Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] [Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Please discuss modding about Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) (HS) here.

==[ Modding tools ]=======================
    • SB3UGS note the Experimental Versions!

==[ Useful Links ]=======================
    Last edited by enimaroah; 01-29-2019, 01:35 AM.

• What do you recommend for working on the Assembly-Csharp.dll?

Comment

• Neerhom
      Neerhom commented
      Editing a comment
      my personal recommendation would be dnSpy

• As I know, setting Tag of the transform into "4E29" can make the mesh color editable. In a hair style, if set the Tag into "4E2A", the mesh will become a hair accessary and its color can be edited different from the hair color.
    Can hair or hair accessary using "main color" and "sub color" like those official DLC clothes? It seems impossible because to using two different color in one single mesh, the Taq should be set to "4E2D".

Another question is, I have imported a mesh. When using regular materials, only a certain area can edit color, other area only show color of the diffuse map, but the spec color is still editable.
    This mesh has no submesh, and uses only one material. Seems this is a modeling problem, because when I combined some Vertexes, color editable area also became uneditable.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Ban-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	5819582
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Ban-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	5819583

Comment

• hyperionx
      hyperionx commented
      Editing a comment
      wow. I look for this hair style from a lifetime ... finally .... GCHAOS1216, please tell me the mod is available!?! :-()~~~

• Different functionality requires different meshes. Separate hair, hair band and head band from each other. I would even suggest to make the head band a head accessory and not a part of the hair style. Then give the hair mesh the primary colourable tag value, the hair band the secondary. And the head band accessory the tag for colourable head accessories.

The combining of vertices might have caused a distortion of continuous UVs and therefore the tangents had changed or should have been changed?

Comment

• Is there a tutorial for adding and replacing maps?

Comment

• There are two for SBPR linked in the Glossary but there are differences between the games. So they are only of limited use for HS.

The geometry file of a map is similar to an item or clothes. One Animator per map (you can have several maps in one file), a textual MonoBehaviour which acts as a list file with one line per map, and finally two textures - one with the name of the map; the other showing an image of the map. This file needs to be put into abdata\map.

You should check the 04.unity3d file or even use it as template. Dont forget to change the CAB-String!

Comment

• Bit of a newb modder here. I've been able to do things like change up textures using SB3Util and Photoshop, but, right now, I'm looking at importing a couple of hair styles into Honey Select. I believe they were Play Club meshes that someone else ported into SBPR. Since they were already in SBPR, I was hoping getting them into HS wouldn't be too challening.

Are there any guides for doing this sort of thing? Offhand, does anyone know if the assets can just be moved over, or is this something that I'd need to edit the meshes in order to accomplish?

I'm a bit lost, and don't really know where to start. Thanks!

Comment

• The Unity engine often supports game files of older versions - Sb3UGS does NOT not support transport of assets between files with different versions! But even for Unity engine you would need to check project migration documentation. I would recommend to always use the same file versions the game was released with (yes, Illusion released HS with several: 5.3.4, 5.3.5, 5.3.6). SBPR is Unity (4.6.4) mostly 4.6.7.

This means, hair from SBPR should be exported to FBX files, and those files would be imported and the content replaced into HS files. You would start with a copy of a small HS AssetBundle file e.g. from cf_t_mole_00.unity3d. Use another AssetBundle file with an Animator in it. I would suggest one of the hair files for this with a similar hair style. Use "Mark for Copying" on this Animator, and "Paste All Marked" it into your copied file.
            Open the copied Animator, study the hierarchy. You need to compare / use / adapt the skeleton to the one in your exported FBX file. If the skeleton is identical then you dont need to replace it and the DynamicBone MonoBehaviour will remain valid. If the skeleton is different you might want to replace it with the one in the FBX file and correct the DynamicBone MB afterwards.
            After the skeleton work in the following import order:
            1. Textures
            2. Materials
            3. Meshes

Each of them and the skeleton too has attributes which are not in the FBX file. This means the more you already have in your Animator with which you start the better! Search for similar hair styles with SetRenderQueue MonoBehaviours which allow to define the order of transparency. Note the Layer and Tag values in the hierarchy, Texture attributes, Material attributes, (Skinned)MeshRenderer attributes.

Before migrating anything, I would recommend to do a few tutorials from the Glossary, especially the small excursion about external resources. Then make an independent copy of an original HS hair style. The geometry file of this copy will be a good start for your migration.

Comment

• Yikes! I was really hoping someone was going to say, "Oh, it's this really simple two-step process," or something along those lines. No such luck, huh? Sounds like I've got my work cut out for me. Thanks for the suggestions! Making a clone of an existing hair style for practice sounds like a good idea.

Comment

• enimaroah

Have you been able to export asset bundles directly from Unity that work in HS?

So far I've been just creating them to copy and paste materials. But now I'm trying to get an outfit with a cloth component into the game, and the file generated doesn't work ingame, even though I finally managed to have the right tree structure for the game objects. I suspect the issue is that it's outputting it the way it used to be in Playclub, with one prefab named normally, and another, purple colored prefab in itallics (I could never wrap my head around the differences). I attached a pic of the output. I have no animator component anywhere in the prefab's structure.

I also can't copy to another file because the cloth component gets lost

Attached Files
                My blog, you can find my mods there too.

Comment

• roy12
                  Dont waste your time on unloadable components. The Cloth asset is red for exactly that reason, and lost on copying for the same. Every PPtr<> will be invalid in another file. Cloth has CapsuleCollider and SphereCollider references which will get invalid. I will implement support for Cloth assets now that I know what you want to do.

An Animator printed in italics is the MainAsset of an AssetBundle file - what ever this means for Unity. If a program loads a prefab it doesn't matter if it is the MainAsset or not. Still Sb3UGS can make an Animator to the MainAsset of the file since v 1.5.2.

And to your question at the beginning. I never tried. My work cycle with files build from Unity is always that I Copy & Paste Animators from those files into a copy of a game file. It is way easier for me to adapt the hierarchy in the Workspace than trying to produce the hierarchy in Unity right from the start.

Comment

• Originally posted by enimaroah View Post
                    roy12
                    Dont waste your time on unloadable components. The Cloth asset is red for exactly that reason, and lost on copying for the same. Every PPtr<> will be invalid in another file. Cloth has CapsuleCollider and SphereCollider references which will get invalid. I will implement support for Cloth assets now that I know what you want to do.

An Animator printed in italics is the MainAsset of an AssetBundle file - what ever this means for Unity. If a program loads a prefab it doesn't matter if it is the MainAsset or not. Still Sb3UGS can make an Animator to the MainAsset of the file since v 1.5.2.

And to your question at the beginning. I never tried. My work cycle with files build from Unity is always that I Copy & Paste Animators from those files into a copy of a game file. It is way easier for me to adapt the hierarchy in the Workspace than trying to produce the hierarchy in Unity right from the start.
                    Oh, I see.

So then I'll wait for a new version, thanks again, can't wait to see the cloth working in HS.
                    My blog, you can find my mods there too.

Comment

• roy12
                      It's ready, but with only little testing. There are a few assumptions about Cloth assets and their colliders which I could not verify yet. But if my assumptions are wrong then you will get warnings in the Log window. Please let me know then, and provide the source data file. That would make testing for me a lot easier.

My post above has a gap. There are two places where assets are shown in red colour.
                      1. In the file's MonoB. & Other tab. Red there means that it is an unsupported asset. The new loading of MBs isn't considered, but in general all those red assets are a black box to Sb3UGS. Any reference in them can not be adapted and the file can get invalid if PathIDs would change.
                      2. In the Animator editor's Object Tree. A red asset there has no editor, and Sb3UGS just lets you know that there is such an asset. But it has been loaded and the structure is known to Sb3UGS. Again MBs are an exception and Sb3UGS might only know that they are present at this Transform (linked by the invisible GameObject).

The most important message for unsupported assets can be found in the Log window: Unhandled class: {classname}. This is critical because it means that a supported asset has a reference to that unhandled asset, and this reference gets DESTROYED when you save the file.

Comment

• Hello.

I have a couple of questions regarding character creation in HS.

1. Is there a way to edit character's appearance while in studio (neo or old one, doesn't matter)? With the help of certain plugin, maybe?

2. If not, how can I change animation directly in character creation menu while ingame? All I need is to attach standart T-pose (or A-pose, or even both) to my models so it'll be easier to model and tune the body. Maybe I can replace standart animations with studio ones with SB3Utility manually? If so, where should I check them out? I never really used this utility before, so any tips on where to find these animations would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

• This thread is neither for searching for plugins nor for game related questions, and I nearly had deleted your post.

The replacement of animations requires that you know which Animator the AnimationClips were made for. There are animations for maps, items and characters. If a file contains an animation or not can be seen by the presence of the Animation tab. You drag a file (or even a directory) into Sb3UGS and the file's contents is divided by certain asset types, like e.g. animation related assets. What you are looking for are AnimatorController assets. They are containers for AnimationClip assets which hold the animation data. But editing an animation requires that you give Sb3UGS an Animator first. The Animator contains several important components: the skeleton, an Avatar asset and often skinned meshes (SkinnedMeshRenderer) which can be shown in Sb3UGS. Such a SkinnedMeshRenderer can be animated by a matching AnimationClip.

When you have learned where to find all the capitalized terms in Sb3UGS, and the animated SkinnedMeshRenderer is shown, then you can export and also replace animations - no earlier.

In general I dont search any files for anyone. Searching for files is easy enough when you browse the directory structure and read the filenames. Browsing a file's contents can be done in Sb3UGS.

Comment

• Originally posted by cytryna1 View Post

The shape I extracted from the mod is essentially not editable, even though the editable parameter exists and is chosen there. Although, all the options are greyed out. I'm using Blender now so there's no worry since it works now, but if you want to know I'm also using 3DS MAX 2018 for other stuff.

However, it works with Blender, I was able to change to shape the way I wanted it to. But I can't import it back into the game after the shape was changed? (I literally don't know how, I just dragged it into the SB3U and there's no replace button for the FBX files)

I think I did something as in I replaced the FBX (not sure if successfully) and in the preview window on the right side I couldn't see the preview whereas with the original file I could see the preview. Not sure what's going on.

Same when it comes to UV maps / DDS files. I changed DDS files in Paint.net so you know, I wanted to make french tips so I just coloured the top, and nothing changed. Do I have to UV map unwrap as you do with normal models?

Also, please tell me how to replace the FBX in SB3U since I have no idea. I have all models edited and DDS files edited as well. I know names must match but then again, I edited existing mod so all names remain the same. Thanks in advance.
                            cytryna1

This example may help you with importing meshes. The example use a body mesh but it is the same principle for any mesh:

https://mega.nz/#!A01RgRpZ!RKDEyDIQ7...KNvpLwXf-Yq9UY

As for replacing textures, in SB3UGS go to Assets/Replace Files (shortcut Alt+I). In the windows that appear select the desired texture file(s). If textures with the same name already exist in the assetbunlde they will be replaced. If no texture with that name is found, it will be added to the assetbundle but it will have to be assigned to a material by hand, and it may not have the right attributes to work correctly.

Comment

Working...
                            X