Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] [Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Please discuss modding about Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) (HS) here.

==[ Modding tools ]=======================
    • SB3UGS note the Experimental Versions!

==[ Useful Links ]=======================
    Last edited by enimaroah; 01-29-2019, 01:35 AM.

• Aha, then you didn't import any asset but created a reference to an external Material instead.

But without also creating an AssetBundleManifest you might experience pink meshes. Defining external Materials does NOT automatically make sure that the external file is loaded! Usually referencing mat_cha_00.unity3d is no problem, but any other could lead to pink meshes because of this.

The more general approach would be to open a Material & Texture Animator from the file which hosts the material and shader you want to use. Then drag the material from that Object Tree into a workspace. Drag the material from the workspace into your destination Object Tree. This way you dont need to define any External Reference, and AssetBundleManifest. Material and Shaders will be local to the file. The only disadvantage is that Material and Shaders have to be transported to the gpu an additional time and cost extra memory. So external Materials and Shaders can save resources.

Copy & Paste functions are in the Assets menu. See the post linked in the Glossary about "Copy & Paste" of Materials.
    Last edited by enimaroah; 07-06-2017, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• shinki
      shinki commented
      Editing a comment
      In this case I was indeed referencing mat_cha_00.unity3d, as it was a vanilla mesh. So I guess I lucked out this time. But at least now I know how to do the general approach, many thanks for the help. Wouldn't you also need to drag the textures into the workspace as well? I guess that depends on if you need them or not.

So it's the Copy to Clipboard and Paste from Clipboard options in the Assets menu? I was trying to use that with the materials, and got a error in the log. I now know why, as it's only for TextAssets, MonoBehaviours and Shaders. Makes sense.

If anyone is interested and unsure where the workspace is, you access it in the tools menu in the top menu bar, or you can also press Ctrl+W to also bring it up.
      Last edited by shinki; 07-06-2017, 08:13 PM.

• Textures can be transported via the workspace as well, and doing so before the material enables Sb3UGS to reference textures in the material automatically. The critical difference is that transporting textures later is no problem, regardless which function you use while in contrast to use "Paste all Marked" to transport a Shader might kill some Material's attributes upon assignment of the Shader.

The two Paste functions in the Assets menu each have a tooltip which explains their usage. While Shaders, TextAssets and textual MonoBehaviours can be converted to text Sb3UGS got functions for exchange with the clipboard. But Materials aren't converted into text, and you would use "Mark for Copying" on it, switch to a destination file in which you would use "Paste all Marked".

Comment

• enimaroah
      Just wanted to say thanks again for all the updates you did to SB3U, I was able to come up with some pretty fun stuff, for BA in particular!
      Now let's just hope that Illusion gets rid of these hardcoded shenanigans so that we can actually share our work. xD

Spoiler

shinki
      I must have been asleep during classes, I didn't know about that hint regarding Ctrl+W! (That, or I forgot over time) Much thanks for that handy hint!

Regards,
      Snooley

Comment

• Thanks for your report, Snooley!

I guess it will depend on usage of BA-servers and feedback whether Illusion decides to open this limited feature or not. An official update with additional effects could use it then.

Is Princess Bernadette safe from such attacks? I hope you also have some defence for her?

From time to time you could walk through the menus. All shortcuts like Ctrl-W are shown there.

Comment

• Snooley
          Snooley commented
          Editing a comment
          Aw, you remember Bernadette?
          She is still thankful for you fixing her hair a few years ago! I learned a lot on that day, so thanks! : D

• this is what i have now but i cannot resize

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.png
Views:	1
Size:	529.9 KB
ID:	5807927

Comment

• hentaiotaku
          hentaiotaku commented
          Editing a comment
          Could you upload the napkin mod? I have created some item mods for Illusion's previous games, so I might be able to help you.

• Originally posted by jasonxx View Post
        this is what i have now but i cannot resize

Size:	529.9 KB
ID:	5807927
        The reason is probably that you did not convert the SkinnedMeshRenderer into a MeshRenderer. I described a few pages back.

Comment

• thanks to Snooley and enimaroah who gave me guidance in moding this is what i have now

Size:	468.4 KB
ID:	5808124

Comment

• I have a problem about how to eliminate seams of normal textures
            Spoiler

Name:	seam-1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	5810311

Name:	seam-2.jpg
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	5810312

Name:	seam-3.jpg
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	5810313

As you can see in the images, seams of the side of body is relatively easy to deal with, because they are all straight line. However, seams near shoulder are more difficult due to the different pattern of arm and body area.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Neerhom
              Neerhom commented
              Editing a comment
              the easiest way (and i'd say the right way) to load the map and body model into a 3d modeling software (Blender being an option) map the texture to model, and remove seems on the model itself.

• Neerhom
            Thanks for your advice. You remind me that both Photoshop and 3DXMAX also have similar function.
            However, here's another problem. it seems back area near the shoulder and neck of normal textures for HS body have reverse color.

Name:	seam-4.jpg
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	5810425

How to edit this area? should I reverse the color manually first and reverse again after editing the seams?

Comment

• Neerhom
              Neerhom commented
              Editing a comment
              plasticmind
              it just occurred to me, that removing seems on normal map directly is not a great idea, as color represents x,y,z direction of the normals, which complicates matters when editing. so the best solution would be to generate bump/displacement map from it, which are grayscale, remove seems on that and generate normal map from it

• plasticmind
              plasticmind commented
              Editing a comment
              Neerhom Yes, I also tried that. But looks like normal maps have more information than any other maps, you can't restore it as good as before. I don't know whether there's any trick to convert low poly + normal map to high poly.

• Neerhom
              Neerhom commented
              Editing a comment
              @plasticmind
              They do, but it is a different type of data. In normal map the RGB channels correspond x y z(not sure if respectively) values for normal's vector. The bump/displacement maps are grayscale and contain height values relative to initial geometry, with 128, usually, representing undistorted geometry.
              While generating normal map from displacement/bump is easy, going the other way around appears rather tricky and would require some guesswork/artistic approach to get similar result, because initial height values are absent.

Creating high poly from low poly+normal map isn't difficult, but it would require deriving a displacement map from normal or other map first. After that you just subdivide the low poly, load displacement, maybe toss some sculpting and generate normal map from resulting model.

Alternative would be to complete sculpt the high poly from low poly following a suitable map.

• Neerhom
            unfortunately, Texture in this image is exactly loaded as Diffuse. I just put two grey scale image into different channel of one image.
            "Normal maps" of HS is unlike other games, they only use two grey scale image, one in the RGB channel, the other in Alpha channel.
            If I separate these two grey scale image into independent file and load them as Diffuse, they still look like this

Spoiler

As for the seems in geometry, I make all textures the body uses into monochrome, and I get this in the game

Name:	seam-7.jpg
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	5810447

So I think at least in this case, seams caused by model itself could be ignored, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by GCHAOS1216 View Post
              Neerhom
              unfortunately, Texture in this image is exactly loaded as Diffuse. I just put two grey scale image into different channel of one image.
              "Normal maps" of HS is unlike other games, they only use two grey scale image, one in the RGB channel, the other in Alpha channel.
              If I separate these two grey scale image into independent file and load them as Diffuse, they still look like this

Spoiler

As for the seems in geometry, I make all textures the body uses into monochrome, and I get this in the game
              Click image for larger version  Name:	seam-7.jpg Views:	1 Size:	46.2 KB ID:	5810447

So I think at least in this case, seams caused by model itself could be ignored, right?
              Well, the normal map would usually make normals o vertices to not show seems in shading, so you shouldn't worry about them in-game. What matters here is the map doesn't show seems when map onto model as diffuse. I can see the first two images, but i'd assume that they do show seems, which is not good.
              I've mentioned seems in geometry, because when removing seems on the map, having shading seems on top of them would be rather counter-productive. Not to mention that software might have troubles with painting over split geometry.
              As far as grayscale images go, it should be rather easy to fix seems, as you just load it as diffuse an paint over them on the model.
              As for the purple stuff i'm not really sure. My best guess would be to split it into channels, edit and recombine. Or you could try generating normal map from a grayscale image.
              Making futa/yuri master model
              CM3D to CM3D2 mod porting
              Lesbian dual vibrator fix
              Furry maid set
              CM3D2.CategoryUnlocker
              COM3D2.ModLoader
              COM3D2.CategoryCreator

Comment

• GCHAOS1216
                GCHAOS1216 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for your explanation! Anyway, it seems there will be a quite arduous work

• Hi guys, some discussion on another board about enabling breast collision in game led to this piece of code https://hastebin.com/wujidaqoli.go . Basically there are ik spheres that can be moved and the breasts collide with them, presumably this is how breasts are squished in the wall doggy animation and the like. The guy that presented the code doesn't have the desire to make it into a mod so I'm just curious about how to turn this into a plug in, or perhaps if someone wanted to use it to add to an existing plug-in like @Animat0r in his shortcuts plug in?

I'm not sure how you even enable this code in the game, other than it is an existing "feature" in the game that isn't enabled by default and I assume this code enables it but without any sort of UI.

Comment

• Hello.
                Today i try to change some texture for some cloth, but when install my mod the texture that i change are write. Click image for larger version  Name:	Senza nome.jpg Views:	2 Size:	95.7 KB ID:	5810671
                PS: It's the model i use for this test are write
                Attached Files
                Last edited by MakotoYuki90; 07-24-2017, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MakotoYuki90 View Post
                  Hello.
                  Today i try to change some texture for some cloth, but when install my mod the texture that i change are write. Click image for larger version Name:	Senza nome.jpg Views:	2 Size:	95.7 KB ID:	5810671
                  PS: It's the model i use for this test are write
                  Sorry, but if you provide so little information then you should attach your workfiles: list file and geometry file.

Or, you would have to add many screenshots or write whether you used an internal or external material, material attributes, all used slots of the material, texture attributes, used alpha layers and so forth. I think attaching the workfiles is easier.

Comment

• First, when you create your own file for the geometry you should use a file without Animator. The advantage is that you produce less overhead for Unity. So it would have been better to use cf_t_mole_00.unity3d as a template than cf_bra_00.unity3d. As described in my tutorials you would Copy & Paste one Animator from cf_bra_00.unity3d for hosting your geometry, e.g. p_cf_bra_00_00 and optionally you can rename it like you did.

Second, your submesh still uses the original material from mat_cha_00.unity3d! This leaves your inserted textures unreferenced and useless in your geometry file.
                  Please read the tutorial about "Make your own clothes / texture variant" linked in the Glossary, especially the step where the material is made local to the geometry file. The "small excursion about external materials and textures" has more info about this.

Edit:
                  After these corrections, you will see the bra in game, but you will not see your cloud painted on the bra. Why? The bra mesh uses mirrored UVs. The left side is like the right side, but using mirrored texture coordinates. So you kind of painted on the wrong side of the texture. See the attachment. I mirrored your texture, and now the painted cloud is visible but on both sides. That is correct! And you can see this behaviour before testing in the game by the tangents which are the red and blue lines. [The mirroring can not be changed by changing the tangents though. But they let you see by their direction and colour that the mesh has mirrored UVs.]
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by enimaroah; 07-25-2017, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X