Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] (Illusion) PlayHome Trial & Game (プレイホーム) - Modding Discussion

Please discuss how to mod the trial & game here.

As long as there is no separate subforum for PH you can also discuss problems with mods here.

Useful links:
    Last edited by enimaroah; 11-12-2017, 06:46 AM.

Alloy skin shader

Translucency map is in the alpha channel of diffuse
    The AlloyPM texture:
    R: skin mask
    G: occlusion
    B: specular
    alpha: roughness
    I've got some good results with this shader

There is another version of this shader even support tessallation, I will test it later to see if it can smooth the low poly feet and hands.
    Edit: The test is done

Textures

The skin textures are in 4K resolution but there's still a 1K limit to tattoos and makeups.
    It's disappointing that Illusion is still using DXT format, visible blocks and bandings are all over the skins, I hope they'll fix it in their release version.

Post-processing Stack v1

I'm not sure if there's modder here writing a GUI for it, because I found videos on youtube like develop progress already showing part of its function.
    Last edited by plasticmind; 08-17-2017, 05:38 AM.

Comment

• djelloule
      djelloule commented
      Editing a comment
      i have this fill you need this fill i can upload for you

Thanks for your contribution, plasticmind!

This looks more like a release post. Should I move it?

Comment

• plasticmind
      plasticmind commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll move the Vsync + shadow mod to the release thread.

Originally posted by plasticmind View Post
    This mod will:
    ... Some other random modification I can't remember
    Lol, and thanks :-)

About the alloy skin shader: How would a modder use this shader? It is something external and works by plugin technology? Or did you replace a shader with Sb3UGS already?

Edit:
    And a bid about the mod releases: please add instructions for installation and deinstallation in your posts, and requirements if there are any.
    Last edited by enimaroah; 08-17-2017, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by enimaroah View Post

Lol, and thanks :-)

About the alloy skin shader: How would a modder use this shader? It is something external and works by plugin technology? Or did you replace a shader with Sb3UGS already?

Edit:
      And a bid about the mod releases: please add instructions for installation and deinstallation in your posts, and requirements if there are any.
      The alloy skin shader is the default shader used in playhome and vr kanojo, unlike the unity standard shader, it combines several grayscale texture into channels, and it uses roughness instead of glossiness like what unreal engine does.

Comment

That Alloy skin shader has sub surface scattering! Illusion better full utilize that function.

Comment

Thanks plasticmind!

Update about Nml MBs in SbUGS v1.7.1:
          Nml MonoBehaviours (MBs ending with "_Nml") align the normals in the female breast area. The painted shadow in the textures is compensated by "wrong" normals and those are stored in the Nml MonoBehaviour. Now when the body is modded e.g. changed to integrate an uncensor, then this Nml MB becomes invalid because the number of vertices doesn't match any longer.

Since the required type definition is missing in resources.assets Sb3UGS searches for this definition in every other file currently opened in Sb3UGS. While the structure hasn't been changed compared to older Illusion titles (only the name of a class was changed), you now need a template file always when computing the Nml MB in such a regular game file. Clothes are stored in AssetBundle files and dont have that requirement. The clothes top file is such a good template file which can be used to correct the Nml MB in resources.assets.

First change the body geometry then correct the Nml MB like this:
          1. Open resources.assets and Animator p_cf_anim. Make sure that you DONT select the body mesh (it would be considered in the adjacent options).
          2. Open cf_top_trial and Animator p_cf_body_top_01_04 and MB p_cf_body_top_01_Nml. Dont select any mesh from the Animator. No need to do anything in the Nml MB editor here, you could even close it.
          3. Go back to resources.assets and now that the clothes file has been opened you can open p_cf_body_00_Nml.
          4. Use the Options for Arbitrary Source Meshes as follows:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	NmlMBs-01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	503.6 KB
ID:	5815898
          5. Make sure that you select the mesh cf_O_body_00 for computation then click "Compute".

The spoiler contains screenshots of this correction.
          Spoiler

Name:	20170818131051405.png
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	5815899Click image for larger version

Name:	20170818132256642.png
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	5815900

Comment

Editing MonoBehaviours in regular game files.

In the first example I use resources.assets. This is a regular game file, only in the StreamingAssets folder are AssetBundle files.
            When you open the Animator p_cf_anim and click on a few MonoBehaviours (MB) you will notice the message in the Log window, that Sb3UGS cant load the MonoScript (MS). MonoBehaviours have a reference to a MonoScript which holds the class name for the MonoBehaviour. We need this class name and the MonoScript is not in resources.assets. Where is it?

Name:	EditingMonoBehavioursInRegularGameFiles-01.jpg
Size:	295.5 KB
ID:	5817199 Usually when MonoScripts are not in the same file as their MonoBehaviours then they can be found in another file collected together. So you dont need to locate exactly the MonoBehaviour in "MonoB. & Other" tab. Just select one or two and use "View Data" from the Options menu or press Alt-V. The Log window shows that the MonoScripts can be found in globalgamemanagers.assets.

Drag the file into Sb3UGS, then head back to the MBs in the Animator p_cf_anim and click "Refresh" at the bottom of the Object Tree, then double click the MBs. Now you get the following messages:
            Code:
            No AssetBundle file found with MonoBehaviour [FemaleParamCustomTest] as template.
            No AssetBundle file found with MonoBehaviour [ExpressionTest] as template.
            No AssetBundle file found with MonoBehaviour [UVNormalBlend] as template.
            This means that Sb3UGS loaded the MonoScripts and found the class names, but there are no AssetBundle files with similar MonoBehaviours which use the same class.

Now open AssetBundle file cf_hair_s_hs00. Hair is always good when searching for transparency handling class SetRenderQueue. With that file opened double click the MB of cf_O_tikubiL_00 again to open it.

Name:	EditingMonoBehavioursInRegularGameFiles-02.jpg
Size:	457.1 KB
ID:	5817200

If you do this again in a later session then you can open globalgamemanagers.assets before you open resources.assets. This will save you clicking "Refresh" because Sb3UGS will show the MonoScript class names in the Animator right from the start.

Comment

Sorry for asking the same question again. I'm still looking for files controlling face expression, eyeball movement and hand shape load during the H scene. Obviously they are not skeleton animations, and seems they are not in the "H" fold. I guess may be they're MB files or scripts, but I don't know where're they and if SB3UGS could edit them.

Thanks

Comment

• lwlin
                lwlin commented
                Editing a comment
                resources.assets  ->  EyeExpressionList_F/MouthExpressionList_F/H_ExpressionList Are you looking for these?

lwlin
              Thanks for you direction. I have seen EyeExpressionList_F and MouthExpressionList_F in resources.assets, but I didn't find H_ExpressionList in it. I'm using SB3UtilityGUI 1.7.2. I wonder if the version matters.

Comment

• lwlin
                lwlin commented
                Editing a comment
                It's my fault. H_ExpressionList is stored in sharedassets7.assets.

I had been checking the clothing for PlayHome and have found a few things to share.

1. The body mesh, armature (bones), and bone weights between HoneySelect and PlayHome bodies seems to be identical. That would make transfering clothing between the 2 games easier since major changes to the meshes are not required.

2. Tag 4E2D no longer make an item recolorable, it appears that it had no effect at all. Now to make clothing recolorable require the use of a MonoBehavior in the animator associated with the materials for the mesh. I was able to make a dress recolorable using the MonoBehavior (MaterialCustoms) from the recolorable bikini. There are different custom color MonoBehaviours, depending if 1 or 2 colors are adjustable.

3. No all tops have matching NMLs inside the assetbundle. All clothes that came from previous games had them but the 3 tops that are new for PH don't.

Now I had a request. If anyone has an explanation on how the manifest files work and how they should be made to work with new assetbundle files I would appreciate if they share it.

Comment

• ore0
                ore0 commented
                Editing a comment
                Belgar17 how do you use the MonoBehaviour from another animator?

I made the p skirt (p_cf_body_bot_01_00) use the material from the minitaito skirt (cf_body_bot_04_01ph) that has a 1 adjustable colour, copied the MonoBehaviour, renamed it into p_cf_body_bot_01_00, and also copied the MaterialCustoms MonoScript. However, I see that the MaterialCustoms MonoBehaviour isn't listed under the ObjectTree in SB3U for p_cf_body_bot_01_00.

Many things are hardcoded in the trial, so I dont think that you have to / need to touch the AssetBundleManifest at this time. Instead there are patterns like wear/cf_top_* compiled into Assembly-CSharp.dll.

Name:	NewTopsExample-01.jpg
Size:	288.2 KB
ID:	5818201Click image for larger version

Name:	NewTopsExample-02.jpg
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	5818202
              So for the example I made a copy of the cf_top_trial and named it cf_top_2. Then I changed the CAB-String and the TextAsset named like the file. The entries were prepended by a "2 - ".

I am working your point #3. While those new tops dont have Nml MBs, they have UVNormalBlend MBs in their Animators.

Comment

How do Unity Cameras work? Anyone got time for tutoring?

I've never made a plugin before, hacked a game, touched C#, done anything with Unity ... none of it.

So I'm a little surprised and happy I was able to get VRGIN working at all. The template project alone wouldn't show the characters.

Here is the plugin in it's current state ... Link to the github source is there as well...
                http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/hentai-lair/hf-modding-translation/5815549-illusion-playhome-trial-プレイホーム-体験版-game?p=5818059#post5818059

The first thing I'd like to ask mentoring on is the camera clipping.

How do you change the SteamVR camera(s?) so objects like the characters and menus can get closer in before there is the clipping and you see inside the model?

I've been following HoneySelect to use as an example but there are big differences in the camera implementations between the games.
                (I've been using dotPeek and ILSpy to look inside the Unity assemblies. PlayHome implements an "IllusionCamera" which is not in HoneySelect)

Can anyone tutor me on Unity cameras and what causes the clipping? What generally has to change to reduce that for a camera.

(Hopefully Eusth will be back to do the main game)

Comment

Originally posted by akoybobo View Post
                  How do Unity Cameras work? Anyone got time for tutoring?

I've never made a plugin before, hacked a game, touched C#, done anything with Unity ... none of it.

So I'm a little surprised and happy I was able to get VRGIN working at all. The template project alone wouldn't show the characters.

Here is the plugin in it's current state ... Link to the github source is there as well...
                  http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/hentai-lair/hf-modding-translation/5815549-illusion-playhome-trial-プレイホーム-体験版-game?p=5818059#post5818059

The first thing I'd like to ask mentoring on is the camera clipping.

How do you change the SteamVR camera(s?) so objects like the characters and menus can get closer in before there is the clipping and you see inside the model?

I've been following HoneySelect to use as an example but there are big differences in the camera implementations between the games.
                  (I've been using dotPeek and ILSpy to look inside the Unity assemblies. PlayHome implements an "IllusionCamera" which is not in HoneySelect)

Can anyone tutor me on Unity cameras and what causes the clipping? What generally has to change to reduce that for a camera.

(Hopefully Eusth will be back to do the main game)
                  I think you can reduce the camera near clip plane, https://docs.unity3d.com/550/Documen...ClipPlane.html

Comment

akoybobo
                    Since version 1.4.2 Sb3UGS has a Camera editor if you want to inspect or edit properties of statically linked cameras. In normal game files the Camera assets may not be found as easy as they are in AssetBundle files.

E.g. The regular game file level9 contains a Camera asset with the name "Main Camera". In the Options menu of the file uncheck "Filter Included Assets".
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Camera-TheFilteredTab-01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	81.1 KB ID:	5818376
                    This creates a new tab called "Filtered [{number of assets}]". In this new tab are Camera assets. Dont sort for Type. You can see a bunch of assets all called "Main Camera". The reason is that they all are contained in the GameObject asset and therefore have the same name. Double click that GameObject asset to create a new virtual Animator which is found in the Animator tab.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Camera-EditorInAnimator-02.jpg Views:	1 Size:	206.9 KB ID:	5818377
                    This is not intuitive - I know - but this functionality is rarely needed.

Comment

Working...
                    X