This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Tools] SB3Utility Releases and Discussion

Post anything related to SB3Utility, such as how to use it, requests, bugs, etc.
    Please let me know if I'm missing any links or if you want any links added through PM.
    You might also want to check out Illusion Wizzard & Morpher by darkhound for modding.

I recommend using the Latest SB3Utility(GUI+Script) Version by enimaroah since I haven't updated SB3Utility in a long while.

Pre-scripting Versions
    Spoiler

SB3Utility Source Code: [MF Folder]

Custom Versions
    SB3Utility_v0.9.18R10 by enimaroah
    SB3UtilityCustom v9.9 by bbas2011
    SB3UtilityAA by darkhound
    SB3Utility with 3D Studio Max + Okino Polytrans DirectX Import/Export by J1327 [Broken link]
    SB3Utility with Skeletal Animation Editing by profundis

Supports: Battle Raper 2 (partially), Oppai Slider 2, RapeLay, Sexy Beach 3, SchoolMate (Figure/Trial/Retail), Artificial Girl 3 (Welcome/Retail), Digital Girl, Hako (Trial/Retail), SchoolMate Sweets, Esk Mate, @Home Mate (Figure/Trial/Retail), Yuusha (Trial/Retail), Real Girlfriend, SchoolMate 2 (Trial/Retail), Sexy Beach Zero, Characolle AliceSoft/BaseSon/Key (Benchmark/Retail), Artificial Academy (Trial/Retail except jch*.pp)
    3-D Formats: Metasequoia (text import/export, no normals, no skeleton), DirectX (binary & text import / text export), Collada (text import/export), FBX [recommended] (binary & text import / binary export), Ogre (binary export)

Requires
    - Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (different from the editor)
    - .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (different from the Compact Framework)
    - Latest DirectX 9.0c

Changelog
    (v0.9.18) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Reverted decryption algorithm to v0.9.15. Removed support for the compressed .pp format (jch*.pp)
    (v0.9.17) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Fixed opening various .pp formats
    (v0.9.16) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Added support for Best Collection and Artificial Academy
    - Fixed editing frame names again
    - Renderer will no longer throw an exception if a bone is missing
    Spoiler
    (v0.9.15)
    - Fixed morph export for .mqo
    - Fixed editing the name of frames that don't have meshes
    (v0.9.14)
    - Fixed importing Collada with matrix transforms and unused vertices
    (v0.9.13) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Fixed DBNull errors when removing bones in the Mesh Object Editor
    - Importing Collada with Z-up will now be automatically converted to Y-up
    - Fixed importing Collada from Blender
    - The Editor now shows a selected image if no .xx tab is open
    - Importing .mqo now defaults to the CopyNear method for bones
    - Fixed replacing mesh objects when using the Merge option for a Mesh and added it as an option for Mesh Objects in the Workspace
    (v0.9.12) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Fixed showing the number of mesh objects
    - Fixed error checking for bone operations
    (v0.9.11) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Changed "Characolle Bench" to "Characolle AliceSoft" for .pp formats
    - Added support for Characolle BaseSon & Key versions and AA Trial (thanks to bbas2011)
    - Added bone operations (by pidey)
    (v0.9.10) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Changed "Characolle Bench" to just "Characolle" for .pp formats
    - Collada importer can now parse empty visual scenes
    - Added support for .dxf, .3ds, and .obj
    (v0.9.9)
    - Fixed animations in the Renderer
    - The Object Tree tab in .xa Editors is now hidden since it isn't used
    (v0.9.8)
    - Fixed "Add Animations From XA Tab" not adding animations to the Workspace
    - Added ability to remove Animation Tracks in the Workspace
    - Removed resetting the Diffuse lighting value for the Renderer when opening a .xx file. Also, the value is now saved
    - Fixed the renderer showing exploded meshes for Rapelay and some others
    (v0.9.7) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Fixed loading .xx textures in the renderer that aren't .bmp or .tga (thanks to varicham)
    - Replacing a mesh that has a base mesh no longer shows a warning about adjusting unknown data
    - Added a culling option for the renderer. Checked will render one side, and unchecked will render both sides of a face
    - Fixed the crashing when exporting morphs if a child node is selected
    - Fixed Hierarchy conversions between formats (< 4) and (>= 4) in the Workspace
    - Fixed the renderer to use directional lighting
    - Added code for an .xm parser, but it's not used
    (v0.9.6) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Added support for SBZ and Characolle Bench (thanks to darkhound)
    - Fixed when the comma is used as the decimal separator in Frame and Bone tabs
    (v0.9.5)
    - Changed Matrix to Translate/Rotate/Scale in Frame and Bone tabs
    (v0.9.4)
    - Fixed memory problem when exporting large animations using DirectX format
    (v0.9.3)
    - Fixed .xx format conversion and merging bone lists when replacing in the Workspace
    (v0.9.2)
    - Added FBX import/export for morphs
    - FBX import will now skip empty animations
    (v0.9.1)
    - Added Add & Remove in the Bone tab
    - Added options for bones when replacing in the Workspace
    - FBX export will now make locators for nodes with no children and groups for nodes with children instead of making them all joints
    - Fixed FBX export for skins
    - Added FBX import
    - Added FBX support for multiple textures in a material. They will be connected as diffuse/ambient/emissive/specular textures even though they may actually be used for different things like normal/bump mapping or animation
    (v0.9.0)
    - Added export for FBX
    (v0.8.27)
    - Fixed saving .sb3uws for .xx Format Type 4-5 (RGF/SM2)
    - Changed the default "Merge" option for Meshes to "No" in the Workspace
    - Changed the default "Copy Hex" option for Hierarchies to "Yes" in the Workspace
    (v0.8.26)
    - Fixed target build to x86 (thanks to ScumSuckingPig). This was only a problem on 64-bit systems
    (v0.8.25)
    - Added support for SM2 Retail (thanks to ScumSuckingPig)
    (v0.8.24)
    - Added support for SM2 Trial (thanks to ScumSuckingPig)
    (v0.8.23)
    - Added .pp format auto-detection for .xa subfiles
    - Fixed saving .sb3uws for RGF
    - Application starts at the default location if offscreen
    (v0.8.22)
    - Fixed renderer aspect ratio for widescreen and dual monitors
    (v0.8.21)
    - Fixed replacing meshes for RGF when it has more vertices than the original
    (v0.8.20)
    - Added support for RGF (thanks to ScumSuckingPig & J1327)
    - Updated MOGRE from 1.4.8 to 1.6.5 beta r49
    (v0.8.19)
    - Added support for Yuusha Retail (thanks to ScumSuckingPig)
    (v0.8.18)
    - All frames used as bones and their children are now exported as joints for Collada
    - Fixed the positions of skinned meshes for Collada export
    (v0.8.17)
    - Added ability to add selected meshes from the Mesh list of the selected .xx Editor tab to the Workspace. If none in the Mesh list are selected, then all of them will be added
    - For replacing mesh normals, there are now options of replacing them (Replace) or keeping the normals of the base mesh object according to vertex order (CopyOrder) or the nearest vertex (CopyNear)
    - Added Morph Lists to "Align Vertices" and "Copy Near Vertex Normals" for the Workspace
    - "Calculate Normals" controls have been moved to a dialog box for the Workspace
    - "Align Vertices" in the Workspace now works similar to "Copy Near Vertex Normals"
    - Added the option to copy normals from the nearest vertex (no threshold) in the Workspace by using a negative threshold in "Copy Near Vertex Normals"
    - Fixed keeping base mesh object normals when replacing meshes
    (v0.8.16)
    - Fixed replacing materials for BR2. Some material RGBA values might still crash BR2, so it's not recommended to do so for that game
    - Fixed showing the Editor's bottom panel for the first opened .xx/.xa file
    - When replacing materials, used texture hex data is now copied if the texture name is the same
    (v0.8.15)
    - Added support for the BR2 character addon
    (v0.8.14)
    - Fixed mesh distortion by some bones for the Renderer
    - Fixed the Renderer when there are animation tracks with different numbers of keyframes
    (v0.8.13)
    - Fixed copying the mesh object unknown field when replacing a base mesh object
    - Fixed texture paths for Collada import
    - Added a "Merge" option for when replacing hierarchies in the Workspace
    - Re-added option to copy the Frame unknown hex for Hierarchies when replacing in the Workspace. The default is on, except for when dragging from the .xx Object Tree
    (v0.8.12)
    - Added partial support for BR2. Read this post for more info
    - When replacing hierarchies from the Workspace, it will always try to copy unknown fields instead of it being optional
    - Fixed keeping backups of base meshes when the hierarchy has been previously replaced. The feature was introduced in v0.8.7
    - The priority of the last auto-detected .pp format upon opening is bumped to the top
    (v0.8.11)
    - Fixed morphs for target meshes with multiple mesh objects
    - Fixed Collada import
    (v0.8.10)
    - When importing a DirectX .x file, unnamed materials with a texture will have the texture name followed by the material index
    - Unskinned meshes now move with animations in the Renderer
    - Added an optional mesh material offset for Hierarchies in the Workspace
    - Improved .pp format auto-detection when the .pp file contains .xx or image files
    - Fixed the animations/morphs already existing error
    (v0.8.9)
    - Fixed restoring "Selected Tab" / "All Open Tabs" settings in the Workspace
    - Fixed saving "Keep Backups" setting
    (v0.8.8)
    - Added preview of morphs to the Renderer. You can preview one morph keyframe per morph clip. Morphed normals aren't shown in the Renderer
    (v0.8.7)
    - When replacing, mesh unknown fields are now copied when the hierarchy with the base mesh has been previously replaced with a hierarchy without the base mesh within the same Workspace
    - Fixed parsing .xa files with multiple morphs of the same name
    (v0.8.6)
    - Fixed Collada export for unskinned meshes
    - Fixed Collada export of unused bones as joints for skinned meshes
    - Added normal calculation with no duplicate vertex detection by setting a negative threshold in the Workspace
    - Added ability to copy normals from close vertices in the Workspace. Read this post for more info
    - Added support for Esk Mate, AHM Figure, and AHM Trial (thanks to ScumSuckingPig)
    (v0.8.5)
    - Fixed removing all previous mesh objects when replacing meshes if not merging
    - Added option for replacing normals in the Workspace for meshes
    - Added export and import for simple morph editing. Read this post for more info
    (v0.8.4)
    - Added PNG, JPG, and DDS texture support
    - Removed check for valid names
    - Fixed incorrect rotations in matrix decomposition
    - Fixed adjusting unknown data for non-zero Mesh Types
    - Fixed displaying 0 as the last weight for unskinned meshes in the Mesh Object Editor. Actual bytes weren't affected
    - Added editor for unknown Hex fields in .xx files
    (v0.8.3)
    - Fixed using Yuusha MIK Trial in the Workspace
    - Fixed using meshes with different .xx formats in the Workspace
    - Fixed adding more skeletal animation clips
    - Fixed adjusting mesh material indices when removing materials
    - Added editor for mesh objects
    (v0.8.2)
    - Fixed mesh replacing
    - Added option to display bones in the Renderer
    (v0.8.1)
    - Fixed auto-detecting .pp format
    (v0.8.0)
    - Added support for SM Sweets, AHM Retail, and Yuusha MIK Trial (thanks to ScumSuckingPig and lauris71)
    - Changed some underlying code structures
    - Changed Collada format to Autodesk FBX v2010.0.2
    - Added support for SJIS filenames in .pp files
    Known Issues
    - Controls aren't locked or synchronized when performing tasks. Don't perform simultaneous tasks like saving again while it's already saving
    - May crash under 64-bit systems
    - When importing Collada into Maya/Max with Autodesk FBX, normals are reset. Exported normals in Collada from Maya/Max are retained when importing in SB3U

Resources
    .xx File Format (partially outdated) by alessi
    .xx File Format (partially outdated) by RawMonk
    .xa File Format (might be partially outdated) by Alamar
    .vci & .vcs File Formats by Alamar
    .tty File Format by Alamar
    Parser for .xm by Alamar
    Parser for .js3krs by Alamar
    SB3 BotuPlay Cameo Mod Tutorial for SB3Utility v0.4 Pre22 by Alamar
    SB3 Body Accessory v6 Mod Tutorial for SB3Utility v0.4b Pre5 by Alamar
    SB3 Kokonoe Rin (SaYaKa Project) Mod Tutorial for SB3Utility v0.7.17 by Alamar
    Modding Club Tutorial Thread
    Various Posts About Transparency compilation by Sinbad
    Modding Digital Girl Rin by mariokart64n
    Utilizing .sfd Files by trogdor0071
    SB3U Vertex Options Explained by darkhound
    Last edited by Inquisitor; 04-19-2014, 07:00 AM. Reason: Add prefix

• All right.
    - Exported the male mesh, only 1 mesh. Tryed as world coordinates and as not wc well. [cm_00.xx; men_body.mqo] Exported as single mqo. Adjust duplicate vertex box is checked.
    - Did nothing with the mesh.
    - Imported back to sb3utility- merge:yes,normals:replace; DupList:yes; pressed Add/Replace button.
    - Program gave the warning. Saved the pp.

Started program, and the male body just stands there freezed, only the private part is moving according to the animation.

Additional information: i did used the program without any problems in the past (about 1000 times, in 10 illusion games).
    I recently reinstalled win7, maybe im missing some program? O.o"

EDIT: Also, Schoolmate2 and Yuusha didnt work with 9.6 neither. My old 8.26 works fine.
    Last edited by Asyron; 11-01-2010, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• It sounds like the "Bones Replace Method" should be either "CopyOrder" (copy using the original vertex order) or "CopyNear" (copy from closest vertex). Since there are no bones when importing from .mqo, "Replace" will remove all bones.

Comment

• I tryed the CopyNear, and it worked. Still messaging, but the game rendering the mesh well. Thank you very much for your help.

Comment

• Alamar try open C:\Games\ALICESOFT\CharaColle Bench\data\cc00_00_00_00.pp\c00_01_00_00.xx\P_mafu ra
          model texture is only one side

Comment

• SBZ import mqo problem.

Originally posted by Alamar View Post
            It sounds like the "Bones Replace Method" should be either "CopyOrder" (copy using the original vertex order) or "CopyNear" (copy from closest vertex). Since there are no bones when importing from .mqo, "Replace" will remove all bones.
            I made a breast mod in SBZ's sb03_00.pp for the cw_body_2_00.xx file's P_body_00_00 mesh. Using the "Replace" method leaves a stiff body in the game as you said. Using the "CopyNear" option causes SB3Utility v0.9.6 to freeze. Using the "CopyOrder" option works, but the in game body moves with a cluster of "sheets/skin colored plates" jutting out of it.

What do you think might be the problem?
            (Thanks in advance.)
            Attached Files
            (kohad.com)
            (memopadcar.deviantart.com)

It's a long way to the top, if ya wanna ROCK!

Comment

• CopyOrder won't work if you add/remove vertices. They need to stay in the same order as when you exported them. I think the freezing with CopyNear is SB3U doing calculations. It's a very inefficient algorithm, comparing each vertex to all the others. If you can't find a solution, I can take a look at the .mqo if you want to PM me a link or post it here.

I believe darkhound is also working on SBZ support for Illusion Morpher, but I don't know when it'll be released.

Comment

• If anyone wants it, I could release a version of the morpher that supports SBZ. Not very much tested and some new features unfinished.
                On my system SB3u does not freeze. CopyNear just takes a hell of a lot of time - several minutes, but if you wait patiently it works. Same as in the morpher, with objects that have a high poly/vertex count it becomes (very) slow. If you do e.g. a morph with an object that has 10.000 vertices and compare it to an object that has 10.000 vertices as well, you need to do 10.000 x 10.000 which is roughly 100k comparisons. Neither SB3u nor illusion morpher use more than 1 cpu core for these calaculations atm, so it will be slow.
                Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time right now and in the next weeks to work on the morpher or any new mods for SBZ.
                HF-Modding/Translation Club Member

Comment

• OK thanks for the tips; I'll give it more time to calculate with CopyNear and see what happens. If I run into more complications I'll let you all know. As for illusion morpher, no problem, take your time and release it when ready. Genius cannot be rushed, as they say.

Thanks again for the support from both of you.
                  (kohad.com)
                  (memopadcar.deviantart.com)

It's a long way to the top, if ya wanna ROCK!

Comment

• Alamar,help,please. I got a problem when exporting the morph clip and You can see the detail from the following picture.

Comment

• Click on the "kao_me [st_0_kao]" root node and then click "Export Clip". I'll fix the bug in the next version of SB3U.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alamar View Post
                        Click on the "kao_me [st_0_kao]" root node and then click "Export Clip". I'll fix the bug in the next version of SB3U.
                        Yes,that's what i did......and thanks to reply.

Comment

• The error happens when a child node like "0_kao_0", "0_kao_09", "0_kao_10"... is selected/highlighted right before clicking on "Export Clip". Click on the "kao_me [st_0_kao]" root node to select/highlight it again, and then click "Export Clip".

Comment

• Hey, I'm trying to add other locations to SM2's poser by overwriting some of the maps.
                            I've successfully done this with Yuusha by simply copying SCENE ROOT, textures, and materials to the workspace and then replacing everything that way.

In SM2, after following the procedure above, the game crashes when trying to load the new map, and also SB3U gives me this error when trying to open the .xx file after the changes were saved
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Somehow the modded .xx file became corrupt. Which .xx file are you copying from?

Comment

• I'm trying to use mh00_00_00.xx from AG3

Comment

Working...
                                X