Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] [Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Please discuss modding about Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) (HS) here.

==[ Modding tools ]=======================
    • SB3UGS note the Experimental Versions!

==[ Useful Links ]=======================
    Last edited by enimaroah; 01-29-2019, 01:35 AM.

• Originally posted by zero360 View Post
    why i not have texture ?

The game sets the materials to these meshes programmatically. So what ever you put into the game files is overridden. But the meshes are found by the name of their Transforms, and therefore you can let the game's search fail.

I would recommend to analyse the released uncensor and compare that part of the hierarchy with the original. Then make your experiments with released uncensor.

Comment

• I finally got the hair to receive shadows. Writing a plugin was not necessary, so far at least.

While learning C# when I was looking around in assembly-csharp I could not find anything that called the setrenderqueue method, so I thought, it is being called by objects it is attached to which is why changing the field value in assembly-csharp did nothing. So I went to check the files in SB3U in the object tree, there the monobebaviors were and I corrected the renderqueue value. Illusion did that so that the different parts of the hair (4 meshes) would be rendered in a specific order. I have not tested if that was necessary for them to do. But they set the render queue value to high.

Now after changing the renderqueue values and making sure the shadow check boxes were checked the hair is transparent do to the shader they used. So I changed the shader, but that causes many of the shader parameters to disappear so I copied the material from the hair braid accessory (which is the best job of any of the hair in the game) and changed the textures and parameters to match the material of the hair that became transparent. Using this new material results in the hair losing some detail effects do to missing shader parameters.

Now I think a plugin could be made to control the original materials shader to stop making the hair transparent but I am not sure. However it would be nice to get all the hair in the game using the same shader with the materials having access to the same shader parameters. I wonder if illusion realizes that they have and used a shader that makes opaque type objects transparent because they don't seem to have used that shader to its intended use and benefits.

Anyway after using this new material born from coping the accessory braid I have a new problem. The ends on this front hair are brighter/may not be receiving shadows and have the pointy ends chopped off.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Chopped glowy ends.jpg Views:	1 Size:	533.6 KB ID:	5827470

And illusion has made the same mistakes again in the PlayHome trial.
      Last edited by THENewguy1; 10-07-2017, 06:00 AM.

Comment

• Pointy ends should not be modeled pointy because the end would then have only one normal. The normal decides which faces can be back-culled. So you have to model the front-side and back-side of hair separately, like Illusion did.

Comment

• THENewguy1
          THENewguy1 commented
          Editing a comment
          What is back-culled?

• THENewguy1
        To your comment in the uncensor post:
        Yes, but only a plugin could do such a change, and an attempt for SBPR to do so failed.

My goals in modding are always related to changing game files, not writing plugins. And until to my investigation above, I thought that it would be impossible to get rid of the telescoping without writing a plugin, but my experiment worked, and by using the post above it would be possible to make an uncensor with only small telescoping.

Back-culling removes faces before rendering them without need - an optimization. Sb3UGS has an option in the renderer for this as well where you can see the difference.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Back-culling.jpg Views:	1 Size:	383.3 KB ID:	5827555

Comment

• I have a problem with this bunnytop I wanted to make it possible to choose a bra
          and for it to be visible when wearing the top. I am also having the same types of
          problems with the camisole for which I'm wanting the bra to be visible as well.
          Do I need to scale it more or am I missing something?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bunnytop_underbreast.jpg Views:	1 Size:	250.3 KB ID:	5829701
          I've tried different nml files with no luck I am wondering is it The nml or something else?
          It looks ok as long as the breast size stays under fifty.
          Here's the mod if someone could tell Me where I'm messing up?

Any modders out their who wants to take this top
          and fix it and release it may do so.

https://mega.nz/#!14h0HLrT!aPO2RVqWc...V1qX5Y53z431AQ
          Last edited by Bones1983; 10-12-2017, 04:07 PM. Reason: Use the mod for your own if you want!

Comment

• Tutorial on Building assetbundles in unity editor, alternative modding workflow

I made a tutorial might help you import unity assets into studio, if you're already familiar with unity editor, just go to step 9 and get the editor script.

1. Download unity editor, use the exact version of your game, for HS it's 5.3.5 (use the web installer and check windows build support)
            https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive

2. Download free assets, for this tutorial I use Military Vehicles from devassets
            http://devassets.com/assets/military-vehicles/

3. create a new 3D project

4. go to edit - project setting - player, change color space to linear
            Spoiler

5. open the unitypackage we just downloaded and import(and be prepared for errors because packages are not compatible with every unity version, we'll have to resolve it manually)
            Spoiler

6. drag the model into the scene (unfortunately the prefab used in this tutorial failed to load in unity 5.3)

6.1 textures
            MetallicGlossiness map, height map and AO map: change texture type to advance, and check "bypass sRGB Sampling"
            normal map: change texture type to normal map
            Spoiler

Note: This is in the unity 5.3, texture inspector is completely changed after 5.4

6.2 material
            create a material if there's none, and set shader to standard, drag texture into the map slots, do some tweaking, have some fun. and drag materials onto the models.
            If you want to know more about standard shader, please go through these chapters(https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/shad...ardShader.html)
            Spoiler

7. select the model in the hierarchy tree, add component - miscellaneous - animator
            Spoiler

8. create prefabs, and drag the models in hierarchy tree into the prefabs

9. add asset labels to the prefabs

10. go to project folder in windows explorer, make 2 folders named "Editor" and "Assetbundles" in the "Assets" folder, and put the "ExportAssetbundles.cs" script into "Editor" folder

ExportAssetbundles.cs
            Code:
            using UnityEditor;

public class CreateAssetBundles
            {
            [MenuItem ("Assets/Build AssetBundles")]
            static void BuildAllAssetBundles ()
            {
            BuildPipeline.BuildAssetBundles ("Assets/Assetbundles", BuildAssetBundleOptions.ChunkBasedCompression, BuildTarget.StandaloneWindows64);
            }
            }
            11. Assets - Build Assetbundles, now the assetbundle is built in "Assetbundles" folder
            Spoiler

Last edited by plasticmind; 11-11-2017, 03:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bones1983 View Post
              I have a problem with this bunnytop I wanted to make it possible to choose a bra
              and for it to be visible when wearing the top. I am also having the same types of
              problems with the camisole for which I'm wanting the bra to be visible as well.
              Do I need to scale it more or am I missing something?
              You will need the same bone weights in the breast area as e.g. the negligee has, and the same distance of the vertices to the body.

Originally posted by Bones1983 View Post
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Bunnytop_underbreast.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	250.3 KB
ID:	5829701
              I've tried different nml files with no luck I am wondering is it The nml or something else?
              It looks ok as long as the breast size stays under fifty.
              Here's the mod if someone could tell Me where I'm messing up?

https://mega.nz/#!14h0HLrT!aPO2RVqWc...V1qX5Y53z431AQ
              The Nml MB has normals for the correction of painted shadows in the texture. It does not correct bone weights nor vertex positions.

plasticmind:
              Thanks for your tutorial. I have linked it in the Glossary.

Comment

• I figured it had to be bones? I may just remove the bra until I can learn more about bone weights
                Thanks enimaroah!
                Its funny my user name is bones1983
                But I know very little about working with them. Lol!

Comment

• Tops are most challenging, along with gloves (because of the fingers). For beginners I would recommend hair - medium length and longer. The meshes need to be skinned as well, but the bone weights dont need to be that precise. Also easier than clothes are animated items, but while hair gets its animation from DynamicBone physics, for items you would have to create the animation all by yourself.

Comment

• Bones1983
                    Bones1983 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yep! I was actually getting ready to work on some gloves next too! Luckly I only
                    Planned on adding New textures which won't be a problem. I Though about just
                    Adding the bra as a New object. shirt mesh and just deleting the vertices and faces that's Not visible.

• Why not using Illusion's as template then?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	TopsWithBra.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	359.3 KB
ID:	5831257
                  Their bra is designed as separate SkinnedMeshRenderer and has the bone weights you need. And you could probably use it completely.

Comment

• Bones1983
                    Bones1983 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Why I never thought of that? Facepalm! I'll try that pretty soon.

• Hey guys. I just started myfirst clothing mod for Honey Select, but I've been running into a small issue. This first mod is a simple test, which consists in a small modification to the existing short-sleeve leotard swimsuit. I'm mostly following Roy's video tutorial on how to import skinned objects into Honey Select, which he posted into his blog. So, I started by exporting the leotard to an FBX and importing it to blender, using Roy's blender configuration. Then, I deleted everything in the mesh hierarchy, with exception of the submeshes (top, bottom, and zipper), made the modifications I wanted (only the top had any modifications), and proceeded as per Roy's tutorial:

(1) exporting p_cf_body_00 to an FBX file.
                  (2) importing the FBX file into blender with the proper configurations.
                  (3) pasting the meshes of my modified clothes into a new layer.
                  (4) transfering the weights to the three pieces of clothes, making sure to correctly follow the instructions and parameters.
                  (5) parenting the armature to each piece of my modified costume.

I tested in pose mode to check if the weights and armature was set-up correctly, and it was perfect. Since the modifications were quite simple, no further adjustments or fixes were required to each piece. Plus, since I modified them from existing clothes, their origin was already set up correctly to 0 0 0, as well as their rotation. I made sure to limit the weights to 4 in all meshes, and also to triangulate them before exporting.

I started the proccess of creating the asset bundle as per the tutorial. Copied an existing bundle, deleted its contents and changed the CAB string (I used a random generator to generate 16 bytes to substitute the string with). Then, I copied the animator from cf_swim_00/p_cf_swim_leotard_SK (since this one was the basis to my mode, I found it proper to use it to copy my animator) to the empty asset bundle, exported my costume pieces + armature as a new FBX, and opened it with SB3UI 1.7.8.

Now comes my issue: when I expand the animator hierarchy and find the piece I want to substitute with my own, the piece+bones show just fine on SB3UI's renderer screen. But after I substitute the piece with my own mesh, my mesh does not appear in the renderer anymore, only the bones appear. The only exception is the zipper part of the mesh, but this part in particular I did not modify. Now, since my modified meshes do not appear in the renderer, I'm not sure I screwed up or forgot something in the process. Anyone has any idea what I might have done wrong?

Another small issue I had, but this time with SB3UI: when I empty the asset bundle and change the CAB-string, I tried to save it and reopen to check if the process worked out fine, but always when I reopen it, the deleted stuff and the CAB string are restored to their original state before saving. I did open SB3UI as admin. Is this behaviour normal?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• 1Link I don't know about your mesh not shpwing?

Comment

• Sorry hate double posting but my connections bad. Link1 The reason sb3u may not save is you have to save your file in the honey selects install location or it will fail. I don't know why it won't save other then that? As for your mesh not showing! Mine doesn't show all the time either it depends on the display settings in the renderer. I don't know But hope this helps.

Comment

• 1link
                        1link commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks Bones, it seems the issue with the asset bundle not saving was because of the directory. As for the mesh not showing, I tried a few renderer configuring options, with no success, but I'll try using the asset bundle anyway. Perhaps it will work! Thanks for the help!

• hey, need help
                      finally decided to try and have a go at importing items to studio and managed to get the item to appear but for some reason I cant figure out the item appears black but shows applied texture in sb3 render window.
                      any ideas what I did wrong?
                      sigpic

Comment

• So... I finally figured out how properly mod items into the studio and accessories for the character editor. One thing I'm trying to do and couldn't figure out yet though it is how to be able to change 2 different colors in the editor, I've tried splitting the item into separate meshes and giiving it different tags based on the ones I've found but it didn't worked, it keeps allowing for only 1 color to be changed.
                        My Mod Releases:

(I do requests)
                        Check out my webcomics!

Comment

• THENewguy1
                          THENewguy1 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You need to use a multi color shader.
                      Working...
                      X