I want to learn how to translate just like you and Open .lst files

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to learn how to translate just like you and Open .lst files

Hi, my name is Errdex (Eliezar Hernández) and recently I joined the community and I really like Illusion games, and well I like them too.

So much that I would like to learn how to create mod, translate and stuff, I would be very grateful if you helped me to take my first steps, you do not have to teach me in detail. Providing me with a general idea and some tools for me would be enough.

I'm a fast learner and I know some programming, so please, I want you to teach me to enter a world where you are.

Thank you very much, and I hope you will help me.

Note: I have already been successful decompressing the files inside the .pp, but can not open those resulting files.
    For example: In artificial Academy 2 I extract the files from jg2p00_00_00.pp but when trying to open any of the .lst files I only have many strange symbols (I open it with the notebook - bloc de notas). I'm making a mistake in something or I need a specific program to be able to see it (this pp has already applied the patch in English, so I should show text in English, right?)?

Hello,

if you would have had posted in the AA2 modding discussion then I would have seen your post earlier.

I dont know if there is still an interest for those old titles, but you could simply use Sb3UGS for translating LST units.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	TranslatingLST.jpg Views:	1 Size:	365.0 KB ID:	5825100

LST units were used in old games. If you want to translate newer titles you should join the translation threads for those games. Each has its own thread.

Comment

.lst is just a .txt file with extension renamed, its a special case, they split it into rows and columns, on old games they are separated by [TAB]

also old game use C++ and to write plugins to it you'll need some special tools like OllyDbg and understanding of dll wrappers...

but for translations it is just the .lst and SB3UGS to replace them by translated text and images... but most of those game were already translated?

for 3d models look inside .xx, they are the old DirectX models packed inside those files... you'll need SB3UGS and work with its Workspace...

i can't say much, it's been a while that i don't mod those games that i don't even remember anymore without trying again lol
      Last edited by akyryz; 09-30-2017, 06:42 PM.
      Creator and maintainer of UI Translation Loader
      An assets replacer for Unity engine focused on translation

Comment

Working...
      X