Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] [Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Please discuss modding about Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) (HS) here.

==[ Modding tools ]=======================
    • SB3UGS note the Experimental Versions!

==[ Useful Links ]=======================
    Last edited by enimaroah; 01-29-2019, 01:35 AM.

• The majority of tutorials is linked in the Glossary. If you miss something there then let me know. And as you can see above, you can ask here. I am nearly always taking the time to explain stuff, even if it is inside tutorials or had been asked before.

A new subforum is not required I think. I will update the FPs of modding discussion threads and the Glossary to your needs, e.g. with an extra section dedicated to Blender. Just let me know what you want to see there.

Comment

• I just really don't know how to make an item, created in blender, make appear in the studio. I finished my work in blender and exported as .fbx (with the settings shown in the video I posted earlier [scale 0.01 etc.]). I used the unity editor 5.3.5 to create a .unity3d file of my meshes + materials + textures and then I tried making it accessible via HSItemResolver (creating .txt + Running the prog)... I guess I make something fundamentally wrong. I guess it has to do something with the SB3Utility - I simply do not understand what the hell is going on in the SB3Utility and how to use it to prepare blender meshes for HS. In the mentioned video the person is using the 00.unity3d from HS and replaces some integrated studio item as it seems with his own meshes, materials and textures (this seemed to be no problem). Yet on some point I simply can not follow him/her - For example how to get rid of all the other items in the 00.unity3d or extract the edited item into its own .unity3d file. So many weird mechanics. It's pretty hard to find anything out related to modelling and importing matters, there is no red line to follow, just some bits of information, here and there (and I hate it).
      Last edited by Conquestus; 10-22-2017, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Okay, the working cycle.
        1. Find an item in the game which is similar to an item your want to create, especially the Material (with its Shader and Texture2D assets).
        2. Find that item with all its resources in the game files with Sb3UGS.
        3. Export that item (mesh).
        4. Import it in Blender. Note the discussion I linked a few posts above!
        5. Dont change anything in Blender (but examine the size for later adjustment of the scaling).
        6. Export it with Blender.
        7. Import it in Sb3UGS. Note the Log window for messages, like missing triangulation or tangents.
        8. Replacement: from the Workspace drag the ImportedMesh's child node for your mesh into the ObjectTree - the Blue Area should be fine, because you haven't changed anything. In other cases the dropping node is relevant and defines the target Transform which should later host the mesh.
        9. If you had chosen an unskinned mesh then it probably was a MeshRenderer, but now after the replacement Sb3UGS made it a SkinnedMeshRenderer. This case is not automatically handled by Sb3UGS, and you have to "Convert" it either in the replacement dialog, or afterwards in the Mesh editor.
        10. Save. Check the replaced item in game. It should look the same, of course.

Now the cycle may not work when you do this first, e.g. because of scaling (unit meter/centimeter) problems. "Rest Pose" might fix it fast, but the better way is to correct the export scaling in Blender and replace the mesh again.

Now something for point #2. In HS there are list entries for linking items into the game - the part HSItemResolver does. Do this manually once! Finding an item is easier when you see its name in the game and then search through all list files, e.g. with TotalCommander or any other binary search program. Open the list file containing that name and learn the geometry file and the name of the Animator from it.

When you know how list files work, and where all folders and files are located, begin to make a copy of that item in your own file. The material is crucial, because you cant create a Material with Sb3UGS; Sb3UGS always needs an original Material asset as template for copying. This saves you the trouble to care much for its attributes and the Shader. Attributes and Textures can be adapted afterwards. Switching to a different Shader later might cause problems.

Let me know if you get stuck on that way.

Comment

• Conquestus
          Conquestus commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, I will give it another shot, next weekend I guess (work's waiting)

• Hello, enimaroah !

I got a quick question: I'm fiddling around with Particle Effects again to make some animated items and this time I wanted to try to create a particle system that creates meshes instead of 2D particles.
        In the Unity Editor everything is working fine and dandy, in HS however the meshes just won't show up and I have no idea why. I tried various things now (Like adding a Mesh Renderer Component to the Particle Editor and what not) but nothing worked.
        The item itself works fine as it still plays the 2D particles, it just leaves out the meshes for some weird reason.

Do you perhaps have an idea what I might be doing wrong? : o

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
        Snooley

Comment

• Hello Snooley,
          Which version of Sb3UGS are you using? V1.7.0 until v1.7.11 produce corrupt ParticleSystem assets for HS. I just fixed it in v1.7.12.

Creating meshes instead of particles doesn't ring a bell. I would have to create a test project in Unity editor. Do you have a demo project or workfiles?

Comment

• Snooley
            Snooley commented
            Editing a comment
            Please check your PM Box. : )

• My next mod, a bundle of 4 halloween makeup!
          You are not prepare!

www.sapuzex.com

Comment

• I know that this has been covered so if someone could kindly point me in the right direction I'd be mighty obliged....
            There is a clothing mod: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...irst-mod-debut
            and it has a sweet guitar as an accessory. I have been trying to port that guitar to the object list for use as an object in Studio Neo with no success and I thought I'd ask for help. Please help.

Comment

• flashthedog
              StudioNeo refused to accept arbitrary list files in my test. So I inserted the entry directly into the list file.

Open studioneo/info/00.unity3d
              1. you wanted it to in the Object category. Categories are listed in ItemGroup_00 and the Object category is 3.
              2. Items are stored by category. So it is ItemList_03_00.
              3. Scroll down to the last used entry - the one beginning with ID 115. The new entry needs its own line below, but it is marked red. Select the last column of that new line you want to have and then click "Last Value".
              4. Fill that line with the following values:
                854 3 Mikku Guitar chara/guitarv4x.unity3d guitarv4x False False False True
                Click image for larger version

Name:	MikkuGuitarInStudioNeo01.png
Views:	1
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	5841250
              5. "Apply" !!! then save the file

Click image for larger version

Name:	MikkuGuitarInStudioNeo02.png
Views:	1
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	5841251

Comment

• flashthedog
                flashthedog commented
                Editing a comment
                Perfect! Thank you, so much!

• For Snooley

Creating Effects with ParticleSystem
              1. Create a new blank Unity project
              2. Unpack EffectWithParticleSystem.7z into this project folder
              3. In Unity select the project's Assets folder, then "uneven". If it is not present, right-click "Refresh". The inspector shows the 'uneven Import Settings'. Change the Scale Factor to 100. This is a centimeter<->meter problem between Sb3UGS, Maja and other programs like Unity and Blender.
              4. Create the hierarchy of GameOjects to your liking then select the child for the ParticleSystem and click "Add Component" in the inspector. Select "Particle System".
                Click image for larger version  Name:	ParticleSystem_with_Mesh-01.png Views:	1 Size:	203.5 KB ID:	5841616
              5. Expand the "ShapeModule" and change the "Shape" to "Mesh".
              6. Click the value of "Mesh" -> "None (Mesh)" and change it to the imported mesh "o_plane00_0".
              7. Set further attributes. I only changed the colour here.
              8. Drag the root GameObject from the scene editor into the Assets working area.
              9. Select it and set the AssetBundle name. This AssetBundle name will be the output filename including its file extension. So "effects" will create a file "effects", not "effects.unity3d". Add the extension manually if you want.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	ParticleSystem_with_Mesh-02.png Views:	1 Size:	141.3 KB ID:	5841617
              10. Right-click in the Assets working area and "Build AssetBundles - Uncompressed". The output files are created in the projects "abdata" folder (according to supplied MenuAB.cs).
              11. Integrate your new AssetBundle file.
                17 ParticleSystem with Mesh Root battle/prefabs/fx/background/front/effects
                Click image for larger version  Name:	ParticleSystem_with_Mesh-03.png Views:	1 Size:	123.0 KB ID:	5841618

Click image for larger version  Name:	ParticleSystem_with_Mesh-04.png Views:	1 Size:	241.4 KB ID:	5841619
              Attached Files
              Last edited by enimaroah; 10-26-2017, 03:13 AM.

Comment

• Snooley
                Snooley commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks so much for this tutorial! I'm happy to report that everything is working as it should, you da man!
                Most excellent. : )

• Does anyone know how to make a girl walk around the room just like in this gif ?

https://gfycat.com/VapidHappygoluckyJunco

Comment

• THENewguy1
                THENewguy1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Must be something they are planning to release later. Where did you find that video.

• zero360
                zero360 commented
                Editing a comment
                reddit......

• So... another question. I've been trying to make transparent materials like glasses but no matter how I change the configurations of the material in SB3U it doesn't work. I've tried to copy settings from other mods but I think I'm missing something. Setting the rendering mode to 2 - transparent and setting CustomRenderQ to 3000 doesn't do the trick, I've seen some glasses with rendering mode 3 as well, but nothing has worked so far on my own materials.
              My Mod Releases:

(I do requests)
              Check out my webcomics!

Comment

• darkwes
                Search for transparent items in the game, e.g. wall with windows, may be even hair. Use Sb3UGS for searching in the game files for this item, hair, etc. You may encounter an external Material - read the tutorial linked in the Glossary about that. Use that Material either by dragging into a workspace or use "Mark for Copying" / Paste all Marked" to use it in your file.

I would recommend to use a local copy of it in your file. Sb3UGS would even allow to use it as external Material as well, but you have to understand AssetBundleManifest files to get this working.

Edit:
                And the alpha channel of the textures should be present properly set, of course.
                Last edited by enimaroah; 10-28-2017, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• To add this^. The reason what you are doing does not work or does not always work is because you need a transparent shader and a transparent material. The only way to get exactly what you want seems to be to make a new material in Unity.

Best easy solution is as enimaroah has said. Find a transparent material in the game that has the properties you need or at least as many as you can get to what you need and copy that material. Then replace and set up textures for the material and change the property settings as you need.

That is what I have done to get the hair to properly receive shadows.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Success.jpg Views:	1 Size:	528.6 KB ID:	5844265

I got the front hair shadowed properly by coping a transparentcutout material that had most of the properties of the default hair material.
                  Last edited by THENewguy1; 10-28-2017, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Hello, i'm new here and i have a real noob question. Every time i download a mod for clothes they always appear invisible and make the character invisible as well, I don't know if i'm saving them in the wrong place or if its something else. Does anyone have an idea of what i'm doing wrong? thanks
                    P.S i think the problem may be with skintexmod.
                    Last edited by Yuffi; 10-30-2017, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yuffi View Post
                      Hello, i'm new here and i have a real noob question. Every time i download a mod for clothes they always appear invisible and make the character invisible as well, I don't know if i'm saving them in the wrong place or if its something else. Does anyone have an idea of what i'm doing wrong? thanks
                      P.S i think the problem may be with skintexmod.
                      You can download the new skintex in the mod release thread, but I don't think that is the problem. That happened to me as well when I installed a set of clothes that wasn't compatible with the skintex mod. So, when I put it on the model, It would show up as invisible. Sometimes it is just a matter of making sure that you meet the prerequisites of the mod itself, for it to show up properly. One other thing that has happened to me was that the slot id was pointing to a different item, so it didn't show up properly until I deleted the item and reinstalled it.
                      I don't know if that is going to help at all, but I thought maybe my situation might be useful, for you to troubleshoot yours. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X