Teatime Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] Teatime Games

This thread is for discussing modding of Teatime games (Love Death series, Tech48, etc.). It is NOT a mod support thread.

Tools

Links
    Last edited by TSR; 05-10-2014, 06:58 AM.

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
    This thread is for discussing modding of Teatime games (Love Death series, Tech48, etc.). It is NOT a mod support thread.

It was created per request.

All Tech48 discussion and questions should be posted in the discussion thread.

Tools
    Thank you very much

As for the tools I only managed to get ODFConvertor and Teatime decrypter/encrypter to work, no luck with Teatime Mesh Editor

Now let's get to the point.
    As you may have seen, I worked on Tech48 uncensor mods. And there is a problem I can not solve in my male uncensor. It seems that uncensor mesh is shaded in a different way than rest of the body.

This has nothing to do with the texture (I tried many different texture colours and shading textures). It's not the material either (I managed to hex edit the odf file to change the material to the same that is used in other body parts, but the problem remains). I've also managed to localize some hex values in ODF files that change the lightening of the mesh but the best result i got is the one provided in my release. So i gues that it's hardcoded somehow. Surplizingly, when I merge my uncensor mesh with one of the other body parts, the colour matches the skin colour but, off course, bone information for penis animation are lost.

Click below to see the details.
    Spoiler

This screen shows the difference. One penis is merged with other body part. It's color matches rest of the body but penis animation data are lost (that's why it's in different position than the other penis). The other is the original mesh. You can see this nasty shadow in lower half of the penis, which annoys me so much. Compare both meshes and you have pretty good idea, what problem I'm alking about...

Any ideas how could I fix this? (I mean the colour/shading issue, not the two-penis guy )

Only possible solution that comes to my mind is to make a duplicate of uncensor mesh object (if that weird shading is hardcoded, the game would consider my duplicate mesh as all other body parts). Unfortunately there's no tool that can do that.
    I could also merge the uncensor with some other body part and add skinning data for penis, but once again, I don't know any tool that exports/imports skinned meshes.

Finally one more question. When you have all boxes checked in ODFConvertor settings, apart from .mqo it also creates .EBO file. What is that? I opened it with text editor and it seems to contain some (skinned?) mesh data. Is there any way to edit this file and import it back? ODFConvertor deosn't seem to have import option for this .ebo file...

I'm hoping for some feedback here. Any ideas/suggestions/tips are very welcome.

EDIT: No activity here, so i give up on male uncensor for now. Meanwhile i released v2.0 of my female uncensor. If anyone's interested, here's the link.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by profundis; 07-21-2009, 08:48 AM.

[ School Mate 2: Uncensor | Clothes ] [ @HomeMate: Uncensor & Clothes ] [ Yuusha: Uncensor ]
    [ AG3+: ExpandingPussy Uncensor ] [ Itazura/Ichazura: Uncensor & more ] [ Tech48: Uncensor ]

Comment

Is anyone making any interesting mods? The modding for Tech48 has been pretty much dead.

Currently playing Final Fantasy 14
      Server: Besaid
      User: Fuuhououji
      Look me up!

Comment

Originally posted by FuuChan View Post
        Is anyone making any interesting mods? The modding for Tech48 has been pretty much dead.
        As you can see there's no activity here. Making some clothing mods with ODFConvertor should be easy but it doesn't look like there's much interest in that. Slightly dissapointing...

[ School Mate 2: Uncensor | Clothes ] [ @HomeMate: Uncensor & Clothes ] [ Yuusha: Uncensor ]
        [ AG3+: ExpandingPussy Uncensor ] [ Itazura/Ichazura: Uncensor & more ] [ Tech48: Uncensor ]

Comment

I've already asked that question in my first post, but it was a long time ago. Maybe someone can answer now...

What are .ebo files exported from ODFConvertor? They are text files, the first line says: "Enbu Object format V00.70 ASCII". Looking into them I believe they contain skinned meshes and/or animation data. Can you edit them in any 3d software? Can you import them somehow in ODFConvertor or other modding tool?

Any ideas?

EDIT: So?!

Nobody knows anything? I feel
          Last edited by profundis; 09-03-2009, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Well I can't answere your question but I feel bad for you not getting any feedback for your uncensor. So as for me I very much liked it, thank you. So keep up the good work.
            I will also look into modding Tech48 possibly.

Comment

Heh, thanks... at last some response Anyway, I no longer care about Tech48 modding.

But still, any answer to my questions would be more than welcome, as we are expecting LD4 to be released, and most likely it will use the same file format. So probably there will be the same modding problems. With the tools available, it's really difficult to make something more than simple mesh replacement (not to mention that ODFConvertor creates seams in some cases!).

Comment

Hello!
                I really hope you can help me guys! This is driving me mad!
                Is there any way to have transparent clothing in LD4?
                I am trying to modify it using Metasequoia, but so far had no luck...
                I tried to modify "alpha" property of materials and diffusion as well, but I still can not see changes in the game... clothes stay solid all the time...
                It would be nice to have see-through clothing in the game, what do you think?
                It is possible to completely remove any item of clothing from the game (almost any item), by minimizing it in Metasequoia, but I'd like to make it transparent...
                there must be a way, I am only just starting with game modding,
                really hope someone knows how to do it

P.S. by the way, is there a way to modify animations? or trigger existing animations using scripts or something?

Comment

Originally posted by fotoshopper View Post
                  Hello!
                  I really hope you can help me guys! This is driving me mad!
                  Is there any way to have transparent clothing in LD4?
                  I am trying to modify it using Metasequoia, but so far had no luck...
                  I tried to modify "alpha" property of materials and diffusion as well, but I still can not see changes in the game... clothes stay solid all the time...
                  It would be nice to have see-through clothing in the game, what do you think?
                  It is possible to completely remove any item of clothing from the game (almost any item), by minimizing it in Metasequoia, but I'd like to make it transparent...
                  there must be a way, I am only just starting with game modding,
                  really hope someone knows how to do it

P.S. by the way, is there a way to modify animations? or trigger existing animations using scripts or something?
                  Just curious... What tools are you using?

Changing transparency is not as easy as you might have thought... Once I tried making some transparent clothes for Tech48 (via manual hex editing and/or texture editing) but there were serious problems with drawing/rendering order in game (objects disappearing behind transparent clothes). Unless we get some decent modding tools, I don't think what you're asking about is possible.

Comment

I finally managed to add transparency to cloth, probably the same way you did it in tech48.
                    All I needed to do was to add alpha layer to a material file, save it in tga format, and replace references to it in *.odf, from *.bmp to *.tga
                    It does look better this way, much better than non transparent

I am trying to make an uncensor now, but so far it looks no where near as good as your uncensors I have much to learn

I use teatime.exe and ODFMeshExtractor 1.0.3.2 to extract/repack mqo/odf, for some strange reasons ODFConvertor 1.10 does not work with some of the odf files in this game. Are there any other tools, good for modding ld4?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fotoshopper View Post
                      I finally managed to add transparency to cloth, probably the same way you did it in tech48.
                      All I needed to do was to add alpha layer to a material file, save it in tga format, and replace references to it in *.odf, from *.bmp to *.tga
                      It does look better this way, much better than non transparent

I am trying to make an uncensor now, but so far it looks no where near as good as your uncensors I have much to learn

I use teatime.exe and ODFMeshExtractor 1.0.3.2 to extract/repack mqo/odf, for some strange reasons ODFConvertor 1.10 does not work with some of the odf files in this game. Are there any other tools, good for modding ld4?
                      These tools are the only I know. And yes, that's the method I used.

Also, the second picture shows the problem I mentioned: some objects disappear behind transparent clothes (which was the reason why I never posted my mods).

Good luck with your mods and let us know about the progress of your work!

Comment

man those transparent clothes look uber(gotta install photoshop and do some myself eheh
                        sigpic

Comment

The reason why things disappear is because the teatime engine likely doesnt use any kind of z culling or depth writing to allow objects to show properly
                          but also you have to edit all the material layers in order for a proper transparency not just one texture.

My first post here.
                          I make meshes and such but not anything more than vehicles and buildings.
                          If anyone finds a plugin for blender to edit the meshes that would be great.

I haven't taken a deep look into this games setup but i noticed in the
                          config the game uses 16 bit z culling ???? why not 24 bit???
                          I can offer some help into the texture problems but i am limited
                          to just hearsay right now of how this game runs.

Comment

the links doesnt work anymore

Comment

I can't believe there's not more going on with this game!? The Cam facility is a bit useless and it does feel like a little bit of a demo but the potential for changes are huge. Has interest died?

Comment

Working...
                              X