Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] [Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Please discuss modding about Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) (HS) here.

==[ Modding tools ]=======================
    • SB3UGS note the Experimental Versions!

==[ Useful Links ]=======================
    Last edited by enimaroah; 01-29-2019, 01:35 AM.

I went through the thread pages quickly to make sure, but I can't be certain if I missed it or not...
    I see lots of people have issues with importing things into the demo, and I saw a lot of technical mumbo jumbo relating to these things, but I assume importing the SBPR clothes is currently complicated?
    I really do want the "extreme bikini" from SBPR, but I'm still figuring out how to mod on that game in the first place so I'm not exactly sure I could do much more than copy-paste into abdata and mark up the new additions (which I assume wouldn't work?)...

Comment

@ramoram
      The number of joints has been reduced in every body part for HS rig, not just the feet. Compare to SBPR, HS rig is more robust. It has been optimised while maintaining the same functionalities of customisation and animation and this is good news. I believe the reason behind this is the introduction of live fluid simulation. With the old SBPR rig the game performance will be very poor.

@aastaroth
      I haven't checked it thoroughly but the *_s joints shouldn't be in pair with joint without *_s. Normally the *_s_*, *_h_*, *_ss_* joints are for customisation ( s stands for size I guess, and h is height ) and these joints won't be used in animation. Illusion removed all the h/ss joints leaving only s. Therefore, *_s_* / *_h_* / *_ss_* in SBPR should match *_s_* inHS. The same goes for non-s/h/ss in SBPR should match non-s in HS.

Comment

nneezz thanks for the info....

Well here are another previews:
        Spoiler
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	5679987

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	5679988

Name:	Untitled-3.jpg
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	5679989

**I removed the toes and exported back to mesh. Funny thing is it's size increase to twice! From 1401Kb to 3515 Kb.
        **Did the port and put the cf_O_boots_00 on cf_O_shoes_weastern set to "Copy Nearest"
        **It is successful only problem is vertices exceeds 64k

So in HS the extra toes is useless.... and don't know what other minor bones are removed... I need to know why vertcies exceeded to 64k after removing Toes02_R and Toes02_L joints.

Comment

Originally posted by ramoram View Post
          nneezz thanks for the info....

Well here are another previews:
          Spoiler
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5679987[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5679988[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5679989[/ATTACH]

**I removed the toes and exported back to mesh. Funny thing is it's size increase to twice! From 1401Kb to 3515 Kb.
          **Did the port and put the cf_O_boots_00 on cf_O_shoes_weastern set to "Copy Nearest"
          **It is successful only problem is vertices exceeds 64k

So in HS the extra toes is useless.... and don't know what other minor bones are removed... I need to know why vertcies exceeded to 64k after removing Toes02_R and Toes02_L joints.
          Perhaps that would be because a single bone is handling the vertices of bones that are now gone?

Comment

Originally posted by linkerman View Post

Perhaps that would be because a single bone is handling the vertices of bones that are now gone?
            Thanks for the info. I also thought that at first place when it happened. But I don't know the co-relation of vertices and it's bones.

Comment

Originally posted by ramoram View Post

Thanks for the info. I also thought that at first place when it happened. But I don't know the co-relation of vertices and it's bones.
              Well, when I used Blender and messed with bones, I found out that bones have set areas on the mesh.

Those areas are known as "weights"
              hense "weight painting"

Spoiler

It's normally done by having a set intensity for a given bone over a vertice. (In this case the red zone is the highest intensity, green is between max and minimum, and blue is null.

Say, if the intensity of said vertice is 0.5, then when the bone would be moved, the vertex would only follow half of the motion, while one that has 1.0 intensity will follow the bone completely.

Weights for different bones can overlap, though SB3UGS only lets you have 4 overlapping at any given time.

What I'm thinking happened is that Maya may have automatically redistributed the weights of the bones removed to the weights of the closest bone, and is showing you the size of a given bone by how many vertices are in the weight,
              but I've never used Maya, so I couldn't tell you for sure

It'd probably be something to bring to that one 3d program thread I saw at some point.

Anyways, if you're looking for a correlation, it's weights. I know there's a way to mess with them in Maya, but I haven't played with it.

Actually, has this ever happened when you removed a bone from another completely random mesh?

Comment

Wether Maya redistributes weights or not can be set (Weight Normalization). But the operation ramoram might want to test is to remove such influences instead of removing bones. When a mesh has no influence for a specific bone in Maya then the ImportedMesh in Sb3UGS doesn't have that bone any longer.

["Merge" and "Replace" in the next sentences means the Method, not the options for Bones!] In order to retain all bones during replacement you would use the "Merge" method. But the weights of the removed influences will be gone. Unity sometimes has problems with a minimized set of bones. If you would use "Replace" then you will see which bones are really imported and used, but Unity often has a problem with that.

Attention! The screenshot shows weights together with the selection in the Outliner. But with Paint Skin Weights tool activated the removal wouldn't work. Switch to the Select tool when removing influences!

Name:	RemoveInfluence.jpg
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	5680124

Originally posted by Rasengetsu View Post
                I went through the thread pages quickly to make sure, but I can't be certain if I missed it or not...
                I see lots of people have issues with importing things into the demo, and I saw a lot of technical mumbo jumbo relating to these things, but I assume importing the SBPR clothes is currently complicated?
                I really do want the "extreme bikini" from SBPR, but I'm still figuring out how to mod on that game in the first place so I'm not exactly sure I could do much more than copy-paste into abdata and mark up the new additions (which I assume wouldn't work?)...
                SBPR is Unity4, HS is Unity5 - copying any files has a very low chance of success. Meshes have been redesigned, so porting costumes means much manual work and requires knowledge. I tried my best to make working in Sb3UGS feel the same for Unity4 and Unity5, but there are differences still. And there are differences between the games - see the analysis from nneezz above.
                Last edited by enimaroah; 06-22-2016, 06:34 AM.

Comment

linkerman Actually this the first problem I am having. I looked at the boot and sure hell it has alot of vertices..... alot....

enimaroah I did it. Porting works but still shows error of 64k vertices... But there is a reduce in size from 3515 to 3511 Kb lolz.... But I still have to confirm your theory with SBPR vanilla boots. I will post here, give me some few mintues.

Edit:

Ok. I used SBPR vanilla shoes, selected "cf_shoes_00>p_cf_shoes_01_00" and used HS "cf_shoes_00>p_cf_shoes_weastern"
                  Now I followed your suggestion and tested it. It worked. The shoes is replaced with SBPR vanilla shoes. Used both method used "Replace" and "Copy Nearest".
                  Spoiler

Name:	Shoes.jpg
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	5680162

But game crashes when I clicked on the shoes to test.....
                  Last edited by ramoram; 06-22-2016, 09:23 AM.

Comment

I'll repeat your test later tonight. First I want to make a little more sure that you guys dont fall over the size problem and will release a better version.

It will still happen that sizes close to 16M and 32M might get a wrong header, but I dont have the time to find out the exact byte length where to switch over to the next threshold. So if your files will be close to such insert an unused asset e.g. a texture which clearly pushes you over. And dont use files < 128k length as template for your creations.

Other problems, like with file cf_swim_00.unity3d and sound files are not fixed yet.

Also, fixed hard crash of Sb3UGS when corrupted or unsupported meshes were selected and shown in the renderer. E.g. in \abdata\trial\map.unity3d

SB3UGS_v1.0.53delta - mirror
                    Last edited by enimaroah; 06-22-2016, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Hello, may I ask a question about the list of HS here? I know I have to change the CAB-string in SB3GUS when I edited list. But regardless of how many times I changed, I still had the white skin bug. That meant I kept getting the invalid CAB-strings. By the way, the item I transfered was not clothes, hair or shoes etc., but the accessory.

My procedure to change it:

At first, I made sure that everything was match. Then, I compared the official list 00.unity3d and Mr. Aastaroth's list. I changed some digits to let the CAB-string be unique (most of the digits stayed the same) in the CABinet in SB3GUS. Before saving, I uncheck the [Automatic Renaming].

So did I miss any step or do anything wrong?

Comment

For Colorable clothes SBPR used 4E37 but in HS it use 4E2D.... The things I know this far that replacing accessories and shoes causes to crash the game but I still need to see if I can prevent the accessories from crashing the game...
                        In game preview of colorable tops...... i love the outfit.... [tops, bottom, panty (hostler)] pending at the moment [shoes, accessories (pistols) and hair]

Spoiler

Name:	Lara.jpg
Size:	240.1 KB
ID:	5680196

EDIT:

For tops, I didn't have any problem porting it. No missing bones error message. I think the HS and SBPR follow similar bones for top clothings....
                        Last edited by ramoram; 06-22-2016, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RyuuChiSen View Post
                          Hello, may I ask a question about the list of HS here? I know I have to change the CAB-string in SB3GUS when I edited list. But regardless of how many times I changed, I still had the white skin bug. That meant I kept getting the invalid CAB-strings. By the way, the item I transfered was not clothes, hair or shoes etc., but the accessory.

My procedure to change it:

At first, I made sure that everything was match. Then, I compared the official list 00.unity3d and Mr. Aastaroth's list. I changed some digits to let the CAB-string be unique (most of the digits stayed the same) in the CABinet in SB3GUS. Before saving, I uncheck the [Automatic Renaming].

So did I miss any step or do anything wrong?
                          When you make your own TextAsset and put it into a separate file in abdata\list\characustom_trial, the CAB-String does NOT have to be unique and the same in SBPR! A unique CAB-String was and may be is still required in your mod file in abdata\chara.

There is still a rule for those Unity5 CAB-Strings I dont know: when are they 37 characters long and when 36? So when you start with a copy a *.unity3d file from abdata\chara to make your own mod, never change the length of the string to anything else but 36 or 37. SB3UGS doesn't change the CAB-String automatically for Unity5 files, regardless of the automatic setting. If you think that you made no other error and the game refuses your file then try the other length of your CAB-String.

Comment

Originally posted by enimaroah View Post
                            When you make your own TextAsset and put it into a separate file in abdata\list\characustom_trial, the CAB-String does NOT have to be unique and the same in SBPR! A unique CAB-String was and may be is still required in your mod file in abdata\chara.

There is still a rule for those Unity5 CAB-Strings I dont know: when are they 37 characters long and when 36? So when you start with a copy a *.unity3d file from abdata\chara to make your own mod, never change the length of the string to anything else but 36 or 37. SB3UGS doesn't change the CAB-String automatically for Unity5 files, regardless of the automatic setting. If you think that you made no other error and the game refuses your file then try the other length of your CAB-String.
                            Sir, actually, I never changed the length of the CAB-string in the list. I only replaced some digits, so the length of the digit still were the same. After removing the list I made in abdata\list\characustom_trial, the game returned to be normal. Therefore, I guessed the list I made caused the white skin bug.

Besides the white skin bug, when I put the list I made into abdata\list\characustom_trial, the name of the item didn't show up in the game, either.

Now, I have no idea how to fix it.
                            Last edited by RyuuChiSen; 06-22-2016, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Accessories seem to be different to other items. Neither as standalone nor extending existing list works. No workaround currently, sorry.

Comment

@Bond Travolta
                                I've imported one of my hair MOD in SBPR, using p_cf_hair_83_back as template (including its original material), and the answer is "YES"! Even I shuffled the order of submeshes of the hair in Metaseq, then assemble them into one Single Mesh before importing to the game, the alpha map can still work quite normal. By now I have not tried other Animators or materials yet
                                Spoiler

@
                                Belgar17 @Stampar @FutaBoy
                                BTW, I have some resources from POSER and TheKlub17 (3DSexVilla2). Since I'm not good at weighting and making animations, is there anyone interested in making some dynamic Uncensor MOD? I can provide resources like these:

Spoiler

Name:	HS-4.jpg
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	5680485

Name:	HS-5.jpg
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	5680486

Comment