Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CM3D2.TranslationPlus, a Unified Translation Loader equivalent for Sybaris.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CM3D2.TranslationPlus, a Unified Translation Loader equivalent for Sybaris.

Hello, just wanted to pass this information along.

A coder named zklm has created a plugin for Sybaris that effectively replaces the translation plugins included in the Hongfire patch.

His open source project is located on github here:
    https://github.com/zklm/CM3D2.TranslationPlus

This plugin allows you to have an English UI and load translations that are in the same format as the ones shared on Hongfire. In other words it allows you to use the translations that the patch provides while only using Sybaris.

It's still in development and pending a full release may have some bugs.

Download:
    https://github.com/zklm/CM3D2.TranslationPlus/releases

I'm not affiliated with this project and am just passing the information along. However, I have written a few guides on getting Reipatcher+Sybaris to work and have to say that it's much simpler to just use this plugin for translations than to have to repatch every game update.

this looks interesting to say the least.
    despite it's name, code-wise it kinda looks like translation loader adapted to work with sybaris.
    other thing to note I didn't find the function that forces next day(might need to look harder though)
    Making futa/yuri master model
    CM3D to CM3D2 mod porting
    Lesbian dual vibrator fix
    Box Dildo uncensoring
    My Dark Souls to CM3D2 ports

Comment

Seems like the day loading sceen loads perfectly with this lol. And yeah, with this Reipatche+sybaris becomes obsolete and possibly reipatcher becomes obsolete as well.

Comment

• hiremi
        hiremi commented
        Editing a comment
        None of those things ever seemed difficult to me (except reinstalling, never needed to do that).

Now that I think about it, how do you even debug assembly-rewriting patches if you're using a completely dynamic patcher? I've had bugs I'd never have figured out if I couldn't load my patched files in JustDecompile and see what the code actually did from that angle.

I suppose to an extent that demonstrates that my priorities may be different. Still, as long as the sybaris core is closed-source, I'm not comfortable relying on it.

• awesomeguy247
        awesomeguy247 commented
        Editing a comment
        hiremi no one will force you to change to sybaris either, it's just right now, if you want to put the tweaked free mode (unless someone make an equivalent Deflac for reipatcher), don't want to use that less user-friendly cm3d2toolkit, and do other crazy stuff without messing the arc files, sybaris is just the choice for that and you are not bound to reipatcher just because translation loader only limited to reipatcher now.

• hiremi
        hiremi commented
        Editing a comment
        Not even sure what you're referring to with most of those things.

Originally posted by awesomeguy247 View Post
      Seems like the day loading sceen loads perfectly with this lol. And yeah, with this Reipatche+sybaris becomes obsolete and possibly reipatcher becomes obsolete as well.
      Welp, such things happen all the time, heck, Deflarc became obsolete long ago and there is quite no reason to use the ModManager either. Sybaris did outpace Rei long ago, given that Rei simply did not do anymore and merely that Plugin was left, if I am not mistaken. Not quite sure about the many uncensors especially since I actually do not use them or rather just would for the toys.

What now would be neat is to have a new HF Patch and Creator/Manager/Whatever who can make such a nice installer which then instead contains Sybaris with the TLs being properly in place along with all the other utilities,.. problem merely is: Which TLs? (Given the quality of some and those, like me, who'd rather use the x86.exe with VNR or whatever hook)
      I am a cream whip, nothing more and nothing less.
      Oh, and I am a cream whip that made a List of CM3D2 Mods [Always WIP and totally NSFW], mind you.

Comment

The thing that I feel that's still really missing is a replacement for the NamesFix plugin. I'm not aware if there's something like it for Sybaris already available. However, without it only 8 characters can be used for names and the game shortens any names over this limit.

Originally posted by SakuraKoi View Post
        What now would be neat is to have a new HF Patch and Creator/Manager/Whatever who can make such a nice installer which then instead contains Sybaris with the TLs being properly in place along with all the other utilities,.. problem merely is: Which TLs? (Given the quality of some and those, like me, who'd rather use the x86.exe with VNR or whatever hook)
        Making an installer would be easy enough. There's lots of freeware available that allows you to do just that. It's as you've said: deciding what's included.

Despite using Hongfire for so long I'm not really familiar with how its bureaucracy works when it comes to releases. I'd like to think it's as simple as getting permission from each contributor and packaging all of the files into a release.

Comment

• Hyperguy.net
          Hyperguy.net commented
          Editing a comment
          Neerhom I have. It doesn't seem to work. I think it's because it was only made to work with a patched Assembly-CSharp.dll.

• phgborges
          phgborges commented
          Editing a comment
          This setup worked for me so far:
          - the patcher (CM3D2.NamesFix.Patcher.dll) inside folder \Sybaris\Loader
          - the plugin (CM3D2.NamesFix.Plugin.dll) together with CM3D2x64.exe (or x86)

• Hyperguy.net
          Hyperguy.net commented
          Editing a comment
          phgborges "together with CM3D2x64.exe"
          You mean in the root of the directory? I gave it a try by placing CM3D2.NamesFix.Patcher.dll into "\CM3D2\Sybaris\Loader" and placing CM3D2.NamesFix.Plugin.dll into "\CM3D2" but to no avail. The CM3D2.NamesFix.Patcher.dll and CM3D2.NamesFix.Plugin.dll are from the Hongfire patch and I'm attempting to use them without Reipatcher. As far as I can tell they're not compatible with Sybaris.
          Edit: Trying with "CM3D2\Sybaris\Plugins\UnityInjector" was the first thing I did.
          Last edited by Hyperguy.net; 02-19-2017, 07:20 AM.

Is it just me, or does this plugin translate a LOT less text than UTL? I converted my game from the ReiPatcher setup to sybaris and now most of the translations are gone. TranslationPlus loads the translations (the console output says so) but it doesn't use them. Or did I just screw up the installation?

Edit: OK, got it working. I was missing Cecil.Inject.dll in my Sybaris/Loader folder.
        Last edited by whootwhoot; 02-18-2017, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X