This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Tools] SB3Utility Releases and Discussion

Post anything related to SB3Utility, such as how to use it, requests, bugs, etc.
    Please let me know if I'm missing any links or if you want any links added through PM.
    You might also want to check out Illusion Wizzard & Morpher by darkhound for modding.

I recommend using the Latest SB3Utility(GUI+Script) Version by enimaroah since I haven't updated SB3Utility in a long while.

Pre-scripting Versions
    Spoiler

SB3Utility Source Code: [MF Folder]

Custom Versions
    SB3Utility_v0.9.18R10 by enimaroah
    SB3UtilityCustom v9.9 by bbas2011
    SB3UtilityAA by darkhound
    SB3Utility with 3D Studio Max + Okino Polytrans DirectX Import/Export by J1327 [Broken link]
    SB3Utility with Skeletal Animation Editing by profundis

Supports: Battle Raper 2 (partially), Oppai Slider 2, RapeLay, Sexy Beach 3, SchoolMate (Figure/Trial/Retail), Artificial Girl 3 (Welcome/Retail), Digital Girl, Hako (Trial/Retail), SchoolMate Sweets, Esk Mate, @Home Mate (Figure/Trial/Retail), Yuusha (Trial/Retail), Real Girlfriend, SchoolMate 2 (Trial/Retail), Sexy Beach Zero, Characolle AliceSoft/BaseSon/Key (Benchmark/Retail), Artificial Academy (Trial/Retail except jch*.pp)
    3-D Formats: Metasequoia (text import/export, no normals, no skeleton), DirectX (binary & text import / text export), Collada (text import/export), FBX [recommended] (binary & text import / binary export), Ogre (binary export)

Requires
    - Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (different from the editor)
    - .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (different from the Compact Framework)
    - Latest DirectX 9.0c

Changelog
    (v0.9.18) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Reverted decryption algorithm to v0.9.15. Removed support for the compressed .pp format (jch*.pp)
    (v0.9.17) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Fixed opening various .pp formats
    (v0.9.16) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Added support for Best Collection and Artificial Academy
    - Fixed editing frame names again
    - Renderer will no longer throw an exception if a bone is missing
    Spoiler
    (v0.9.15)
    - Fixed morph export for .mqo
    - Fixed editing the name of frames that don't have meshes
    (v0.9.14)
    - Fixed importing Collada with matrix transforms and unused vertices
    (v0.9.13) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Fixed DBNull errors when removing bones in the Mesh Object Editor
    - Importing Collada with Z-up will now be automatically converted to Y-up
    - Fixed importing Collada from Blender
    - The Editor now shows a selected image if no .xx tab is open
    - Importing .mqo now defaults to the CopyNear method for bones
    - Fixed replacing mesh objects when using the Merge option for a Mesh and added it as an option for Mesh Objects in the Workspace
    (v0.9.12) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Fixed showing the number of mesh objects
    - Fixed error checking for bone operations
    (v0.9.11) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Changed "Characolle Bench" to "Characolle AliceSoft" for .pp formats
    - Added support for Characolle BaseSon & Key versions and AA Trial (thanks to bbas2011)
    - Added bone operations (by pidey)
    (v0.9.10) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Changed "Characolle Bench" to just "Characolle" for .pp formats
    - Collada importer can now parse empty visual scenes
    - Added support for .dxf, .3ds, and .obj
    (v0.9.9)
    - Fixed animations in the Renderer
    - The Object Tree tab in .xa Editors is now hidden since it isn't used
    (v0.9.8)
    - Fixed "Add Animations From XA Tab" not adding animations to the Workspace
    - Added ability to remove Animation Tracks in the Workspace
    - Removed resetting the Diffuse lighting value for the Renderer when opening a .xx file. Also, the value is now saved
    - Fixed the renderer showing exploded meshes for Rapelay and some others
    (v0.9.7) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Fixed loading .xx textures in the renderer that aren't .bmp or .tga (thanks to varicham)
    - Replacing a mesh that has a base mesh no longer shows a warning about adjusting unknown data
    - Added a culling option for the renderer. Checked will render one side, and unchecked will render both sides of a face
    - Fixed the crashing when exporting morphs if a child node is selected
    - Fixed Hierarchy conversions between formats (< 4) and (>= 4) in the Workspace
    - Fixed the renderer to use directional lighting
    - Added code for an .xm parser, but it's not used
    (v0.9.6) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Added support for SBZ and Characolle Bench (thanks to darkhound)
    - Fixed when the comma is used as the decimal separator in Frame and Bone tabs
    (v0.9.5)
    - Changed Matrix to Translate/Rotate/Scale in Frame and Bone tabs
    (v0.9.4)
    - Fixed memory problem when exporting large animations using DirectX format
    (v0.9.3)
    - Fixed .xx format conversion and merging bone lists when replacing in the Workspace
    (v0.9.2)
    - Added FBX import/export for morphs
    - FBX import will now skip empty animations
    (v0.9.1)
    - Added Add & Remove in the Bone tab
    - Added options for bones when replacing in the Workspace
    - FBX export will now make locators for nodes with no children and groups for nodes with children instead of making them all joints
    - Fixed FBX export for skins
    - Added FBX import
    - Added FBX support for multiple textures in a material. They will be connected as diffuse/ambient/emissive/specular textures even though they may actually be used for different things like normal/bump mapping or animation
    (v0.9.0)
    - Added export for FBX
    (v0.8.27)
    - Fixed saving .sb3uws for .xx Format Type 4-5 (RGF/SM2)
    - Changed the default "Merge" option for Meshes to "No" in the Workspace
    - Changed the default "Copy Hex" option for Hierarchies to "Yes" in the Workspace
    (v0.8.26)
    - Fixed target build to x86 (thanks to ScumSuckingPig). This was only a problem on 64-bit systems
    (v0.8.25)
    - Added support for SM2 Retail (thanks to ScumSuckingPig)
    (v0.8.24)
    - Added support for SM2 Trial (thanks to ScumSuckingPig)
    (v0.8.23)
    - Added .pp format auto-detection for .xa subfiles
    - Fixed saving .sb3uws for RGF
    - Application starts at the default location if offscreen
    (v0.8.22)
    - Fixed renderer aspect ratio for widescreen and dual monitors
    (v0.8.21)
    - Fixed replacing meshes for RGF when it has more vertices than the original
    (v0.8.20)
    - Added support for RGF (thanks to ScumSuckingPig & J1327)
    - Updated MOGRE from 1.4.8 to 1.6.5 beta r49
    (v0.8.19)
    - Added support for Yuusha Retail (thanks to ScumSuckingPig)
    (v0.8.18)
    - All frames used as bones and their children are now exported as joints for Collada
    - Fixed the positions of skinned meshes for Collada export
    (v0.8.17)
    - Added ability to add selected meshes from the Mesh list of the selected .xx Editor tab to the Workspace. If none in the Mesh list are selected, then all of them will be added
    - For replacing mesh normals, there are now options of replacing them (Replace) or keeping the normals of the base mesh object according to vertex order (CopyOrder) or the nearest vertex (CopyNear)
    - Added Morph Lists to "Align Vertices" and "Copy Near Vertex Normals" for the Workspace
    - "Calculate Normals" controls have been moved to a dialog box for the Workspace
    - "Align Vertices" in the Workspace now works similar to "Copy Near Vertex Normals"
    - Added the option to copy normals from the nearest vertex (no threshold) in the Workspace by using a negative threshold in "Copy Near Vertex Normals"
    - Fixed keeping base mesh object normals when replacing meshes
    (v0.8.16)
    - Fixed replacing materials for BR2. Some material RGBA values might still crash BR2, so it's not recommended to do so for that game
    - Fixed showing the Editor's bottom panel for the first opened .xx/.xa file
    - When replacing materials, used texture hex data is now copied if the texture name is the same
    (v0.8.15)
    - Added support for the BR2 character addon
    (v0.8.14)
    - Fixed mesh distortion by some bones for the Renderer
    - Fixed the Renderer when there are animation tracks with different numbers of keyframes
    (v0.8.13)
    - Fixed copying the mesh object unknown field when replacing a base mesh object
    - Fixed texture paths for Collada import
    - Added a "Merge" option for when replacing hierarchies in the Workspace
    - Re-added option to copy the Frame unknown hex for Hierarchies when replacing in the Workspace. The default is on, except for when dragging from the .xx Object Tree
    (v0.8.12)
    - Added partial support for BR2. Read this post for more info
    - When replacing hierarchies from the Workspace, it will always try to copy unknown fields instead of it being optional
    - Fixed keeping backups of base meshes when the hierarchy has been previously replaced. The feature was introduced in v0.8.7
    - The priority of the last auto-detected .pp format upon opening is bumped to the top
    (v0.8.11)
    - Fixed morphs for target meshes with multiple mesh objects
    - Fixed Collada import
    (v0.8.10)
    - When importing a DirectX .x file, unnamed materials with a texture will have the texture name followed by the material index
    - Unskinned meshes now move with animations in the Renderer
    - Added an optional mesh material offset for Hierarchies in the Workspace
    - Improved .pp format auto-detection when the .pp file contains .xx or image files
    - Fixed the animations/morphs already existing error
    (v0.8.9)
    - Fixed restoring "Selected Tab" / "All Open Tabs" settings in the Workspace
    - Fixed saving "Keep Backups" setting
    (v0.8.8)
    - Added preview of morphs to the Renderer. You can preview one morph keyframe per morph clip. Morphed normals aren't shown in the Renderer
    (v0.8.7)
    - When replacing, mesh unknown fields are now copied when the hierarchy with the base mesh has been previously replaced with a hierarchy without the base mesh within the same Workspace
    - Fixed parsing .xa files with multiple morphs of the same name
    (v0.8.6)
    - Fixed Collada export for unskinned meshes
    - Fixed Collada export of unused bones as joints for skinned meshes
    - Added normal calculation with no duplicate vertex detection by setting a negative threshold in the Workspace
    - Added ability to copy normals from close vertices in the Workspace. Read this post for more info
    - Added support for Esk Mate, AHM Figure, and AHM Trial (thanks to ScumSuckingPig)
    (v0.8.5)
    - Fixed removing all previous mesh objects when replacing meshes if not merging
    - Added option for replacing normals in the Workspace for meshes
    - Added export and import for simple morph editing. Read this post for more info
    (v0.8.4)
    - Added PNG, JPG, and DDS texture support
    - Removed check for valid names
    - Fixed incorrect rotations in matrix decomposition
    - Fixed adjusting unknown data for non-zero Mesh Types
    - Fixed displaying 0 as the last weight for unskinned meshes in the Mesh Object Editor. Actual bytes weren't affected
    - Added editor for unknown Hex fields in .xx files
    (v0.8.3)
    - Fixed using Yuusha MIK Trial in the Workspace
    - Fixed using meshes with different .xx formats in the Workspace
    - Fixed adding more skeletal animation clips
    - Fixed adjusting mesh material indices when removing materials
    - Added editor for mesh objects
    (v0.8.2)
    - Fixed mesh replacing
    - Added option to display bones in the Renderer
    (v0.8.1)
    - Fixed auto-detecting .pp format
    (v0.8.0)
    - Added support for SM Sweets, AHM Retail, and Yuusha MIK Trial (thanks to ScumSuckingPig and lauris71)
    - Changed some underlying code structures
    - Changed Collada format to Autodesk FBX v2010.0.2
    - Added support for SJIS filenames in .pp files
    Known Issues
    - Controls aren't locked or synchronized when performing tasks. Don't perform simultaneous tasks like saving again while it's already saving
    - May crash under 64-bit systems
    - When importing Collada into Maya/Max with Autodesk FBX, normals are reset. Exported normals in Collada from Maya/Max are retained when importing in SB3U

Resources
    .xx File Format (partially outdated) by alessi
    .xx File Format (partially outdated) by RawMonk
    .xa File Format (might be partially outdated) by Alamar
    .vci & .vcs File Formats by Alamar
    .tty File Format by Alamar
    Parser for .xm by Alamar
    Parser for .js3krs by Alamar
    SB3 BotuPlay Cameo Mod Tutorial for SB3Utility v0.4 Pre22 by Alamar
    SB3 Body Accessory v6 Mod Tutorial for SB3Utility v0.4b Pre5 by Alamar
    SB3 Kokonoe Rin (SaYaKa Project) Mod Tutorial for SB3Utility v0.7.17 by Alamar
    Modding Club Tutorial Thread
    Various Posts About Transparency compilation by Sinbad
    Modding Digital Girl Rin by mariokart64n
    Utilizing .sfd Files by trogdor0071
    SB3U Vertex Options Explained by darkhound
    Last edited by Inquisitor; 04-19-2014, 07:00 AM. Reason: Add prefix

There are a few of problems I ran into while working on the Metasequoia binary format:
    1. I didn't see an option to save as the binary format in Metasequoia. Is it only for registered versions, or is the option somewhere else?
    2. For a long time in SB3U, x10 scaling has been used. It'll need to be disabled in the binary format to preserve precision. Without the x10 scaling, meshes would be very small in Metasequoia. I don't know if the precision will be preserved if you scale up and down again in Metasequoia. Upon .mqo import in SB3U, I'll need to add a dialog for that x10 scaling option.
    3. Stop using Metasequoia. It sucks. It doesn't support a lot of things like real 3D editors do.

Originally posted by profundis View Post
    ...DirectX files (btw, it's the only format that let me import bones into max)
    Collada should've worked with the Autodesk FBX 2010 plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by Alamar View Post
      There are a few of problems I ran into while working on the Metasequoia binary format:
      1. I didn't see an option to save as the binary format in Metasequoia. Is it only for registered versions, or is the option somewhere else?
      I couldn't find it either.

You don't have to implement binary formats. I don't think it's worth the effort. Making "align vertices" work like "copy near normals" should solve my problem with precision.

3. Stop using Metasequoia. It sucks. It doesn't support a lot of things like real 3D editors do.
      I will.
      I'm fine with 3ds max (but importing from max via DirectX format, I still get the precision issue, I'll try Collada).
      Last edited by profundis; 09-13-2009, 01:37 AM.

[ School Mate 2: Uncensor | Clothes ] [ @HomeMate: Uncensor & Clothes ] [ Yuusha: Uncensor ]
      [ AG3+: ExpandingPussy Uncensor ] [ Itazura/Ichazura: Uncensor & more ] [ Tech48: Uncensor ]

Comment

I just released SB3Utility v0.8.17 with mostly changes to the Workspace and its calculation functions. There was a bug in previous versions when not replacing normals. It wasn't copying normals from the correct vertices.

I'll try to work on adding FBX support next.

Comment

What can I say...?

Solved all problems I had. Excellent job!!! Thank you!

UPDATE:

I noticed something weird, with AG3 again.

File: js3_00_02_00.pp -> s15_01.xx -> mesh s01_O_kouT_01
          SB3U renderer displays this mesh in correct position (picture 1). When you extract it to .dae file and view it in 3ds Max it's misplaced (see picture 2), same thing in Meta (picture 3, but position is different than in Collada + Max!). However, if you extract this mesh to DirectX .x file and import it to Max, it looks fine.

The pictures have been taken with Girley3T Guy mod installed, but I checked and the same happens with unmodded game.

So is it a bug or do I need to change importer settings in Max?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by profundis; 09-16-2009, 03:42 AM. Reason: merged two posts to avaid double posting...

[ School Mate 2: Uncensor | Clothes ] [ @HomeMate: Uncensor & Clothes ] [ Yuusha: Uncensor ]
          [ AG3+: ExpandingPussy Uncensor ] [ Itazura/Ichazura: Uncensor & more ] [ Tech48: Uncensor ]

Comment

So is it a bug or do I need to change importer settings in Max?
            It was a bug, and it's fixed for Collada in SB3Utility v0.8.18 that I just released. I had to change the bind shape matrix to identity, but I don't know if it'll cause problems for some other meshes.

I don't think it's easily fixable for .mqo (or the "Show Bounds" / "Show Normals" in SB3U's renderer) because it's just showing the unskinned position. If you detach the skin in Maya/Max, it'll be in the same place as shown in Metasequoia. In order to show the bounding box and normals in the correct position for SB3U, you'd have to apply the skin to them, which is too much trouble. For .mqo, you'd have to "bake" the skin, which is bad because you want to preserve the vertex positions.

Comment

I don't think it's easily fixable for .mqo (or the "Show Bounds" / "Show Normals" in SB3U's renderer) because it's just showing the unskinned position. If you detach the skin in Maya/Max, it'll be in the same place as shown in Metasequoia. In order to show the bounding box and normals in the correct position for SB3U, you'd have to apply the skin to them, which is too much trouble.
              Okay, thanks!
              Since I can open this in Max, there's no need to worry about Metasequoia (or SB3U).

Comment

Um i can't seem to be able to load any of my previous workspace files (sb3uws) in the new version actually let me correct that i can't open any workspace files after version 7.19 even if they were saved with the current version. Can this be fixed??

Edit forgot to post the error msg

[10:12:47 PM] Error opening Fumi Body.sb3uws: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Comment

thanks Alamar for your great tools SB3U。
                  but,i have a question。
                  is there any way i can edit the “morph”in Xa file through sb3u?In the latest version, I can only export morph clip。Am I missing something important?

Comment

Originally posted by Wong2005 View Post
                    Um i can't seem to be able to load any of my previous workspace files (sb3uws)
                    I made some changes to their structure. I'll try to make it backwards compatible in a future version. I didn't think anyone actually used them.

Originally posted by nicholl View Post
                    is there any way i can edit the “morph”in Xa file through sb3u?
                    After you export the clip to .morph.mqo, you can edit the vertex positions and open it back up in SB3U like usual (drag-n-drop, etc). When you click on the filename under the 3D tab, it'll open up a workspace. In the workspace, it should show a tree node with "Morph". With the .xa file open, clicking "Add / Replace" should replace them.

There are some morph editing features that haven't been implemented yet. You can't change which vertices you want to include in the morph clip or add/remove morphs in the clip.

Just FYI, in future versions, I'll refer to "morph clip" as "morph set" since that's a more accurate description. I thought it was like an animation clip, but which morph is displayed is controlled by something else (maybe hardcoded or in .lst files, etc).

Comment

Now I know where the problem lies.
                      thanks alamar

Comment

Another Question, can the windows in SB3U be allowed to move outside the program for example the edit and workspace windows the render can stay inside the program but it would be awsome to move the other 2 out and around sorry if i'm asking to much i'm just trying to make it a little easier to navigate that's all.

Comment

I updated SB3Utility with support for Yuusha Retail in the first post.

Originally posted by Wong2005 View Post
                          Another Question, can the windows in SB3U be allowed to move outside the program
                          I think it would cause too many problems having a bunch of floating windows. You can always maximize or resize the client area of SB3U.

Comment

I updated SB3Utility with support for Yuusha Retail in the first post.
                            That was fast, thanks!!!

Works fine.

EDIT: Just a question...
                            Would that be possible to add Select/Deselect All and Expand/Collapse All buttons in the workspace? There's so much clicking when I modify many meshes in a workspace...
                            Last edited by profundis; 10-03-2009, 04:41 AM.

Comment

hi alamar, can you help me. after you release the SB3Utility 7 ver. this brilliant tool does not work... and the newest version too.

Already install these requirements:
                              - DirectX v9.0c
                              - Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (different from the editor)
                              - .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (different from the Compact Framework)
                              - If you're still experiencing a crash on start, try installing CEGui Mesh Viewer
                              - And my sistem is 32 bites

I forget something? thx

Comment

There's so much clicking when I modify many meshes in a workspace...
                                TheShadow was working on improving the GUI for SB3U, but I don't know the current status of it. I told him he could release it whenever it's ready, and I'll link it in the first post. I don't mind multiple versions of SB3U floating around. That's why it's open source in the first place. I'm going to be busy for a while, so it'll be a long break before there will be any major updates from me (like the break before v0.8).

Originally posted by garnetfanatico View Post
                                after you release the SB3Utility 7 ver. this brilliant tool does not work... and the newest version too.
                                Is there any error message?

Comment

Working...
                                X