Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] [Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Please discuss modding about Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) (HS) here.

==[ Modding tools ]=======================
    • SB3UGS note the Experimental Versions!

==[ Useful Links ]=======================
    Last edited by enimaroah; 01-29-2019, 01:35 AM.

• Originally posted by Belgar17

cytryna1

This example may help you with importing meshes. The example use a body mesh but it is the same principle for any mesh:

https://mega.nz/#!A01RgRpZ!RKDEyDIQ7...KNvpLwXf-Yq9UY

As for replacing textures, in SB3UGS go to Assets/Replace Files (shortcut Alt+I). In the windows that appear select the desired texture file(s). If textures with the same name already exist in the assetbunlde they will be replaced. If no texture with that name is found, it will be added to the assetbundle but it will have to be assigned to a material by hand, and it may not have the right attributes to work correctly.
    I have done that but no changes were made to the appearance of the object in the end. I managed to replace them but since I opened the saved unity3d file again and changes were there.

The thing is that I have no idea how to replace the mesh (actual 3D object) so my changes are live in game. No of the tutorials that I can see help me with understanding / showing me how to do this.

Excuse the poor quality of editing of the textures, I just did it to test to see if it works at all. I made changed to the texture you can see in the screenshot and nothing in game changed. I changed the other one and there were changes but nothing really noticeable.

On the second screenshot you can see that I can see the original 3D object in the preview on the right. The next screenshot will show my imported one, saved as FBX in Blender.

I dragged ImportedMesh to Object Tree and I clicked on replace option at the top and clicked OK.

On the last screenshot you can see that I have imported the file without the meshes just to see if 3D model changed, but it completely disappeared now.

Not sure what to do now.
    Looking for help to mod Honey Select! If you know how to add 3D items to appropriate places in the game & you have time... Message me!

Comment

• Originally posted by enimaroah View Post

cytryna1

This example may help you with importing meshes. The example use a body mesh but it is the same principle for any mesh:

https://mega.nz/#!A01RgRpZ!RKDEyDIQ7...KNvpLwXf-Yq9UY

As for replacing textures, in SB3UGS go to Assets/Replace Files (shortcut Alt+I). In the windows that appear select the desired texture file(s). If textures with the same name already exist in the assetbunlde they will be replaced. If no texture with that name is found, it will be added to the assetbundle but it will have to be assigned to a material by hand, and it may not have the right attributes to work correctly.
      Hi,

All my problems seem to be fixed now! Thanks for the mega.nz tutorial. I'll try to follow it and see if I can get things to work! I'll post back once I'm done with something nice (if I don't encounter problems beforehand).
      Looking for help to mod Honey Select! If you know how to add 3D items to appropriate places in the game & you have time... Message me!

Comment

• Does anyone know how to make hair and other objects receive shadows? By changing the render queue from 3000 (transparency) to 2000 (opaque) I can get some hair to receive shadows but the hair then becomes transparent, WTF.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Back hair has shadows.png
Views:	3
Size:	404.9 KB
ID:	5824064

Name:	See through hair.jpg
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	5824065

With other hair the render mode need to be changed to opaque. Doesn't the mode option in the material's settings list control render mode? Because I changed it to 0 and that doesn't work and SB3U still says render mode transparent.

Name:	settings question.jpg
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	5824063
        Attached Files

Comment

• Sb3UGS is not Unity! It renderers using its own shader which doesn't have anything in common with the shaders from Unity.

Select a (Skinned)MeshRenderer and in the Mesh editor click on "Attributes". Make sure that "Receive Shadows" is active. If you select several meshes then you can set those attributes for all of them simultaneously.

Comment

• Receive shadows is checked in the mesh renderers. But Unity does not have support for shadows on transparent objects which is why the render queue and the render mode must be changed.

But when that is done the hair becomes transparent.

Is the mode option in SB3U for changing render mode or something else? Because if it is for changing render mode it is not working.
            Last edited by THENewguy1; 09-26-2017, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• Question: Does anyone know why importing a skinned mesh from Blender to SB3U changes its orientation and size so that it's misaligned with the body frame?

Or rather: Does anyone know how to import a skinned mesh from Blender to SB3U with the correct size/orientation (in accordance with the game's body/skeletion?)

~~

So specifically, I am trying to learn to port clothes from Blender to Honey Select with SB3U,

As shown in picture 1, I have a piece of clothing in Blender

I then resized the clothing, and attached the clothing mesh to the Honey Select body mesh and to the armature, so that the cloth moves along with the body in Blender's posing mode.

As shown in picture 2,

(Don't mind the extra clothings, those are from Roy12's Mai shiranui outfit, as I ported the body with the outfit for testing and comparison purposes)
              (Also don't mind the fact that the clothing is not repositioned/properly realigned with the body; I am merely using this to learn how to port and for testing purposes)

I then exported it to an FBX format with the recommended export options for HS.

The fbx file seems fine when opened with paint 3D,

As shown in picture 3,

The problem, however, is when I import the FBX file to SB3U (onto the original Mai Shiranui outfit/body), the clothing seems to be oriented wrongly, with wrong size.

As shown in picture 4,

So as shown in picture 4, the clothing is not on the same axis as the skeleton (originally exported from the Mai Shiranui mod), the clothing in actuality is much smaller than the skeleton as well (they just look to be similarly-sized because of the angle/perspective in picture 4).

~~

So the clothing was originally exported from a game and it was much larger than the body; I had it to scale it down with a 0.0025 multiplier to get it to the same size as the body in Blender.

Clue 1: Maybe the scaling somehow applied to the clothing after porting it to SB3U?

Another thing is that I noticed the HS body has Z as the upward direction, and -Y as the forward direction.

The clothing, after its disoriented by being ported into SB3U, has -Y as the upward direction and Z as the forward direction, which is completely opposite?

Clue 2: The disorientation of the clothing mesh may have something to do with this?

~~

So anyways, it boils down to probably something I haven't applied/changed to the clothing mesh in Blender, before I export it as FBX and import the FBX to SB3U?

~~

If anyone could provide some insight or answers that would be greatly appreciated.

I thank you all in advance.
              Last edited by takesu; 09-27-2017, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Neerhom
                Neerhom commented
                Editing a comment
                it's no a scaling issue, but some issues with unit conversion. fbx uses centimeters while by default, Blender uses blender units which are equal to meters. When you import fbx into Blender (at least those from SB3UGS) with import scale of 1, you get models that have scale of 0.01. The models also get rotation of 90 on x (or just armatures, can't recall), because conversion between coordination systems. My personal advice: after importing fbx, you want to clear scale and apply rotation (not sure how animations would like that, but whatever). An then export with scale of 1 and unchek UnitScaleFactor (that button near scale) and everything should work fine.

• I haven't tested the new Blender 2.79 and the bundled FBX plugin, but Blender 2.78c worked fine (with a small correction related to morphs).

Clearing every mesh transformation is a good advice. Such could be exported to FBX, but Sb3UGS does not support that. If you need to transform a mesh do the transformation on the vertices instead.

Comment

• Thank you Neerhom and enimaroah, the issue seems to be resolved after I cleared the scaling/rotation on the imported mesh and then applied the appropriate scaling/rotation to it
                Last edited by takesu; 10-01-2017, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• Hi there, is there a way to make a top with 2 custom colors? I have made some of the white tops custom color using the 4E2D tag, then i took the "Coat + Tank Top" clothing item and made the coat custom color, but when i try to make the Tank Top, custom color as well, it uses the color of the coat. is there a way to make the Coat be in 1 color and the Tank Top in another color?
                  Also is there a simple way to make any texture whiter? I want to make some clothing items custom color, by taking their textures and making them whiter, so the colors don't look too dark or too bright.
                  Thanks in advance!
                  Last edited by Viper13; 09-29-2017, 02:31 PM.
                  Possibility and Impossibility are states of the Mind

Comment

• Originally posted by Viper13 View Post
                    Hi there, is there a way to make a top with 2 custom colors? I have made some of the white tops custom color using the 4E2D tag, then i took the "Coat + Tank Top" clothing item and made the coat custom color, but when i try to make the Tank Top, custom color as well, it uses the color of the coat. is there a way to make the Coat be in 1 color and the Tank Top in another color?
                    I doubt that it is possible without a programmatical change of the game.

Originally posted by Viper13 View Post
                    Also is there a simple way to make any texture whiter? I want to make some clothing items custom color, by taking their textures and making them whiter, so the colors don't look too dark or too bright.
                    Thanks in advance!
                    Try a different material. It should use another Shader. Try to find a similar in the game, then locate this one in the game files and use that materal (with its shader).

Comment

• Originally posted by enimaroah View Post
                      I doubt that it is possible without a programmatical change of the game.

Try a different material. It should use another Shader. Try to find a similar in the game, then locate this one in the game files and use that materal (with its shader).
                      Thanks enimaroah, i will try the shader thing!
                      Possibility and Impossibility are states of the Mind

Comment

• I found out why I can't get the front hair to receive shadows. It is because the render queue of numerous materials including the front hair's material is being changed at run time by Assembly-Csharp.dll to 3000.

As for the back hair, it is the shader making it transparent as I thought. Changing the shader for the material corrects rendering of the back hair.

Why did illusion decide to change the render queue at run time? So strange.

Comment

• May be it is easier to set required values at runtime than changing their development line. If you would have tried to make uncensors you would have encountered such things too.

You will either need to find another way or write a plugin which counters their settings.

Comment

• Skinning Male Uncensors for SBPR/HS/PH

This focuses on bone weights and the influence of bones only.
                            1. Elongation
                              When the length of bone cm_J_dan109_00 is increased a little, e.g. from -0.229607433 to -0.179607436
                              then the telescoping is moved as well, deeper into whatever.
                              Disadvantages:
                              a) without animation or when completely visible the penis is longer
                              b) in penetrating animations the visible part of the penis shows a smaller movement
                            2. Minimize Telescoping
                              All relevant animation curves are constant functions except for Z translation of cm_J_dan109_00.

Name:	MaleUncensor-Telescoping-cm_J_dan109_00-TranslationZ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	588.7 KB
ID:	5826960

Bone cm_J_dan109_00: use the same weight value for all vertices of the tip and adjacent part of the shaft. A value of 1.0 would let the vertices move the same way of the bone's translation. To minimize this effect use a smaller value, e.g. 0.3.

Name:	MaleUncensor-OneValueForTheTip.jpg
Size:	421.5 KB
ID:	5826961
                              Select the vertices of the tip in Component mode. Then use the Component editor or "Flood" to ensure that they all get the same value. Dont use paiting of weights here. Post processing of the weight normalization produces small differences!
                              As of speaking about the normalization. The rest to 1.0 is shifted into cm_J_dan101_00. But that is no problem because the animations do not translate this bone as described at the beginning.

Further down the shaft decrease the weight value ringwise, each ring of vertices with the same value. If the scrotum has been build into the same mesh, then adacent vertices of the shaft need to have a value of zero.

Name:	MaleUncensor-DecreasedValueForTheNextAdjacent.jpg
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	5826962

So much for the process. Now what is the optimal weight value? It is probably not 0.3 but you could use it for a start. The smaller this value the stiffer the whole mesh which leads to missing its target and increases the risk for poking through the female head or body. The bigger the value the stronger the telescoping effect. Use separate values for each ring of vertices, the more the better. This ensures that the telescoping is nicer distributed along the shaft, stronger at the tip side and smoothly decreasing down to the body side. The goal would be to maximize the weight value for the tip (in order to better hit the target) without letting the telescoping shrink the mesh too much.

Comparison between cur144/RLA/rathren at the top and mine below:

Name:	MaleUncensor-Comparison.jpg
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	5826963
                              The red colour of the tip indicates a high value and therefore strong telescoping. Mine is not smoothly decreasing the weights along the shaft but begins with a lower value. The animations dont cause overlapping, but the rest of the telescoping starts and ends a bit abruptly. This is mostly visible when using textures with strong structures, e.g. for veines.

Comment

• THENewguy1
                              THENewguy1 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Could there be a way to tell the mesh to ignore bone motion for the length wise dimension? Or perhaps make the dick invisible and add another one that can selectively use the motion?

• why i not have texture ?

Comment

Working...
                            X