Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] [Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Please discuss modding about Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) (HS) here.

==[ Modding tools ]=======================
    • SB3UGS note the Experimental Versions!

==[ Useful Links ]=======================
    Last edited by enimaroah; 01-29-2019, 01:35 AM.

• Originally posted by slyfer1 View Post
    Hi guys I have been modding Illusion games for a while now and wanted to get into making my own mods, clothing mostly. Is there a tutorial or guide for those new to the mod creation scene?
    This first thing you should do is to change your avatar. Guidelines are posted in the HF-Community Center. Even if we mod H-games some of us want to watch these threads at work.

In the Glossary you will find a small tutorial for making an item and other topics. If you start with skinned meshes without being aware what skinned meshes are it is more likely that you will give up. Begin simple! Explore the current content.

My recommended order for creating mods which contain geometry: items or unanimated accessories first, maps without anything animated, hair (any long strand will require to work with a simple skin, can be generated), body and clothes last (good skin and an understanding for Nml MBs required). Morphs and animations are a bit outside of that sequence. For the latter when you want to use animation retargeting you will need to understand what skeletons are.

Comment

• Hi,

I've had Foolboy's Fashion 00 mod installed for a while now, but it seems to have stopped working now. The hotpants and leggings no longer show up on my girls. I've checked with the SlotID utility and there is no conflict. I've changed the IDs via that utility to something else and have also changed them with SB3UGS but they still don't show up.

Can anyone help? Is this a CAB conflict?

Thanks,

OS

Comment

• Hi, can anyone here help identifying my story mode problem?

So in recent past i've keep adding mods mainly for studio purpose and keep checking whether its okay and so far there's no problem to be found. Apparently i didn't crosschecking the main story game. So when i try to check the story mode this problem occurs:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1 copy.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	5752222

In H-mode, neither interactive nor selection button are work, the H-move selection menu gone empty. If i click to character movement, my mouse just permanently dissapeared in-game.

I've already had the latest patch and also tried to fix it by repatching with full non-incremental patch but the problem still unsolved. So i assume it came from whether broken patch or conflicted mods which i couldn't tell because i've lost my track of which potential mods might cause this lol.

So is there any hint or anything i can do to fix it without doing such thing like reinstall the game entirely?

Comment

• Thinkin' about making a few mods, it would be pretty cute to have t-shirts and hoodies with the Arkham Senior High school logo on 'em. I'm pretty handy in Photoshop, so designing the texture itself wouldn't be a problem. How to apply that to a set of items and build a mod, however? I have no idea, never even attempted it. Any pointers?

Comment

• Clothes dont have a build-in texture replacement function.

So you would have put a copy of the clothes Animator and Nml MonoBehaviour in your geometry file, make the external material an internal, and place your texture for the clothes in that file. Then you would have to switch the submesh's material from the external to your internal, and reference your texture in that internal material in the diffuse slot.
            Then the new clothes must be linked into the game, similar to the tutorial for SBPR made by aastaroth (which is linked in the Glossary, like several others).

Keep in mind that you have to paint a breast shadow (the Nml MB reduces its effect for small chested girls).

Hm, I would say, that this is not the easiest mod to begin with modding. Any co-worker who volunteers to help? May be it is time for another tutorial.

Comment

• saint1228
              saint1228 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hmmm, that does sound pretty challenging. Figured I would use one of the vanilla gym shirts as a base, does that make sense? I dunno, just curious about the process, I guess. The only mod I've made so far is a really basic texture for SkinTexMod. Guess I'm ready to learn some new tricks, maybe.

• Right on then!

In the first step we make an exact copy of a shirt and link it into the game. It will be exactly like the original, but it serves as a base for further shirts. The process for other tops will be analog.

Make a copy of cf_t_mole_00.unity3d and give it a name you like, e.g. shirts_of_the_saint.unity3d. I always start with this small file, and you can make it even smaller by deleting the existing textures if you like.

Open the cf_top_00.unity3d. The Animator p_cf_body_top_25_02 is the blue gym top. Searching for the names of Animators will become clearer when we link your new shirt in the list file.
            You can inspect the contents of this Animator with a double click on it. In the Mesh tab on the left side of the Animator editor is a list the meshes. Select as I did and your renderer should look like this:
            Click image for larger version  Name:	ShirtCopy01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	197.1 KB ID:	5752377
            Note the warnings in the Log window! Errors and crashes of Sb3UGS (which you will hopefully not encounter) are shown there.

Get back to the name of the Animator in the File editor on the left and make sure that the Animator is selected. Attention! In my tutorials I often say,
            "From the file's menu". This is because every file has its own menu. The main menu is directly above the file's menu.
            From the file's menu click "Assets" / "Mark for Copying". The result should be that the name of the Animator will become underlined.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	ShirtCopy02.jpg Views:	1 Size:	39.8 KB ID:	5752378

Drag your geometry file shirts_of_the_saint.unity3d into Sb3UGS, if you haven't done so already.
            Then from that file's menu click "Paste All Marked".
            Click image for larger version  Name:	ShirtCopy03.jpg Views:	1 Size:	36.6 KB ID:	5752379

Before you have a look into the result, make the meshes disappear from the renderer by clicking into the white area where the meshes are listed.
            Then check the result, the meshes should be present in your copied Animator - with one difference! They lost their materials on the way. The original meshes use an external material. But that external file has not been declared for Sb3UGS to be used in your shirts_of_the_saint.unity3d. We keep it simple and search for the external material in order to make a copy of it in your file.

When we selected a mesh with an external material there was a warning in the Log window:
            Code:
            O_top00_a[0] has an external Material FileID=1 PathID=5474783654127248966
            Switch to the file cf_top_00.unity3d and unselect the Animator from it. A click into the white area there will do. From that file's menu click "View Data" (Alt V).
            The Log window ends with:
            Code:
            References
               FileID=1: guid=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 type=0 filePath="" assetPath="archive:/cab-5466dc028fdd83cec70e1fc270b648fb/cab-5466dc028fdd83cec70e1fc270b648fb"
            Aha, uh!? As a helper for searching that CAB-String use from the file's Options menu / "Dump AssetBundle" and wait a long time - some 5 - 10 minutes for this big file!
            The Log window:
            Code:
            ABName=chara/cf_top_00.unity3d
            dependencies=1
               mat_cha_00.unity3d
            isStreamedSceneAB=False
            Note the order may not reflect the FileID! The AssetBundle information is only a hint. Unity uses the CAB-String, not the filename.

Drag mat_cha_00.unity3d into Sb3UGS, then go to the original Animator p_cf_body_top_25_02 and click on the shirt mesh again. This will resolve the external Material into the name cf_M_top25_00_d_02. This information is also present now in the Object Tree.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	ShirtCopy04.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.3 KB ID:	5752380
            From the main menu use "Tools" / "Open Workspace" or press Ctrl-W. Then drag the Material node into the Workspace. Repeat that with the Textures node.

Then drag both nodes back, but into the destination Animator your copy! Begin with the Textures. When you do the Material afterwards all texture slots are filled automatically.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	ShirtCopy05.jpg Views:	1 Size:	94.3 KB ID:	5752381
            We are nearly done. Select the mesh O_top00_a and switch its submesh's material to the local one that we just merged.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	ShirtCopy06.jpg Views:	1 Size:	103.6 KB ID:	5752382 unselect the submesh to switch off the highlighted submesh. Click image for larger version  Name:	ShirtCopy06a.jpg Views:	1 Size:	45.9 KB ID:	5752383
            Dont forget mesh O_top00_b!

Edit:
            I forgot the Nml MB. See the post below for those steps.

From your file's File menu click "Save .unity3d" or press Ctrl-S. The file and related editor should lose their mark for being changed "*".
            Last edited by enimaroah; 01-05-2017, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Solstar
              Solstar commented
              Editing a comment
              wait, where are we to get mat_cha_00.unity3d ?

• Make a copy of abdata\list\characustom\00.unity3d and name it shirts_of_the_saint_00.unity3d. Drag into Sb3UGS. Select all TextAssets but cf_f_top_00 and delete them from the file's Asset menu / Attention! / Remove.

Double click cf_f_top_00 to open it. Select all lines, then exclude 205086 and press the "Delete" key.

Name:	ShirtLink1.jpg
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	5752403
            Then adapt the four marked values. The ID must be unique across the whole game where the first three digits are a predefined category. The name is what you see in the clothes selection of the maker. The next value is an AssetBundleManifest which is required when you would use external resources. Make it blank. Last value to adapt is the filepath to your geometry file.

After your changes press the "Apply" button at the bottom!!! There is a small bug in Sb3UGS: when you save the file the mark for the change "*" is removed from the editor, but the contents is shown unchanged BUT unApplied! And so the file contains the old content.

Done! Save the file and check the result in the maker. The entry is shown and the copy of the shirt is visible. But - because we started with the mole texture file - if you start fresh and select a mole first, then your shirt is invisible.

Name:	ShirtCopy-CABStringError.jpg
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	5752404

I forgot to change the CAB-String of shirts_of_the_saint.unity3d in the upper tutorial. This error is reported in the output_log.txt file:
            Code:
            The AssetBundle 'D:/HoneySelect/HoneySelect_64_Data/../abdata/chara/shirts_of_the_saint.unity3d' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.
            Change one hex digit of your geometry file's shirts_of_the_saint.unity3d CAB-String:

Name:	ShirtLink2.jpg
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	5752405
            Hex digits are 0-9 and A-F. The result must be a unique CAB-String across the whole game. Then save the file again and check with a mole selection first.
            Last edited by enimaroah; 01-05-2017, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• saint1228
              saint1228 commented
              Editing a comment
              So, the material and texture, I can dig these out of the dumped assets and edit them in Photoshop, or...?

• kuronohonoo
              kuronohonoo commented
              Editing a comment
              My shirt is invisible, what mean by (select a mole first)? How can I fix it? Thank you

• Not from the Workspace! But as soon as you have a Texture in a file you can Export / "Replace ..." it from the file's menu or from the Texture editor (Export). The Texture editor's Replace and "Add Image" work in combination with textures being dragged into Sb3UGs. A new File window with the name "Images" opens on the left side.

Editing Materials in Photoshop?! I dont think so. You can use the Material editor in Sb3UGS.
            Last edited by enimaroah; 01-05-2017, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• saint1228
              saint1228 commented
              Editing a comment
              What does this mean? Does my new unity.3d file need to be in a specific folder?

"Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
              Loading C:\Users\Jonas\Downloads\ahs_gym_shirt1.unity3d another time cancelled.
              Warning! Avatar computed for Transform cf_J_Root as skeleton root.
              Sound resource must be placed into a folder with the original folder structure!"

• Yes, Unity5 files have to be inside the game folders or in an exactly identical folder hierarchy. And that even though there are no sound resources inside.

Sb3UGS makes backups by default. So there is no need to worry about original files. The original is always present as .bak0.unit-y3d file which is ignored by the game (except for AssetBundleManifest files in abdata folder).
            Last edited by enimaroah; 01-05-2017, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Great tutorial so far; really happy to learn this stuff. Now for editing the texture itself...?

Comment

• Hello Guys, Greetings to all of you . If I may ask something I hope someone could help.
              This is a problem I have been wondering about since playclub and now with honey select:
              1/First did anyone notice graphic quality difference between the studio and the game (lighting and texture reflection and filtering are much better in the studio)
              2/can anyone pont to me a direction to work on to make the game have the same graphicquality as the studio (I can not find any settings cfg file or such for that )

Maybe this will be a good idea for a mod . If you can give me a clue I can work on it and post it .
              PS: all my settings Are maxed out both nvidia cpanel and the game settings (quality from launcher) also using maximum quality reshade mod founf in hongfire .

Thank you for any ideas and help you can provide . LOVE to all of you and keep up the good work

Comment

• saint1228,

That's quite a fast success. Congratulations!

Unity creates new CAB-Strings each time you build your project. So there might be a time component in it or it is random. Important is only the format "CAB-" + 32 hex digits for these files, but I have seen CAB-Strings with an additional hex digit. Unity4 allowed "CAB-" + {filename} regardless of length. Keep the same length and it is fine.

Jepp, export the texture, edit, replace, done :-) You dont need to create a new file for each variant. Just Paste another Animator into your geometry file. Rename the source Animator before pasting, if you want to use one with an existing name in your file.

Comment

• saint1228
                  saint1228 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think I'm getting the hang of it. How do I duplicate an Animator?

Also, what are the steps to replace the texture?
                  Last edited by saint1228; 01-05-2017, 02:18 PM.

• When you "Mark(ed) For Copying" and "Paste(d) All Marked" the Animator into your file, you duplicated it.

But in all the haste I forgot the Nml MonoBehaviour. It can be found the "MonoB. & Other" tab of the file. Clothes for the top have an MB which is named like the Animator (except for the last "_{digit}") and ends with _Nml. First unselect the Animator in cf_top_00.unity3d (you dont want to copy it again yet). Then select the MB in "MonoB. & Other" and click "Mark for Copying". Head over to your geometry file and click "Paste All Marked" there. Without this Nml MB flat chested girls get an ugly shadow.

For texture replacement use the Texture editor in your Animator editor. Select the one linked in the Material's diffuse slot. In the Material editor you can select the texture from the cross reference list below the materials. When the texture is selected click Export in the Texture editor.

When you are done in PS, drag the result into Sb3UGS. Select the texture in the Image list on the left side. Use the same Texture editor to "Replace".
                Last edited by enimaroah; 01-05-2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• saint1228
                  saint1228 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "p_cf_body_top_25_nml," is that correct?

• I'm still not sure how to add additional Animation slots to the existing file, in fact, I don't even know how I ended up with two in this one.

Also, when I apply a new texture, it works just great, but it applies the same texture to both Animations. What am I doing wrong there?

Comment

• ore0
                  ore0 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  saint1228 you must've selected both when you marked them for copying (I assume you mean Animators and not Animations). Unfortunately you can't remove Animator under Assets->Attention!->Remove, so if you don't want both of the Animators in your file, you'll have to start over (unless enimaroah knows of a way).

I assume both Animators have the same material assigned to them. So even if you replace the texture, since it's the same material, it applies to both Animators.

• saint1228
                  saint1228 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So...rename the material?

• Just out of curiosity would it be possible to mod this game for use with a Kiiroo Onyx? I know it works great with the HTC Vive and the VR patch that Eusth developed, but this would really be some next-level stuff if it can be done.

Comment

Working...
                X