Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] [Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Please discuss modding about Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) (HS) here.

==[ Modding tools ]=======================
    • SB3UGS note the Experimental Versions!

==[ Useful Links ]=======================
    Last edited by enimaroah; 01-29-2019, 01:35 AM.

• I don't think I've ever posted here before despite having such an old account, but I have need of modding wizard help. I'm wondering if it's at all possible to have a completely unique modified body mesh that doesn't override the original. I know you can have unique head models but I'm not sure if you can do the same with a whole body.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent0range View Post
      I don't think I've ever posted here before despite having such an old account, but I have need of modding wizard help. I'm wondering if it's at all possible to have a completely unique modified body mesh that doesn't override the original. I know you can have unique head models but I'm not sure if you can do the same with a whole body.
      Costumes have their own body mesh for half naked and fully dressed state. Regardless of the costume they all use the same naked mesh. So even if you would create a new costume with a modified body, all other costumes would be unaffected.

If you want a modified look over all costumes then you would need to modify the animations for the sliders. And even then you would not have another independent body type, because you could not switch back to the original look without writing a plugin.

Comment

• Hi guys
        I'm looking at some tutorials to create mods, And I was wondering if it is possible to change the mesh of the legs to get this effect
        I searched through google, but I didn't find find anything about that
        Attached Files
        Last edited by metalcorey; 07-29-2017, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by metalcorey View Post
          Hi guys
          I'm looking at some tutorials to create mods, And I was wondering if it is possible to change the mesh of the legs to get this effect
          I searched through google, but I didn't find find anything about that
          A solution without having to write a plugin would be limited to using the top clothes category. A top would need the two body meshes with the changed legs (fully dressed and half naked).

Choosing this top clothes would not look good with original stockings. You would need to create at least one pair of stockings for combining, optionally more. These stockings would cut into the legs when the girl is fully naked. In full naked state the effect is gone.

The body meshes of top clothes differ from each other. So the change for the legs would have to be done for many tops separately. And all those would need to be made as independent tops.

Comment

• Originally posted by enimaroah View Post

A solution without having to write a plugin would be limited to using the top clothes category. A top would need the two body meshes with the changed legs (fully dressed and half naked).

Choosing this top clothes would not look good with original stockings. You would need to create at least one pair of stockings for combining, optionally more. These stockings would cut into the legs when the girl is fully naked. In full naked state the effect is gone.

The body meshes of top clothes differ from each other. So the change for the legs would have to be done for many tops separately. And all those would need to be made as independent tops.
            OK thank you very much.
            I think I understand how to do it, as soon as I have time, I will do some tests.
            For the full naked state, exist another solution? Can I directly modify the mesh of the body?

Comment

• Originally posted by metalcorey View Post

OK thank you very much.
              I think I understand how to do it, as soon as I have time, I will do some tests.
              For the full naked state, exist another solution? Can I directly modify the mesh of the body?
              Let me clarify how the body meshes are used in the game. There is only 1 full body mesh which is used when the character is completely naked, wearing just bra and/or panties, wearing a swimsuit, wearing just a bottom (skirt, shorts, pants) without any top. This single mesh is used by all the characters in the game.

Then inside each piece on the top category (shirts, dresses, etc.) there are 2 custom body meshes used only while wearing that specific top. The first body mesh is used with the top been displayed in the full clothed state and the second body mesh is used when the top is in the half naked state. Things like bras, panties, shoes, socks, pantyhose, swimtops, and swimbottoms have no effect on which body mesh is being displayed. The tops are the only thing that switch bodies meshes.

If you create a special top with custom bodies for the socks like you want, it will display you special body when the top is in the full clothed or the half naked state. This top will display the custom body regardless of the socks that are being use. Because you would have to edit the meshes for a specific size of socks, they wouldn't display properly without socks or with any other size. If you use a non adjusted top or if you remove this top completely so that the full naked body mesh is used instead, the effect is also lost. You could create a dummy top, like a invisible shirt, to display a naked body with the socks, but this wouldn't allow you to use swimsuits with the socks and you will have to switch between tops manually.

You can edit the full naked body mesh for you socks, but because the same mesh is used with all the characters, it means that all your girls would have to use the same socks size all the time (wherever they are naked, in underwear or in swimsuits) or they will look deformed when not wearing them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Belgar17 View Post

Let me clarify how the body meshes are used in the game. There is only 1 full body mesh which is used when the character is completely naked, wearing just bra and/or panties, wearing a swimsuit, wearing just a bottom (skirt, shorts, pants) without any top. This single mesh is used by all the characters in the game.

Then inside each piece on the top category (shirts, dresses, etc.) there are 2 custom body meshes used only while wearing that specific top. The first body mesh is used with the top been displayed in the full clothed state and the second body mesh is used when the top is in the half naked state. Things like bras, panties, shoes, socks, pantyhose, swimtops, and swimbottoms have no effect on which body mesh is being displayed. The tops are the only thing that switch bodies meshes.

If you create a special top with custom bodies for the socks like you want, it will display you special body when the top is in the full clothed or the half naked state. This top will display the custom body regardless of the socks that are being use. Because you would have to edit the meshes for a specific size of socks, they wouldn't display properly without socks or with any other size. If you use a non adjusted top or if you remove this top completely so that the full naked body mesh is used instead, the effect is also lost. You could create a dummy top, like a invisible shirt, to display a naked body with the socks, but this wouldn't allow you to use swimsuits with the socks and you will have to switch between tops manually.

You can edit the full naked body mesh for you socks, but because the same mesh is used with all the characters, it means that all your girls would have to use the same socks size all the time (wherever they are naked, in underwear or in swimsuits) or they will look deformed when not wearing them.
                Oh wow, Thank you so much Belgar, You've been really exhaustive
                I recently started to watch tutorials, so I had no idea how the game manages the various parts of the body...In fact, there are still a lot of things I need to understand
                I will try to apply your explanation, to what I want to do

Comment

• Originally posted by enimaroah View Post

Costumes have their own body mesh for half naked and fully dressed state. Regardless of the costume they all use the same naked mesh. So even if you would create a new costume with a modified body, all other costumes would be unaffected.

If you want a modified look over all costumes then you would need to modify the animations for the sliders. And even then you would not have another independent body type, because you could not switch back to the original look without writing a plugin.
                  I wonder if that uncensor plugin could work for this. Since it replaces meshes when the associated accessory is equipped, maybe it could be used to replace the entire body mesh.

Comment

• I have been looking for this for about a day now and I just can't find what I'm looking for. I have installed the English translations but the random name generator still uses Japanese to create the names. Is the a mod for this that I'm just not finding?

Comment

• saint1228
                      saint1228 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't think there is a mod for that, but there are dozens, if not hundreds, of name generators on the Internet. If you're stuck for nomenclature, just use one of those!

• Originally posted by bigbroimc View Post
                    I have been looking for this for about a day now and I just can't find what I'm looking for. I have installed the English translations but the random name generator still uses Japanese to create the names. Is the a mod for this that I'm just not finding?
                    The names could be translated. I abbreviated the list in the screenshot, but there are 688 lines with several columns.

I remember unmei220 having done this for SBPR.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• bigbroimc
                      bigbroimc commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Enimaroah. I was able to use the translation file from the one that Unmei220 created and applied it to Honey Select. I'm going to ask Unimei220 for permission to deploy this for the community.

• unmei220
                      unmei220 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sure, no problem, but I could translate the new one if there's enough interest... Although sadly, I'm not that much into the game, the english "translation" is not really... Umm, whatever. I should get in the translation team when I find myself some time and help fixing/wrapping it up like I did in the time for SBPR...
                      Last edited by unmei220; 07-30-2017, 01:07 PM.

• You can see that a generated name consists of parts which in turn can be found in different columns in Sb3UGS's editor of a MonoBehaviour. And the input field in the maker allows to copy the name or even a part of it into the clipboard.

Use such a part for searching through the game folders with a program (e.g. TotalCommander). Strings in all Unity data files are usually UTF-8 encoded (in case you ever need to find something in the managed DLLs use Unicode strict 16 bit).

Comment

• Would anyone here be interested in rigging this model I'm working on? I need someone to help me finish getting this rigged up, mainly the arms and arm sockets so they deform nicely and scale properly with the ingame sliders. (this is actually an outdated picture as of now, since I've added some new parts since I took this)

I can PM you a link if you're interested.

Comment

• Why dont you take the naked body mesh which is fully rigged and just delete the vertices always covered by clothes? This would save you the hard work of rigging.

Afterwards you would have to copy and compute the Nml MonoBehaviour, but that would have to be done regardless of the rigging task.

Comment

• that's exactly what I did, the only parts not rigged are the arms/arm sockets, which I what I needed help getting rigged so they scale properly with the body adjustment sliders.

Comment

• Then you didn't use the double replacement technique.

Replace the full naked body into your mod at the Transform where you later want to have your edited naked body. This first replacement needs to be done with the fully skinned naked body mesh (usually from an FBX file). The second replacement replaces the first, but uses Copy Nearest for Bones. It can be from a MQO or OBJ file or even from an FBX file but then the mesh must be unskinned.

The same technique can be used with edited clothes. The first replacement always needs a skinned mesh which covers the whole surface of the second replacement.

Comment

Working...
                            X