[Plugin] YAT - Yet Another Translator 1.4.2.0 + subtitles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Utilities] [Plugin] YAT - Yet Another Translator 1.4.2.0 + subtitles

What? But we already have UTP and TranslationPlus. Why would we need...

Yet Another Translator(or YAT for short)

Yet Another Translator (YAT) is a translation plug-in for CM3D2 aimed to provide working translation capabilities for CM3D2 versions 1.49 and up.

The project is open source and dedicated to the public domain. The plug-in itself was written from scratch while maintaining compatibility with currently available translations.

Main features
    • Patchers for Sybaris and ReiPatcher
    • String and asset replacing (pretty much like in UTP and TranslationPlus)
    • Fixed for CM3D2 version 1.49
    • CM3D2 VPVR support
    • Some optimisations to string translating
    • Logging and dumping
    • Subtitles for VPVR and other events
    • Support for Head-mounted displays
    • Text-to-clipboard

You can find more information on YAT project page

DOWNLOAD
    The latest version is: 1.4.2.0
    Remember to read the README, as it contains requirements and an installation guide

Installation, troubleshooting, help
    You can find all help you need on YAT Wiki.

If you need help or encounter a problem, consult the wiki first.
    I won't be looking at this thread too often because of HF servers being sometimes quite unstable -- moreover, it's hard to keep track of already resolved issues on a forum.
    Until I find a better way to report problems and propose features, consider creating an issue ticket on YAT GitHub page to get your problem looked into quickly.

More info about contributing is in YAT Wiki/Contributing.

AutoTranslate for YAT

For best translation experience (at least the best one can afford with such a vast game as CM3D2), it's suggested to use Google AutoTranslate plug-in by whootwhoot. You can find the plugin's releases on GitHub and support thread on HongFire.

Raw Subtitles for YAT

As of version 1.2.0.0, YAT supports transcribing voice files and displaying translations as subtitles. However, YAT itself does not come with any subtitles: any attempt to display them in-game will only show voice files' names instead any kind of text.

However, most voices are transcribed in the game's ARC files (most of the text is just uncommented, though). Thus YAT provides a separate tool, SubtitleDumper that can read ARC files and output found Japanese transliterations of voice files as text files compatible with YAT.

Thus, to get raw subtitles (aka. Japanese transliterations), you can either download pre-dumped transliterations or download the tool and dump them yourself.

Here are the download links:

RAW SUBTITLES
    FOR VPVRDumped 20.08.2017
    FOR KPVRDumped 01.10.2017

SUBTITLEDUMPER
    SubtitleDumper is released alongside YAT, so the tool is always in a separate ZIP file alongside the latest YAT.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by denikson; 02-25-2018, 02:11 PM.

Greetings! A new version aproachethsdve'st!

Nothing major this time. This version has mainly a few fixes, including a quick fix to make the patcher work on COM3D2.
    That said, while YAT is being updated, the main focus is still CM3D2 -- COM3D2-related issues will be fixed, as long as the fix won't break compatibility with CM3D2.
    Moreover, the English release is soon to come; don't get your knickers in a twist.

Some people have reported problems with AutoTranslate and YAT on COM3D2. While it may not help, I have included the old YAT-only version of AutoTranslate 1.2 that I made back before AutoTranslate was updated to support YAT. The custom AutoTranslate is stripped of UTP and TP support, which might help with COM3D2.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Piratenbusch
      Piratenbusch commented
      Editing a comment
      To all guys trying to fix the Pose Edit bug in the Studio Mode in COM3D2 with this: It's not working. (Thanks for it anyway denikson)

May I request for raw subtitles of KPVR2? I tried to get it myself using the subtitledumper but i don't even know which file I should be dumping. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Why leave the Hook for 1.5.0.0 in Managed in the download when both installs don't use it? Just creates unnecessary confusion imo.
      Also the plugin still presents itself as 1.4.2.1 in the console.
      Last edited by curseofZ; 03-13-2018, 02:40 PM.

Comment

1.5.0.0. is broken for CM3D2. Nothing gets translated. Reverting back to 1.4.2.1. returns the english translations.

Comment

I can't even anything to work. Wasted like 10 hours on this LMAO is this thread for Java masters or something

Comment

I'm honestly confused about this myself but guess I'll learn or try too >>. May just break my brain for it.

Comment

Hello, I'm currently trying to customize the room size translation of the main room.
              At present, it is only poor how to correctly translate the digits of all the decimal places.
              What is the solution?
              The syntax I am currently using is as follows
              $ Banner: (\d+)m Width: $1m
              $ Aoline: (\d+)m Depth: $1m
              $Sorghum: (\d+)m Height: $1m
              $大きさ\d+)m Size:$1m

$ Banner: (\d+) 宽度 Width: $1m
              $ Aoline: (\d+) 深度 Depth: $1m
              $Sorghum: (\d+)マス Height: $1m
              However, it is not able to correctly translate to the second decimal place

Comment

Working...
              X