This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Tools] SB3Utility Releases and Discussion

Post anything related to SB3Utility, such as how to use it, requests, bugs, etc.
    Please let me know if I'm missing any links or if you want any links added through PM.
    You might also want to check out Illusion Wizzard & Morpher by darkhound for modding.

I recommend using the Latest SB3Utility(GUI+Script) Version by enimaroah since I haven't updated SB3Utility in a long while.

Pre-scripting Versions
    Spoiler

SB3Utility Source Code: [MF Folder]

Custom Versions
    SB3Utility_v0.9.18R10 by enimaroah
    SB3UtilityCustom v9.9 by bbas2011
    SB3UtilityAA by darkhound
    SB3Utility with 3D Studio Max + Okino Polytrans DirectX Import/Export by J1327 [Broken link]
    SB3Utility with Skeletal Animation Editing by profundis

Supports: Battle Raper 2 (partially), Oppai Slider 2, RapeLay, Sexy Beach 3, SchoolMate (Figure/Trial/Retail), Artificial Girl 3 (Welcome/Retail), Digital Girl, Hako (Trial/Retail), SchoolMate Sweets, Esk Mate, @Home Mate (Figure/Trial/Retail), Yuusha (Trial/Retail), Real Girlfriend, SchoolMate 2 (Trial/Retail), Sexy Beach Zero, Characolle AliceSoft/BaseSon/Key (Benchmark/Retail), Artificial Academy (Trial/Retail except jch*.pp)
    3-D Formats: Metasequoia (text import/export, no normals, no skeleton), DirectX (binary & text import / text export), Collada (text import/export), FBX [recommended] (binary & text import / binary export), Ogre (binary export)

Requires
    - Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (different from the editor)
    - .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (different from the Compact Framework)
    - Latest DirectX 9.0c

Changelog
    (v0.9.18) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Reverted decryption algorithm to v0.9.15. Removed support for the compressed .pp format (jch*.pp)
    (v0.9.17) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Fixed opening various .pp formats
    (v0.9.16) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Added support for Best Collection and Artificial Academy
    - Fixed editing frame names again
    - Renderer will no longer throw an exception if a bone is missing
    Spoiler
    (v0.9.15)
    - Fixed morph export for .mqo
    - Fixed editing the name of frames that don't have meshes
    (v0.9.14)
    - Fixed importing Collada with matrix transforms and unused vertices
    (v0.9.13) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Fixed DBNull errors when removing bones in the Mesh Object Editor
    - Importing Collada with Z-up will now be automatically converted to Y-up
    - Fixed importing Collada from Blender
    - The Editor now shows a selected image if no .xx tab is open
    - Importing .mqo now defaults to the CopyNear method for bones
    - Fixed replacing mesh objects when using the Merge option for a Mesh and added it as an option for Mesh Objects in the Workspace
    (v0.9.12) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Fixed showing the number of mesh objects
    - Fixed error checking for bone operations
    (v0.9.11) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Changed "Characolle Bench" to "Characolle AliceSoft" for .pp formats
    - Added support for Characolle BaseSon & Key versions and AA Trial (thanks to bbas2011)
    - Added bone operations (by pidey)
    (v0.9.10) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Changed "Characolle Bench" to just "Characolle" for .pp formats
    - Collada importer can now parse empty visual scenes
    - Added support for .dxf, .3ds, and .obj
    (v0.9.9)
    - Fixed animations in the Renderer
    - The Object Tree tab in .xa Editors is now hidden since it isn't used
    (v0.9.8)
    - Fixed "Add Animations From XA Tab" not adding animations to the Workspace
    - Added ability to remove Animation Tracks in the Workspace
    - Removed resetting the Diffuse lighting value for the Renderer when opening a .xx file. Also, the value is now saved
    - Fixed the renderer showing exploded meshes for Rapelay and some others
    (v0.9.7) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Fixed loading .xx textures in the renderer that aren't .bmp or .tga (thanks to varicham)
    - Replacing a mesh that has a base mesh no longer shows a warning about adjusting unknown data
    - Added a culling option for the renderer. Checked will render one side, and unchecked will render both sides of a face
    - Fixed the crashing when exporting morphs if a child node is selected
    - Fixed Hierarchy conversions between formats (< 4) and (>= 4) in the Workspace
    - Fixed the renderer to use directional lighting
    - Added code for an .xm parser, but it's not used
    (v0.9.6) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Added support for SBZ and Characolle Bench (thanks to darkhound)
    - Fixed when the comma is used as the decimal separator in Frame and Bone tabs
    (v0.9.5)
    - Changed Matrix to Translate/Rotate/Scale in Frame and Bone tabs
    (v0.9.4)
    - Fixed memory problem when exporting large animations using DirectX format
    (v0.9.3)
    - Fixed .xx format conversion and merging bone lists when replacing in the Workspace
    (v0.9.2)
    - Added FBX import/export for morphs
    - FBX import will now skip empty animations
    (v0.9.1)
    - Added Add & Remove in the Bone tab
    - Added options for bones when replacing in the Workspace
    - FBX export will now make locators for nodes with no children and groups for nodes with children instead of making them all joints
    - Fixed FBX export for skins
    - Added FBX import
    - Added FBX support for multiple textures in a material. They will be connected as diffuse/ambient/emissive/specular textures even though they may actually be used for different things like normal/bump mapping or animation
    (v0.9.0)
    - Added export for FBX
    (v0.8.27)
    - Fixed saving .sb3uws for .xx Format Type 4-5 (RGF/SM2)
    - Changed the default "Merge" option for Meshes to "No" in the Workspace
    - Changed the default "Copy Hex" option for Hierarchies to "Yes" in the Workspace
    (v0.8.26)
    - Fixed target build to x86 (thanks to ScumSuckingPig). This was only a problem on 64-bit systems
    (v0.8.25)
    - Added support for SM2 Retail (thanks to ScumSuckingPig)
    (v0.8.24)
    - Added support for SM2 Trial (thanks to ScumSuckingPig)
    (v0.8.23)
    - Added .pp format auto-detection for .xa subfiles
    - Fixed saving .sb3uws for RGF
    - Application starts at the default location if offscreen
    (v0.8.22)
    - Fixed renderer aspect ratio for widescreen and dual monitors
    (v0.8.21)
    - Fixed replacing meshes for RGF when it has more vertices than the original
    (v0.8.20)
    - Added support for RGF (thanks to ScumSuckingPig & J1327)
    - Updated MOGRE from 1.4.8 to 1.6.5 beta r49
    (v0.8.19)
    - Added support for Yuusha Retail (thanks to ScumSuckingPig)
    (v0.8.18)
    - All frames used as bones and their children are now exported as joints for Collada
    - Fixed the positions of skinned meshes for Collada export
    (v0.8.17)
    - Added ability to add selected meshes from the Mesh list of the selected .xx Editor tab to the Workspace. If none in the Mesh list are selected, then all of them will be added
    - For replacing mesh normals, there are now options of replacing them (Replace) or keeping the normals of the base mesh object according to vertex order (CopyOrder) or the nearest vertex (CopyNear)
    - Added Morph Lists to "Align Vertices" and "Copy Near Vertex Normals" for the Workspace
    - "Calculate Normals" controls have been moved to a dialog box for the Workspace
    - "Align Vertices" in the Workspace now works similar to "Copy Near Vertex Normals"
    - Added the option to copy normals from the nearest vertex (no threshold) in the Workspace by using a negative threshold in "Copy Near Vertex Normals"
    - Fixed keeping base mesh object normals when replacing meshes
    (v0.8.16)
    - Fixed replacing materials for BR2. Some material RGBA values might still crash BR2, so it's not recommended to do so for that game
    - Fixed showing the Editor's bottom panel for the first opened .xx/.xa file
    - When replacing materials, used texture hex data is now copied if the texture name is the same
    (v0.8.15)
    - Added support for the BR2 character addon
    (v0.8.14)
    - Fixed mesh distortion by some bones for the Renderer
    - Fixed the Renderer when there are animation tracks with different numbers of keyframes
    (v0.8.13)
    - Fixed copying the mesh object unknown field when replacing a base mesh object
    - Fixed texture paths for Collada import
    - Added a "Merge" option for when replacing hierarchies in the Workspace
    - Re-added option to copy the Frame unknown hex for Hierarchies when replacing in the Workspace. The default is on, except for when dragging from the .xx Object Tree
    (v0.8.12)
    - Added partial support for BR2. Read this post for more info
    - When replacing hierarchies from the Workspace, it will always try to copy unknown fields instead of it being optional
    - Fixed keeping backups of base meshes when the hierarchy has been previously replaced. The feature was introduced in v0.8.7
    - The priority of the last auto-detected .pp format upon opening is bumped to the top
    (v0.8.11)
    - Fixed morphs for target meshes with multiple mesh objects
    - Fixed Collada import
    (v0.8.10)
    - When importing a DirectX .x file, unnamed materials with a texture will have the texture name followed by the material index
    - Unskinned meshes now move with animations in the Renderer
    - Added an optional mesh material offset for Hierarchies in the Workspace
    - Improved .pp format auto-detection when the .pp file contains .xx or image files
    - Fixed the animations/morphs already existing error
    (v0.8.9)
    - Fixed restoring "Selected Tab" / "All Open Tabs" settings in the Workspace
    - Fixed saving "Keep Backups" setting
    (v0.8.8)
    - Added preview of morphs to the Renderer. You can preview one morph keyframe per morph clip. Morphed normals aren't shown in the Renderer
    (v0.8.7)
    - When replacing, mesh unknown fields are now copied when the hierarchy with the base mesh has been previously replaced with a hierarchy without the base mesh within the same Workspace
    - Fixed parsing .xa files with multiple morphs of the same name
    (v0.8.6)
    - Fixed Collada export for unskinned meshes
    - Fixed Collada export of unused bones as joints for skinned meshes
    - Added normal calculation with no duplicate vertex detection by setting a negative threshold in the Workspace
    - Added ability to copy normals from close vertices in the Workspace. Read this post for more info
    - Added support for Esk Mate, AHM Figure, and AHM Trial (thanks to ScumSuckingPig)
    (v0.8.5)
    - Fixed removing all previous mesh objects when replacing meshes if not merging
    - Added option for replacing normals in the Workspace for meshes
    - Added export and import for simple morph editing. Read this post for more info
    (v0.8.4)
    - Added PNG, JPG, and DDS texture support
    - Removed check for valid names
    - Fixed incorrect rotations in matrix decomposition
    - Fixed adjusting unknown data for non-zero Mesh Types
    - Fixed displaying 0 as the last weight for unskinned meshes in the Mesh Object Editor. Actual bytes weren't affected
    - Added editor for unknown Hex fields in .xx files
    (v0.8.3)
    - Fixed using Yuusha MIK Trial in the Workspace
    - Fixed using meshes with different .xx formats in the Workspace
    - Fixed adding more skeletal animation clips
    - Fixed adjusting mesh material indices when removing materials
    - Added editor for mesh objects
    (v0.8.2)
    - Fixed mesh replacing
    - Added option to display bones in the Renderer
    (v0.8.1)
    - Fixed auto-detecting .pp format
    (v0.8.0)
    - Added support for SM Sweets, AHM Retail, and Yuusha MIK Trial (thanks to ScumSuckingPig and lauris71)
    - Changed some underlying code structures
    - Changed Collada format to Autodesk FBX v2010.0.2
    - Added support for SJIS filenames in .pp files
    Known Issues
    - Controls aren't locked or synchronized when performing tasks. Don't perform simultaneous tasks like saving again while it's already saving
    - May crash under 64-bit systems
    - When importing Collada into Maya/Max with Autodesk FBX, normals are reset. Exported normals in Collada from Maya/Max are retained when importing in SB3U

Resources
    .xx File Format (partially outdated) by alessi
    .xx File Format (partially outdated) by RawMonk
    .xa File Format (might be partially outdated) by Alamar
    .vci & .vcs File Formats by Alamar
    .tty File Format by Alamar
    Parser for .xm by Alamar
    Parser for .js3krs by Alamar
    SB3 BotuPlay Cameo Mod Tutorial for SB3Utility v0.4 Pre22 by Alamar
    SB3 Body Accessory v6 Mod Tutorial for SB3Utility v0.4b Pre5 by Alamar
    SB3 Kokonoe Rin (SaYaKa Project) Mod Tutorial for SB3Utility v0.7.17 by Alamar
    Modding Club Tutorial Thread
    Various Posts About Transparency compilation by Sinbad
    Modding Digital Girl Rin by mariokart64n
    Utilizing .sfd Files by trogdor0071
    SB3U Vertex Options Explained by darkhound
    Last edited by Inquisitor; 04-19-2014, 06:00 AM. Reason: Add prefix

• I see that you are online just now. I wonder if this was lost in the myriad of recent requests I have made so far...

The hex codes in PPD are more complicated than ever. Without having the unknown hex in your version, I couldn't have addressed the dynamic shadows. This may be the first documented use case on the unknowns. I guess this has to do with the better engines they are using. I can see that the more complicated lighting situation are used, the more hex codes we will see in the future.

It's funny that on illusion's end, it may be just a GUI checkbox or option they click on their own application. and now we are try to understand it by looking at the hex directly. lol, even they don't know what the hex are for unless matched with their GUI!
    Last edited by bdpq; 05-27-2013, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by enimaroah View Post
      I'm eagerly waiting for that day when you ask. In the meantime I'll do my exercises from a collection of mathematical papers from Sir William Rowan Hamilton. I still try to understand - and not only to use - Quaternions.
      You may find this interesting as well. It's the dissertation for Lytro Camera's inventor, able to change focus point after the picture is taken. the math in there is ... what should I say? not for me...

Comment

• No it wasn't lost and I commented your request. But it has gotten no high priority because of already present alternatives.

The hex values could be parameters of shaders and might have the same values as in the directx documentation. But I am no shader expert, it's just a guess.

Comment

They seem to be used like that, but every game could handle that differently.
          That's the part that makes no sense to me.
          "Every game could handle that differently."

I ask yet another simple question. Why?
          Why would the numbers for lighting and reflection be different from program to program?
          Is there not some standard that is used in software design/programming?

All I want is to have the diffuse, ambient, specular, and emissive numbers that I see and render with meta, be the same values that I use in SB3UGUI, and then exhibit the same rendering quality in game. Any game.
          Ok. I'll get off the soapbox now, but I have a valid point. There should be some consistency or standards set.
          PPD & Studio Pro Items
          PPD & Studio Pro Tutorials, Tips, & Outfit Mods

Comment

• The world is not as we would like it to have. Of course, Illusion will not invent every game from scratch and will therefore use some standards. But this is software, they can and they do change what they like. E.g. the encryption codes or the way they read the transformation matrix or floats of material attributes. They had even used nagative values for positve ones (after decryption).

We can feel ourselves lucky that they used format fields which are nice hints and indicators for changes.

Lighting never came in the way like it came in PPD. And you can abstract that to any new effect. So there will be new unknown fields set to values we never saw before. This is one of the main reasons for me to continue: changes because of new features

Apart from that, material attributes set to the same values should and will lead to the same visual result only as long as the renderer is using the same lighting. So Metaseq and SB3U dont use dynamic lighting and should produce very similar results. But but but, MQOs dont transport normals. This means while SB3U is taking the normals from the vertex stored in the xx, Metaseq must compute it! There are many examples where Illusion provided "wrong" normals and an exported mesh in Metaseq will look perfectly lit (non-dynamic but perfectly). The same mesh wont look right in SB3U.

Comment

• Well, I have learned something new. Out of curiosity, I ticked the "render" and then on "normals" for the t-bird mesh and saw that there were none. Clicked on the mesh then on the "Normals" button, left the default setting on calculate normals and clicked on OK.
              Bam! Instant change of the mesh viewed, similar to what I saw in meta's rendering. So the change shows reflection of the materials, which it hasn't until now. But since the mesh has no normals, the object in game is still dull and lifeless. So, I assume there is no way to create normals, and that the reflection issue will have to be dealt with by hex editing? Would importing the mesh from 3DS Max as an .fbx file include normals? The original file came with an .obj and a .max, so I assume could open the max file, export it as a .fbx and import into SB3UGUI? Nevermind, my trial has ran out from autodesk. I'll keep poking it with a sharp stick and cursing at polygons.

Spoiler

Last edited by Guff; 05-28-2013, 02:29 PM.
              PPD & Studio Pro Items

Comment

• All lighting effects including reflection need correct normals to work with. SB3U can create normals, but you have to try if the default (threshold = -1) works for you or if you have to use a positive value. I found that the majority looks nice with a threshold of 0.00001.

Normals are exported in fbx and obj files (and more formats). Note the replace dialog in SB3U. If normals are present in the imported file you will see SB3U choosing Replace as replacing method!

"No way to create normals..." !? Not sure what you tried to say here, because you already created them. BTW, this isn't true reflection as you wouldn't see any object of the scene mirrored. But the bright materials can be toned down without messing with any hex just by decreasing their attributes.

Comment

"No way to create normals..." !? Not sure what you tried to say here, because you already created them. BTW, this isn't true reflection as you wouldn't see any object of the scene mirrored. But the bright materials can be toned down without messing with any hex just by decreasing their attributes.
                  I created them by "calculate normals"? I thought that was only a representation of what the normals would be if there were any, not that it created them. Thanks again for the info.
                  PPD & Studio Pro Items

Comment

• Only the options for the renderer have no influence to data, every other action you make in the editors is producing a command in the scripting window. That command is changing the data - in this case in the xx. [This should be the same for ODF, but I was lazy there and a few functions directly change the data without commands. The handling for REMs should be okay.]

Creating new normals is very important in non obvious cases, like when the FBX has been created by Maya. An export from SB3U has usable normals when imported back, but Maya produces unusable results. Dont know if Max has the same error. Better always check the normals after every replacement.

Comment

• bdpq, Shift-Delete now works in the whole XX editor: Object Tree and all views even in the crossreferences. I also included the destructive combination in the views of pp files.

Another thing was annoying which is fixed: you can drop files into the new lst editor and they are opened like as they would have been dropped elsewhere.

Small fix for ODF editing, after deleting submeshes the Object Tree wasn't updated and produced crashes when a node of a bone was clicked.

SB3Utility 0.4.42.53delta MU, SF

Comment

• thank you thank you!!

and by the way, do you think PPD's bump map is working? I have seen quite a few materials with normals bump map and specular maps assigned, but on two of my machines the model still look flat - as if the bump map was never there. the only thing that is changed is the highlight.

Look at the neck area, it is flat.
                        Spoiler

I tweaked my new EVAs' bump map but was never able to see the real difference. I am not able to see the bump map effects on character's costumes, either... I don't know it's a bug on my part or not.
                        Last edited by bdpq; 05-31-2013, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• You are welcome, bdpq.

No idea about the bump mapping. The only additional textures I created where for the first zombie replacement - normal and specular maps. You seem to be the highest material hexpert currently.

Hm, you said "two machines". Do you have one machine where you see what you are missing on the others? Then it could be the GPUs or their drivers.

Comment

• Hi Enimaroah,

This request may be a bit out of scope of SB3UGS but it would be a great help to modders.

You might be also quite busy on other milestones, but if you can give some thought on this little feature it would be greatly appreciated.

Spoiler

granted everyone can take a screenshot but if this can be handled right from the UI it will be nice.

I was thinking perhaps make it a _thumb.jpg in the .xx files so a quick .xx viewer can be made? (further out of scope of current sb3ugs... I was thinking along the line that .xx file is a container anyway, why not contain a thumbnail of itself?)

Comment

• XL Tools

finally found a working XL converter
                              testing it for lightning the maps
                              will say if its works okay

see orginal converter tool picture from website

update: works very good, can colorized the lighting, angle and lots more, is very happy with it
                              also everytime you change the xl file it creates a backup!

Last edited by mk2000; 06-06-2013, 05:31 AM. Reason: update because tested it

For your own safety, don't use Windows 10
                              Google is your best friend, Microsoft your worst enemy

Comment

• hi enimaroah,

I don't know when you implemented the file monitoring function in the workspace but it works very nicely indeed. If I added a new object in MQO, the workspace is immediately updated...

One thing thou... all the setting for other objects go back to the default (target position: -1, replace mesh checked).

Is there anyway for the workspace to "remember" the settings for each object that has been previous set by the user?

thanks~~!

Comment

Working...
                                X