Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] [Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Please discuss modding about Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) (HS) here.

==[ Modding tools ]=======================
    • SB3UGS note the Experimental Versions!

==[ Useful Links ]=======================
    Last edited by enimaroah; 01-29-2019, 01:35 AM.

• I can accomplish the same sort of thing with Skin Wrap modifier though, but that leads to less than desirable results especially on the arm sockets.

Anyways I figured something out for those, I just basically ended up 'sewing' up the holes where I lopped off the original arms and sinking in the new surface a bit so there's no more hole to cover up or worry about. I think I can figure out the scaling for the arms on my own.

Comment

• Could anyone tell me what the "Index" (the field between "Slot ID" and "Item Name") , and fields on the right side of the Animator Name in list file mean? Looks like in the hair list, one of the field means the item is categorized into back hair or set hair, but what about the others?

Thanks

Spoiler

Click image for larger version

Name:	list.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	549.0 KB
ID:	5813234

Attached Files

Comment

• Belgar17
        Belgar17 commented
        Editing a comment
        No use has ever been found for the Index value. It can be changed to anything in any category without having any effect. For the other values, it all depends on the category. For example with tops, the value of one column control if you can use a bra with the top or not, and another column let you use a bottom with some tops but not with others.

As far as I now there isn't any guide as to what everything do with what. While experimenting I have found columns which appear to do nothing.

• A '1' in the seventh column seems to hide backhair. At least for me those are not shown. May be those have a requirement and need to be played free.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Can someone point me in the direction of what would cause this in a mod?
        Attached Files

Comment

• Belgar17
          Belgar17 commented
          Editing a comment
          What it looks like is that 2 body meshes are being displayed at the same time, both occupying the same space.

Is this a mod that you downloaded or one that you did yourself? In which category menu this shows in the maker menu, a top, swimsuit, etc.?

• tenten45
          tenten45 commented
          Editing a comment
          Belgar17 It's a mod I'm making from an existing outfit in the game. What I wanted to do was move the cardigan from the shirt section into the gloves, so right now it's in the gloves. Is it because the shirt and this cardigan being work together is trying to display two body meshes? I wasn't sure how it worked.
          Would deleting the body mesh from the glove/cardigan solve the problem?

PS. Unrelated note, but I'm using the 4E2D tag to make my outfit colorable. Do you know the tag to add a second color?
          Last edited by tenten45; 08-07-2017, 03:34 PM.

• tenten45 Moving the cardigan and using it in the gloves category there are several issues to take into consideration. The explanation is a little long which is why is inside the spoiler.
        Spoiler

Tops (like the cardigan) have 3 states: Fully clothed, half naked and completely off. In the first 2 states (clothed and half) there are 2 custom body meshes and 2 (or more) clothing meshes inside the cardigan animator. For the completely naked (no top) the program then use the full naked body mesh which is in a completely separated file, nothing is used from the top file.

Gloves only have 2 states: completely on or completely off. They don't have body mesh at all, instead they use the body mesh from the top being used or from the fully naked body.

As such the way the meshes are stored inside the files are very different. For the tops the meshes are separated so the program can identify what to use when full clothed and what to use when half naked. For gloves everything is basically together to be displayed at the same time.

If you took the cardigan file, kept the internal structure inside untouched, and just made a new customlist to use it as a glove you will have issues because the program display everything inside the file just like it would with a glove. That means that you will get the 2 body meshes and all the clothing meshes for clothed and half naked at the same time, plus body mesh from the top being used or from the naked body if not top is on.

To use the cardigan as a glove the correct way would be to create you basic mod file from an existing glove, that way the structure inside is correct. Then export the clothing meshes (only from the full clothed state, no body meshes) out of the cardigan file (using FDX format to keep the bone weights), and import them into your mod file replacing the original glove meshes with the clothes meshes. It may also be necessary to copy the material used by the cardigan into you mod file and assign it to your clothes meshes.

Now, although this will work there is another complication. The mesh for the cardigan was created for use with a custom body mesh with some parts removed, for example the nipples and parts of the breast. This is common practice with tops and why the are 2 custom body meshes which are only for each top. With the cardigan in the glove category the game wouldn't use a body customized for it, instead it will use the body from whatever top your character has on or the full naked body which has all its parts. This means that you will probably have parts of the body sticking out of the cardigan and being visible (refer as clipping), like the nipples in your picture.

For that problem there isn't any simple fix. The only way require editing the clothes meshes to make sure that no part of a full body will lay beyond clothes boundaries. This issue exist in other ares, for example if you try to use tops as swimsuit or swimsuit tops, or bras being displayed at the same beneath some tops.

I'm not trying to discourage from making mods, just making sure you understand the issues and limitations.

As for you other question, making a outfit have 2 changing colors, it isn't done with a Tag. A particular shader and custom color mask textures have to be used in the material for the outfit. Here is a link to a more detailed explanation:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/hs-newdlcshader-11171198

Best of luck.

Comment

• tenten45
          tenten45 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Belgar17 that makes a lot of sense. I figured out how to remove the meshes that were piling up and causing an issue. One thing I don't know how to do is import a mesh once it's exported. I have the mod the way I want it, but the girl's shoulders are invisible because the body mesh that comes with the cardigan covers the arms. (I want the cardigan without the sleeves)
          So I'm gussing I'll need to find a body mesh that has the body layout like I want.
          Also, thanks for the link for the shaders. I had seen some outfits where you can make the dress one color and, let's say a bow, a completely different color.

• enimaroah , Belgar17
        Thanks for your explanation. The hair mesh has been imported and showed in the game. Now the problem is, since what I'm making is a semitransparent hair base, I don't want the mesh show self shadow like normal hair. Do you know how to do that? Thank you!
        Spoiler

Name:	HoneySelect_64 2017-08-08 21-44-34-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	5813622

Name:	HoneySelect_64 2017-08-08 21-44-34-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	5813623

Comment

• Belgar17
          Belgar17 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not sure if this will work for you but if you open your animator, go to the mesh tap and select a mesh and press the attributes button on the right. You will see among the attributes displayed settings for Cast Shadows and Receive Shadows. If I remember correctly a 0 value turn the setting off.

• Originally posted by tenten45
        ... One thing I don't know how to do is import a mesh once it's exported ...
        Drag the export file into Sb3UGS. A new workspace opens with the contents including the "ImportedMesh". Drag it either into the destination ObjectTree precisely onto a destination Transform or simply into the Blue Area (if a Transform with the same name should be used as destination).

But remember the working order for skinned meshes: Textures, Materials, hierarchy of the skeleton, and the mesh last. If the skeleton is already present then skip it; same for materials.

Comment

• Mesh Cube needs to be triangulated
          When I import the modified mesh file from SB3U, I get this message. What is the problem?

Comment

• Neerhom
            Neerhom commented
            Editing a comment
            it means exactly what it says: the mesh Cube needs to be triangulated i.e. all of its faces has to be split into triangles, because at least one of its faces is not a triangle and is either a quad or n-gon.

• Hello, I'm looking for help, if you'll may?
          I made a superbike mod for HS but the problem is when you move the camera angle close to the bike, the bike disappears
          At first I cramped all the submesh into one mesh and I did a separate one which submeshes had it's own independent mesh but no good

I'll leave a download link to a video to show you'll the problem.
          http://www.mediafire.com/file/2ncmk5.../superbike.rar
          Thank you
          sigpic

Comment

• Any scaling != (1, 1, 1) in the Transforms? Is it a MeshRenderer? Have Center and Extend reasonable values? I would need your workfile to check those things.

Comment

• fsjoku
              fsjoku commented
              Editing a comment
              It doesn't seem to scale too, so I rescaled it in metaseq but I would to know my mistakes too

I have this at the moment, it's the one with one mesh, I can send you the other one with independent meshes
              if there's any conflict be sure to change the item number.
              http://www.mediafire.com/file/u593dk.../Superbike.rar
              Thank you

• The error was made by many. You need to convert the SkinnedMeshRenderer into a MeshRenderer if you dont have any bones. You can do this either during the replacement with the "Convert to MeshRenderer" option or you use the "Convert" button in the Mesh editor afterwards.

This also fixed the strange clipping in the studio for me.

Comment

• fsjoku
              fsjoku commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you very much, enimaroah. I did as you said, now the bike scales and doesn't disappears. Again thank you good sir.

• I'd love to make a (Custom Color) version of the balloon head accessory, but also convert it into an item for StudioNEO.

Here is my work so far. I'm hung up on the shader again, like I was when I made those capri pants a few months ago.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, as I've never created a studio item before. Thanks in advance.
            Last edited by saint1228; 08-17-2017, 06:33 AM.

Comment

• No no, no shader is required here.

But I made a lazy version directly in the original accessory file.
              1. set the colourable Tag for the mesh Transform. This is all required for the game and old studio (attached as accessory, not as a standalone item here).
              2. add the following entry in studioneo\info\02.unity3d, MonoBehaviour ItemList_07_02
                670 7 balloon chara/ca_head_00.unity3d p_acs_head_07_00 False True O_balloon False True

Edit:
              I added colours to corresponding things. 670 is the first free item number in studio neo in my installation. If you have any other items then you have to find out the first free number (or use the item insertion tool).

The blue 7 is the category where you will find your item. The first True in the line is the colourability for color1. The second False does that for color2.

Click image for larger version  Name:	HeadAccessoryColourable.jpg Views:	1 Size:	266.7 KB ID:	5815693
              Last edited by enimaroah; 08-17-2017, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• saint1228
                saint1228 commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, I'd like to include a shader for the in-game item as well. Would like to know which step I missed or messed up in the file I attached. And for the in-studio item, I've got two questions: where do I set that tag for the mesh transform, and once all that's sorted out, is it just a simple matter of adding the entry, as you described? As in, if it's a standalone accessory, can I still add it to \studioneo\02.unity3d as you described above?

Edit, I don't see MonoBehaviour ItemList_07_02 in \abdata\studioneo\02.unity.3d. Am I looking at the wrong file?
                Last edited by saint1228; 08-17-2017, 08:34 AM.

• I have checked your file.

The structure of an Animator is build from Transforms. And a Transform with a mesh (SkinnedMeshRenderer in your case) is called mesh Transform. See the red marked text above. For different categories the game uses different Tag values. Therefore I dont give the actual value. Instead you should search for a colourable item of the same category and look into its mesh Transform's Tag. In abdata\studioneo\00.unity3d I found a strand of hair: Animator p_item_exte02, mesh Transform o_exte02. In the Mesh editor you can use "Goto Frame" to navigate into the hierarchy at this Transform.

I corrected the location of 02.unity in the post above, but I guess that you will not have that either. To find the first free item number open all file in studioneo/info. The MBs you are after are all named ItemList_{category}_{number of the file}.
              Last edited by enimaroah; 08-17-2017, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• saint1228
                saint1228 commented
                Editing a comment
                I found the file you were referring to, and the lists in question. Getting back to the item itself, I'm still not clear on where to find that "Transform" tag. Would it be possible to take a screenshot and show me exactly what I'm supposed to be looking at? Thanks for your patience and assistance so far, I seem to get lost here very easily.

• Sure, no problem.
              1. Select the (Skinned)MeshRenderer
                Click image for larger version  Name:	MeshTransformTag-01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	182.6 KB ID:	5815712
              2. "Goto Frame" navigates to the mesh Transform with its Tag.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	MeshTransformTag-02.jpg Views:	1 Size:	192.1 KB ID:	5815713

Comment

• saint1228
                saint1228 commented
                Editing a comment
                So under that "Tag" field, I need to find another item in the same category, in this case another head accessory, and then...?
                Last edited by saint1228; 08-19-2017, 09:31 AM.
            Working...
            X