Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] [Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Please discuss modding about Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) (HS) here.

==[ Modding tools ]=======================
    • SB3UGS note the Experimental Versions!

==[ Useful Links ]=======================
    Last edited by enimaroah; 01-29-2019, 01:35 AM.

• Originally posted by roy12 View Post

Did you modify the occlusion map too? cf_oc_body_00 in cf_m_base. There's now 4 maps you have to modify, plus any tanline, which I think works as a type of overlay.
    Yes, I edited all of these:

cf_t_body_00_00-ARGB32.tga
    cf_s_body_00_00_00-DXT1.dds
    cf_n_body_00_00-DXT5.dds
    cf_oc_body_00-DXT1.dds
    c_n_zara-DXT5.dds

But that seam is still there, its not very visible, but still...

It must be something to do with _NML computing...

Comment

• Important is that you select only adjacent meshes, not the mesh for which you compute the NML MB's normals. Usually for uncensors I would guess that no mesh should be selected (= visible in the renderer). Of course, in the NML you have to select the destination mesh.

I would need to know how you structured the mesh(es). Is the seam visible in Sb3UGS (= UV problem)? But it would equally be possible that different material attributes including shaders cause this.

roy12:
      Good finding! I linked your post in the FP.

Comment

• Originally posted by enimaroah View Post
        Important is that you select only adjacent meshes, not the mesh for which you compute the NML MB's normals. Usually for uncensors I would guess that no mesh should be selected (= visible in the renderer). Of course, in the NML you have to select the destination mesh.

I would need to know how you structured the mesh(es). Is the seam visible in Sb3UGS (= UV problem)? But it would equally be possible that different material attributes including shaders cause this.
        Everything looks great in Sb3UGS, no seams, it only becomes visible in the game.

It must be related to UVs somehow, if I dont separate pussy UV and keep it together with body UVs then there is no seam visible... But then there is no space for pussy texture...

Click image for larger version

Name:	SBUg01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	5703137

Comment

• Belgar17
          Belgar17 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not sure if this is related or not but just in case. When you import a mesh in SB3UGS the program separate the mesh vertices edges along the UV seams, so even is you started with a single unified mesh, you can end with a mesh separated in sections inside the assetbundle. So what you may be seen is the transition from main body mesh to the uncensor mesh.

I asked enimaroah about this issue once, and he said that SB3UGS does this on purpose because it help to insure that each vertex gets it own UV coordinates.

You may ask Stampar about it because he had similar problems when working with the SBX uncensor.

• uncenone
          uncenone commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, I noticed that as well, but after you calculate normals the seam should disappear... I am hoping that there is a normal or bump map somewhere that I need to find....

• I got the files from uncenone and yes 58 vertices are created from Sb3UGS on import for this reason - one vertex in the games cant have more than one UV. While these vertices get the same normal from Sb3UGS, the tangents are computed from FbxSDK. That is correct! Sb3UGS cant compute them, because of the non-contiguous UVs.

I got only one texture in the file. So it is still possible that the seams I see are caused from other original textures.

Another possibility could be that tangents or even normals would be recalculated from Unity. In that case you would have to transport the whole problem for simulation into a Unity project and check it in UnityEditor. I made a test and computed the normals in Sb3UGS with a positive big threshold to produce invalid normals and tangents. In the game the body looked like before! The normals, of course, were replaced from the Nml MB. The tangents were either irrelevant or must have been recomputed from Unity. In the latter case the question would be, can Unity handle non-contiguous UVs or not?

Comment

• uncenone
          uncenone commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you very much for looking into this!
          I will play with textures/maps, maybe I missed something, or try to make it contiguous UV, that will definitely fix it

• what about creating male penis, does anyone working on it?
        "Illusion Company" Fan since 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by alphaomega View Post
          what about creating male penis, does anyone working on it?
          Spoiler

Name:	original (3).jpg
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	5705517

Be patience man. Most might not even working at all until the game fully release. The community will get the uncensored mods alright. Don't worry about it. If you claim to be "Illusion" fan since 2007 then you are also aware how things work around here in HongFire forum.

enimaroah
          Good news is that I finally completed the TR maps. Bad news is that the size is 2.5GB!!!!! (no duplicates are used and texture formats are DXT-5)
          Well, I still have to rip the small objects to fit them in maps. Like poles, traps (blades, spikes) and God knows what other things I have to rip.

My only concern is that this studio does not have the "Lists" system. Because doubtful that me and aastaroth are gonna manage it this time. It will be too many conflicts.

Comment

• ramoram
            ramoram commented
            Editing a comment
            PPD system is quite old. I think it work by de-crypt and encrypt files and add list in them. No studio info of HS released at the moment. I am simply assuming, because there is some similarity in both games. But still I am unsure about it until the game fully release.

• KingRexTan
            KingRexTan commented
            Editing a comment
            In my most humble opinion, I like the PPD Studio GUI the most. Scrolling in SBPR in horizontal fashion is nerve-wrecking. There was even no parent-child system in the studio. haha.

Here I am hoping we get a polished studio for HS. Well, at least, we now have a lot of animations to choose from.

• ramoram
            ramoram commented
            Editing a comment
            I can't argue on that KingRexTan. No doubt PPD Studio GUI is the best. In SBPR Studio it requires patience to shot one scene.

• Congratulations ramoram! That was much work, no doubt!

While I see no reason why Illusion would change the list system, we cant rely on it until the release.

Originally posted by nneezz View Post
          Unfortunately, the method of creating my Extended Customization mod won't work for HS anymore, for the trial anyway. Illusion stored the animation info differently this time. Things get even more complicated as HS is the first game Illusion uses animation layers for customization...probably because of the reduction in the number of bones. I don't think the full game is gonna be any different so the chance of me creating the same kinda mod is next to zero.

The only way I can think of right now is to create an injector plugin to override the customization function. This is actually a preferable method since there'll be no mod clashing issue. I already know which slider does what so if someone who can write the plugin and wants to team up we can create the mod.

Anyone?
          Had anyone volunteered to assist nneezz ? The method in HS is really completely different compared to SBPR and it would be great to get such an additional freedom.

nneezz, would you introduce your findings to us?

Comment

• akyryz
            akyryz commented
            Editing a comment
            well he can PM me if is something easy like insert some code to call something in a well known place i can do
            but if i have to search for stuff i probably cannot cuz i am with my hands full for this month...
            also he could try unity injector there are a few tutorials out there, but i'm sorry i haven't time to read them yet.

• enimaroah , sadly no one yet. May be you can try, akyryz?

The customization anim is probably in list/customshape.unity3d file (see pic). My assumption is that the InitShapeBody function is called on init a character and it reads anim data from the file. Since we can't crack the cf_animShapeBody.textasset to edit the data. The only way I can think of is override the function to read our data instead. But, of course, this might be wrong since I've got no way to know for sure what the game does without being able to debug it.

I tried following the ReiPatcher tutorial on AS wiki but I couldn't get things to work because I didn't understand most of the content. I also looked into other people's works but couldn't make sense out of them. I gave up after struggling for a while. But I'd really like to know how this injection thing works I'd be grateful if you could guide me where I should start.

Comment

• akyryz
            akyryz commented
            Editing a comment
            i just sent you a pm...

• I got bone customisation working for the shortcutplugin. I havent released the new version yet, but it does not modify the character customizer (a lot of functions wont let you to just change the min and max values of the slider), so i found no other way to make it working with the exisiting sliders. what i have is a menu which gives you a slider for every bone, which in fact does change the scale of the transforms (unlimited min and max values). Its working very well, but at the moment you have no option to save and load those settings. and they even get lost / reset when you switch to another animation. Both problems are solvable, i have done load and save menus before and we need to override the transforms scale in the onupdate method to keep them changed as the user wants to. so there is still some work left to make it usable, give me a sign if there is interest in this kind of solution

Comment

• enimaroah
            enimaroah commented
            Editing a comment
            No, nneezz. Saving and loading customized bones is required. You dont want to rescale approx. 100 bones after switching a character over and over again.

E.g. the game loads a character with a breast size within slider range, but a user wants 120%. Then the plugin has to save 1. the overridden bone, 2. the customized scaling in an extra file or in an extra data chunk in the same png. Dont know if the game would accept it though. At the same location the plugin would store all other customized pairs.

So the gui needs to present all bones to the user, but more than 100 bones would crowd the gui. A single dropdown box for all bones would save space but the selection would be tiresome. I guess the nicest way would be to present a dropdown box for each slider group which contains only related bones. And that is the effort I meant above.

• nneezz
            nneezz commented
            Editing a comment
            What I mean is that the plugin could work like the translation plugin where the english text is saved in an external text file and the info is loaded every time it is needed. We would save this extra transformation in a text file and let the plugin load this on top of existing transform every time the game loads the PNG. And I don't think we load the PNG that often (I assume this is what you meant by switching a character). So basically, a user will get a normal character when the plugin is off and another character when it is on. Also, with a nice data format, the extra transform file can be easily edited by users just like the translation text file. Wouldn't this be a good approach?

• enimaroah
            enimaroah commented
            Editing a comment
            While the programming effort would be smaller, you would lose all immediate feedback of your editing. Sure the file's date could be checked and the character updated after your editing. Still you would need to switch back and forth between text editor and the maker.

I am excited to see what Animat0r will do.

• this file will unlock all character presets for the trial including Sitri

just extract in game folder
          Attached Files
          Creator and maintainer of UI Translation Loader
          An assets replacer for Unity engine focused on translation

Comment

• Studio is similar or should I say exactly like SBPR Studio. Which means there will be "List sytem". I was hoping it should to similar like PC where list is not needed.
          Spoiler

Name:	000.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	5709456

DAMN! Will there be "Item attachment" at all???!!!!

Comment

• ramoram
            ramoram commented
            Editing a comment
            Transferring poses to main game. Hmmm there is a plugin used in PC and SBPR called Maestro Mode. I think HS will get that too.

• Bond Travolta
            Bond Travolta commented
            Editing a comment
            fuck. this is the one thing I fear the most studio-wise. that since the game is based on SBPR assets, that they'd have pretty much the same build & when that goes to the studio.. Well, it carries on SBPR's retarded studio aspects too. In addition to what you've said, I'm especially concerned with the way we're going to edit the IKs.

Oh boy, let's brush up our skills in moving joint controllers across the map just to rotate limbs again to get ready for this. Though, hopefully somewhere down the line they could actually afford implementing joint rotation axis ON the controllers. Though I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Well, at least the main game is still alright, and the studio is still workable. And at any rate, the studio's better than SBPR's graphic-wise

• roy12
            roy12 commented
            Editing a comment
            God damn it. If there's anything I hate is the way we have to move limbs here. Why can't we just have a rotation controller for each limb like in every decent poser?

Oh well, it's not like they care about outsiders opinions. I wonder what most japanese guys buying their games think about the poser.

• Well, almost done with the guide to make new heads. It's pretty damn long, and it's a very involved process, so don't expect to be done in a day.

Spoiler

Name:	image_297078.jpg
Size:	520.3 KB
ID:	5710416

Also, I've found a pretty reliable way to correctly position hairs. Turns out that, in Blender, in pose mode, if you position the root bone of the hair at the cf_J_FaceUp_ty bone of the face, the hair fits perfectly. Having that in mind, you can "piggy back" any hair easily to the head with this bone (in pose mode), make any adjustments, then set it back to its original position, without having to worry about moving it at all in SB3UGUI. I still don't understand why most games do this crap with hairs, having them at awkward positions.
          My blog, you can find my mods there too.

Comment

• Zombie00
            Zombie00 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm really interested on getting more guides, I really want to get into modding, made some attempts already, but no luck at modding in just some hat. I know a face would be far more difficult, but maybe a thorough guide on that would help me understand how to pull of simpler stuff.
            Thanks for your work, that Christie looks great.

• So i finished the bone customization (extended customization) or whatever you wanna call it.
          Its included in the latest shortcut plugin:
          http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...v0-3-2016-8-30

Read the changelog, updated install instructions, known issues, see the screenshot, try it yourself :-)

Comment

• Animat0r Woww...you really put all the bones in there. We can actually make Luffy Gear Forth with the plugin!! .

It's fun to play with and I really like it where you can adjust the size of the hands and feet. But gotta say it's difficult with that many joints. Oh well, having more is probably better than less and I think the mod is very well suit for fine tuning body parts.

akyryz is also making a customization plugin and I'm helping him out a bit with the data. The plugin modifies the character from customization screen. The changes can be saved and then loaded in H-scene and your plugin can run on top of it providing further transforms. It's almost done and I hope we can release it soon.

Comment

• Say, is there really no way to get non continuous UVs with seamless normals?

I'm trying to import the high heel platforms I imported in SBPR, but due to the nature of the mesh, unwrapping to a continuous UV for the biggest section causes black artifacts when the normals get recalculated (the UV is also horrible like that, I suppose it's because a lot of vertices get overlapped). If I section the UV into various islands, then no black artifacts happen, but then I get noticeable seams, even when using the lowest possible thresholds when recalculating normals.

I uploaded some pics to help explain what I mean.
              Attached Files
              My blog, you can find my mods there too.

Comment

• nneezz
                nneezz commented
                Editing a comment
                hard to tell from pics...can u upload the file?
                Last edited by nneezz; 09-02-2016, 05:20 AM.
            Working...
            X