Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few questions about exporting models with SB3UGS and importing them into Unity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Support] A few questions about exporting models with SB3UGS and importing them into Unity

I'm trying to import some models and textures from Harem Mate into Unity and create something with them on my own. I tried using SB3Utility to export the assets, but this seems to be a long and tedious process, unless I'm doing something wrong, which I probably am. That's why I decided to ask a few questions here on the forums.

1) First of all, why do the body files (cf_body_01 etc) contain the `cf_body_` animators as well as prefixed `p_cf_body_` assets? What's the difference between them and which ones should I extract?

2) Why are there reversed meshes of clothes and other accessories in these files? They seem to have flipped normals, or something along these lines, since youcan't look at them from the front, if that makes sense. What's the point of that?

3) All these parts of a character are stored in separate files. Should I export, let's say, the body, the head, the hair and the clothes separately and just piece them together directly in Unity, or is there a way to do it in one go in SB3UGS?

4) What about animations and morphs for body customization? I know I can export animations and poses as .FBX and then load that into unity, then open the imported animation clip, copy the contents and paste them into a new writable clip, which then I can assign to the character prefab. But is that the best way to do this?

Nothing more comes to mind right now. I'd really appreciate some help on the matter.

Cheers!

I too would like to know this. Right now I have exported animations into unity probably in a similar way to you by doing the following :

HoneySelect\abdata\charaz\cf_base.unity3d (3,058 KB) and double click on the p_cf_body_00 mesh. (it will show you the mesh in the renderer view).

You can then open the animation files located in :

HoneySelect\abdata\h\anim\female

double click on any animation controller and select all the animation tracks by holding left shift and left clicking the files.

It is possible to preview the tracks using the p_cf_body_00 model by selecting that mesh in the Animator PathID dropdown menu and then left clicking a single animation track.

To export all the tracks click the export button under export options (FBX 2015) to export as an .fbx file.

This file type contains the mesh and skeleton data and the animations tracks.

This file can be directly imported into blender or unity game engine and then re-targeted to your own humanoid model of choice.

This 'works' but I am not sure this is the best way to get the animations.

I do not know how to get fully morphed character meshes out and import them into unity. This would be incredibly useful but I am guessing you'd have to export all the submeshes for the body, gentials, hair and clothes and then apply all the morphs/blendshapes acording to the characters weightings and reassemble this in unity.

It would be INCREDIBLY useful if a genius modder could come up with some way of exporting a fully rigged game character mesh directly from either HS, HS studio or HS studeo neo and save it to disk with the textures... however I'm guessing this would be a epic project and require a massive amount of time effort and skill.. but here is hoping.

Comment

"It would be INCREDIBLY useful if a genius modder could come up with some way of exporting a fully rigged game character mesh directly from either HS, HS studio or HS studeo neo and save it to disk with the textures... "

I dream of this too, brother. Let's hope for the best.

I'm trying to read the character customization information inside the PNG card image ....
      any suggestion?
      Last edited by ricbass; 08-05-2017, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HT2 View Post
        I too would like to know this. Right now I have exported animations into unity probably in a similar way to you by doing the following :

HoneySelect\abdata\charaz\cf_base.unity3d (3,058 KB) and double click on the p_cf_body_00 mesh. (it will show you the mesh in the renderer view).

You can then open the animation files located in :

HoneySelect\abdata\h\anim\female

double click on any animation controller and select all the animation tracks by holding left shift and left clicking the files.

It is possible to preview the tracks using the p_cf_body_00 model by selecting that mesh in the Animator PathID dropdown menu and then left clicking a single animation track.

To export all the tracks click the export button under export options (FBX 2015) to export as an .fbx file.

This file type contains the mesh and skeleton data and the animations tracks.

This file can be directly imported into blender or unity game engine and then re-targeted to your own humanoid model of choice.

This 'works' but I am not sure this is the best way to get the animations.

I do not know how to get fully morphed character meshes out and import them into unity. This would be incredibly useful but I am guessing you'd have to export all the submeshes for the body, gentials, hair and clothes and then apply all the morphs/blendshapes acording to the characters weightings and reassemble this in unity.

It would be INCREDIBLY useful if a genius modder could come up with some way of exporting a fully rigged game character mesh directly from either HS, HS studio or HS studeo neo and save it to disk with the textures... however I'm guessing this would be a epic project and require a massive amount of time effort and skill.. but here is hoping.

Yep, you're pretty much doing it the same way as me. Though whenever I try to just copy the animation data and assign it to my model (body + head + random parts like nails, teeth, eyes etc) the animation starts glitching and, well, let's just say, it doesn't look too natural. Extracting a fully usable character parts is extemely difficult. Either that, or my approach is just totally wrong. I've seen this done with AA2 and HaremMate but the dude wo did it is no longer with us I think.

Originally posted by ricbass View Post
        "It would be INCREDIBLY useful if a genius modder could come up with some way of exporting a fully rigged game character mesh directly from either HS, HS studio or HS studeo neo and save it to disk with the textures... "

I dream of this too, brother. Let's hope for the best.

I'm trying to read the character customization information inside the PNG card image ....
        any suggestion?
        I have a feeling that what you are talking about is different than what I had in mind. Still, you might be onto something there. I'll look into it, though I can't promkise anything.

Comment

Alright, a follow up to the previous post.

Took me a while but I managed to (with blood and sweat) extract my yandere from HS. BUT before you start cheering, you should realize that it's not quite as perfect as I was counting on...
          3d

As you can see, the parts aren't aligned quite right. The materials aren't being exported either, not to mention the rig. Quite frankly, it's a mess that would take hours to resolve.

Comment

Here is a related question (I hope): Is it possible to export models / maps from Honey Select into Studio Filmmaker? If so, does anyone know the best method and could perhaps teach me?

Comment

Originally posted by kyoshourz View Post
              Here is a related question (I hope): Is it possible to export models / maps from Honey Select into Studio Filmmaker? If so, does anyone know the best method and could perhaps teach me?
              I doubt there's a way (let alone an easy one) to export HS/PC/HM data to Source Filmmaker. Essentially, what you need to do is first export it to a 3D modelling software, tweak it a bit and then export to SFM. So pretty much what I'm trying to learn now

Comment

Originally posted by RuNaFali View Post

I doubt there's a way (let alone an easy one) to export HS/PC/HM data to Source Filmmaker. Essentially, what you need to do is first export it to a 3D modelling software, tweak it a bit and then export to SFM. So pretty much what I'm trying to learn now
                Do let me know if you learn how, as I would be willing to pay to have at least one of my models from Honey Select exported so I could use it in SFM.

Comment

Originally posted by RuNaFali View Post
                  Alright, a follow up to the previous post.

Took me a while but I managed to (with blood and sweat) extract my yandere from HS. BUT before you start cheering, you should realize that it's not quite as perfect as I was counting on...

As you can see, the parts aren't aligned quite right. The materials aren't being exported either, not to mention the rig. Quite frankly, it's a mess that would take hours to resolve.
                  can you post the steps you took. Is the mesh morphed correctly? It looks very similar to the unmorphed mesh.

If you can extract out the mesh in a morphed state, then we are half way there. It can be re-rigged and textured in blender.

I'm guessing however that the png files contain number values for morphs (shapekeys) for the body parts. and thus most characters will be combinations of many additive morphs.

Again I'm guessing that getting the correct morphed character shape would involve extracting all the body shapekeys (morphs) applying them all at separate morphs to the body mesh and then extracting the morph weight percentage numbers from the .png character cards and applying those to the body. You'd have to do the same to the head.

This could be done in blender but would take a lot of manual work to first import the body and then apply all the extracted shapekeys. Again I'll look at this but I'm not expert modder. Does this sound reasonable?

EDIT:

I've been searching for about 5 hours now and I still haven't worked out how the shape morphs are encoded/ where they are located. I also don't know how to access the data in the .png file... so this might take a while.

Last edited by HT2; 09-01-2017, 06:17 AM.

Comment

I found a way of extracting the 'morphed' meshes using a program called : ninja ripper along with a program called Noesis and a python plugin that allows Noesis to read the .rip files directly and then export the models.

This brings us a step closer but still quite far from the goal.

The current work flow is:

start ninja ripper and select studio neo as target program then run.

Once you have loaded your model into the studio neo main scene press F10 to rip all the meshes to a chosen directory. This creates a lot of .rip files that contain the mesh data and also .dds files that contain the textures.

Then install the python plugin for Noesis and run that.

You can then view the meshes directly in Noesis by selecting each .rip file. The textures don't however appear correct.

You can then export each body part or clothing as .obj files and import them into blender.

You can then reassemble your model in blender, you will also have to re-rig it and re-texture it using the .dds texture files converted to something blender readable like .png.....

If you do this. TaDa you will have your fully rigged and working model that is an extact copy of the one 'ripped' from HS studio.

The draw back is that this is a massive amount of work for a single model. It would be better if I can get the armature data also because re-rigging is a nightmare.

Roy12 suggested this method but also mentioned that there are a number of other ripping programs that might produce better results.

Comment

Originally posted by HT2 View Post
                      I found a way of extracting the 'morphed' meshes using a program called : ninja ripper along with a program called Noesis and a python plugin that allows Noesis to read the .rip files directly and then export the models.

This brings us a step closer but still quite far from the goal.

The current work flow is:

start ninja ripper and select studio neo as target program then run.

Once you have loaded your model into the studio neo main scene press F10 to rip all the meshes to a chosen directory. This creates a lot of .rip files that contain the mesh data and also .dds files that contain the textures.

Then install the python plugin for Noesis and run that.

You can then view the meshes directly in Noesis by selecting each .rip file. The textures don't however appear correct.

You can then export each body part or clothing as .obj files and import them into blender.

You can then reassemble your model in blender, you will also have to re-rig it and re-texture it using the .dds texture files converted to something blender readable like .png.....

If you do this. TaDa you will have your fully rigged and working model that is an extact copy of the one 'ripped' from HS studio.

The draw back is that this is a massive amount of work for a single model. It would be better if I can get the armature data also because re-rigging is a nightmare.

Roy12 suggested this method but also mentioned that there are a number of other ripping programs that might produce better results.

well, as far as i'm aware, transferring models from one package to another is indeed that much of an arse.
                      and from my limited experience there are two possible outcomes: you either get a fully customized model by the in-game editor, but no skeleton and morphs , or you get the skeleton and morph but no customization.
                      going the second route (SB3UGS does a great job for supported games) would ultimately give you more flexibility as you could ultimate recreate character. However, if you want to precisely recreate made withing Hone Select or whatever, then you'd also have to dig trough game's logic and decipher what is affected by the editor and recalculate those values for you 3D package (Unity to Blender conversion is quite a pain, form what i've seen, because different coordinate systems). You'd also have to manually re-apply textures and setup materials because of shader incompatibility. Also, if you plane to use extracted model in SFM (or other package with it's own biped skeleton), you'd pretty much have to either adjust the skeleton/armature or re-rig the model entirely.

Also, Blender does read ,dds format however i do recall having issues with alpha channel in Cycles, which can be fixed by exporting it as .png and importing it back.
                      Making futa/yuri master model
                      CM3D to CM3D2 mod porting
                      Lesbian dual vibrator fix
                      Box Dildo uncensoring
                      Furry maid set
                      CM3D2.CategoryUnlocker
                      My Dark Souls to CM3D2 ports

Comment

I asked a few months ago about decoding the HS character .png format, and the link to ultra-char-editor might help since its author gave his decoding map. A clue if anyone is still interested.
                        Last edited by botdeus; 09-11-2017, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Good progress, that is a good way to to it if you feel like re-rigging and assigning all the morphs yourself. Since you're exporting to .obj these would be lost anyway even if you managed to export them correctly.

What I did was a bit different .I used IPA to create a simple plugin that uses an open-source GameObject2FBX Exporter to export the data directly from memory to file.

Unfortunately, the FBX exporter doesn't support exporting bones, morphs and animations, so all I can get is the model itself, which isn't much. I also managed to add textures export on my own, but these are a mess after exporting, so I skip them for now)

So, unless I can figure out how to export the other stuff, or find a more complex exporter tool, I can't do much.

Anyone on here feels like creating a fully functional exporter? Just in case, if enyone does, here's what I figured out so far about how it needs to work:

- Can't contain editor calls, since it's gonna be called on runtime;
                          - NEEDS to read all the important floats from CharaFemaleBody instance, because these store the morph data of the character;
                          - Should take advantage of the fact that at runtime, accessing the data will be much easier than from the .png.

I was going to post that weeks ago, but somehow I forgot to click `Post`
                          Last edited by RuNaFali; 09-17-2017, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X