Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] [Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Please discuss modding about Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) (HS) here.

==[ Modding tools ]=======================
    • SB3UGS note the Experimental Versions!

==[ Useful Links ]=======================
    Last edited by enimaroah; 01-29-2019, 01:35 AM.

• The Mesh editor is empty because you have selected a Material.

My first screenshot shows the Animator editor in the middle like yours. But then I switched to the Mesh list on the left and selected the balloon mesh called O_balloon. This does two things: 1. the selected mesh is shown in the 3d renderer on the right side. 2. the Mesh editor between the Mesh list and the 3d renderer is filled with the values of the (Skinned)MeshRenderer. And only when it is filled then the "Goto Frame" will take you to the SMR's mesh Transform.

Comment

• The Tag value is enough. Leave the Layer in the destination as it is. You can select the full contents of such an edit field and use the normal windows clipboard for copying and pasting in the destination Tag input field. As soon as the destination input field looses the focus (Tab out or click elsewhere) the value will be changed.

Sorry, if I made it harder than it is. But it was important to me that you understood where to get those values and not blindly use one. Many categories have the same Tag value but some have others.

Comment

• saint1228
        saint1228 commented
        Editing a comment
        Alright, that worked! And here I was trying to mess with shaders and all this other junk and jazz. I think that I'm clear on what you were trying to explain: that those tags aren't universal, and a tag that worked on a head accessory might not achieve the same effect from an item in a different category?

Before I jump into porting items over to studio, I want to understand a few more finer points. I'm not a whiz at Blender, but can I use that program to remove the string, in case I also wanted loose balloons as well? It doesn't seem like that should be very difficult, but those are usually "famous last words" coming from me.

• saint1228
        saint1228 commented
        Editing a comment
        After taking that screenshot, I reduced the Glossiness and Metallic. Much more realistic looking now.

• Yes, that looks fine even as the screenshot shows :-) and yes, there are different Tag values and you cant use arbitrary values.

The balloon is a skinned mesh as you can see in Sb3UGS by its type: SkinnedMeshRenderer and in the ObjecTree you can expand that node (click on the '+') and see another node named "2 Bones". Expand that also, and click on them. The colour of the balloon changes according to the bone weights present in each vertex. A vertex is more than just a position. And one property is that each vertex can have up to four bone weights. Now when you cut the string of the balloon and replace your result later, you need to check in the end that you have not lost those weights. Without them the balloon can no longer be animated by the physics (DynamicBone MonoBehaviour at the root of the hierarchy).

You have several possibilities to make that simple cut. You could even use Metasequoia for this which is the easiest 3d editor I know, although you would work without bone weights and reuse the weights present in your current version of the Animator. But if you advance then Blender will be the better choice. So in the Mesh editor (with the selected balloon mesh) set the format in the Export options to "FBX 2015.1", then click Export.

Edit the mesh with Blender, then export it as FBX and drop that file into Sb3UGS. Any errors? If not, then drag the ImportedMesh into the ObjectTree (Blue Area). A dialog with many Options appears, but if you have not renamed the meshes, materials or Transforms then the defaults should be okay.

Comment

• saint1228
        saint1228 commented
        Editing a comment
        By-the-way, "670" also happened to be the first available slot in my list as well. Importing the balloon to StudioNEO was really easy. I had no idea it was that simple to port things over. What a revelation!

• Neerhom
        Neerhom commented
        Editing a comment
        saint1228
        While Blender supports fbx format, it can't open the files directly. After launching Blender, go File->User Preferences->Addons and look Import-Export:FBX format addon, and enable it.
        After that you can find fbx-related dialogues under File->Import/Export.

• saint1228
        saint1228 commented
        Editing a comment
        Derp...once I've located the file under Import/Export, what other options should I consider here?

Like I wrote before, I've hardly ever tinkered with Blender.

• There might be more convenient ways for the options. When I set them I wanted no rescaling from Blender, neither on import nor on export. But the small object space has its problems, and I had to change the view in Blender which would not be required if I had used import/export scaling.

If you dont see the Properties press N. But that key works only if the mouse is over the 3d window "UserPersp".
      Spoiler

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blender278c-Options01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	5815954

Import FBX options:
      Spoiler

Name:	Blender278c-FbxImportOptions01.jpg
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	5815955Click image for larger version

Name:	Blender278c-FbxImportOptions02.jpg
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	5815956

Export FBX options:
      Spoiler

Name:	Blender278c-FbxExportOptions01.jpg
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	5815957Click image for larger version

Name:	Blender278c-FbxExportOptions02.jpg
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	5815958Click image for larger version

Name:	Blender278c-FbxExportOptions03.jpg
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	5815959Click image for larger version

Name:	Blender278c-FbxExportOptions04.jpg
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	5815960

Comment

• Neerhom
        Neerhom commented
        Editing a comment
        yep that's the one. and it looks like you've got one vertex selected.

as far as Blender tutorials go, there a quite a lot of them on youtube. I'd suggest checking beginners series on Blender Guru's channel, as from what i recall it cover a lot of basics.

• saint1228
        saint1228 commented
        Editing a comment

Alright, I removed the vertices I wanted to, and exported the .fbx using the guidelines from the original post. When I dragged the file into Sb3UGS and into the object tree as instructed, this was the result. Did I miss something here?

• Neerhom
        Neerhom commented
        Editing a comment
        saint1228
        well, it didn't go horribly wrong so that's a plus. check transfrom's scale and rotation. my guess would be that scale is something like 0.35 (or a whatever you set the import to/100) and rotation is -90 on the X. Both of which can be changed in SB3UGS to get the desired result.

• No, there is no scaling by Sb3UGS in the FBX format. This might be a problem with Units. If you exchange meshes between Maya and Sb3UGS you dont need to scale anything, neither in Maya nor in Sb3UGS.

Name:	NoScaling01.jpg
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	5815979

Comment

• Neerhom
        Neerhom commented
        Editing a comment
        well, can't say i didn't expect there to be no issue with Maya. It was probably wasn't wise os of me to state that there is downscale, but that's what it looks like. If SB3UGS doesn't do any scaling, than the issue would indeed be with Units. If i recall, the FBX uses centimeters, while Unity uses meters and Blender units appears to be equal to meters. I've no idea what exactly happens with Units on import, but for import scale of 1, Blender sees a mesh with unapplied 0.01 scale, while Unity sees a tiny mesh that is 0.01 in size of the original.

The odd thing about all of this, is that Unity doesn't have this issue with files exported from Blender (object scale 1, export scale 1, scene units none).

• roy12:
      All names of head animators, female and male, are hardcoded in the Assembly-CSharp.dll. So by modifying data files alone it wont be possible to add new heads - at least not in the trial.

And an addition to Nml MBs:
      In the top clothes Animators and in the body Animator there is a new UVNormalBlend MonoBehaviour with two sets of normals and two sets of UVs per vertex. In the resources.assets this MB is in the same hierarchy as the tikubi meshes. May be we need to adapt these sets of normals and UVs too when creating clothes or uncensors.

Name:	dress-original_UVNormalBlend.png
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	5815997Click image for larger version

Name:	dress-redirected_UVNormalBlend.png
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	5815998
      Last edited by enimaroah; 08-18-2017, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• saint1228:
        I wouldn't be surprised if the small red dot in the renderer would be a normal of the miniature balloon. That's why I use that strange view settings in Blender and dont need to scale imports and exports.

To make sure that there is no other error, do the production cycle without any editing in Blender:
        1. Export the original balloon in Sb3UGS - already done
        2. Clear the scene in Blender
        3. Import the file in Blender
        4. Export the scene in Blender
        5. Import that file in Sb3UGS
        6. Replace the balloon

This should produce an identical look in Sb3UGS. All import and export options of both programs are involved. So this makes sure that you didn't something wrong during editing.

But the screenshot in Sb3UGS with the result looks like there went something wrong with the scaling.

Comment

• @saint1228
        i've checked your files and remembered one of the reasons why i don't like fbx all that much.

when i imported your mesh into a bundle, everything was properly aligned, except that armature had a scale of 10000. The reason this happens is that you've exported objects that had scale of 1, with export scale of 100 and included Blender's scale (that button near scale value in fbx export dialog) into the file, which is on by default. that button scales all objects by an additional 100, if Blender scene is set Blender units(default). The exporter does that because of difference between measurement units of fbx (centimeters) and Blender (essentially meters, by default).

So assuming that object to be exported has a scale of 1 (check in poperies tab N) and default scene settings(or meters) you either set export scale to 0.01 or leave it as 1 but uncheck that button to the right.

Another thing to consider is difference in coordinate systems. At default export setting (Y+ for up and -Z for forward) fbx exporter rotates all object -90 degrees on Xto convert from Blender coordinates (Z+ up, Y- forward). On the other hand the object imported from fbx have rotation of 90 on X (in this case it;s only armature parent). So if you were to clear rotation from imported objects (alt+r) you'll see them get aligned to Y+.

TLR change scale (and rotation) in SB3UGS for quick fix.
        Last edited by Neerhom; 08-19-2017, 11:42 AM.
        Making futa/yuri master model
        CM3D to CM3D2 mod porting
        Lesbian dual vibrator fix
        Furry maid set
        CM3D2.CategoryUnlocker
        COM3D2.ModLoader
        COM3D2.CategoryCreator

Comment

• saint1228
          saint1228 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just so I'm clear, did I export the new .fbx properly? It was imported at a scale of 100, and exported at the same scale.

If so, would you please explain how I can adjust the scale and rotation in Sb3UGS? Thanks for your assistance so far.

• Neerhom
          Neerhom commented
          Editing a comment
          i'd like to say say, but i don't have a straight answer on how to do it right, so i'll say: it depends =)

the easy answer would be: import scale of 100 and export of 0.01, with dat scale-related button checked (it just doesn't have a name >_>).

As for changing scale in SB3UGS, you select a Frame that contains your SkinnedMeshRenderer (so the window to the right opens Frame tab), and you'll see a matrix, that has row called Scale change values and hit Apply Changes. I don't have the bundle in question, so i can't be specific about which exactly you need.

• Yepp, it was from the scaling. When you replace the skinned mesh and skip the skeleton then the bone matrices imported from the file scale the mesh down. The solution here is to recompute the matrices with "Rest Pose" in the Mesh editor. But you will also notice that you forgot to delete the base face of the string :-)

Comment

• saint1228
          saint1228 commented
          Editing a comment

I don't see it in the list here; are you saying I imported the wrong file into Blender in the first place?

• Neerhom
          Neerhom commented
          Editing a comment
          looks like it, as O_balloon is how it's called in files you've posted above. In Blender it was called O_balloon_0, which looks is name that SB3UGS would output. And if i recall name is important for replacement to work.

• saint1228
          saint1228 commented
          Editing a comment
          Come to think of it, when I exported the file from Sb3UGS, it was named meshes0.fbx. I must have renamed it because I misread what enimaroah said about naming. I'm gonna have one heck of a facepalm when I figured out how I've made this harder on myself.

• I am not sure, do you now have both balloons when inserting your item? If that should be so then you did not hit the Blue Area, but landed on a Transform. When you drop an ImportedMesh on a Transform then it will be put into the Transform, and your hierarchy will contain both balloons. Select the one in the wrong Transform and use "Remove" in the middle of the Mesh editor (the upper "Remove").

And in the file you uploaded is a small error. You missed one point in the item tutorial and the error goes like this: you load a character with moles before your balloon, and then your balloon will not be shown. Or you load your balloon first, and a character with moles will not show the moles. This is because you started with the moles texture file, and forgot to change the CABstring.

Comment

• saint1228
          saint1228 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I have both of 'em. If I remove the original mesh, I'm left with just the new balloon, but it can't be adjusted in any way. Thanks for pointing out that small error with the CABstring, that was an easy fix.

• Why would you remove the original SkinnedMeshRenderer (O_balloon) when you found out that the erroneous SkinnedMeshRenderer is p_acs_head_07_00 (the ImportedMesh had been dropped to the root of the hierarchy or the ImportedMesh had been renamed in Blender). Remove the wrong one, then replace O_balloon with your ImportedMesh O_balloon_0 by dragging the ImportedMesh precisely on the destination mesh Transform [the Transform not the SkinnedMeshRenderer]. The replacement dialog will show the "Destination Transform" number and its name behind it.

Name:	MeshReplacement01.jpg
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	5816390

Comment

• saint1228
          saint1228 commented
          Editing a comment
          Almost there! I have ONE last question: how can I lower the finished balloon on the Y axis, so it appears closer the top of the character, as opposed to where it would appear in the vanilla item, a couple of "feet" above the head?
          Last edited by saint1228; 08-19-2017, 06:20 PM.

• Belgar17 enimaroah
        Thanks for your suggestion, edit the Cast Shadows does works

BTW, I really want to know how to make dynamic hair. Looks like MonoBehaviour named "DynamicBone" is the key, but I don't know how to edit it (I mean what these data represents).
        Last edited by GCHAOS1216; 08-20-2017, 03:18 AM.

Comment

• I want to make a dynamic unc patch,How can I add new bones into the mesh?Can anyone tell me how to do that?

Comment

• saint1228
            Almost there! I have ONE last question: how can I lower the finished balloon on the Y axis, so it appears closer the top of the character, as opposed to where it would appear in the vanilla item, a couple of "feet" above the head?
            You will have several possibilities to do that:
            • Each vertex has a position which you could lower in Blender. Attention! Make sure that you lower each vertex position and not the mesh object! Doing the latter would change the Transform and that would not be supported in Sb3UGS' FBX importer.
            • The balloon is a skinned mesh. While the "Rest Pose" computed by Sb3UGS is only considering the skeleton and the parent Transforms of the SkinnedMeshRenderer, the resulting bone matrices can carry one additional transformation - think of it as a single animation frame which is constantly added to every animation (including the DynamicBone physics). Important here: add e.g. a negative Y-translation to ALL bone matrices.

GCHAOS1216
            Yes, the DynamicBone MB needs to be adapted to your bone chain to do this. Use the workspace: drag one of them from an original hair into the workspace and drag it back onto the root Transform of your Animator. Now back to the original hair Animator and its MB. Double click it to open the MB editor. The first line is the reference to the root of the bone chain which is then animated by the DynamicBone MB. Close the editor, go to your MB and adapt that line to your environment.

Name:	DynamicBoneMB.jpg
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	5816537

ssseeesss

What should those new bones do? No animation would change them. And even worse, every new bone and its child Transforms become invalid for all animations. So you cant insert a new Transform into the skeleton either.
            Last edited by enimaroah; 08-20-2017, 04:51 AM. Reason: replaced image

Comment

• saint1228
              saint1228 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for all of your assistance here. I learned a lot!

• Originally posted by enimaroah View Post
            saint1228

You will have several possibilities to do that:
            • Each vertex has a position which you could lower in Blender. Attention! Make sure that you lower each vertex position and not the mesh object! Doing the latter would change the Transform and that would not be supported in Sb3UGS' FBX importer.
            • The balloon is a skinned mesh. While the "Rest Pose" computed by Sb3UGS is only considering the skeleton and the parent Transforms of the SkinnedMeshRenderer, the resulting bone matrices can carry one additional transformation - think of it as a single animation frame which is constantly added to every animation (including the DynamicBone physics). Important here: add e.g. a negative Y-translation to ALL bone matrices.

GCHAOS1216
            Yes, the DynamicBone MB needs to be adapted to your bone chain to do this. Use the workspace: drag one of them from an original hair into the workspace and drag it back onto the root Transform of your Animator. Now back to the original hair Animator and its MB. Double click it to open the MB editor. The first line is the reference to the root of the bone chain which is then animated by the DynamicBone MB. Close the editor, go to your MB and adapt that line to your environment.

Name:	DynamicBoneMB.jpg
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	5816537

ssseeesss

What should those new bones do? No animation would change them. And even worse, every new bone and its child Transforms become invalid for all animations. So you cant insert a new Transform into the skeleton either.
            I want to use these new bones to control the genital open and close

Comment

Working...
            X