No announcement yet.

New Female Personality - Methodical!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Miscellaneous] New Female Personality - Methodical!

HAPPY SUPER LATE NEW YEARS EVERYBODY!!!

I promised and I delivered! Here's the new female personality, Methodical!

Spoiler
    Anyways, this personality is based of Yuna from the yuri game Kindred Spirits on the Roof! It's a very cute game about two ghosts who ask the help of Yuna to help couples get together in her all girl school.

The two female ghosts want to have sex (which is weird since they're ghosts and go through stuff, but just roll with it I guess), but don't know how to and try to help others get together so they can figure out how to do it.

There are a lot of couples in the game, but I figured I'd go with Yuna first because she has the most voiced lines. I really wanted to do the rocker girl but she doesn't have enough voiced lines. If I do another character from this game it'll probably be one of the two ghosts, Sachi or Megumi.

Yuna is... well a rather dull character in my opinion. She's a very good cook to the point where in the game she ends up cooking for the athletes team in her school, she's on of the few people who can see Sachi and Megumi, and she's very organized in her thinking and very efficient, but tries to be alone.

Perhaps I should rephrase my comment, I think that Yuna is kind of similar to some of the base characters in the AA2 database, but I was afraid that I might end up running out of lines if I did any other character soo....

But nethertheless, I did end up finishing her. I tried to cut out a lot of the lines with people's names, but you might still here some of them

And while I was at it, I (somehow) finished Hajime's personality, which thanks to Kivi is renamed the Future Personality! I'll probably release that later though, just to keep the tension rolling hehe.

HERE SHE IS!!! Methodical takes up slot #32. I took her image from the official drama cd of her. Have fun with her and her cute lines and stuff~ And as always, please tell me if there are any bugs! THERE ARE NOW TWO DIFFERENT FILES FOR METHODICAL. ONE FOR #32 AND ONE FOR #41. THE #41 WAS CREATED BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE WERE HAVING PROBLEMS THAT CONFLICTED WITH THE ROBOT PERSONALITY. CLICK ON THE DOWNLOAD LINK AND USE THE RESLOTTED ZIP FILE IF YOU ARE HAVING THIS PROBLEM.

Last edited by Lunarmuffin; 01-08-2018, 06:13 PM.
    Check out my personalities: Analytical/Servent/Hero/Methodical
    AA1 Ports: AA1 Manly/ AA1 Humble
    Hope, Twisted and Ice coming soon! Also an April Fools Personality

I hate HF's quoting system for forgive my lazy reply but

Lunarmuffin
    The number bugs are too numerous to list unfortunately, but I do have advice. How are you organizing these lists while making them? Notepad? Excel? I recommend a spreadsheet format, and you can see in the google doc that by formatting the column widths properly you can very clearly see when an entry is shifted and you get errors like those. You can copy text directly from a spreadsheet into a text file for the final version of the list files.
    The H-sounds have something wrong with them mechanically, especially if you copied files from an official personality. Most of the time she was too too quiet for the game to register that she was even speaking. I haven't actually looked at the files, so I can't offer much more insight into that at this time.

Removing/replacing Robot's audio from HEXAPP is a breeze. It's the 'laziest' pack, for lack of a better word - all the sound pp files have their original, standalone names. If your Robot pp file has the same filename as the one in HEXAPP you can drag/drop/replace to get the machine noises out of your game, unless there was an issue with the file names within the archive, which I fuzzily remember was not the case.

(I think this could be a really good personality if the mechanical stuff got fixed)
    (though I will continue to curse some of your "it's Japanese they won't notice how much I'm cheating with this dialogue" moments)

The Renegade
    I don't think it's any more complicated than changing the name of the pp, since as I recall the audio files all referenced the correct slot. If you point me to the mod I can confirm what actually has to be done, but it's barely modding in even its worst case, which would be mass-renaming files through SB3U's built in multi-file rename. Takes seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by KazooAA2G View Post
      I don't think it's any more complicated than changing the name of the pp, since as I recall the audio files all referenced the correct slot. If you point me to the mod I can confirm what actually has to be done, but it's barely modding in even its worst case, which would be mass-renaming files through SB3U's built in multi-file rename. Takes seconds.
      In my particular case, I already tried renaming all the files, but that still didn't work for some reason; it just made all Robot girls mute. Odd.
      Also, until now I was using "Robot v1.2 fixed", in which I had copypasted the 'normal H-voices' into it. But recently I decided to replace that build with Robot v1.2.1 (whose files do have the proper slot-40 numbering). So I installed Robot v1.2.1, with the appropriate No Dim patch (from Arukaado's no dim pack), and the personality seems to work okay except that she doesn't speak at all when my PC interacts with her, and her conversation lines all give me the 0% error (again, this is happening with the no dim patch installed for Robot v1.2.1).
      Tbh, I'm not sure if something in my base game files got corrupted because of 'v1.2 fixed' which I was using before, and maybe that's causing v1.2.1 to basically be mute w/the 0% bug? Or perhaps if it's an error within v1.2.1 (which shouldn't be possible). Because when I revert back to v1.2 fixed, suddenly my Robot girls are working just fine again, with the no dim patch & everything.
      I can link you to the v1.2 fixed zip file if you want to take a look for yourself (the original DL links are dead, but I can shoot you the file directly if you want).

I believe it was Dilldoe who put together v1.2 fixed: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...pend-set-2-fix
      Last edited by The Renegade; 01-13-2018, 11:55 AM.

Comment

I hate HF's quoting system for forgive my lazy reply but

Lunarmuffin
        The number bugs are too numerous to list unfortunately, but I do have advice. How are you organizing these lists while making them? Notepad? Excel? I recommend a spreadsheet format, and you can see in the google doc that by formatting the column widths properly you can very clearly see when an entry is shifted and you get errors like those. You can copy text directly from a spreadsheet into a text file for the final version of the list files.
        The H-sounds have something wrong with them mechanically, especially if you copied files from an official personality. Most of the time she was too too quiet for the game to register that she was even speaking. I haven't actually looked at the files, so I can't offer much more insight into that at this time.

Removing/replacing Robot's audio from HEXAPP is a breeze. It's the 'laziest' pack, for lack of a better word - all the sound pp files have their original, standalone names. If your Robot pp file has the same filename as the one in HEXAPP you can drag/drop/replace to get the machine noises out of your game, unless there was an issue with the file names within the archive, which I fuzzily remember was not the case.

(I think this could be a really good personality if the mechanical stuff got fixed)
        (though I will continue to curse some of your "it's Japanese they won't notice how much I'm cheating with this dialogue" moments)

The Renegade
        Generally speaking I do tend to organize them on notepad since the DIY recommends it. I haven't really thought of moving it onto google docs, but I will try it out when I do other personalities.

Hmm... I'm not sure where exactly I could extract the h-sounds, especially from the vanilla personalities. I'll try to fix that as best as possible.

Hehe, oops~ Somebody noticed that I'm cheating with the Japanese text~ Well, I mean, as long as it's fun to play with it should be fine right~
        Check out my personalities: Analytical/Servent/Hero/Methodical
        AA1 Ports: AA1 Manly/ AA1 Humble
        Hope, Twisted and Ice coming soon! Also an April Fools Personality

Comment

Lunarmuffin
          It doesn't have to be google docs specifically, any spreadsheet format will do. I recommend the docs because I already have the example sheets formatted in the /aa2g/ modder doc and all you need to do is copy/paste your personality file into it to instantly see what's wrong and where.

Some cheating may be passable, but it's really off-putting when the entire kissing sound file is wordless but the text has written dialogue. Working within your constraints and getting the most out of the files you have is part of the challenge of personality modding!

The Renegade
          You linked me to the long-dead thread of a long-dead version hosted by a guy whose mega account was terminated. Rude!
          Lucky for you I already have the robo [normal sex] zip so I can see the things that could be the fatal error. Every single a32 needs to be made a40. SB3U can rename all the sound files with the built in renaming function, but you'd have to edit the lists yourself in notepad++. As long as you do "a32" and not "32," it shouldn't hit any unintended spots.
          If you use HEXAPP you don't need the e05 file or the p00 file. You only have to edit the p05.
          Attached Files

Comment

You linked me to the long-dead thread of a long-dead version hosted by a guy whose mega account was terminated. Rude!
            Lucky for you I already have the robo [normal sex] zip so I can see the things that could be the fatal error. Every single a32 needs to be made a40. SB3U can rename all the sound files with the built in renaming function, but you'd have to edit the lists yourself in notepad++. As long as you do "a32" and not "32," it shouldn't hit any unintended spots.
            If you use HEXAPP you don't need the e05 file or the p00 file. You only have to edit the p05.
            Oops, wasn't my intent to be rude; I wasn't sure whether or not you even had the old 'normal-sex' Robot. The link was just posted to clarify what I was talkin 'bout (and I was fully prepared to give you a fresh Mega link to that version if necessary). But yeah, I think what happened when I tried renaming it the first time was, I must've forgotten to rename the 'a32' voiceclips and a few other things besides the direct filenames + listfiles. I'mma try that and see what happens...

EDIT: so I did as you advised, even double-checking to make sure I renamed everything from "a32" to "a40", and sure enough it worked. I've got the old build of the Robot persona functioning perfectly, this time under her proper slot number. Thanks a ton for the help, dude
            Last edited by The Renegade; 01-15-2018, 02:23 AM.

Comment

The Renegade
              No problem at all. Now you can post a link to those fixed up files somewhere appropriate (wherever that may be) and Lunarmuffin can remove that unnecessary side-slotting of Methodical, and we'll be hunky-dory again.

Comment

Working...
              X