Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] [Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Please discuss modding about Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) (HS) here.

==[ Modding tools ]=======================
    • SB3UGS note the Experimental Versions!

==[ Useful Links ]=======================
    Last edited by enimaroah; 01-29-2019, 01:35 AM.

• TLO
    There are several points.
    • The warning in the Log window "Bad PathID=0 for Asset Reference" could indicate that you started with a file which had been edited with a hex editor or had been edited with an old version of Sb3UGS. The file could be corrupt. Have a look into output_log.txt of the game, you might find an error message.
    • MQO format does not support skinned meshes! Be careful when replacing skinned meshes. It might require double replacement otherwise you will lose the skin of the mesh. And the double replacement technique requires that you have a skinned mesh inside the target Transform which has a very close vertex for each vertex of the mesh you have imported and are going to replace. This is the reason why you cant use arbitrary clothes found in the internet (without having to reskin the mesh).
    • Why does the skirt have two submeshes? and in the screenshot we see only the skirt, which looks like an inner mesh. The workfile could help to give you further details.

Last edited by enimaroah; 12-16-2017, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• TLO
      TLO commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Enimaroah,

- Oh, yes, I have been using the latest version of 1.9.2 on a file from a tutorial package...LOL. I didnt know that SB3UGS is not backward compatiable.
      - Another thing I learned the hard way...I guess it is just not worthwhile using 3D models from other sources. I have spent the whole evening and a morning playing with different settings as well as reducing polygons using Mootools Polygon Cruncher. Number of polygons on the original file is just too high to import into SB3UGS. Conclusion, it is just not advisable to use any 3D models which has no restriction on the number of polygons from the start.
      - The skirt and the ribbon on the back are two separate submeshes, originally from the file.

Greatly appreciated for the assistance. I guess I will hold off and give my brain a rest for now....LOL

• TLO
    There are exceptions to the vertex limitation, to a missing skin, etc. But that requires a lot experience. And that's why I would never recommend to begin with modding clothes. Items, accessories, maps are easier to begin with, and when you want to learn about skinned meshes, begin with hair. Clothes are the hardest. If you know about skinned meshes in general, then for Illusion come Nml MBs and in PH even UVNB MBs for normal correction as additional topics.

About Sb3UGS being not backwards compatible. When I fix data corruption then I dont care! This may be hard for some people, and their old files might get unusable. Highest priority is to be compatible to the game files - Unity is the standard and their versions. I had implemented even their bug in file format because the engine expects it. (Unity had fixed this bug in later versions :-))
    Was it a workfile I had attached to some post? Then I would want to attach a corrected version, of course. Sorry, if I had forgotten. Please let me know which post it was.
    But apart from data corruption I try to retain compatibility when adding new features.

Comment

• TLO
      TLO commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, the mentioned file is from a tutorial package from a Chinese website, not from your post. Hmm... I will take a break for now, perhaps I will try hair MOD in the future for practice. I have always wanted a hair style which no one has make it yet.

• TLO
      TLO commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh no, the mentioned file is from a tutorial package from a Chinese website, not from your post.

• TLO
    Alright, nothing I can correct. If the author is reachable for you then you could try to convince them not to use any hex editor or older version of Sb3UGS. And if they use it because of a missing functionality in Sb3UGS then they should try to contact me. There are several Chinese modders around here which could help translating their needs.

Meshes can not be skinned with Sb3UGS' Unity Plugin. (Such a function was available in Sb3UGS for Illusion's older formats). Now you would have to use Blender, Maya or another 3d editor with a format capable of transporting hierarchy and bone weights (AutoDesk FBX or Collada DAE).
    The alternative to that is that you find a existing hair cut in the game which has very close vertices to each vertex of your hair cut. This "closeness" is not very strict, but e.g. a short hair cut for long hairs would not do. If you find such a hair cut then you can use Sb3UGS to copy its skin onto your hair cut using the double replacement technique. I will describe it again if required. Just let me know.

Comment

• Hello everybody,
      my question about HS modding concerns the clothes transparency. I’ve searched a lot in the forum, but the modding section in really huge and sometimes retrieving information is difficult.
      I have the last HS party full installastion with all the main basic mods installed (GGmod and so on).

So basically the question is:
      Is it possible to set a cloth or part of it partially transparent (so the clothes is visible but there is a see-through effect) only using the alpha channel in a texture?
      Is there a particular dds format for using alpha channel (may be the DXT5 version?)?
      I try to create an alpha channel filled with a shade of grey (60%) to a main texture of a cloth but the cloth (a simple camisole) is still perfectly opaque. Are there some preset allowed dedicated shades of grey to be used to have a partial transparency (for instance 50% is allowed but 51% not?)?
      Moreover are there some textures (the main text or the bump map or both) to be preferentially used for transparency? Is there a particular setup of the parameters of the material ? Is there a particular shader to be used?

Thx you very much in advance, every help is welcome, a reference to a tutorial or a direct answer.

Comment

• Jacky79

Like this?

This required to use a different material with a shader which uses the alpha channel of the main texture as transparency. I simply switched the submesh of the trousers to Material cf_M_ovtop03_00_d_04_00 which uses Shader PBRsp_alpha. The DXT1 texture got an alpha channel into which I painted the loop pattern. To retain the alpha channel I saved it as DXT5, and replaced the original texture.

Comment

• @enimaroah

Thanks for the answer. To be more clear I would like to achieve something similar
          Click image for larger version

Name:	norm.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	5886687from this (left) to this (right) Click image for larger version

Name:	transp.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	5886689

I found this example in a mod but looking at the content of unity3d file i didn't understand how to achieve the goal.

Anyway, if I understand what you wrote, the key is the material. So i have to export from a cloth a certain material that uses Shader PBRsp_alpha. After that I have to set a texture for this material with an alpha channel and the game is done?

Is it right?

Attached Files

Comment

• Unity Materials cant be exported or imported not even as FBX. You have to transport such a material into your file or the material could be referenced externally. Understanding external assets is more complicated. For this reason I would recommend to use the former. Transporting a material comes in two flavors:
            • "Mark for Copying" / "Paste all Marked" from the file's Assets menu.
            • Drag 'n drop into a Workspace, and back into an Animator.

You should use Sb3UGS v1.6.13 or later.

Navigate to the source material which uses the shader of your choice. You will either open an Animator for this, either a "Material & Texture" Animator or a regular. Which type of Animator you open depends on the files. The majority of mods use internal Materials and Shaders. So probably you will open a regular Animator and find the used Materials in the Object Tree (or in the Material list). Selecting a material will show all the material's attributes including the Shader. When you have found the material which you want to copy, open a Workspace (Ctrl-W), drag the material from the Object Tree into the Workspace.
            Open the Animator of your destination, e.g. the shirt's. Drag back the Material from the Workspace into the destination Animator. Select the mesh, and switch the submesh's material to the newly merged material. Reassign all textures according to texture slot. You can do that by comparing the texture slots of old and new material. And as mentioned above, the main texture would have to be edited and replaced.

You should some tutorials in the Glossary to understand terms like Animators, etc.
            Last edited by enimaroah; 12-23-2017, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Hi, I don't know if i'm at the right place for it, but I have a problem with the cowgirl position, more precisely with the dick.. Look this :

Someone can help me ? :/
              Attached Files

Comment

• Guys, I swear I've seen this mod some time ago, but can't find it anywhere today

The mod is about seeing shape of female nipples through all clothes. Basically the mod was enchancing nipple shapes on clothes, making it more visible. Anyone knows what I'm talking about??

Comment

• I've read on this forum that there is a mod to replace the sex sounds, as the ones featured in illusion games aren't really that great. After a while of searching, I haven't been able to find any such mod. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Comment

• Edvance
                    Edvance commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've always wondered why there was never any mod improving those aspects, it's such an important part of the whole experience in my opinion...
                    I guess it's because most ppl use HS just for poser, not for animations.

Anyway, I've been messing around with sounds back in the vanilla HS studio, I've been using SB3Utility tool for this. If you load a file responsible for particular sound with SB3U, you can actually play it - therefore you know exactly which file is responsible for which sound effect in the game. What I did was - I traced the sounds that I didn't use at all, and I replaced them with my own sound files. As far as I remember - they had to be MONO .wav files. If you made them stereo, my game was crashing.

I don't remember it exactly, but for example - I went into HoneySelect/abdata/sound/data/pcm/op and I opened 00.unity3d file with SB3U, I've traced the sounds I wanted to swap, I imported my own .wav files, and then I just deleted the old ones and renamed the new ones with the same name, so that the pathing is the same.

Then in the Studio, there was an option to play custom voice/sounds. I think you could also replace the standard sex sounds like that for the main game. I guess it's a lot of work if you are unfamiliar with SB3U, but messing around with a game like that is the best part I think, if you are into that stuff

• When you replace an AudioClip only the actual sound data are replaced by Sb3UGS - not any of the attributes visible in the AudioClip editor. You need to adapt these attributes manually to match your replaced sound.

Several of these attributes have no explanation. For this reason you should export the original clip and provide your replacement in the same format! You may need the FSBtool to work with that format.

Comment

• Anyone knows what alegretto and clothingmenu mods do? Those mods are available on pastebin, but I can't find any info on the net on what they actually do, I'm trying to open clothingmenu's ui through the shortcut provided, but with no effect (in character creation and studio)

Comment

• Is there a tutorial for getting started making a plugin? Should I be using monoscript for writing a plugin or visual studio xxxx?

Perhaps there is a template to work from?

Comment

• THENewguy1

EusthEnoptEron has written a few instructions at https://github.com/Eusth/IPA how to create a plugin. I am not completely sure, but I thought I had seen an example project somewhere. If I find it I will add it to this post.

Edit:
                        Couldn't find what I had in mind, but EusthEnoptEron created some plugins as well: https://github.com/Eusth/Illusion-Plugins
                        Last edited by enimaroah; 01-03-2018, 04:22 AM.

Comment

• I did a cursory glance through 30 of this thread's page before posting this question. I'm not sure how to search a specific thread using Hongfire. I know the answer must be simple so I hope someone can provide insight.

I started my mods by copying other modders files and injecting and replacing assets.

Do I need create a new cabinet string for my new asset unity3d file (abdata\chara\MyAssetDir\myAsset.unity3D)?
                          Do I need to create a new cabinet string for my new list unity3d file (abdata\list\characustom\MyList.unity3D)?
                          If I give the asset unity3d file a new cabinet string, do I use the same string for the list file?

I gave the textures / materials a new, unused SlotID.

Additionally, is there a way to modify a texture's position in SB3Utility without having to edit it in an outside paint / photo program and then replacing it? I just want to nudge a texture up and to the right and would like all its channels--R, G, B, and Alpha--to move.
                          Last edited by drexplus; 01-04-2018, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X