Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Release] [Daminz] Sexaloid Girlfriend - Translation Mod

Intro:
    So I was playing this game and its pretty good right, but even with the guides some people have made its really difficult to understand whats going on so, i decided to try and do
    something about it.

Given my knowledge of unity and knowing this game used unity i got some clever ideas for a quick fix to this problem.

How it works:
    What I did was basically implement google translate api into the game to automatically translate text on the fly, into whatever language you desire.
    This uses the illusion plugin architecture. Even though the game isnt by illusion, we can still use the IPA because IPA is not actually illusion specific, just Unity specific.
    From what i understand it can be used to mod any Unity game. (dont quote me on this)

Limitations:
    Obviously this is an automatic translation so its gonna be a bit garbled and hard to understand.
    This method also doesnt translate certain menu items (because i guess they dont use the Unity UI text component), such as the main menu.
    But there are guides to tell you what those mean.
    Also this hasnt been tested extensively so, try it with a grain of salt, though, it shouldnt hurt the game even if it doesnt work.

This will require an active internet connection as well, as it translates the text on the fly, using google translate api.
    It aint perfect, but its better than nothing at all imo.

Download and Installation:
    1. First you must install the illusion plugin architecture.
    2. Download the mod here.
    3. Extract it into your game folder making sure that the plugins folder goes into the root folder of the game. (next to the game .exe)

That should be it, run the game and you should be good to go.
    If you wish to use a language other than english, you can modify the language in the included .ini file

Notes:
    You should see the japanese text first and then quickly change to whatever language you have selected, this is normal as it
    is translating on the fly, it must translate the items as they become available. The speed at which it happens probably will be related
    to your internet speed as it must connect to google for the translation. Hopefully it isnt too bad on speed or performance, It isnt for me but, you never know.
    I made the actual translation calls which are the slow part be run in another thread so hopefully it wont impact game performance at all.

Please feel free to contact me about this if you have questions or reply with feedback.
    Also feel free to share this around if you desire.

Theoretically, this mod should also work on any Unity game that you have IPA installed on...

Please, enjoy.

Screenshots:
    Spoiler

The update will be a new patch?

Comment

It's not working for me. Maaybe because of version 1.21?

Comment

Thanks it's work for me (VR1.00)

Comment

How install this not working for me

Comment

Could u give an advice how to install that translation-plugin? I am really dump in such things and can't figure it out to let this game run with translation :/

Comment

Working...
            X