This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Tools] SB3Utility Releases and Discussion

Post anything related to SB3Utility, such as how to use it, requests, bugs, etc.
    Please let me know if I'm missing any links or if you want any links added through PM.
    You might also want to check out Illusion Wizzard & Morpher by darkhound for modding.

I recommend using the Latest SB3Utility(GUI+Script) Version by enimaroah since I haven't updated SB3Utility in a long while.

Pre-scripting Versions
    Spoiler

SB3Utility Source Code: [MF Folder]

Custom Versions
    SB3Utility_v0.9.18R10 by enimaroah
    SB3UtilityCustom v9.9 by bbas2011
    SB3UtilityAA by darkhound
    SB3Utility with 3D Studio Max + Okino Polytrans DirectX Import/Export by J1327 [Broken link]
    SB3Utility with Skeletal Animation Editing by profundis

Supports: Battle Raper 2 (partially), Oppai Slider 2, RapeLay, Sexy Beach 3, SchoolMate (Figure/Trial/Retail), Artificial Girl 3 (Welcome/Retail), Digital Girl, Hako (Trial/Retail), SchoolMate Sweets, Esk Mate, @Home Mate (Figure/Trial/Retail), Yuusha (Trial/Retail), Real Girlfriend, SchoolMate 2 (Trial/Retail), Sexy Beach Zero, Characolle AliceSoft/BaseSon/Key (Benchmark/Retail), Artificial Academy (Trial/Retail except jch*.pp)
    3-D Formats: Metasequoia (text import/export, no normals, no skeleton), DirectX (binary & text import / text export), Collada (text import/export), FBX [recommended] (binary & text import / binary export), Ogre (binary export)

Requires
    - Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (different from the editor)
    - .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (different from the Compact Framework)
    - Latest DirectX 9.0c

Changelog
    (v0.9.18) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Reverted decryption algorithm to v0.9.15. Removed support for the compressed .pp format (jch*.pp)
    (v0.9.17) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Fixed opening various .pp formats
    (v0.9.16) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Added support for Best Collection and Artificial Academy
    - Fixed editing frame names again
    - Renderer will no longer throw an exception if a bone is missing
    Spoiler
    (v0.9.15)
    - Fixed morph export for .mqo
    - Fixed editing the name of frames that don't have meshes
    (v0.9.14)
    - Fixed importing Collada with matrix transforms and unused vertices
    (v0.9.13) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Fixed DBNull errors when removing bones in the Mesh Object Editor
    - Importing Collada with Z-up will now be automatically converted to Y-up
    - Fixed importing Collada from Blender
    - The Editor now shows a selected image if no .xx tab is open
    - Importing .mqo now defaults to the CopyNear method for bones
    - Fixed replacing mesh objects when using the Merge option for a Mesh and added it as an option for Mesh Objects in the Workspace
    (v0.9.12) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Fixed showing the number of mesh objects
    - Fixed error checking for bone operations
    (v0.9.11) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Changed "Characolle Bench" to "Characolle AliceSoft" for .pp formats
    - Added support for Characolle BaseSon & Key versions and AA Trial (thanks to bbas2011)
    - Added bone operations (by pidey)
    (v0.9.10) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Changed "Characolle Bench" to just "Characolle" for .pp formats
    - Collada importer can now parse empty visual scenes
    - Added support for .dxf, .3ds, and .obj
    (v0.9.9)
    - Fixed animations in the Renderer
    - The Object Tree tab in .xa Editors is now hidden since it isn't used
    (v0.9.8)
    - Fixed "Add Animations From XA Tab" not adding animations to the Workspace
    - Added ability to remove Animation Tracks in the Workspace
    - Removed resetting the Diffuse lighting value for the Renderer when opening a .xx file. Also, the value is now saved
    - Fixed the renderer showing exploded meshes for Rapelay and some others
    (v0.9.7) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Fixed loading .xx textures in the renderer that aren't .bmp or .tga (thanks to varicham)
    - Replacing a mesh that has a base mesh no longer shows a warning about adjusting unknown data
    - Added a culling option for the renderer. Checked will render one side, and unchecked will render both sides of a face
    - Fixed the crashing when exporting morphs if a child node is selected
    - Fixed Hierarchy conversions between formats (< 4) and (>= 4) in the Workspace
    - Fixed the renderer to use directional lighting
    - Added code for an .xm parser, but it's not used
    (v0.9.6) [SB3UtilityGlobals modified]
    - Added support for SBZ and Characolle Bench (thanks to darkhound)
    - Fixed when the comma is used as the decimal separator in Frame and Bone tabs
    (v0.9.5)
    - Changed Matrix to Translate/Rotate/Scale in Frame and Bone tabs
    (v0.9.4)
    - Fixed memory problem when exporting large animations using DirectX format
    (v0.9.3)
    - Fixed .xx format conversion and merging bone lists when replacing in the Workspace
    (v0.9.2)
    - Added FBX import/export for morphs
    - FBX import will now skip empty animations
    (v0.9.1)
    - Added Add & Remove in the Bone tab
    - Added options for bones when replacing in the Workspace
    - FBX export will now make locators for nodes with no children and groups for nodes with children instead of making them all joints
    - Fixed FBX export for skins
    - Added FBX import
    - Added FBX support for multiple textures in a material. They will be connected as diffuse/ambient/emissive/specular textures even though they may actually be used for different things like normal/bump mapping or animation
    (v0.9.0)
    - Added export for FBX
    (v0.8.27)
    - Fixed saving .sb3uws for .xx Format Type 4-5 (RGF/SM2)
    - Changed the default "Merge" option for Meshes to "No" in the Workspace
    - Changed the default "Copy Hex" option for Hierarchies to "Yes" in the Workspace
    (v0.8.26)
    - Fixed target build to x86 (thanks to ScumSuckingPig). This was only a problem on 64-bit systems
    (v0.8.25)
    - Added support for SM2 Retail (thanks to ScumSuckingPig)
    (v0.8.24)
    - Added support for SM2 Trial (thanks to ScumSuckingPig)
    (v0.8.23)
    - Added .pp format auto-detection for .xa subfiles
    - Fixed saving .sb3uws for RGF
    - Application starts at the default location if offscreen
    (v0.8.22)
    - Fixed renderer aspect ratio for widescreen and dual monitors
    (v0.8.21)
    - Fixed replacing meshes for RGF when it has more vertices than the original
    (v0.8.20)
    - Added support for RGF (thanks to ScumSuckingPig & J1327)
    - Updated MOGRE from 1.4.8 to 1.6.5 beta r49
    (v0.8.19)
    - Added support for Yuusha Retail (thanks to ScumSuckingPig)
    (v0.8.18)
    - All frames used as bones and their children are now exported as joints for Collada
    - Fixed the positions of skinned meshes for Collada export
    (v0.8.17)
    - Added ability to add selected meshes from the Mesh list of the selected .xx Editor tab to the Workspace. If none in the Mesh list are selected, then all of them will be added
    - For replacing mesh normals, there are now options of replacing them (Replace) or keeping the normals of the base mesh object according to vertex order (CopyOrder) or the nearest vertex (CopyNear)
    - Added Morph Lists to "Align Vertices" and "Copy Near Vertex Normals" for the Workspace
    - "Calculate Normals" controls have been moved to a dialog box for the Workspace
    - "Align Vertices" in the Workspace now works similar to "Copy Near Vertex Normals"
    - Added the option to copy normals from the nearest vertex (no threshold) in the Workspace by using a negative threshold in "Copy Near Vertex Normals"
    - Fixed keeping base mesh object normals when replacing meshes
    (v0.8.16)
    - Fixed replacing materials for BR2. Some material RGBA values might still crash BR2, so it's not recommended to do so for that game
    - Fixed showing the Editor's bottom panel for the first opened .xx/.xa file
    - When replacing materials, used texture hex data is now copied if the texture name is the same
    (v0.8.15)
    - Added support for the BR2 character addon
    (v0.8.14)
    - Fixed mesh distortion by some bones for the Renderer
    - Fixed the Renderer when there are animation tracks with different numbers of keyframes
    (v0.8.13)
    - Fixed copying the mesh object unknown field when replacing a base mesh object
    - Fixed texture paths for Collada import
    - Added a "Merge" option for when replacing hierarchies in the Workspace
    - Re-added option to copy the Frame unknown hex for Hierarchies when replacing in the Workspace. The default is on, except for when dragging from the .xx Object Tree
    (v0.8.12)
    - Added partial support for BR2. Read this post for more info
    - When replacing hierarchies from the Workspace, it will always try to copy unknown fields instead of it being optional
    - Fixed keeping backups of base meshes when the hierarchy has been previously replaced. The feature was introduced in v0.8.7
    - The priority of the last auto-detected .pp format upon opening is bumped to the top
    (v0.8.11)
    - Fixed morphs for target meshes with multiple mesh objects
    - Fixed Collada import
    (v0.8.10)
    - When importing a DirectX .x file, unnamed materials with a texture will have the texture name followed by the material index
    - Unskinned meshes now move with animations in the Renderer
    - Added an optional mesh material offset for Hierarchies in the Workspace
    - Improved .pp format auto-detection when the .pp file contains .xx or image files
    - Fixed the animations/morphs already existing error
    (v0.8.9)
    - Fixed restoring "Selected Tab" / "All Open Tabs" settings in the Workspace
    - Fixed saving "Keep Backups" setting
    (v0.8.8)
    - Added preview of morphs to the Renderer. You can preview one morph keyframe per morph clip. Morphed normals aren't shown in the Renderer
    (v0.8.7)
    - When replacing, mesh unknown fields are now copied when the hierarchy with the base mesh has been previously replaced with a hierarchy without the base mesh within the same Workspace
    - Fixed parsing .xa files with multiple morphs of the same name
    (v0.8.6)
    - Fixed Collada export for unskinned meshes
    - Fixed Collada export of unused bones as joints for skinned meshes
    - Added normal calculation with no duplicate vertex detection by setting a negative threshold in the Workspace
    - Added ability to copy normals from close vertices in the Workspace. Read this post for more info
    - Added support for Esk Mate, AHM Figure, and AHM Trial (thanks to ScumSuckingPig)
    (v0.8.5)
    - Fixed removing all previous mesh objects when replacing meshes if not merging
    - Added option for replacing normals in the Workspace for meshes
    - Added export and import for simple morph editing. Read this post for more info
    (v0.8.4)
    - Added PNG, JPG, and DDS texture support
    - Removed check for valid names
    - Fixed incorrect rotations in matrix decomposition
    - Fixed adjusting unknown data for non-zero Mesh Types
    - Fixed displaying 0 as the last weight for unskinned meshes in the Mesh Object Editor. Actual bytes weren't affected
    - Added editor for unknown Hex fields in .xx files
    (v0.8.3)
    - Fixed using Yuusha MIK Trial in the Workspace
    - Fixed using meshes with different .xx formats in the Workspace
    - Fixed adding more skeletal animation clips
    - Fixed adjusting mesh material indices when removing materials
    - Added editor for mesh objects
    (v0.8.2)
    - Fixed mesh replacing
    - Added option to display bones in the Renderer
    (v0.8.1)
    - Fixed auto-detecting .pp format
    (v0.8.0)
    - Added support for SM Sweets, AHM Retail, and Yuusha MIK Trial (thanks to ScumSuckingPig and lauris71)
    - Changed some underlying code structures
    - Changed Collada format to Autodesk FBX v2010.0.2
    - Added support for SJIS filenames in .pp files
    Known Issues
    - Controls aren't locked or synchronized when performing tasks. Don't perform simultaneous tasks like saving again while it's already saving
    - May crash under 64-bit systems
    - When importing Collada into Maya/Max with Autodesk FBX, normals are reset. Exported normals in Collada from Maya/Max are retained when importing in SB3U

Resources
    .xx File Format (partially outdated) by alessi
    .xx File Format (partially outdated) by RawMonk
    .xa File Format (might be partially outdated) by Alamar
    .vci & .vcs File Formats by Alamar
    .tty File Format by Alamar
    Parser for .xm by Alamar
    Parser for .js3krs by Alamar
    SB3 BotuPlay Cameo Mod Tutorial for SB3Utility v0.4 Pre22 by Alamar
    SB3 Body Accessory v6 Mod Tutorial for SB3Utility v0.4b Pre5 by Alamar
    SB3 Kokonoe Rin (SaYaKa Project) Mod Tutorial for SB3Utility v0.7.17 by Alamar
    Modding Club Tutorial Thread
    Various Posts About Transparency compilation by Sinbad
    Modding Digital Girl Rin by mariokart64n
    Utilizing .sfd Files by trogdor0071
    SB3U Vertex Options Explained by darkhound
    Last edited by Inquisitor; 04-19-2014, 06:00 AM. Reason: Add prefix

• Im having issues with an item that is semi-transparent. How can I make it completely opaque ? So you cant see through it ?

The issue in question is the slime penny from Yuusha Kara Wa Digital mo_00_00.pp item_00_11

Sorry, not sure if this is the right place to ask. Have only just begun dabbling in the modding, and dont have a lot of experience. Any advice would be welcome.
    Link to Yuusha Kara Wa Virtual Comic - Wizards Apprentice Chapter 1
    Link to Yuusha Kara Wa Virtual Comic - Wizards Apprentice Chapter 2
    Link to Yuusha Kara Wa Virtual Comic - Wizards Apprentice Chapter 4 Doublefeature
    My mods for Yuusha
    My mods for Whoremaster
    My completed Project List

Comment

• Originally posted by Flowersteel View Post
      Im having issues with an item that is semi-transparent. How can I make it completely opaque ? So you cant see through it ?

The issue in question is the slime penny from Yuusha Kara Wa Digital mo_00_00.pp item_00_11

Sorry, not sure if this is the right place to ask. Have only just begun dabbling in the modding, and dont have a lot of experience. Any advice would be welcome.
      in the mesh panel (on the right) click the material in list under Mesh Objects. ( the part that looks like an excel sheet)
      In the Hex box, change the first number from 0E to 02 and press Set button.

Comment

• I have a question more like a request hehe. when we export in SB3U it saves to the name of the pp file and xx file in use which is fine but can u add the ability to make it save to the XA filename for the dae file also?

For example say i have a pp file by the name of "AHM_Girl_Bodies_Nude", a xx file name of "Nanoha_Nude.xx" and a xa filename of c_f_15_xa when export my dae file can it be made to show the xa file which i exported and add the frame count from the XA to the file name so it will be easier to set the right frames in maya since dae seems to forget it's frame count in maya but can be set manually.

So i guess it would look something like this AHM_Girl_Bodies_Nude\Nanoha_Nude\c_f_15_1234.dae the frame count only needs to be shown in the dae file if an animation is added if just exporting a mesh from the XX it can just work normal just make it take the name of the xx file instead so Nanoha_Nude.dae.

Sorry if i'm asking too much I just get tired of ripping these animations then having to rename the dae individually as i rip.

Comment

• This is web translation.
          Thank you for the tool production and the improvement.

It seems not to be able to read correctly though it is xa animation of Battle Raper2.

Example:Br2_012.pp > y01_00_00_00.xa > It is T-Stance though becomes Animation Crips idx 200 provocation. Start 4200 End 4320.
          Actual idx 150-151 and the flame3560? saddle squids.

Comment

• This may not belong here but how do you add mqo (meshes) into Sb3u????

EDIT: forget this post, with a little testing and some merging here and there i have figure out how the adding of meshes work sadly i have to do it through an older version of sb3u as there is no updated tut on the current versions.
            Last edited by Wong2005; 04-29-2010, 02:36 PM. Reason: Want this post to disappear

Comment

• Question: How do I make an item shiny or glossy ? I can do it in mateseqoiua, but once I load the texture into SB3Utility, it just goes flat black. If its something with the hex, is there a guide on the hex somewhere ?
              Link to Yuusha Kara Wa Virtual Comic - Wizards Apprentice Chapter 1
              Link to Yuusha Kara Wa Virtual Comic - Wizards Apprentice Chapter 2
              Link to Yuusha Kara Wa Virtual Comic - Wizards Apprentice Chapter 4 Doublefeature
              My mods for Yuusha
              My mods for Whoremaster
              My completed Project List

Comment

• Hi!
                I am sorry if this is not the right place to ask, but where can I download polytrans for 3d max plugin v. 4.4? (or any other version)
                the link to "SB3Utility with 3D Studio Max + Okino Polytrans DirectX Import/Export by J1327" on the first page is not working...
                Thanks a lot!!!

Comment

• Edit: SB3Utility v0.8.25 has been released with support for SM2 Retail.

SB3Utility v0.8.24 has been released with support for SM2 Trial.

Wow, it's been almost 3 months since my last post here. Needless to say, I've been busy (and very lazy). I've warned before that it'd be lucky if I actually add any new features, so sorry if I've given anyone false hope. Other than supporting newer games, please don't expect any updates from me. I've been releasing the source code in hopes that others will add their own features.

Originally posted by kanazawa100k View Post
                  It seems not to be able to read correctly though it is xa animation of Battle Raper2.
                  Yes, SB3U doesn't fully support BR2. There are some differences in its .xa format that I haven't looked at closely.

Originally posted by Flowersteel View Post
                  Question: How do I make an item shiny or glossy ? I can do it in mateseqoiua, but once I load the texture into SB3Utility, it just goes flat black. If its something with the hex, is there a guide on the hex somewhere ?
                  Yes, it has something to do with the hex, but I don't know of any guides. There should be scattered posts in some of the modding threads of Illusion's games.

Originally posted by fotoshopper View Post
                  Hi!
                  I am sorry if this is not the right place to ask, but where can I download polytrans for 3d max plugin v. 4.4? (or any other version)
                  the link to "SB3Utility with 3D Studio Max + Okino Polytrans DirectX Import/Export by J1327" on the first page is not working...
                  Thanks a lot!!!
                  The broken link was only to a custom version of SB3U modified to work with Polytrans and 3ds Max. I don't have the custom version on hand, and I don't believe you're allowed to ask for Polytrans here.

@DillDoe & Wong2005:
                  If I ever start adding new features again, they could be done.
                  Last edited by Alamar; 06-27-2010, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Hi Alamar,
                    I have a problem with 0.8.25 on my Win7 x64. Every time I run SB3U I get:
                    Code:
                    System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Mogre, Version=1.6.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
                    0.8.24 used to work fine.
                    Now I can only run 0.8.25 on my old Win XP... Is there any way to fix that?

[ School Mate 2: Uncensor | Clothes ] [ @HomeMate: Uncensor & Clothes ] [ Yuusha: Uncensor ]
                    [ AG3+: ExpandingPussy Uncensor ] [ Itazura/Ichazura: Uncensor & more ] [ Tech48: Uncensor ]

Comment

• Profundis: For whatever reason, the latest binary is not flagged as a 32-bit application. As a result, it runs as a 64-bit app on 64-bit OSes (As it's .net, one binary can be run as either a 64-bit or 32-bit app). 64-bit apps can't link to 32-bit dlls, however, which causes the error. Anyways, here's a fixed binary. No recompilation done, just added the 32-bit flag.

On a random side note, this really is a horrible design choice on the part of Microsoft. Should be able to make it run as a 32-bit app without messing with the exe.

NOTE: I may forget to remove this when Alamar updates the official binary, so should check the first post for an update once this post starts looking old and moldy. Also be aware that only the exe is included. You still must download the official version to get the other needed files.

<Attachment removed, as Alamar has fixed the issue>
                      Last edited by ScumSuckingPig; 06-28-2010, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• Thank you, ScumSuckingPig, now it works.

[ School Mate 2: Uncensor | Clothes ] [ @HomeMate: Uncensor & Clothes ] [ Yuusha: Uncensor ]
                        [ AG3+: ExpandingPussy Uncensor ] [ Itazura/Ichazura: Uncensor & more ] [ Tech48: Uncensor ]

Comment

• It's now fixed in the 1st post. It switched back to the default "Any CPU" when I didn't have the .suo. I really hate that it's stored there instead of the .sln.

Comment

• Alamar, I have a problem with saving workspace to .sb3uw. My workspace contains textures, materials, hierarchy and meshes. It saves ok but when I load saved .sb3uw I get "index out of range" every time I hit "Add/replace". Meshes are from SM2 if that matters.

Comment

• I couldn't reproduce the error with some quick testing. If it's not too much work, can you give me step-by-step instructions of what you did and the files you're working with that aren't included in the game? If that's a lot, just send me the .sb3uw file.

Comment

• I attached .sb3uw file that's giving me the error. I want to replace in qa_00_00_00.pp -> A01_00_01.xx
                                (.sb3uw has been saved with SB3U 0.8.25, with fix by ScumSuckingPig).

EDIT: file opens fine in SB3U but error occurs when I press Add/Replace button.

Edit 2: link removed
                                Last edited by profundis; 06-30-2010, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X