Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] [Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Please discuss modding about Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) (HS) here.

==[ Modding tools ]=======================
    • SB3UGS note the Experimental Versions!

==[ Useful Links ]=======================
    Last edited by enimaroah; 01-29-2019, 01:35 AM.

• drexplus
    Not sure if you still need tips since it had been a while since you posted. The Glossary linked in my signature has links to several tutorials, e.g. in HS section one for creating a simple item. Start with it, then ask if you got stuck. Increase difficulty in small steps; a beginning with something too complicated will fail very easily.

nCloth service
    If someone wants to make items like a blanket and needs help with the modeling then continue to read. If you dont have Maya at hand and provide the scene then I will make such as the attached blankets for you. The scenes could be made with Blender or Max or another 3d editor. Include the static geometry, like the floor, bed and the original shape of the blanket, e.g. a scaled box. Then add the characters and let them pose.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	nCloth_scene.png Views:	1 Size:	318.4 KB ID:	5907896
    Materials, textures will be your work and therefore you should provide the blanket geometry with its UVs.
    Attached Files

Comment

• It's been a while since I asked a question here, but you guys explained things clearly enough in the past that I've been able to figure out a lot on my own since.

So, I'm dealing with a flat mesh on a studio item that appears invisible on one side. Someone suggested I try "backface culling;" any thoughts or pointers there?

Thanks in advance, as always.

Comment

• Neerhom
        Neerhom commented
        Editing a comment
        Well the backface culling is what makes it invisible on one side. In 3D modeling the face has a front and a back, which is determined by direction of it's normal. The games usually have backface culling in place, which make backside of face to not be rendered. I don't recall if there is an option for mesh/skinned mesh have double-sided face, and if not, then you can simply duplicate mesh faces and flip normals on resulting duplicate.

• saint1228
        saint1228 commented
        Editing a comment
        That was the other option suggested, to duplicate the mesh and reverse the normals. I've never done that before--I'm a real amateur when it comes to Blender--but if that ends up being the only way to do it, well, then I guess that's what I gotta do...

• Neerhom
        Neerhom commented
        Editing a comment
        saint1228
        there isn't much to it. In edit mode press Shift+D to duplicate, then Space to confirm. After that T for ToolShelft, and Under Shading press Invert Normals. Assuming baclface culling does it's job (which was the case with CM3D2 shaders with culling) then you'll get two-sided mesh. If you observe any glitches, then this would mean z-figting, in which case instead of duplicating mesh's faces, simply solidify it with Ctrl+F-> Solidify or use Solidify modifier and give it enough thickness so the glitches disappear.

• There are no double sided meshes in the game. Front and backside faces must have their own vertices. The reason is simple: each vertex has only one normal. If you would add the backside of face as a new face and use the same three vertices then the normal will be computed to match one side but not the other. And the area of the latter would become black. Therefore, you must duplicate the geometry for the backside and invert it (the name of the function may vary depending on your 3d editor).

Backface culling is a rendering option in Sb3UGS.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	BackfaceCulling.png Views:	1 Size:	41.4 KB ID:	5910187 Look under a skirt and change the Culling option in the renderer. In general you want that option to be checked. That's how the games render the meshes.

If floating point precision should cause slightest differences in the positions of corresponding vertices then you will meet another problem: the famous z-fighting :-)
      Last edited by enimaroah; 01-25-2018, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Thanks enimaroah and Neerhom for making that clear enough for me to understand. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Comment

• Hi everyone, does someone have a problem like on the screenshots?
          It appears only in HoneySelect but not in Studio
          How i can fix it?
          https://imgur.com/a/EAnPK

Comment

• Does anyone know how to make swim suite into a normal top?
            I was able to use sb3u to edit the list file to make the suite appear as a normal top.
            However, when i load the normal top, I only see the cloth, but no body. Can anyone teach me how to add a body mesh to a swim suite?

Comment

• jiamflash
              Every top costume needs two bodies, one for fully dressed and a second for half naked state, preferably cut to show only visible parts. As soon as those bodies let you see some parts of the breasts, the corresponding body needs the normal correction from the NML MonoBehaviours.

You can find Make your own clothes / texture variant and other tutorials linked in the Glossary. The NML part is in an extra post right below.

And if you got stuck you can ask here again.

Comment

• jiamflash
                jiamflash commented
                Editing a comment
                ok I was able to get almost everything working. Final hurdle is that when I make swimbot as a normal bot, the skirt shows up correctly as a normal bot. However, during game play I cannot take the skirt off/or go half off. Any idea?

• Originally posted by enimaroah View Post
              jiamflash
              Every top costume needs two bodies, one for fully dressed and a second for half naked state, preferably cut to show only visible parts. As soon as those bodies let you see some parts of the breasts, the corresponding body needs the normal correction from the NML MonoBehaviours.

You can find Make your own clothes / texture variant and other tutorials linked in the Glossary. The NML part is in an extra post right below.

And if you got stuck you can ask here again.
              ok I was able to get almost everything working. Final hurdle is that when I make swimbot as a normal bot, the skirt shows up correctly as a normal bot. However, during game play I cannot take the skirt off/or go half off. Any idea?

Comment

• Originally posted by jiamflash View Post

If no plugin allows changing to half-naked state then you could make a half-naked state as an extra costume and let the girl wear it all the time.

I see that you were undecided about the form of posting. There is no strict rule to it, but when I want to make a point to a discussion then I create a post. A comment to a post is no real contribution to the discussion, more something like when you want to agree and say 'Right!' or 'Never!' in case of disagreement. Many folx here start discussions in comments, but that does no good to the thread in my personal opinion. If a point is worth an extra discussion then it would be better to start a new thread for it.

Comment

• Noted as to posting etiquette!
                  I am currently trying to use the the matrix transform tool on the sb3u object tree to to scale some mods for honey select. Let's say I just want to do a 50% scaling in the X direation, so I enter 0.5 at the X-scale cell on the matrix and then hit "apply change". I then save the unity3d, then load the game. However the scaling does not seem to take affect. I remember this used work on some older illusion game, but it does not seem to work for honey select.

I am using sb3u 1.9.9.

Comment

• It depends on the type of renderer and the position of the Transform. A MeshRenderer would be scaled by any (one) parent Transform. A SkinnedMeshRenderer is scaled by its bones, not by its parent Transforms (with the exception for parent Transforms which are also parent to the skeleton root).

So I would need to know a bit more of your mod to give further hints. E.g. a SkinnedMeshRenderer is always created by Sb3UGS when you import and replace a mesh, but this might lead to an empty bone list and you probably want to "Convert" the SkinnedMeshRenderer into a MeshRenderer.

You could either describe your situation or attach a workfile. This would make my explanation easier and more precise.

And thanks for using the latest version of Sb3UGS. I always seek to make changes for the latest games to be compatible and usable for all supported versions of Unity, but I dont have the time to test older titles with the same intensity. It helps alot when modders do some of that testing for me and report their experiences.
                    Last edited by enimaroah; 02-06-2018, 01:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by enimaroah View Post
                      It depends on the type of renderer and the position of the Transform. A MeshRenderer would be scaled by any (one) parent Transform. A SkinnedMeshRenderer is scaled by its bones, not by its parent Transforms (with the exception for parent Transforms which are also parent to the skeleton root).

So I would need to know a bit more of your mod to give further hints. E.g. a SkinnedMeshRenderer is always created by Sb3UGS when you import and replace a mesh, but this might lead to an empty bone list and you probably want to "Convert" the SkinnedMeshRenderer into a MeshRenderer.

You could either describe your situation or attach a workfile. This would make my explanation easier and more precise.

And thanks for using the latest version of Sb3UGS. I always seek to make changes for the latest games to be compatible and usable for all supported versions of Unity, but I dont have the time to test older titles with the same intensity. It helps alot when modders do some of that testing for me and report their experiences.
                      I am working with Honey Select .unity3d files. I an just trying to make an in game skirt to be small in the X-direction(i know it will clip and all,but I am just experimenting). You are indeed correct that on the object tree it's called SkinnedMeshRenderer. Can you tell me how to "Convert" the SkinnedMeshRenderer into a MeshRenderer? Is that a existing functionality in SB3U?

See p_cf_swim_schoolcc in the base game cf_swim_07.unity3d. I was just toying with scaling p_cf_swim_schoolcc.

Comment

• Edit it says missing MeshRenderer MeshFilter type when I hit the convert button, see attached
                        Attached Files

Comment

• OK i was able to convert using 1.4.2, it seems the asset bundle is missing on the latest version. After conversion, scaling now works. However, the peace of clothing seem to be no longer "follow" the character around. The piece of clothing that is converted to meshresnder will simply float still in space and lost all animation.

Anyways to fix that?

Comment

• Wrong interpretation! v1.4.2. did not check for the missing type definition and so you made your file incomplete or corrupt. Read the message from the newer Sb3UGS when it pops up. It contains instructions how to solve the problem correctly.

Type Definitions are not generated in Sb3UGs, but can be copied from other AssetBundle files provided that those files include them. And that copying is done automatically in Sb3UGS. All you need to do is to open such an AssetBundle file. Always use files from the same game. You might see another warning even then about different file versions. Read it when it pops up, it includes hints.

A skirt should be a SkinnedMeshRenderer and should not be converted. A conversion into a MeshRenderer drops the skin and then no animation can deform the mesh anymore (neither physics nor skeletal bone animation).

When you want to scale a SkinnedMeshRenderer and scaling is a simple deformation you have two choices (in general).
                            • You could use the root of the skeleton. This is normally cf_J_Root and put your scaling there. This works fine in Sb3UGS's preview. But as soon as you would apply any animation your scaling would be reverted (if the AnimationClip contains a track for that bone). You can check that with Sb3UGS as well.
                            • The alternative: apply your scaling to every Bone of that SkinnedMeshRenderer. This is a kind of single frame animation which is always applied before any other animation. Disadvantage: there is only one such animation frame. And if the SkinnedMeshRenderer already has a modified "Rest Pose" then you would have to combine both transformations.

Last edited by enimaroah; 02-07-2018, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X