Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] [Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Please discuss modding about Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) (HS) here.

==[ Modding tools ]=======================
    • SB3UGS note the Experimental Versions!

==[ Useful Links ]=======================
    Last edited by enimaroah; 01-29-2019, 01:35 AM.

• 1link:
    Make sure that your replaced mesh has a material. When Sb3UGS replaces a mesh and the material name is not identical then the mesh is without. The second problem could be related to bones. Check their scaling or try to correct them after replacement with "Rest Pose".

beelzebub3:
    A black mesh in the game could be because of zero normals. Make sure that the normals are correct. You can recompute them in Sb3UGS' Mesh editor with "Normals...".

darkwes:
    I had a look at the simple cone for studioneo. A MeshRenderer with one submesh in one Transform with Tag value set to be using two colours.

Then the female head accessory pigtail, the same: A SkinnedMeshRenderer with one submesh in one Transform with the same Tag value. The band for the pigtail is an extra mesh in its own Transform but is not colourable because of Tag value 0.

So I am not sure what you are doing wrong. I would need your work in progress for checking.
    Last edited by enimaroah; 10-17-2017, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• thanks that solved the problem perfectly
      sigpic

Comment

• enimaroah Thanks for the quick answer! I tried what you suggested regarding the material of the mesh, with no success. I set up one material for each part of my mesh (top, bottom and zipper), named the same as the mesh, but it still did not appear. However, I suspect it is not related to the material, but rather to the bones or the armature. My reasoning is that, once when I exported my meshes as FBX, I forgot to set up the armature as parent of the zipper part of the mesh in blender. When I imported this FBX into SB3U and replaced the zipper part of my asset bundle with the imported zipper, it did show in the renderer, while the top and botom part (which were correctly set up as children of the armature) did not. Later, when I corrected my FBX export with the zipper being child of the Armature, and redone the process of importing it to the animator, it stopped showing in the renderer.

Another reason why I don't think it is material related is because the animator I used (cf_swim_00/p_cf_swim_leotard_SK), which is the same I used as a basis to my custom mesh, did not have a material to begin with!

Right now, I'm rereading your post here on how to import the stuff, as I might have missed something. But trying both solutions you suggested did not work.

Edit: I've also just found your pdf tutorial on how to import meshes enimaroah! So I'll give it a thorough look.
        Last edited by 1link; 10-17-2017, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by enimaroah View Post
          1link:
          Tag value set to be using two colours.
          This is what I'm looking for. The tag value for 2 colors if it is different from the one we use for 1 color (4E2D).

Also, the cone item don't represent what I'm trying to achieve because it have only 1 color (and 1 highlight, but that's not what I meant). A good example of 2 color accessory would be the "mecha" head accessories or the "student bag" item from the studio.
          Last edited by darkwes; 10-17-2017, 06:26 PM.
          My Mod Releases:

(I do requests)
          Check out my webcomics!

Comment

• 1link:
            Hm, a pdf tutorial? I never made such. Nearly all tutorials I made can be found in the Glossary (linked in my signature).

Oh, and one popular pit which beginners often fall into is, that Sb3UGS replaces as SkinnedMeshRenderers by default. In your case this is no problem, but a SkinnedMeshRenderer without bones is not fully functional in Unity. Sb3UGS has a "Convert" function in the Mesh editor for this conversion into a MeshRenderer. Or you can use the Option in the repacement dialog for this conversion.

There is one default swimsuit top with Morphs which is a special case. Not sure if you are using this.

If you attach or link to your workfiles I can lend you a hand.

darkwes:
            Two things:
            • The Material is using a Shader named PBRsp_3mask_uv and uses the following keywords: _TUNINGCOLOR21OR3_ON, _TUNINGSMOOTH21OR3_ON and _TUNINGSPEC21OR3_ON
            • There is a Transform in the hierarchy n_c2 a direct child of N_move. N_move is important for the game. Not sure about n_c2 though.

Last edited by enimaroah; 10-18-2017, 03:14 AM.

Comment

• enimaroah I'm adding a link with .7z with the files I'm using for my mod, together with a small README describing each file. I was able to import my custom asset to HS yesterday, but when I tried it on the game, the mesh was all funky lol, so I guess there is in fact some issue with it. Again, thanks for the help.

Here is the link to the .7z https://www.dropbox.com/s/18ukfzvndv...eotard.7z?dl=0

Comment

• 1link:
                As I said, the Blender export scales all bones by 0.01 and therefore, you cant see the mesh, except when you zoom close to the coordinate's origin.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	BlenderExportWithScaledBones-01.png Views:	1 Size:	102.5 KB ID:	5835174
                What you need to achieve is this:
                Click image for larger version  Name:	BlenderExportWithScaledBones-02.png Views:	1 Size:	110.5 KB ID:	5835175
                And that can be done in Blender's export by scaling by 100 or in Sb3UGs by computing the "Rest Pose" in the Mesh editor:
                Click image for larger version  Name:	BlenderExportWithScaledBones-03.png Views:	1 Size:	36.8 KB ID:	5835176

A bit inconvenient but I prefer to use unscaled import and export settings in Blender. The disadvantage is that the meshes become very small, and that needs compensation. I use the minimal Clip Start=0.001 and Lens=35.0. The advantage is that both scalings in import and export can be used with 1.0.
                Old screenshot from Sb3PR where you can see those settings:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	image_316448.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	313.7 KB
ID:	5835183
                Last edited by enimaroah; 10-18-2017, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• 1link
                  1link commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Haha, damn, I had misread your "Rest Pose" as "Reset Pose" in your previous post, and was trying the renderer Reset Pose button. It worked out perfectly, and I was even able to see it ingame. However, it seems there are still a few issues to work out, like some strange artifacts (that I believe might be normals/shadow related, even though I made sure to correct them after substituting) appearing in the game model. Anyway, thanks for the great help.

• 1link:
                That's great! Keep in mind that the Rest Pose fixes your problem, but it destroys non-standard rest poses. E.g. in older games such a non-standard rest pose was used to pre-bend meshes, like skirts or hair-cuts. You can think of it as an additional animation keyframe which is always added. But if you use Sb3UGs' "Rest Pose" such an additional animation keyframe would be made Identity (spoken matrix-multiplication-wise). So the "correct" way is to revert the import scaling in Blender on Blender's export.

Comment

• 1link
                  1link commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, I think I'll go with the unscalled import/export on blender, as it seems like the better choice longterm.

• Just found the former discussion with Neerhom about these problems.

Comment

• 1link
                  1link commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've been experimenting a bit with non-scaled importing on blender, and I think the best solution (albeit inconvenient) is to import it non-scaled, scale whatever mesh you are working to a nice scale while working on it, and re-scale it back to 1,1,1 before exporting it. The reasoning is that, when I simply use a lower clip start + greater lens value, although I can zoom-in better to adjust details, the edges and vertices appear all funky in edit mode, making them harder to work with. Fixing ngons becomes a bitch, since vertices kinda pop in and out of vision this way. I dunno if it has something to do with my PC though.

• 1link:
                Use whatever is easiest for you. The important thing is, to know where to look when the result looks unexpected.

I am using Blender only on rare occasions and I am still behind (2.78c). It would interesting to know if v2.79 works well with the latest Sb3UGS and if that version would be compatible with Fbx 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by enimaroah View Post
                  1link:
                  I am using Blender only on rare occasions and I am still behind (2.78c). It would interesting to know if v2.79 works well with the latest Sb3UGS and if that version would be compatible with Fbx 2016.
                  It does work and it seems like support for FBX is better now. I don't think that Blender intentionally scales bones, but it's rather a units thing.
                  Though whatever it is it's no longer an issue with 2.79, as now there is an option for how scale is handled for the output file. By default is set to All Local, which results in skeleton/armature transform having scale of 100, but if set to FBX Units Scale, the transform has a nice 1.
                  Making futa/yuri master model
                  CM3D to CM3D2 mod porting
                  Lesbian dual vibrator fix
                  Furry maid set
                  CM3D2.CategoryUnlocker
                  COM3D2.ModLoader
                  COM3D2.CategoryCreator

Comment

• FYI I have made a mistake about reflection probes. I was thinking I would add reflection probes to maps etc. But it turns out reflection probes are not used by the SSR. SSR makes the reflection probes obsolete. Reflection probes plus SSR will result in improper reflection. SSR is more accurate than the probes but has greater performance cost, unless you use a huge number of probes.

EDIT: Whoops, I was right the first time, partially. When using SSR and reflection probes the probes will be used to provide reflections of objects off screen while SSR of course is used for anything on screen while the reflection probes are to be ignore for objects that are on screen.
                    Last edited by THENewguy1; 10-22-2017, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• How can I copy monobehaviors from one asset to another? And can I have the monobehaviors export with the map?

What does it mean when the word animator is purple in the editors window? For illusion's maps the word animator is purple but for my edited map the word animator is black.

Comment

• THENewguy1:
                        Copying MBs can be done via a (any) Workspace, by dragging in and out from and to the ObjectTree. Or, you can "Mark for Copying" / "Paste all Marked" them for transferring between files. The latter method is required for Nml MBs where you dont haven them inside an Animator.
                        Only textual MBs can be exported. Any binary MB could contain references to assets and those would become invalid and could not be made valid in another file. Therefore, I didn't expose such a functionality. It prevents producing corrupt files.

Animators are black, when they have an Animator asset linked in the root Transform. In Unity editor the Animator would be a prefab with an Animator asset. In Sb3UGs I didn't used the term prefab at the beginning, and so there is some mismatch between those meanings.
                        Animators are purple, and then I call them virtual Animators. This happens for AssetBundle files where Sb3UGS can use the AssetBundle asset and its prefab information to generate virtual Animators where no Animator asset is present in the file. This made it easier to implement the handling for both Animators (virtual and physically present ones).
                        In some situations (see the male uncensor tutorial for example) you have to create a virtual Animator (and a virtual Avatar). When ever those virtual assets are created they are never saved in the file. They just help to align situations, and allow to use such computations as creating virtual Avatars which are required to link to animations.

My hope in all this virtual assets stuff was to make things easier and to make workflows the same for AssetBundle files and game files. Still this all requires much practicing and reading in the forum and often asking to understand. Dont hesitate!

Comment

• OMG, I get the p*ss here! Sry guys, but does anyone know here, how to properly import your blender-created .fbx into the honey select neo studio as item with the sb3utility properly? I found this tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5vdHMbyCJU , which was helpful in a way, yet it didn't work for me and god knows why. Since he only communicates with his mouse arrow, it is a "little" bit difficult to understand the f*ck he's doing there, especially as he starts repeating some steps again and again and I don't know what the hell is going on. And honestly I'm just tired of googling and searching forums for answers, because I don't find sh*t. Aren't there any helpful tutorials (which are not in Japanese)? I'm pretty good with blender and want to make some items for the community, but I fail with this stupid import process.

EDIT: NVM for now, I guess I just found something helpful on page 62. I'll check it out.

EDIT2: We could really need a Modding-Tutroial-Subforum here. It's a pain search entire threads for small information pieces.
                          Last edited by Conquestus; 10-22-2017, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X