Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] [Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Please discuss modding about Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) (HS) here.

==[ Modding tools ]=======================
    • SB3UGS note the Experimental Versions!

==[ Useful Links ]=======================
    Last edited by enimaroah; 01-29-2019, 01:35 AM.

• Dunno if this is the right thread to post this, but here goes

Anybody have the specs for Honey Select save game format? I notice that Illusion since moving to unity3d uses PNG files for save game. From what I'm able to determine, HS appends it's own data after PNG's IEND chunk. The byte code for the first 4 bytes seems to be [1C E3 80 90] for HS character maker saves. After that I don't have any idea to parse the 10kb+ additional data.

Also, can anybody point me to some resources on creating plugins for HS?

Thanks

Comment

• Your post is placed correctly.

I made a parser for such data in PNG files of PPD a few years ago. But isn't there at least one character editor for HS already in the HS mod release subforum?

Plugins are usually based on IPA which is developed and released on github. I am not quite sure but there should be an example plugin included from EusthEnoptEron, the author of IPA.

Comment

• Originally posted by enimaroah View Post
        I made a parser for such data in PNG files of PPD a few years ago. But isn't there at least one character editor for HS already in the HS mod release subforum?
        If you're refering to Ultra Char Editor by 14mhz then yes. But I found the GUI is cumbersome/confusing, clipped outside the screen for 1600x900, forcing me to drag & drop which I really hate, not to mention 160mb+ just for the libs (the editor's code itself is just 3.79mb, dunno why he/she included BOTH Swing and JavaFX libs). I'm thinking "Why can't it be (the GUI) more like SB3U" (note: the last time I'm modding is AG3).

I tried to contact the author directly but so far no response. Then I tried to reverse engineer the editor myself. I got as far as the header data, preview/summary data, and body/face shape/colors data. However, my reverse engineering seems to screw up the part which reads the clothing data, particularly when reading skeletons for accessories. He/she seems to know a lot about the data structure, so I'm guessing the specs is up somewhere.

Originally posted by enimaroah View Post
        Plugins are usually based on IPA which is developed and released on github. I am not quite sure but there should be an example plugin included from EusthEnoptEron, the author of IPA.
        Thanks, I'll be trying that. One question though. AFAIK the IPA supposed to be universal for all Illusions game. Doesn't each games have specific code/api/workflow?

Comment

• jared19
          Sorry, but I cant help you with other tools and I dont reverse engineer - neither tool nor Illusion's code or Unity engine.

And I dont develop game plugins. So I cant help you further than with that link to IPA. You could try to contact other authors of game plugins via PM or VM.

Comment

• I'm having an issue doing something that I don't think should be hard.
            I made one edit to a mod, to make something colorable. So now I want to pack that up into something seperate.
            I'm using SB3Utility. I think the process goes like this: Select the animator of the thing I edited, select all the things it loaded, go to create mod and remove the mod part of the filename so it'll replace it.
            It doesn't work and gives me this:
            Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
            Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
            Which confuses me cause I thought I selected all the stuff loaded up. Am I totally off track, cause this doesn't seem like it should be hard!

Comment

• Nothingseen
              It is simpler. Sb3UGS knows all dependencies. So you only "Mark for Copying" the Animator which will then be underlined. Then switch to your mod file, e.g. a copy of a small unity file of the same game with preferably little contents, and in this target file's Asset menu you will "Paste All Marked".

Never use a Unity file's "Deploy Mod" / "Patch" / "Revert Patch" functions, unless you target a file which is subject of several modders, e.g. resources.assets where several modders would create uncensors which a user then wants to swap. This functionality was never used until now (counting from HaremMate).

Please let me know the outcome, and if it doesn't work please provide detailed information about the Animator you want to copy. I would need to know all assets types and whether any of the assets would reference external assets. You can also give me a link to the mod with the original file and I will investigate on my own.

Comment

• Oh, that'll do it. I was totally off. Now just to figure out list files and how to remove things of archives so it can be completely clean.
                Thanks a bunch! I'd been banging my head against it for a few days now. I never thought to just, you know, copy and paste.

Comment

• I am not sure if I am posting under the right thread/topic but I was wondering if it's possible to get all the animations including h animations from PlayHome and import them into Honey Select Studio NEO? I tried doing this myself but I am having trouble when it comes to the listing for the animation names to show up in Studio NEO.

Comment

• opedius247
                    Each PH animation would have to be exported to FBX and recreated in a valid file for HS which is Unity 5.3.5. You could either use an existing file and "Paste All Marked" an AnimationClip or you create a new file from a copy of an existing file - preferably one with AnimationController and AnimationClips. Regardless which method you choose you will replace the exported animation in that destination file.

Adapting the MonoBehaviours in abdata\studioneo\00.unity3d or abdata\studioneo\info\00.unity3d and 04.unity3d to produce another entry in the animation list should be much easier. You might want to edit several to create a extra groups for PH in FemaleAnimeGroup_XX. The group number must be entered in the second column of your FemaleHAnime_YY_ZZ_00.

Comment

• Im looking for a mod that adds more female on female positions whithin the game, does such one exist? I am aware of this one "http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/hentai-lair/hf-modding-translation/honey-select-mods/5683939-shortcuts-plugin-pov-futa-animations-etc-updated-to-v1-7-2017-09-01", however it does not add any new ones though.

Comment

• First time posting. I want to edit some of the vanilla cloths meshes and textures, is there a list of all the cloths and where to find their meshes?

Comment

• GT StarScream
                          I dont know of such a list, but for vanilla clothes you could check the list files to find out the file and Animator to open. This works best if you disable translation first.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	FindingClothes01.png
Views:	1
Size:	417.0 KB
ID:	5945507Click image for larger version

Name:	FindingClothes02.png
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	5945508Click image for larger version

Name:	FindingClothes03.png
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	5945509
                          The only additional information you will need is the file with the material and textures. For this reason I expanded the opened files list in the last screenshot. The materials/textures file name follows always the clothes file. So any clothes file ending with say 05 will require mat_cha_05.unity3d.

Comment

• Quick question, if when you go to load clothes and instead the body becomes invisible, what'd you mess up? The list file or the animator?

Comment

• Nothingseen
                              It depends on the category of clothes what is shown. If you see the naked body, then you tried some non-top clothes which fail to load. If you would have made top clothes then there would be no body at all.

But in both cases your list entry must have been integrated successfully. Otherwise you wouldn't have been able to select it. But of course, a visible list entry is no guarantee for being valid.

Comment

• It's a top, and there's no body at all. So it's not in the list? All right, at least I know where to look. I kept changing things in the list file and nothing happened, cause all I did was change a tag.

Comment

Working...
                                X