Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Tools] RPG Maker AUTO Translator

Hey guys,

An anon over at 8ch's /hgg/ developed a tool that automatically machine translates Japanese strings of RPG Maker games to English IN the game. In other words, you no longer have to go through various hooks in ITH or chiitrans hunting for the correct text in stubborn games. It also caches the translated blocks so they can be easily accessed next time.

Installation
    1. Download and install Ruby 2.2.x (32 bit). I'm not sure if you need the optionals before the main install but just get them anyways. https://rubyinstaller.org/downloads/
    2. Download and extract the translator program. https://github.com/RPG-Maker-Transla...ker-Translator
    3. Run the .exe, open up settings in the top left and specify the folder for the output dir. Make sure there are no Japanese characters in the path. (It should look like C:/Folder/OutputFolder)
    4. Specify the game you want translated by finding its .exe in the game directory path row. Again, make sure there are no Japanese characters in the path.
    5. Hit translate then wait

If you get stuck on "cache loading", open up auto_translate.rb in notepad, delete the contents, and then copy all the text from line 2 down in https://ghostbin.com/paste/gzrs5

Also, since the project is open-source, and I don't know how to code, if someone knows how to integrate an offline translator like ATLAS, that'd be great since right now it's using an online translator. (or make a program that can take the string in and return the translation, then the creator said he would integrate it himself.)

A few pictures: http://imgur.com/a/PCjUh

Wow thanks for sharing, and thanks to the great anon who made this.

Comment

I need help using this thing. What does it mean that the file directory doesn't exist and how do I fix this problem?

Comment

Hi this looks like a great solution for those Rpg's on japanese that i wanna play, but i follow the instruction and I always end up in the following problem. dont know what am i doing wrong here, or whats the problem, can u help me pls? :/

PD: i know the text in the image is in spanish sorry. but maybe the problem looks familiar xd
        Attached Files
        Last edited by AsuryanHazard; 04-12-2017, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Hello i got identical problem like AsuryanHazard can someone help?

Comment

Thank you it works or atlest it started doing something will see when its finishes
            BTW for that error even if you have 64x system get 32x ruby program i try with 64x and get same error but when i try with 32x (also when i install 32x i click 2 of the boxes so maybe that was problem) and it worked atleast i don't get that error.
            P.S. sorry english is not my primery language hope this helps.

Comment

Help!!! just as you said Ruby 86x i followed ;-; marked says ''RgssDecrypter Crashed with message: Resouce temporarily unavailable @ io_write - <STDOUT>''
              Last edited by HentaiEcchi123; 05-30-2017, 01:38 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Comment

Works like a charm.. The translation is not 100% though. It only translate dialogue plus superrrr messy English, at least I understand what the game wants and what I need to do.
                Also the instruction is kinda incomplete it will lead anyone to errors. Here's a quick thing what I do :

1. Download and install Ruby 2.2.x.x (x86) or (x64) based on your OS - Remember to use v2.2.X.X - During installation check all three box options.
                2. Download all files https://github.com/RPG-Maker-Transla...ker-Translator (click the green button clone download)
                3. Extract all the files into one folder. After that double click "RPGMakerTranslator.exe"
                4. Click "Settings" on the top left window > Set "Output Dir" to your desired location (this is where your translated game will be placed) > Save
                5. Now click the "..." to browse the game location that you want to translate > Select Game.exe (Remember must not have any japanese letters so edit it to alphabet)
                6. Click "Translate" button on the bottom window > Now wait.. My game is 200mb but it takes at least 2 hours to finish (based on your PC performance I guess)

Comment

Hey, I need some help with this program. I do all the steps above and a see a new "RPG Maker Auto Translate - en.log" file appear but when i run the game nothing is changed. Am i doing something wrong? if so please help.

Comment

This shit completely broke my game. Every time I try to load it up, it starts up then immediately closes. I have re-installed the game numerous times and nothing has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by FlutterMedic12 View Post
                      Hey, I need some help with this program. I do all the steps above and a see a new "RPG Maker Auto Translate - en.log" file appear but when i run the game nothing is changed. Am i doing something wrong? if so please help.
                      README.md
                      I ran the translator but some text is still in Japanese, wtf?
                      Certain games, especially those by OneOne1 read most of their dialog and text from different script engines not native to RPG Maker. The tool will run for these and recognize some common data files to automatically skip over but to translate the actual text requires you to work with those other scripting engines and is not currently possible.

Comment

hey there most of the time after 8 hours this is what apears the most:. translation API failed for [insert random jap text here] with message getaddrinfo

am I doing something wrong ?

Comment

I am having the same problem as the guy above me, All i get is that error with a couple different characters, maybe its is because my locale is on Japanese? but if I am doing anything wrong can you guys help?

Comment

The translator used by the original code no longer exists. There's a couple of solutions given on the github issues section where you downloaded the program if you don't mind getting your hands dirty to make it work.

Comment

I keep getting the output directory not found, operation unsuccessful message. I downloaded it, translated 1 game just fine, and now this. I've restarted and re-downloaded, nothing seems to make it work again. Yes I have set an output directory, no it doesn't have any Japanese characters in it. I have no idea why it would work once, but then just stop.

Comment

Working...
                              X