Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] [Modding] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Please discuss modding about Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) (HS) here.

==[ Modding tools ]=======================
    • SB3UGS note the Experimental Versions!

==[ Useful Links ]=======================
    Last edited by enimaroah; 11-19-2018, 02:05 AM.

• The AssetBundleManifest Asset

Using external material, shaders and textures requires the game to know which file to load first. And that information is NOT taken from the geometry file where the external resource is referenced!

The information is set in the AssetBundleManifest asset which is inside an extra file. For HS those files are found in the abdata folder and have no extension. They are limited to {add|battle|sound_adv_add|studio|studioneo}dd where d means a digit 0-9.
    This folder is one big exception where backups created by Sb3UGS (.bak?.none) produce conflicts! You must remove backups here, for your own AssetBundleManifest files when you edit them.

Example for map/00.unity3d entry:
    ID AssetBundle Hash128 Dep #1 Dep #2
    106 map/00.unity3d f27b6e54751e260ec8f7b083f13e949d 115 134
    115 sound/data/env.unity3d d92ad53d3994c1ce2b9304d85d322394
    134 mat_etc_00.unity3d 0ba75a3d5f15a95b306f1f8f0f9c4a49
    The dependencies for the map/00.unity3d file cause the game to load sound/data/env.unity3d and mat_etc_00.unity3d. And this way the resources of these two files become valid.

As a small helper to find out the referenced files, you can use 'Dump AssetBundle' from the file's Options menu. The Log window will show:
    Code:
    ABName=map/00.unity3d
    dependencies=2
       sound/data/env.unity3d
       mat_etc_00.unity3d
    isStreamedSceneAB=False
    See the post linked in the Glossary about the Small excursion about external materials and textures for the reference entries used by Unity. The excursion has a second part which shows how to link files.

Back to the entries in the AssetBundleManifest, the hash value is not checked by the game. You can leave it as it is or set it to all zeros.

Important! You can name a file only once in all ABMs. That's the catch. So plan your mods carefully. A second mod using a file of a former mod would have to merge both ABMs!

The ABM editor in Sb3UGS doesn't allow pasting contents, you must edit every line manually. But you can delete several lines in one go by shift-selecting several.

When you build your list entry, there is always at least one column for the file with the AssetBundleManifest (sometimes an extra entry for thumbnails, etc). For HS it is the fourth column.
    Paths in list entries such as chara\73lac7c\Clothing\TwoPhasedSuit\twophasedtext ures.unity3d are too long. I haven't found out the longest possible path, but when the same file is put into a shorter path it was accepted.

Comment

• Hello guys, I know it's been a long time since this game's release. I am terribly confused (just got my copy of Honey Select now for the first time) so I am here to ask a little question. What do I need if I simply want to be able to take high quality screenshots in Honey Select, Studio, and NEO, without any watermarks? That's all I want. I am unsure if there's a mod that can do that all-in-one, but can anybody tell me what I need and how to do it? And if I'm in the wrong thread can somebody please point me the right way? I have zero modding experience and Google didn't exactly do a good job of finding me an exact match with what I want. Please and thank you.

Comment

• There should be a watermark removal mod included in the HF patch. And you could also search in the HF mod subforum for such.

I have lost track of the mods, but you could remove or replace the watermark image in game file with Sb3UGS yourself.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Watermark_removal.png
Views:	1
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	6470661

Comment

• Honey Select - Custom Map how to import?

I have created a 3d custom map on unity 3d and exported it as a UNITY3D file does anyone know how i can import it into Honey select so i can use it on NEO and studio?

I used build web player to export but if that's not the way to do it could someone point me in the right direction please.

Comment

• Honey Select - Custom Map how to import?

I have created a 3d custom map on unity 3d and exported it as a UNITY3D file does anyone know how i can import it into Honey select so i can use it on NEO and studio?

I used build web player to export but if that's not the way to do it could someone point me in the right direction please.

Comment

• Welcome to HF!

Maps were created as items, because they can be positioned and scaled easier then. But you can integrate a map as such as well. It would be just a different list file and entry. If you want it as item then you would create a special file for HiR Neo for automatic integration.

Regardless if item or map, your geometry file should be an AssetBundle file - compressed or not, it doesn't matter. And it should include a Excel MonoBehaviour with the name of the file without extension. Its contents has the following form:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Map-ExcelMB.png
Views:	1
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	6551352
              Images are self-explanatory so create and insert them accordingly. There could be one thing, which would be not so obvious. The AssetBundleManifest. If your file should not be loaded and your included image is not in the map selection then try to create an AssetBundleManifest file. You can use the file add04 as template, make a copy of it and adapt the contents with Sb3UGS. There is a link in the Glossary with an explanation about ABMs.

Comment

• Are they any mods that add new poses to the character editor (I mean the part of the game where you modify the body and outfits of the girl)? All the poses are static (except for one), and I wonder if there's a chance to add more poses with the girl walking, dancing or swaggering, like in Schoolmate 1. Thank you.

Comment

• Stormrider666
                  I made an additional animated pose for the demo, but I haven't seen such for the game.

Custom poses should be possible with some plugin. Additional animations require the knowledge of Constraints. Those can be created in a 3d editor along with the animation or in Sb3UGS during replacement.

Comment

• This is a very basic getting started guide for setting up a Visual Studio project, that creates a plugin .dll for the IPA framework for HS.

I am by no means an expert.

I couldn’t find a beginner’s tutorial and had to figure out a few things by myself. I wrote this, so it may save someone else some time. The tutorial is basically a hello world plugin for HS, which shows some text in-game and you can build on it from there. It assumes you know the basic features of Visual Studio and know at least a little C#.
                    1. Download and install the IPA framework for HS, make sure it works by installing an IPA based Plugin. There are tutorials of how to do this, so I won’t go into detail.
                    2. Download and install Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition
                      1. When installing, make sure to install C# development tools
                    3. Create a new VS project with this template “Visual C# Class Library (.NET Framework)”
                      1. Set the target framework to .NET Framework 3.5 (this is at the bottom of the dialog)
                      2. Give your project a meaningful name, for the tutorial we’ll use the non-meaningful name “SuperHSPlugin”. Hit “OK”, this will create the project
                    4. In Solution explorer, right click add references and browse for these files:
                      1. (your game path)\IPA\Data\Managed\IllusionPlugin.dll
                      2. (your game path)\StudioNEO_64_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll
                      3. (your game path)\StudioNEO_64_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll [this one is optional, you need it if you want to mess with the camera]
                    5. You’ll need to classes to start. The first class implements an interface, so your stuff is loaded through the IPA framework. The second class contains your actual implementation.
                      1. We’ll call our first class “SuperHSPluginBase”, which implements IPlugin
                      2. And our second class “SuperHSPlugin”

We’ll keep it simple and only add some GUI elements, when a level is loaded. Later on you can use other methods to do stuff during other events.

The first class looks like this:

using System;
                    using IllusionPlugin;
                    using UnityEngine;

namespace SuperHSPlugin
                    {
                    public class SuperHSPluginBase : IPlugin
                    {
                    string IPlugin.Name => "SuperHSPlugin";

string IPlugin.Version => "1.0.0.0";

void IPlugin.OnApplicationQuit()
                    {
                    }

void IPlugin.OnApplicationStart()
                    {

}

void IPlugin.OnFixedUpdate()
                    {

}

void IPlugin.OnLevelWasInitialized(int level)
                    {

}

void IPlugin.OnLevelWasLoaded(int level)
                    {

GameObject gameObject = GameObject.Find("CommonSpace");

bool flag = false;
                    SuperHSPlugin[] componentsInChildren = gameObject.GetComponentsInChildren<SuperHSPlugin>( );
                    for (int i = 0; i < componentsInChildren.Length; i++)
                    {
                    SuperHSPlugin myPlugin = componentsInChildren[i];
                    flag = true;
                    }
                    if (!flag)
                    {
                    gameObject.AddComponent<SuperHSPlugin>();
                    }
                    }

void IPlugin.OnUpdate()
                    {

}
                    }
                    }
                    1. The second class looks like this:

using UnityEngine;

namespace SuperHSPlugin
                    {
                    public class SuperHSPlugin : MonoBehaviour
                    {
                    public string stringToEdit = "Hello World\nI've got 2 lines...";

public void OnGUI()
                    {

// Make a multiline text area that modifies stringToEdit.
                    stringToEdit = GUI.TextArea(new Rect(10, 10, 200, 100), stringToEdit, 200);

// add a label
                    GUI.Label(new Rect(505, 75, 100, 100), "Hello World");
                    }

}
                    }

Ok, now you can build the project. You shouldn’t get any errors. Find your .dll in the debug output directory of your VS solution and copy it to:
                    (your game diectory)\Plugins

Your plugin should be loaded and when you start StudioNEO you should see the text area and the label we’ve added.

Comment

• Minas, I have merged your post into the modding discussion and linked it in the FP. It isn't a mod by itself. So I found your post more useful in here.

Comment

• Hello! I am looking for some help.
                        I am a super noob with mods but I am looking for how I can edit or create a list file.
                        I have some conflicts with some mods I can't resolve with the resolver so I am wondering if I can make a new list file to resolve it.

I don't know where to start, thanks for any info!

Comment

• I doubt that this works, except if you organise all new items on your own from now on. Separate list files might not be recognised from HiR(neo).

The terms 'list files' and 'list entries' are derived from the folder name they are placed in. There are several though the game, but you will have no problems to find the correct one. For StudioNeo the list information was structured slightly different and the folder had been changed to 'info'. When DLCs were released, the new list files followed the older schema, but the info folder was not changed. This might be confusing a little at the beginning. Still you should study all list files, because you have to find the highest used ID in order to add a new item. IDs of items MUST be consecutive!

Each list folder includes files generally named in the form of two digits + '.unity3d'. Drop those files into Sb3UGS for editing. Other names in these folders are accepted as well.

The Glossary has a tutorial named 'a simple example for a studio item' which begins with a description of the list entry. Links to Sb3UGS and Glossary can be found in the FP and in my signature.

Comment

• Is there somewhere here kind of download/installation guide for game and must have+optional utilities and mods? Or maybe some repack file with already installed most useful staff+ optional mods? It just bit confuse with all that bunch of staff that need to search, mess around, install in right order and do some kind of extra staff like with that ipa plugin conflict resolver and etc. Especially it hard put all together for people like me with extremely low English knowledge.

I already install game EMF Patch and put over couple mods and it work okay in first look. But how i understand over time reading this forum that many content is just not work, game has version 1.1 instead 1.2. Dont have neo studio, party dlc content and etc.

And I wondering about extra map and animation content in basic game(not studio). Is there somewhere mods like that? Which add extra map in game, and give option to use custom presets of animations in H scene like just dance girl, or sleeping, or talking with another girl etc.
                            Last edited by fadfox; 12-01-2018, 05:51 AM.

Comment

• Did someone ever managed to add custom 3D SE into studio or studio neo?

Been wasting days without any success. Using HiR, they appearing on the 3DSE item list on studio neo, but they simply does work when selecting them.

After looking on the net, it seems nobody ever made any sounds mod fo HS?
                              artificial girl 2 kodu kiwi! no... doku! wiki!
                              ag2harem official site u_u (actual version is 02b18)

Comment

• Testing... in progress. I will update this post a few times.

My last item has ID 670. So I added
                                671 13 Copy studioneo00 studioneo/00.unity3d p_si_3dse_00 False False False False
                                to ItemList_13_00 as a simple copy of an existing sound effect. And that was selectable and worked flawlessly.

I suspect that you are missing an AssetBundleManifest file which would let studioneo load the additional file with the included sound.

Edit:
                                Sb3UGS would need to be extended to allow AudioSource, AudioMixerGroup and AudioClip assets to be copied and edited.

You would have to build an AssetBundle in Unity editor with such asses and a prefab analog to those referenced in the list entries for 3D SE.

Edit2:
                                verified, that an entry in an AssetBundleManifest is NOT required.

Edit3:
                                and success! But although I made it with Sb3UGS, it is not prepared for this task.

A custom sound can be integrated into a copy of abdata\studioneo\00.unity3d. You need to open the Animator named in your list entry, and dump the AudioSource to find out the referenced AudioClip name. Then you rename your custom sound file to that name (plus extension) and replace it with Sb3UGS.
                                Last edited by enimaroah; 12-04-2018, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X