixA1's pack will get people the head start to getting this thing installed and working.

Have fun.

*****BEGIN original post ******

Heya. I just started playing with this little poser program and it is pretty cool. I think there are definite modding possibilities with this thing. Based on the traffic so far, this little proggy does not appear to have a large fan base. So this thread is for modding and modding discussions. PLEASE DO NOT CLUTTER this thread with newbie questions.

So here is my first release. This is a mixed high res of Rin with makeup in black lingerie. I haven't completely tested it yet, but I think the high res might cause some issues with the game.

Sendspace

Thanks to Alamar for his utility without which this would not have been possible.

Instructions:
    - DL attachment from sendspace.
    - unpack using 7zip
    - Back up your existing rin.pp in ..\data\obj to another directory. Do not leave your original rin.pp in the original directory.
    - Move this rin.pp to the ..\data\obj directory.
    - Start game.

Have fun.

Thanks to Wurlox for clearing away the crud from this thread. For those who missed the little brouhaha, I almost didn't post anymore mods because someone posted a stupid newbie question, despite knowing full well he was was not supposed to. If you want to continue to see mods, respect the space and DO NOT POST stupid questions. If you don't see something right away, SEARCH. If you're too lazy, then tough.

Give a hoot, don't pollute.

Alright, here are two more mods (actually one is an updated version of the one above).

NOTES:
    - I forgot to include instructions in the zip file. The following are the instructs.
    - Although I use the standard naming convention, this is NOT in Wizzard friendly format because Wizzard does not currently support DGR.
    - The enclosed rin.pp overwrites the above mod.

CREDITS:
    - Alamar for SB3 utility
    - TheodorSid for his excellent 3D slit mod.
    - Wurlox for being the attentive moderator and an all around decent chap.

INSTRUCTS:
    - DL the 7z file from Sendspace
    - Unpack using 7zip
    - Back up your existing rin.pp and jinko.pp in ..\data\obj to another directory. Do not leave the original pp files in the original directory.
    - Move the two enclose pp files to the ..\data\obj directory.
    - Start program.

MOD DISCUSSION NOTES:

DGR has promise because it seems to be designed for expansion. But as of right now there are no tools for inserting mods. I think once there is a steady stream of additions, the tool makers in our community (in whose league I cannot count myself) might deign to craft a way for us to easily distribute and insert mods. (I consider SB3utility to be a modders tool - not for the average leecher). In the meanwhile, I might provide additional pp files in their entirety just for fun.

Another modding note: This time, there does not appear to be any bugs created as a result of my using higher res. Not really sure why. But the first mod posted above was really more of an experiment. These two mods are pretty close to being production worthy. Which reminds me, I will need to refine the texture mapping of the privates. When spread, it doesn't look right. So don't be surpised if there is an update.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Anand; 01-27-2010, 04:40 PM. Reason: Post new mod

New Tongues

I've uploaded a new "Tongue" pack for the game. Included is the old "Flat_Tongue" and two new ones "Thrust_Tongue" and "Pierced_Tongue" (which is the Thrust_Tongue model with metal piercing).

Hope you enjoy these! As normal:

These are "items", and will show up under your "ITEMS" list as "Flat_Tongue", "Thrust_Tongue" and "Pierced_Tongue".

Unzip the file and place the "80_Tongue.pp" file in your "Data/Obj" folder (just over-write the old one), and the "80_tongues.sfd" file in the "Data" folder. (I can't believe I got that backwards on the original!) That should do it. If you place the tongue immediately after placing a character (in the basic arms out-stretched position), the tongue will appear in her mouth.

{I've uploaded the files here on Hongfire as a ZIP. If the moderators wish to remove it, please do so and let me know.}

PS> This file contains 3 models, but is only slightly larger than the FIRST one.
    Those BMP files can be huge, so I reduced size on the image that shows up in your ITEMS list. That's a big difference!

As per Rin, Ryutia is a popsicle fanatic!
    Last edited by Sinbad; 07-11-2008, 06:23 PM.
    Be kind! When you discuss real world physics in anime, a cat-girl dies!

Comment

Originally posted by trogdor0071 View Post
      Chances are, it's just the character w/shirt (Skirt mesh removed) then the Skirt Mesh was made as an item.

I could make a rin.pp that does that for you if you'd like.
      You know what.. I 'll take that offer ^^

@ SInbad.. nice tongue ^^

Comment

I took the liberty of purchasing Esk. Hope it work for yas!

Digitown's Digital Esk:

http://rapidshare.com/files/124460440/sh0006.exe.html

Comment

Originally posted by Halo83 View Post

Digitown's Digital Esk:

Thanks! We all appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by Halo83 View Post

Digitown's Digital Esk:

thank man, i am really appreciated it... ur the man!!!

Comment

New Hair

Lately I've been attempting to modify the hair files for the Ayane character in DGR, with varying results. No matter how I cut or changed meshes, it still had a very bad transparency issue.

Then, a few days ago, I came across a file uploaded by Wurlox of a cosplay version of Ayane for AG3. (Thank you Wurlox!) The hair in AG3 doesn't have this transparency issue, so I downloaded the file and examined the hair meshes for this model. It was not a surprise to find that each of the meshes in this hair model was a separate mesh, and not included under one file.

Reasoning that if I separated the meshes, it might solve the transparency issue, I found a character in DGR with separate hair meshes. Luckily, it was Bael who had a hair model similar to Ayane's. I managed to replace all of the meshes for Bael's hair with separate Ayane meshes, and to my surprise, it worked! Bael had Ayane's hair model, but none of the tranparency issues (See Image Below).

So now all I need to do is replace the rest of Bael's head with Ayane parts and create a new .XX file to place back in the Ayane .PP (I HOPE!). But this may be the answer to the nagging transparency issues I've noticed in some DGR models. I'll keep you informed.

Meanwhile, I wonder if I should release Bael with Ayane's hair as a mod? Perhaps as a "Blonde" or "Brunette"?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Sinbad; 06-30-2008, 08:20 PM. Reason: Editing

Comment

Originally posted by Sinbad View Post
                Meanwhile, I wonder if I should release Bael with Ayane's hair as a mod? Perhaps as a "Blonde" or "Brunette"?
                Bael as blonde? Way ahead of you...lol. Did this a long time ago. But with the Ayane hair, that would be interesting to see.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hey, Thanks! I Downloaded The Game...

But It Doesn't Seem To Work On Me... The Reg Fixes Doesn't Work Either... Any Help? Thanks!

Comment

The New Model

Okay, it's done after 3 weeks of reading, testing and despair. Ayane's hair is fixed. No more transparency issues (see pics below)

Now I guess I need to post about what I've done, good and bad things, just so somebody else might have an easier time of related projects.

1. First, I had to decided how to best change the model's hair. The Ayane hair mesh had 6 meshes all contained in one mesh object b_On_long_Bkami . I tried changing the alpha loading order by hex editing (64 being default), but no matter how I changed the order the transparency issue remained. A post by Sosola and Stavaros, and one by J1327:
                    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=865
                    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...es#post1541525

2. I found a nice post by J1327 discussing his method of creating frames, so I tried copying the meshes into a new frame underneath the b_On_long_Bkami Frame. This also copied the bones along with them, even though I copied only one mesh of the hair into each of six frames. The game crashed. I finally gave up on this method. I don't know if it would have worked, but I learned how to create frames.
                    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=891

3. The method that finally worked was I replaced Bael's hair meshes (which were separate meshes/frames) with Ayane's hair meshes and applied the textures in game using Wurlox's method as explained in his tutorial.

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...al#post1418510

Then I used a very simple method of transferring Bael's head to the Ayane model. Using DGDecrypt2.0, I extracted the files from the modified bael.pp file. I also extracted the files from the ayane.pp file. Then I copied the head file (c03_01_h.xx) for Bael (already modified with Ayane's hair) into the ayane directory and erased the Ayane head file (c86_01_h.xx) and renamed c03_01_h.xx to c86_01_h.xx. This gave me Ayane in game with Bael's head!

Using Alamar's SB3Utility, I opened the ayane.pp (Bael's head version). Since the Bael head already had Ayane's hair, I merely replaced files such as the face, eyes and matuge (eyelashes) using Wurlox's methods from his tutorial. I had to create two new Frame items for the eyes (an alpha mesh/texture) that was not included in Bael's head. I followed J1327's Creating Frames method using the original ayane.pp as a guide, and with a bit of trial and error got the new items into the new Frame. Still using the original ayane.pp as a guide, I hex edited the new meshes into their original positions, designations and alpha transparencies. This wasn't too hard, but merely a long process of checking numbers versus the originals, and saving and testing. A few hours work at most.

On the positive, the bad transparency issue is gone from Ayane's hair. On the negative, I lost the bone structure in the original Ayane hair model. Bael's hair did not have one. Ayane's hair/bone model was a hold-over from another model and did not match her hair.
                    But I have not given up hope. I think, using J1327's methods that it may be possible to restore the bones back to Ayane's hair model (using the original data) and perhaps even place them into better positions inside the mesh. I haven't tried this yet. After three weeks of fooling with hair models, I'm ready for a few days break.

I'm also uncertain if I should upload this new Ayane model. I hate to give you something that is partially broken, and may be replaced in a couple of weeks if I can get the bones to work again.
                    Meanwhile, anyone interested in this new model, see my next post in this thread.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Sinbad; 07-07-2008, 03:49 PM. Reason: Corrections, file names -boy was I tired when I wrote this!

Comment

Originally posted by Sinbad View Post
                      Okay, it's done after 3 weeks of reading, testing and despair. Ayane's hair is fixed. No more transparency issues (see pics below)

Now I guess I need to post about what I've done, good and bad things, just so somebody else might have an easier time of related projects.

1. First, I had to decided how to best change the model's hair. The Ayane hair mesh had 6 meshes all contained in one mesh object b_On_long_Bkami . I tried changing the alpha loading order by hex editing (64 being default), but no matter how I changed the order the transparency issue remained. A post by Sosola and Stavaros, and one by J1327:
                      http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=865
                      http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...es#post1541525

2. I found a nice post by J1327 discussing his method of creating frames, so I tried copying the meshes into a new frame underneath the b_On_long_Bkami Frame. This also copied the bones along with them, even though I copied only one mesh of the hair into each of six frames. The game crashed. I finally gave up on this method. I don't know if it would have worked, but I learned how to create frames.
                      http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=891

3. The method that finally worked was I replaced Bael's hair meshes (which were separate meshes/frames) with Ayane's hair meshes and applied the textures in game using Wurlox's method as explained in his tutorial.

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...al#post1418510

Then I used a very simple method of transferring Bael's head to the Ayane model. Using DGDecrypt2.0, I extracted the files from the modified bael.pp file. I also extracted the files from the ayane.pp file. Then I copied the head file (c03_00_h.xx) for Bael (already modified with Ayane's hair) into the ayane directory and erased the Ayane head file (c86_00_h.xx) and renamed c03_00_h.xx to C86_00_h.xx. This gave me Ayane in game with Bael's head!

Using Alamar's SB3Uitlity, I extracted C03_00_h.xx from Bael (this contains the head and hair files) and C86_00_h.xx for Ayane's head. Since Bael already had Ayane's hair, I merely replaced files such as the face, eyes and matuge (eyebrows) using Wurlox's methods from his tutorial. I had to create two new Frame items for the eyes (an alpha mesh/texture) that was not included in Bael's head. I followed J1327's Creating Frames method using the original ayane.pp as a guide, and with a bit of trial and error got the new items into the new Frame. Still using the original ayane.pp as a guide, I hex edited the new meshes into their original positions, designations and alpha transparencies. This wasn't too hard, but merely a long process of checking numbers versus the originals, and saving and testing. A few hours work at most.

On the positive, the bad transparency issue is gone from Ayane's hair. On the negative, I lost the bone structure in the original Ayane hair model. Bael's hair did not have one. Ayane's hair/bone model was a hold-over from another model and did not match her hair.
                      But I have not given up hope. I think, using J1327's methods that it may be possible to restore the bones back to Ayane's hair model (using the original data) and perhaps even place them into better positions inside the mesh. I haven't tried this yet. After three weeks of fooling with hair models, I'm ready for a few days break.

I'm also uncertain if I should upload this new Ayane model. I hate to give you something that is partially broken, and may be replaced in a couple of weeks if I can get the bones to work again.
                      Meanwhile, anyone interested in this new model can drop me a PM and I'll see if I can send it to you (it's about 14meg in size). I really need a place to upload large files!
                      That's a ton of work!

Good job!

Comment

New Hair .XX file upload

@trogodor,

Thanks! It was a true "learning experience".

I thought I would compromise a little, and I've uploaded the modified c86_01_h.xx file (as a ZIP) for those who wish to use or modify it.

Instructions for getting it into the game.
                        You will need the "DGDecrypt2.0" program for this.

1. FIRST, make a backup of the ayane.pp file from your Data/Obj game directory. Put it somewhere besides the Obj folder, as the game may STILL read it.
                        2. After downloading the c86_01_h.zip, unzip it into a temporary directory. If you haven't already done so, copy DGDecrypt2.0 into the same directory.
                        3. Copy the ayane.pp file into the same directory.
                        4. Drag and drop the ayane.pp file onto the DGDecrypt2.0 program. This will unpack the file into a "ayane" directory with all its included files.
                        5. Next, copy the new c86_01_h.xx file into the "ayane" directory, replacing the old one. Make sure no backup copy of the c86_01_h.xx file remains in the "ayane" directory. (It shouldn't make one, but be safe!).
                        6. Drag and drop the "ayane" directory with the new c86_01_h.xx file within onto DGDecrypt2.0. This will create a new ayane.pp file.
                        7. Copy the new ayane.pp file into your game's Data/Obj folder. If this creates a backup file, delete the backup.
                        8. This should place the new Ayane model into the game. If it does not, rinse and repeat.

Hope this will be worth your while!
                        Last edited by Sinbad; 12-23-2008, 07:52 PM.

Comment

ok been fiddleing with this for a little bit .. how do i move the model?!? .. i dont mean the joints , i mean acctully placing her in another part of the room ... holding shift lets me spin her on the wheels , but i cant work out how to move her ;(

**edit: duh , right mouse button
                          Last edited by lucindrea; 07-07-2008, 01:36 AM.

Comment

you press alt and right clilck to drag.... I think??

Comment

More Tongues

I've updated the Tongue Pack with two new (sort of) tongues. One is called "Licking Tongue" with a more curved appearance and a fresh pink color, and the other is the "Original Tongue" which is the tongue that is in the model's heads. I ripped this one out of Bael's mouth... and that sounds pretty gross!

The other three tongues are still the same.

As normal, download the ZIP file and place the 80_tongue.pp file in your Data/Obj folder. The SFD file goes directly in your Data folder

Happy licking!

PS> Should have included the SFD. I assumed that anyone interested would already have the OLD zip file. I was not thinking ahead. SFD file included now.
                              Last edited by Sinbad; 06-06-2009, 12:07 PM.

Comment

where is the SFD file? without it, it's not work

Comment

Working...
                                X