Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] [ILLUSION] Koikatu! / Koikatsu! (コイカツ!) (Trial and Game) Modding Discussion

Please discuss modding of [ILLUSION] Koikatu! / Koikatsu! (コイカツ!)

Useful links will be added below:
    More general:
    Last edited by enimaroah; 01-17-2019, 03:44 AM.

I'm super-impressed that you guys have managed to get so many mods out so quickly! In particular, it's great that there's already mods to remove the slider limits! But does anyone know if it's possible to fix the nipple mesh warping that happens when you push the breast size mod past 100? Since the warping happens right around the limits of the original slider, I'm guessing that this is a problem that Illusion themselves tried to avoid dealing with.

Comment

Subject7
      Very nice! Thanks for your report!

I always start with the smallest possible changes. That's why I added the texture in an existing file for the first instructions in this thread. New files in kiokatsu dont need a new CAB-String, right?

Yes, Sb3UGS requires that you work inside the game's folder hierarchy. But you could produce the same folders without the files somewhere else. We discussed that requirement lately in the thread for Sb3UGS where I gave the same hint.
      Sb3UGS stores parts of the path in AudioClips. Unity uses this path for finding these clips. This is more obvious in games without AssetBundle files where the sounds are stored in *.resource files. But Sb3UGS doesn't make this distinction when saving files. So it is a requirement for all files when working with Sb3UGS.

Comment

Originally posted by enimaroah View Post
        New files in kiokatsu dont need a new CAB-String, right?
        The one containing the list/textassets didn't need to be changed, but i did have to change the CABstring on the file containing the textures, the game just ignored it otherwise.

I also tried going beyond slot 256 and it worked, i even tried 30 digit numbers trying to break it but it still loaded everything.
        Last edited by Subject7; 02-20-2018, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by enimaroah View Post

Added a line in mt_emblem_00
          24 0 1 Test chara/mt_emblem_00.unity3d emblemSB3UGS chara/thumb/mt_emblem_00.unity3d thumb_Emblem_17
          Added a texture in the same format as the others in chara/mt_emblem_00.unity3d with the name emblemSBUGS.
          Click image for larger version Name:	OwnEmblem04.png Views:	1 Size:	104.1 KB ID:	5929022
          I used a screenshot of Sb3UGS and painted a bit of transparency with Gimp.

Backups of Sb3UGS can exist in both folders without interfering.
          Noice, what about the emblem preview, how can we do that?
          Mostly AA2 character maker. If you don't have the eyes for my characters, check eyes thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Subject7 View Post
            The one containing the list/textassets didn't need to be changed, but i did have to change the CABstring on the file containing the textures, the game just ignored it otherwise.

I also tried going beyond slot 256 and it worked, i even tried 30 digit numbers trying to break it but it still loaded everything.
            The gif with the instructions from bdsqlsz shows a simple appending of one line. It misses several corrections to make such a TextAsset really valid. This indicates that the game doesn't check every field and allows to be imprecise. But I haven't checked this and therefore warned.

Thanks for the report about the CAB-String!

Threule
            What do you think is the meaning of "thumb" in that line? You might not be a native English speaker, it is "thumbnail" which is a small version of an image.

Comment

Has anyone managed to do eyes as in the shape of the eye? I'm curious of how I can make Jiren my male MC
              Mostly AA2 character maker. If you don't have the eyes for my characters, check eyes thread.

Comment

Hi,
                I've been having issues with SB3U 1.9.14, namely I haven't been able to get raw text assets in or out of a unity3d file so I can edit them externally. Everytime I try to use ctrl c or ctrl v, the export option or the replace file option on a text asset, it reports an error and cancels the operation.

I've also had a friend try to edit a list using SB3U, only for it to cause the game to report a corruption in the list and crash, even though SB3U is able to open it again without any issue.

In case you didn't know, the list files use the MessagePack format. I believe that they have updated the format inbetween games, which is why it wasn't working for Koikatsu.

I've made a program that uses this library to convert the binary list files into a CSV format by dragging them on, which can easilly be edited in excel or a text editor, and it can convert it back into the binary messagepack format as a valid list. I have not found any issues with it so far. Source code is included.

As for the category numbers, here is the full list of values it can be, and what they equate to. I'm not sure what distribution numbers are, I've only found them equaling to 0 and they don't seem to be used in-game, at least directly.
                Last edited by drpavel; 02-22-2018, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your report, drpavel!

I have seen this but can offer a workaround only. Double click the TextAsset to open the internal editor. Then leave the editor open and head back to the TextAsset in the file's "MonoB & Other" tab and use Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V. The text conversion is working only as long as the internal editor is open.

Comment

Wideslider not working anymore whit the new trial, crashing

Comment

• omghax23
                      omghax23 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Same here, I'd rather use the wideslider over Beps. For some reason, beps slider unlocker causes weird model deformation with upper thigh width and the assembly version works perfectly fine. Or it used to before the update.

• cillia
                      cillia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Beps and wideslider both still crashing even with new beps update...

• Delphist2008
                      Delphist2008 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      omghax23, cillia. I updated the patch for the new maker. Check the new version here
                      http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...18#post5925718
                      If it still crashes, try a fresh install of the maker.

kall1010
                    Please provide instructions for installation and deinstallation of your mod in your release post. It might be trivial to you but your audience might be less familiar these processes.

Comment

How do I install CMMod ?

Comment

Is there any mod that change feet size? It's bothering me there no way to change it in game

Comment

Originally posted by Bubuche View Post
                          How do I install CMMod ?
                          I'm also trying to install that mod, there's no tutorial where to put plugins folder when there's none or if the CMMOD is for the first and not the V2 Trial, still looking since 20 mins how to run that mods after creating plugins folder in every Koikatu folders -_-

Comment

• Bubuche
                            Bubuche commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Actually the post was updated in the modding release topic. You need to install IPA (The link is also in the updated post).

Does anyone here have knowledge on extracting stuff from Senran Kagura games? We could get the eyes and the hairs, and not sure if the uniforms too

Comment

Editing Animations of the Trial

1. Preparation
                            Since a pose includes the orientation for the head I created an Animator with body and head skeletons and then imported the head.
                            Dont forget to change the CAB-String if this file resides in the game folder afterwards!
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	EditingAnimations10-prep.png
Views:	1
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	5950426
                          2. Next is to open custom_pose AnimatorController in custompose.unityd3 and to set the Animator.
                          3. You can watch the animations now playing in the preview. Just select them and press the play arrow button.

Name:	EditingAnimations11-SetAnimator.png
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	5950424
                          4. Before you export any animation make sure that you unselect all meshes! The reason for this is that Sb3UGS limits the exported tracks to the required - required means for the selected meshes. But the game needs them all!
                            When we later replace the edited animation, the different length of the tracks will require to use "Replace" mode and we cant use "Replace Present" which would save us such trouble.
                          5. Alright, export the animation, and in a second export, body and head. Import both files in your 3d editor, edit the animation to your liking, and export the result.
                            Using Unity editor in this process:
                            If you ever want to create or transport the animation to Unity and want to Copy & Paste the resulting AnimationClip then you should Ungroup the root frame. Ungroup is the function in Maya which moves all childs of the selected frame one level up; so in this case p_cf_body_00 will be dropped and its children like cf_j_root will be roots themselves. When exporting such a scene, name it p_cf_body_00.fbx and Unity will create an AnimationClip which can be used in Koikatsu.
                          6. For the replacement of a single animation you drag the animation "Animation Take 001" from below ImportedAnimation in the workspace directly onto the AnimationClip which you want to replace; 34 in the screenshot, which is highlighted when you drag the ImportedAnimation over.
                            Streamed animations can have different curve lengths and on replacement, Sb3UGS warns "Animation ... may need to be normalized!". Such a normalization is done by using the resampling option at the top of the replacement dialog. The length for resampling would be the maximum length shown in the workspace.

Name:	EditingAnimations12-Replacement.png
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	5950425
                          7. The custompose.unity3d file includes a custom_pose TextAsset. This TextAsset might need to be edited later, but for the trial it should be deleted, because it limits the time the known animations are played. So the alternative would be that you use another AnimationClip with an unknown name, then your animation is unlimited as well.

Name:	EditingAnimations01.png
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	5950427

Comment

• calendar01
                            calendar01 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Can we add more animation in game by creating it too?
                        Working...
                        X