Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] [ILLUSION] Koikatu! / Koikatsu! (コイカツ!) (Trial and Game) Modding Discussion

Please discuss modding of [ILLUSION] Koikatu! / Koikatsu! (コイカツ!)

Useful links will be added below:
    More general:
    Last edited by enimaroah; 08-15-2018, 03:41 AM.

• DokEnkephalin
    The intention to separate the whiskers isn't clear to me, except if you would have wanted them stand alone. If the result should be to have a cat with whiskers obeying to physics then there would be no need for separation.

I added three Transforms and weighted the whiskers:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	cat_whiskers.png Views:	1 Size:	117.2 KB ID:	6034153
    In another test I added the Transforms in the m_notRolls array in the DynamicBones MB, but still the changes were too small to be noticed in the maker and studio. May be a second DynamicBone MB dedicated to the whiskers with more gravity or other parameters would make it visible.

Edit:
    I removed the cat and simplified the skeleton:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_321738.png Views:	1 Size:	130.6 KB ID:	6034165 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_321739.png Views:	1 Size:	135.7 KB ID:	6034166
    Then I used the DynamicBone MB of the bunny and now the whiskers have gone wild. Some time after the head is no longer moved the whiskers return to normal position and are no longer deformed.
    Last edited by enimaroah; 06-13-2018, 02:57 AM.

Comment

• DokEnkephalin
      DokEnkephalin commented
      Editing a comment
      Making the whiskers a separate face accessory was the intent. I think the ahoge headacc has DynamicBone properties best suited for them with maybe a little less elasticity. The values are all editable, so long as they're defined in the DynamicBone component.

• I've done some more tests involving translation.

DokEnkephalin you were right, DynamicTranslationLoader is not translating online, my mistake.

Besides, this library / mod as well as BepInEx working properly - no doubts, but only issue is, what is not existing, cannot be translated.

As we know, recent translation contains following files:

CharacterMaker.txt
    translation maker.txt
    translation.txt
    translation_eng.bookish.txt
    translation_eng.chuuni.txt
    translation_eng.crabby.txt
    translation_eng.events.txt
    translation_eng.konomi.txt
    translation_eng.minase.txt
    translation_eng.ojousama.txt
    translation_eng.options.txt
    translation_eng.ordinary.txt
    translation_eng.player.txt
    translation_eng.pure.txt
    translation_eng.quiet.txt
    translation_eng.reina.txt
    translation_eng.sakurai.txt
    translation_eng.story.txt
    translation_eng.stubborn.txt
    translation_eng.studio.txt
    translation_eng.trendy.txt
    translation_eng.txt
    translation_eng.wild.txt
    translation_eng.yandere.txt

All files above could be translated to any language and could be used by DTL properly... however, most of the beginning dialogues are not existing in files above. As I mentioned, if something is not existing, cannot be translated and used by DTL.

While we play, and making progress, file: _AutoGeneratedTranslations.en.txt is being created and growing and growing. I had a chance to compare texts (dialogues) from all those files to _AutoGenerated and most of dialogues options are not existing. I decided to start another test, I started new game, I spoke to one girl only and dialogues are saved in _AutoGeneratedTranslations.en.txt

Then, I manually changed, for example:

「えっと……君、ちょっと話さない?」="Er ... ... Do not you talk a little?"
    to:
    「えっと……君、ちょっと話さない?」="aa Er ... ... Do not you talk a little?"

and started game again, pick the same girl and started new conversation, and my new dialogues appeared (with "aa" string).

What I'm trying to say... we don't have any problems with mods / dll's, but only we don't have an access to all original texts, which needs to be translated, and then will be implemented properly. If someone knows how to get it, I will be really grateful.

I presume, dialogues are based on girls personality and we have a lot of combinations.

Some of the files, like story.txt could be translated and this is a constant part of the game, whenever we start - always will be the same and it's resulting with no translations issues.

EDIT:

As I suspected, completely new dialogues appearing and being translated "on-line". Currently, without proper original texts, only solution is create a class with just one girl, and one by one, use all personalities and try to explore all possible options.
    Once it will be explored, all dialogues could be copied / moved from _AutoGeneratedTranslations.en.txt into ANY text file. Of course, some of existing files could be useful, when we exploring wild personality - all text could be added to translation_eng.wild.txt

I know it's really manually work and probably the worst solution ever, but until there's no access to original texts, I have no better idea... Obviously I'm open for your ideas, and will be glad to help with translation.
    Last edited by Nasedo1973; 06-13-2018, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• Access to original text is not the problem, but the extraction is because it is embedded.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Translation03.png
Views:	1
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	6034326
      The upper window shows a MonoBehaviour which has a simple structure. Such MBs can be exported into a text file. The values are enclosed by '<' and '>' from Sb3UGS and such a file could even replace such a MonoBehaviour.

But the editor in the background shows an MB with binary structure which has embedded strings. Even if this would be exportable, then you would have to grab the text from a binary file (which you could do from the game file even now). Would an export of the strings alone help?

In addition to MonoBehaviour types there is another: TextAsset. Illusion had used it in the past more often, but even here I found TextAssets with text. Those contained no text for translation though.

Comment

• Originally posted by enimaroah View Post
        Access to original text is not the problem, but the extraction is because it is embedded.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Translation03.png Views:	1 Size:	91.0 KB ID:	6034326
        The upper window shows a MonoBehaviour which has a simple structure. Such MBs can be exported into a text file. The values are enclosed by '<' and '>' from Sb3UGS and such a file could even replace such a MonoBehaviour.

But the editor in the background shows an MB with binary structure which has embedded strings. Even if this would be exportable, then you would have to grab the text from a binary file (which you could do from the game file even now). Would an export of the strings alone help?

In addition to MonoBehaviour types there is another: TextAsset. Illusion had used it in the past more often, but even here I found TextAssets with text. Those contained no text for translation though.
        Let me explain my point of view...
        For now, translation from Google Translator is... terrible... my eyes hurts! I have to change it... somehow...

As I didn't know anything about Sb3UGS I decided to play a bit, and translate... play a bit and translate... but it is so slow, painful - but I had no other options.

What I've done? Started playing (just created one girl with one personality and then started all dialogue options, starting from "small talk" - when I thought all options has been used, automatic translation appears in text file, as I mentioned before. My next step is translate manually each Japanese string, and create a proper sentence in separate file. Then delete _AutoGeneratedTranslations.en.txt, starting game once more, exploring options and all new dialogues will appear in newly created file, and previously translated (by me, manually) properly are displayed during the game.

I know... doing this manually is pain in the... *** let me check this utility, and check if I will be able to use it, or not... But if you able to help, I will really appreciate.

EDIT:

Summarise:

I believe, for translation purposes (just dialogues and dialogues options) just stings will be sufficient. I checked Sb3UGS and apparently have no idea what to do, so... for me will be sufficient if I will have all Japanese dialogues, as example says:

Original text / string:
        「えっと……君、ちょっと話さない?」

Translated with mod / plugin:
        「えっと……君、ちょっと話さない?」="Er ... ... Do not you talk a little?"

Manually translated in separated file:
        「えっと……君、ちょっと話さない?」="Er ... ... Could I talk to you for a minute?"
        Last edited by Nasedo1973; 06-13-2018, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• DokEnkephalin
          DokEnkephalin commented
          Editing a comment
          The only way you could have an _AutoGeneratedTranslations.en.txt written in the first place is if you had XUnity.AutoTranslator in your BepInEx folder. Remove both AutoTranslator dlls and ExIni.dll and Google translations will no longer ruin your day.

• Originally posted by Nasedo1973 View Post
        As I suspected, completely new dialogues appearing and being translated "on-line". Currently, without proper original texts, only solution is create a class with just one girl, and one by one, use all personalities and try to explore all possible options..
        It's all there in the files. I've been working on wannabe type from abdata/communication and adv/scenario/ files. Communication dialogs are brief, but almost 1k lines per personality are spread between info_00 and info_06. There's a lot of data in there, but only lines with「 」are displayed. The sound file that goes with it is listed so you could listen for vocal inflections.

The scenario files are organized in a nodemap that has to be expanded to find ones with _command 16, the ones with displayed dialog. _command 17 includes the sound file and 18 controls the facial expression.
        Brevity is the soul of...

My Gallery Since 2008

Comment

• If somehow, the soundfiles could be subtitled when doing H, that would be super awesome. I know AA2 had that, and I heared that they also did it for HoneySelect. That would really add to the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by DokEnkephalin View Post
            It's all there in the files. I've been working on wannabe type from abdata/communication and adv/scenario/ files. Communication dialogs are brief, but almost 1k lines per personality are spread between info_00 and info_06. There's a lot of data in there, but only lines with「 」are displayed. The sound file that goes with it is listed so you could listen for vocal inflections.

The scenario files are organized in a nodemap that has to be expanded to find ones with _command 16, the ones with displayed dialog. _command 17 includes the sound file and 18 controls the facial expression.
            Thanks for your help. I will check this tomorrow. I found what you've told me, really appreciate this explanation.
            Anyway, sometimes translation is quite difficult, when context / scene / circumstances are not visible. Sometimes is better to have a particular scene and translate manually.

Comment

• For anyone interested, heres a dump of data which are in "lst" format, or rough approximation of thereof (about dozen of serialized classes). These contain virtually all ingame lines and various metadata. Mods are out there which can read and write those back at game runtime, instead of using contents of .unity3d files.

Note that these are _not_ MonoBs (which can have separate text for tmpro UI components). They're either plain old .lst textasset, ScriptableObject or msgpacks - all with 2d array structure, which can be easily turned to csv back and forth.

Serialized monob initializers are not easily redirected at run time, and will be always a domain of .unity3d container => sb3u.

https://www49.zippyshare.com/v/cjtclIhM/file.html

Comment

• Originally posted by DokEnkephalin View Post

I didn't mentioned before, but I'm not planning to translate Japanese to English, but my intention is to translate into Polish. Using communication dialogues in "data base" and translating into English could be relatively simple, because if a phrase:
                "I saw the light" could be used by girl or boy, but in Polish, I have to write:
                "Widziałem światło" (boy)
                "Widziałam światło" (girl)

There's another problem, font used in dialogues options. As font used in dialogues could display properly polish national characters, then font used in dialogues cannot (attachment) and I wonder if it's possible to change this font... for font used in dialogues. Click image for larger version

Name:	c.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	6034617

Comment

• I'm trying to modify Koikatsu to make the bone changes that Koikatsu Bone Modifier can make permanent so I don't need to run Koikatu ABM (it causes the game to stutter in VR). Basically, I want to change the bone scale of the actual base model itself.

Based on what I've learned from Koikatsu Bone Modifier, I know the bones I want to change the scale of are "cf_s_ bust00_L" and "cf_s_ bust00_R". I think these bones are found in "oo_base.unity3d". I've opened up this file in SB3U and had a bit of a tinker, but I can't seem to get what I want to happen to happen.

I've never used SB3U before, so maybe I'm not doing it right, but I've found the right bones in "p_cf_body_00" in the "mesh" section under "root bone". No idea how to actually get these bones to appear in the "bones" tab so I can change the scale. I've tried looking though the object tree for the bones, but I can only find similar bones like "cf_s_ bust01_L".

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Comment

• Nasedo1973
                    It is not done by the font alone. Are you sure that you saved your file in UTF-8 encoding?

Billyboy12
                    Remove that blank and you will find the Transforms you are looking for. Leave root bone and the bones of the SkinnedMeshRenderers untouched.

Still you could confuse the game, because it uses several skeletons, e.g. p_cf_body_00_hit, but there might be more. And if one of all used skeletons is out of synch then you could experience crashes (I had seen such in previous games) or game aspects not functional.

Comment

Billyboy12
                      Remove that blank and you will find the Transforms you are looking for. Leave root bone and the bones of the SkinnedMeshRenderers untouched.

Still you could confuse the game, because it uses several skeletons, e.g. p_cf_body_00_hit, but there might be more. And if one of all used skeletons is out of synch then you could experience crashes (I had seen such in previous games) or game aspects not functional.
                      Which "blank" are you talking about? The underscores in the filename? Also, leave the bones under "SkinnedMeshRenderers" untouched? These are the only folders I can find bones under! Am I looking in the wrong place?

It would seem it's possible to edit these bones without the game crashing, since Koikatsu Bone Modifier seems to be able to do it (assuming it's not editing multiple bones at once)

*EDIT* OK, I seem to have gotten somewhere! I found a folder in the object tree called "cf_s_ bust00_L" but there's no bones to transform when I click it then click the bones tab. However, if I stay on the frame tab and increase the scale, I can get the model on the right of SB3U to deform. Saving the edited .unity3d doesn't have any effect on Koikatsu though.
                      Last edited by Billyboy12; 06-14-2018, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• "cf_s_bust00_L" and not ""cf_s_ bust00_L". That's what I meant with "without blank".

And yes, that can happen as well that your editing has no effect. May be the game simply uses a different skeleton, e.g. the one of the clothes.

Comment

• Originally posted by pino View Post
                          If somehow, the soundfiles could be subtitled when doing H, that would be super awesome. I know AA2 had that, and I heared that they also did it for HoneySelect. That would really add to the game.
                          AA2 used an older and different game engine and can't be brought over to their recent entries now that they use Unity engine while HoneySelect has its dialogue text out there as it was intentionally there to begin with. The reason for Koikatsu not having one is they didn't bother adding subtitles functionality for the H gameplay side. That said, it is possible to force the subtitles functionality to be applied onto it but that requires changes to the game's code.
                          Last edited by RemofLightXD; 06-14-2018, 11:46 AM.

Comment

"cf_s_bust00_L" and not ""cf_s_ bust00_L". That's what I meant with "without blank".

And yes, that can happen as well that your editing has no effect. May be the game simply uses a different skeleton, e.g. the one of the clothes.
                            Uh, maybe I'm thick, but I can't see any difference between the two file names you wrote..?

Anyway, I've had a bit more of a fiddle in SBU. Even though you said to leave the bones under SkinnedMeshRenderers alone, I thought I see what happens if you do. So I edited the bones under p_cf_body_00>cf_o_root>n_body>o_body_a>SkinnedMesh Renderer>100 Bones and I was able to get results by editing "cf_s_bust03_L", "cf_s_bnip01_L", "cf_j_bnip02_L" and "cf_s_bnip025_L". There are similar bones in other folders, but these are the only ones that make the weight colors appear on the model, so I'm assuming that there are the correct ones. The mesh in SBU doesn't change, but if you load up Koikatsu, you can see the changes (the opposite of the problem I had before). The problem is, the changes are only visible on the nude model. Clearly, I need to edit some additional bones, any idea where they might be found?

I still feel like I'm barking up the wrong tree though, since Koikatsu Bone Editor can do what I'm trying to do by editing one bone instead of multiple bones. Any advice?

Comment

Working...
                            X